Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2019 2:55 PM

Jul 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I would have been surprised by the fact that the saint was a madwoman obsessed with extracting the organs of Magmel's species if wasn't for the fact that the series already did something similar during the first two episodes, but, well...
Apr 28, 2019 3:26 PM

Feb 2017
I'm confused, exactly what part of what she was doing was "evil"?
From the looks of it she can't kill stuff so I guess the money she made was from scavenging and if someone happens to kill(or knock out in the case of the flashback) an animal she took the chance to take their valueble innards, or are you going to tell me thats somehow worse than killing animal left and right?
Apr 28, 2019 7:00 PM

Apr 2018
I started watching it today and watched up to ep 3. I checked my """""special""""" websites to find ep 4 with no luck. Does anyone know where I can find it?
Apr 28, 2019 7:30 PM

Feb 2017
Like that went back to the "seinen/gore" shudder of the first, second episode.
Really like the moral fable of economy at the beginning, the anime needs more of that.

The mc episode girl was:

MC said he was not to powerfull like his sensei.

I don't understand the conversation in the end, when they buy the food,
what are they talking about? the subs go crazy or what??.
And the seller try to give a discount on fishing?.

Next episode is a filler one again, waiting for a episode like 1,2,4 :/
Apr 28, 2019 8:12 PM

Oct 2015
Poor Verena, I kinda felt for her a bit after all she collected those body parts for the children. Inyo should've followed her, I think she was just a demented woman and needed to be saved to be put onto a mental institution.

At least we saw a glimpse of his past and his sensei Shuin. I also love the chemistry between Zero and him, I wonder how they met?
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 28, 2019 8:19 PM

Oct 2015
Luxeraph said:
I'm confused, exactly what part of what she was doing was "evil"?
From the looks of it she can't kill stuff so I guess the money she made was from scavenging and if someone happens to kill(or knock out in the case of the flashback) an animal she took the chance to take their valueble innards, or are you going to tell me thats somehow worse than killing animal left and right?
Maybe it's because she will do anything for those innards. Sacrifice even the people who entrusted her because she couldn't give a rats ass. But in her defense I think she did a noble thing by doing it for the children, but Inyo questioned how she acquired them.

But at the end he was willing to save her until he got stopped by Zero.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 29, 2019 5:48 AM

Aug 2008
This show has some ideas when it comes to stories but absolutely no idea how to properly execute them. Last week was already bad, but this episode was so badly written it somehow got confusing. At its core it looks like a badly choreographed puppet show for kindergarteners, with simple brutality for teen boys, pretending to be mature.

Moo-moo: Bow-wow, remember to always look left and right before passing the street and always ask nicely before murdering your family for inadequately explained reason. Also, war... war never changes.

It's another dreary season but I'm not sure I'll even stick with this show if the next episode is so bad.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 29, 2019 5:48 AM
Apr 2019
Hmm... need more flashback about zero and inyo...
We already at eps 4 and we still dont know about this angler profession.. The thing i only know MC OP as fuck but he decide just to be rescuer and not loot anything in Magmel to be rich or something...
Apr 29, 2019 9:17 AM
Apr 2018
Wtf I'm very confused with episode 4 zzzz
Apr 29, 2019 10:40 AM

Aug 2018
I did not really like this episode : ok its point was to show that good looking people (on a state of mind / spirit plan) aren't as good as one could think. It was actually interesting to see that her actions came from blood & death, something none would even dare to attribute to her profile (like, the voice at the end telling she did not pass away but became a Goddess... jeez that's deep).

Well, good points are that we've seen some parts of Zero & Inyou's past. But what annoyed me remains the fact they introduced this Verena / Bloody Maria but did not totally exploit her. Her evilness or bad side appeared very quickly when she took the creature's organs & then when she considered livings as a source of profit. Too bad, I wish she had more screentime like the guy from episode 1 had.
Apr 29, 2019 11:18 AM

Nov 2016
I liked the theme for this episode, but the execution could've been better.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 29, 2019 1:05 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm Inyou sure is stingy with money. Though its amusing how he thinks he can match Zero in being able to get freebees though. From the outside Verena sure looks to be akin to a saint. The insight into how Inyou met Verena though was insightful. The impact that she made on Zero though sure was significant. So the saint was also a hunter that used the spoils to feed the children while caring little of her fellows. Truly the title Blood saint is perfect for her. For zero the shock must have been even more immense. A fun ep that did well in showing that sometimes even the ones with the purest of intentions can also become monsters as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2019 1:07 PM

May 2018
So that so called saint is just another poacher , who harvest organs to make money from monsters in Magmel.
Apr 29, 2019 3:47 PM

Jul 2009
The greed of one cult leader and the sheep who follow.. more or less the description of all current major religions.
I like the level headedness of the MC and how they "soloved" this tho (^.^)
Apr 30, 2019 8:16 AM
Mar 2019
This is just what we needed, an episode with a strong focus on future Best Girl of the season <3

I'm excited to learn more about Shuuin. He definitely seems like the Kite to Inyou's Gon
Apr 30, 2019 9:57 AM

Jan 2019
What a big dissapointment, this anime
May 2, 2019 10:01 AM
Mar 2015
This episode was a bit more bland than the others, still gonna keep watching though.
May 2, 2019 2:50 PM
Jul 2018
Never hurts to have a good power rangers type morals episode. DO THE MEANS JUSTIFY THE ENDS.... MAYBE get back to the action next week though. Here is hoping. RETS GO
May 3, 2019 6:29 AM
Oct 2018
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
So that so called saint is just another poacher , who harvest organs to make money from monsters in Magmel.

She was not poacher, at most she was hyena or vulture.
May 3, 2019 11:50 PM

Feb 2014
EternalDreamer said:
The greed of one cult leader and the sheep who follow.. more or less the description of all current major religions.
I like the level headedness of the MC and how they "soloved" this tho (^.^)
Such words could get you into trouble mate XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 4, 2019 10:17 AM

May 2018
Jagger85 said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

She was not poacher, at most she was hyena or vulture.

News flash, in Africa criminals who harvest Elephant tusk or Rhino Horns illegally in protected areas were also called poachers
May 4, 2019 6:14 PM
Jul 2017
This show isn't very well animated and the stories are sometimes confusing, but for some reason I'm still entertained and plan to keep watching it.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
May 9, 2019 12:29 PM

Mar 2018
Every episode is basically the same. Go rescue some fool by fighting off some monsters. And since he's so ridiculously overpowered (which they've never explained why) the fights are not interesting at all.

Besides his teacher would've probably been a better MC for this show.
May 10, 2019 7:26 AM
Jan 2019
And in the end, Verena died or not?
This felt I felt a bit empty, but at least we saw Inyo's mentor.
May 17, 2019 7:26 PM
Mar 2012
Think they intentionally made things vague to suit the grey moral theme, but end up muddying the plot & theme unnecessarily. Sounds like she died but never shown/explained. She let's her 'volunteers' kill & die for her, then she scavenges the organs. She doesn't command them or kill creatures, but does take advantage of both creatures & human sacrifices to save orphans. Pretty messed up means for a good end goal.

Their 'economics' banter were kinda fun, & usually stingy Inyo for once showed generosity.
Short glimpse of Zero & Shuin's past.
Animation nice & clean (got very low expectations after the opm blur), except some mouth flap mistakes.
Jun 6, 2019 8:52 PM

Aug 2018
Another excellent episode, I’m starting to think Inyou May be of the earth, some kind of weird demi god of the island.
Jun 8, 2019 6:18 AM

Apr 2018
What the hell? This was disappointing and confusing. I thought she was doing something darker but she's just extracting hearts for the kids. And how did she die? This show is getting more dissapointing as it goes on
Jul 3, 2019 1:43 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
This was very disappointing. It had potential, but could have been executed so much better.
Sep 14, 2019 9:51 AM

Jul 2015
Wow, I expected way worse by their shock reaction to what that 'saint' did, she probably has gone mad like the guy from episode 1

Feb 21, 2021 9:16 AM

Sep 2020
So this woman was evil because she scavenged the wild animals to fund her orphanage... and letting her die (which leaves the kids without a caretaker and the orphanage without money) was the GOOD thing to do?

As for her followers dying, we dont actually see what happened, we dont know what happened on all the other trips etc.

In combination with the money talk at the end, i have absolutely no clue what message they are trying to convey.

What a disaster of an episode.
Mar 5, 2023 12:29 AM
Jul 2021
I don't get it, why the total and complete horror in Zero reaction to "the saint" "big reveal" I just don't get this show anymore, such a huge potential wasted.

The end tho :/ what was the message they where tying to convey to us? I don't get it. A complete and total disaster of a show.
DawizzMar 5, 2023 1:09 AM
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gunjou no Magmel Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

P_S_Y_C_H_O - May 6, 2019

63 by jenkitsune »»
Jan 31, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Gunjou no Magmell Episode 13 Discussion

alexanderthekek - Jun 23, 2019

38 by MeanEYE »»
Dec 21, 2023 2:50 PM

Poll: » Gunjou no Magmel Episode 6 Discussion

el_morris - May 12, 2019

26 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Jun 6, 2023 4:02 PM

» Gunjou no Magmell Episode 12 Discussion

Luroon - Jun 27, 2019

1 by Dawizz »»
Mar 17, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Gunjou no Magmel Episode 10 Discussion

alexanderthekek - Jun 2, 2019

19 by Dawizz »»
Mar 16, 2023 12:06 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.