Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Mar 24, 2019 11:00 AM
Oct 2016
This was a good episode. I was afraid this show was becoming mediocre from these past episodes. Luckily it doesn`t seem like that`s true from this episode. I hope it continues with this quality.
The iron maiden attack was cool, i also want to see what happens now that Glass has appeared.
Mar 24, 2019 12:12 PM

Nov 2017
Loved the animation on that Iron Maiden attack.And can't wait for Malty to get her come-uppance,hopefully they'll have it in full :)
Mar 24, 2019 12:57 PM

Oct 2013
Finally another good episode!
I have been totally hyped during the first couple of episodes. But somehow the last episodes felt episodic. Kinda didnt feel any progression. And it was quiet boring.

But the last two episode - especially this one - got me hyped again.

I love how Naofumi is still distrustful. I would hate those kingdom people aswell. I do love his rage and fury. Those eyes o.o

Good to see some people siding with the shield hero. You reap what you sow.

That new lady in black looks interesting!
My only regret is having regrets!
Mar 24, 2019 4:16 PM

Jan 2017
Demyx_IX said:
You say that you paid attention, yet didn't mention anything about the village/granny/soldiers, who had been fighting for 3 hours by the time that Naofumi and co went to see what the others were doing. I don't care how much you've trained, fighting for 3hours straight with few breaks in between, will wear you out, and that's what Naofumi is worried about happening. At their current pace, it would have taken as long to kill it.

Stop mentioning this stupid village. Who the fuck cares. There was absolutely no justifiable or believable reason to go rage mode whilst a) MC still has no clue what the exact consequences are if he can't be stopped and b) if it puts the Raccoon at risk. The whole scene was so clumsily written that at no given point you should have had the feeling that the party is in dire need to pull any stunts. All those other heroes had yet to even fully participate.
Mar 24, 2019 5:25 PM

Nov 2011
Reuterli said:
Demyx_IX said:
You say that you paid attention, yet didn't mention anything about the village/granny/soldiers, who had been fighting for 3 hours by the time that Naofumi and co went to see what the others were doing. I don't care how much you've trained, fighting for 3hours straight with few breaks in between, will wear you out, and that's what Naofumi is worried about happening. At their current pace, it would have taken as long to kill it.

Stop mentioning this stupid village. Who the fuck cares. There was absolutely no justifiable or believable reason to go rage mode whilst a) MC still has no clue what the exact consequences are if he can't be stopped and b) if it puts the Raccoon at risk. The whole scene was so clumsily written that at no given point you should have had the feeling that the party is in dire need to pull any stunts. All those other heroes had yet to even fully participate.

1.Why shouldn't I mention it? It's legitimately a plot point and part of Naofumi's character that he wants to make sure as few people die from the waves as possible, and make sure nobody suffers like Raphtalia did. Which is why Naofumi and co were at the village in the first place and didn't rush straight for the boss, the same goes for the first wave they fought in. Protect the villagers and make sure as many survive as possible.

2. He actually does know what the consequences are, you do as well. The consequences are that he burns everyone far worse than what happened to Raphtalia.

3. I can't tell if you're joking, trolling, or being plain dumb with this. "All those other heroes had yet to even fully participate." Did you literally not see All 3 of the heroes attacking the thing and doing very little damage? What do you expect their companions to do to it when the LEGENDARY HEROES ARE DOING SO LITTLE DAMAGE AS IT IS?!

4. The waves are a threat to the world, not just the heroes, the world. And as such, you don't go "I have this way to do a bit more damage to this creature, but I don't know guys. We're sort of managing it okay, and nobody has died, or close to dying. So I think I'll hold onto it until I know for sure that we have no other way of beating/surviving this fight."

That, right there, is far more idiotic writing/logic/reasoning than you complain about the story having.
Mar 24, 2019 5:33 PM
Mar 2019
[quote=Demyx_IX][quote=Reuterli message=57213956]
Demyx_IX said:

animation cannot include all the content in detail, but with a few small signs so the audience can understand the conditions, if you want to know more about reading Light Novel
Mar 24, 2019 6:47 PM
Aug 2018
Interim said:
"As source of thy power, I order thee. Decipher the laws of nature and illuminate my surroundings."

Sounds like Goblin Slayer to me.

I swear I thought I was watching goblin slayer for a second
Oppai.
Mar 24, 2019 8:51 PM

Jan 2017

I don't know how to make this any more clear to you. At absolutely no given point in time was there a dire need to pull out some ace card. They were in control of the situation while going rage might as well have caused the exact oposite. "Why would you do this" is the only thing that came to mind, much like watching characters pull some random moves in SW The Last Jedi. And no, the other heroes were not fighting in unison with MC's party after it was made clear they are able to hurt the enemy. I don't know what episode you have seen.

Maybe the severity of the situation was conveyed better in the source material but it sure as hell wasn't in the anime. Poorly written sequence that lacked reasonable justification or motivation of almost any of the involved characters.
Mar 24, 2019 10:48 PM

Nov 2011
Reuterli said:

I don't know how to make this any more clear to you. At absolutely no given point in time was there a dire need to pull out some ace card. They were in control of the situation while going rage might as well have caused the exact oposite. "Why would you do this" is the only thing that came to mind, much like watching characters pull some random moves in SW The Last Jedi. And no, the other heroes were not fighting in unison with MC's party after it was made clear they are able to hurt the enemy. I don't know what episode you have seen.

Maybe the severity of the situation was conveyed better in the source material but it sure as hell wasn't in the anime. Poorly written sequence that lacked reasonable justification or motivation of almost any of the involved characters.

And I don't know how to make this any more clear to you, his reasoning is that he wanted to end the fight sooner rather than later. That way it lessened the chance of the grandma and the knights getting exhausted, and thus getting injured or killed because they don't have the stamina necessary to keep going. Hell, in the cut away to the grandma, she's seen breathing pretty hard between fighting enemies.

Reuterli said:
And no, the other heroes were not fighting in unison with MC's party after it was made clear they are able to hurt the enemy. I don't know what episode you have seen.

That's not what you were arguing with your last post, you said that they weren't participating. Not that they weren't 'fighting in unison with MC's party'. Participating and working with MC's party are not one in the same. You can't have your cake and eat it too. And even so, they didn't want to work together when trying to get the damn thing to appear, and don't think all that highly of Naofumi still. So I don't know what you're expecting with them putting aside their differences for fuck all of a reason and working together.

In short, right back at you pal. I don't know what episode you have seen.
Demyx_IXMar 25, 2019 2:10 PM
Mar 25, 2019 6:20 AM
Jun 2017
A+ for difficulty mode as the heroes (spear, archer, sword and shield) have a hard time clearing this wave as they even used many of their skills just to kill that enemy they have. by the way its only shield hero who have finished that one and the rest are just support wherein by nature, they are primarily on offense and naofumi is more on defense... but that doesn't stop there as the BOSS FIGHT IS COMING NEXT WEEK!!! Cant wait for this one...

And by the way this is the first time the 4 have been in one battle, i mean they fight as together. and on first scene it just showed how they are not cooperating at each other and thus fight their own causing the wave to be longer...

hmm.. lets see next week how can the 4 heroes beat that boss battle. i mean its just the second wave but they are having a hard time beating it...
Mar 26, 2019 1:51 AM

Jul 2013
Damn this wave has a human being in it? Is she the one who's been making these short appearances lately? Also, the 3 heroes were useless af lol like those people who join your party but doesn't do anything to help but when it comes to the loot they're very fast.
Mar 26, 2019 3:51 PM

Sep 2011
I guess Naofumi just overcame the curse or whatever. Well that was anticlimactic. I love how the other heroes who are supposed to be so strong basically just stood there the entire episode and only did 2-3 attacks each. Can they not transform their weapons or use abilities? Is it only the power of the shield?
Anyway, Filo was annoying as ever, even in her angry chicken form. Hopefully this new villain will be interesting.
Mar 27, 2019 10:54 AM

Mar 2012
The shield cannot attack they said ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 28, 2019 7:55 PM
Nov 2018
Are we just gonna ignore the CGI :/
Mar 30, 2019 11:46 AM

Jul 2008
I don't know why but I loved this battle episode. Also shows that the other heroes seem to be useless.
Apr 1, 2019 12:44 PM

Nov 2018
Those losers were annoying this episode too, but less than before. Naofumi owned them and Raphtalia n Filo were as supportive as always. I swear I can't stand Motoyasu even talking, 2x my way through his parts.
Finally someone who acknowledges Naofumi and shows others their place.
Apr 3, 2019 12:26 PM

Oct 2013
Cool episode filled with actions and nice effects. That granny was dank, haha.

We could see Naofumi with Rage Shield once again. I liked that zombie Dragon theme and how Naofumi overcame Rage Shield's curse.

Aaaand a new enemy appeared. Glass is quite mysterious. I'm wondering what is gonna happen in the next episode. Though I have a feeling that eventually she will become friends with Naofumi and join his party, lol.
Apr 7, 2019 3:16 AM

Jan 2015
I think Glass will play a crucial part in this series.
May 26, 2019 11:46 PM
Dec 2017
I feel like all the heroes except Naofumi waste too much time thinking about the wrong things. At least the sword and bow hero aren't as bad as Motoyasu...

Anyway, this was a great episode! I didn't know that there could be human villains in the waves though... I just assumed that they'd always be monsters of some sort...
Jun 6, 2019 3:34 AM

Dec 2013
That was a very interesting battle! I'm not happy to see the heroes fight together but Naofumi was really strong. And that grandma is such a baddass! I wonder how they will fight glass, she looks very strong

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jun 9, 2019 12:11 AM

Jul 2016
Well, the fighting granny sure was picturesque to say the least. I actually liked that sequence but it caught me a bit off guard xD

Nice action-packed episode. The build up to Iron Maiden was great, especially in the musical aspect. As expected from Kevin Penkin, the tracks used made the scenes a lot more enjoyable to watch.

Now, I'm really interested in seeing how the confrontation with Glass will be.
Jun 18, 2019 10:31 PM
Feb 2011
I have to say I do NOT like how the shield hero has some hidden super power allowing him to be on the offense. Makes me think they only had the shield hero part to set up the beginning. They could have simply made his lack of knowlage be enough.

Also the whole hidden power thing is extremely damn overplayed and predictable.
Jun 20, 2019 9:00 PM
Apr 2018
Cool episode, though in the same way a few have already said, I don't quite "like" that Naofumi has offensive presence considering all those times it is has been said how shields are not meant to attack. But, I think him being made super smart would've been worse.
Jun 25, 2019 1:04 PM

Apr 2019
By far my favorite episode of this anime so far, the fight was amazing and it sent shivers all over my body when Naofumi defeated that monster and got a hold of himself when he used the rage shield.
Interesting new character at the end of this episode as well...
Jun 27, 2019 1:29 PM

Sep 2012
that lady seem to be serious boss mob
Jul 23, 2019 10:39 AM

Jul 2014
5 minutes passed in a 1.5 minute conversation.
Jul 28, 2019 9:39 PM

Jul 2013
So the new wave came and Naofumi and Co. got teleported. The funniest part was definitely the old granny who was oneshotting these monsters. :D

So the main fight happened on a flying ship. The other heroes did nothing besides arguing with each other. The Soul Eater which appeared was pretty strong. Nothing really did dmg besides Filos and Raphtalias attacks. And again Naofumi used his wrath shield which got upgrated into a zombie dragon shield. At first Naofumi didn't seem to having control over himself, but after he remembered the words of Raphtalia he was able to beat the Soul Eater with a powerful skill.

Bad thing this wasn't even the wave boss. Glass showed up and she seems for my taste way to strong. Will be interesting to see what Naofumi and the others can do.

Aug 11, 2019 6:14 AM

Mar 2018
How carefree Filo is amazes me everytime lol.
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Sep 4, 2019 8:07 AM

Aug 2018
Holy Lord, that was a very nice episode, that like Stark as said "Plenty of action" yes absolutely, Naofumi's new armor and his new skills are so badass also Glass is badass too.
Oct 18, 2019 7:51 AM

Mar 2015
The other three heroes are such bitches lmaoooo
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 19, 2020 9:31 PM

May 2013
Baa-chan was badass LOLOL. We usually see plenty of martial artist grandpas, but this was something new and nice :D

Glass is gorgeousssss <3 I tend to like anime women who have long black hair like myself lulz :P
Aug 29, 2020 10:12 PM

Aug 2019
ohohh holy shit this episode was pure bliss, they fucking stepped on the throttle for this one god damn.
Unsurprisingly Naofumi has to go out of his way to evacuate the village and defend it while the other heroes ignore the village and have a pillow fight with the flying Dutchman.
God it's honestly sad to see how disorganised and uncoordinated those 3 heroes are, just because they aren't in a party dosen't mean they have to completly shut out the meaning of "team work". Really liked Raphtalia yell at them, they deserved it standing around like a bunch of lemons, and Malty shut it, literally all your screen time this ep was you complaning while Naofumi fights tooth and bone.

I was expecting a good fight scene since Naofumi's was jumping in, but holy balls that was hot. Didn't expect the dragon crystal to do that, Naofumi's new armour he acquired as well as his Dragon Zombie shield was fucking brilliant, both looking so nice together with his rage shield, really digging that look. Interested to see why Filo also got the rage buffs as well, surely it can't be because of the slave crest? Otherwise Raphtalia would be affected as well? Ngl as well, really liked that Raphtalia scene, it was really touching, reminded Naofumi who he's fighting for, but equally after, that intense visual scene of a new set of cursed skills i guess??? appearing, looks like 7 in total had me pretty shocked.
Also looking back at that scene of a new skill tree activating, almost looks like his "pipe shield" was somehow enhance or effected by the rage shield in some way to become a fucking iron maiden lmao, either way, that iron maiden scene was just pure sex, my jaw dropped at seeing it in action, Naofumi well played, love you even more now.
Also found it hysterical that all the other heroes are in shock at Naofumi's strength, lmao what? Isn't this what you wanted? You guys cucked him and then threw him out, dudes picking up his own weight and literally having to carry theres as well.

ooooow new villain? Glass looks like an interesting character, maybe a boss from the wave, but either way she said the wave dosen't end until she gets a fight, also a good choice that she chose Naofumi, the others probably would pretty get folded.
Jan 2, 2021 5:30 PM
Jun 2020
The iron-maiden scene was absolutely breathtaking!
Jan 9, 2021 2:08 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah, they actually found the real boss, after having a tireful fight against those crappy soul eater. So, stop saying something crap and bullshit, then be serious, you all junk heroes. Cause that black chick wouldn't be hesitate to torture you, crappy heroes. Ofc those all of shit things should except our one and only savior, shield hero. Because he was too strong. I just hope she just didn't fell out her feeling to our shield hero that already being so goddamn badass this episode, with all of those power revelations. Cause, well, its too fuckin annoying with that route, honestly. So, lets see how things turn!

And damn, those granny. Never expect her to got an important role like that. Lmao. Better than bs heroes that fighting like a bunch of amateur. Poor them. But, well, Firo, you were so goddamn cool. And those hairpin, hell, its so good and completely match up with your adorable chick rounded face! Not gonna mentioned Raph, tho. She was so loyal, and really became a good waifu material. So, enough bs and lets go next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 18, 2021 6:54 AM

Apr 2013
Iron Maiden... a very fitting ability for a shield hero, I like it. Spear hero is so damn useless, Malty really knows how to pick a man.... not.
Mar 11, 2021 1:06 AM

Oct 2020
Holy crap Naofumi looks badass wit his rage shield

And also i wonder will Glass be an enermy or an ally?
Jun 8, 2021 1:28 PM

Aug 2019
gave me berserker armor vibes when he used his rage shield
snowykevinJun 8, 2021 1:34 PM
Nov 15, 2021 6:04 AM

Jul 2017
Kung-fu Grandma and Glass at the end were great, the Wave itself was pretty boring but the Glass stuff should be better with that being the focus next episode, still hate the Rage Shield stuff.
Nov 24, 2021 9:15 AM
Nov 2020
I loved that when naofumi casted iron Maiden, it was him and the dragon talking at the same time
Dec 16, 2021 4:52 PM

Jul 2021
The fury mode of Naofumi's shield is pretty cool to see, but I don't think he should regain consciousness so easily just because Raphtalia talked to him.
asdasdsadad
Feb 5, 2022 11:11 AM

Jul 2021
Another great episode.

Naofumi finally gave the bracelette and hairband to Raphtalia and Filo :D

The wave has finally arrived, the evacuation of the village was successful. Obachan was total badass there.

Naofumi used the rage shield and was overcome by the anger of the dragon he killed and that gave him power and he was able to defeat the soul howl but then another one appears and then a mysterious lady just kills it in an instant and announces herself as their enemy.

In the end, Naofumi was the one who fought the most and the others hardly helped him at all, this just shows that shield is the most powerful even after not having any offensive abilites like sword, bow or spear. The other heroes are just name sake, they are just uselss lumps who don't know anything but to trouble and judge Naofumi, just kill them and the bitch already.

This was an action packed episode, enjoyed a lot. 5/5.

Also did I mention this? I love Filo's voice lol, it's so cute.
TsutanaiFuunFeb 5, 2022 11:17 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 9, 2022 5:05 AM

Apr 2021
I'm so hyped up with the Iron Maiden!!!

Intrigued by Naofumi's mysterious aura, I continued watching this anime. I thought that the maximum extent of his powers would be healing and unlocking different types of shields. That's why I was thrilled when he unlocked the Rage Shield. Now, I didn't expect that there will be something cooler than the latter. Way to go!
“Why does an apple fall when it is ripe? Is it brought down by the force of gravity? Is it because its stalk withers? Because it is dried by the sun, because it grows too heavy, or because the boy standing under the tree wants to eat it? None of these is the cause.... Every action of theirs, that seems to them an act of their own free will is in the historical sense not free at all but is bound up with the whole course of history and preordained from all eternity.”

― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Jul 6, 2023 4:07 AM
Sep 2021
This gave me hinokami kagura vibes
Jul 6, 2023 4:08 AM
Sep 2021
This gave me hinokami kagura vibes
Aug 23, 2023 5:11 PM

Dec 2022
Iron Maiden was the kind of attack I wanted to see. It required more set-up than a typical ability from the heros who had a proper weapon, but it allowed Naofumi to inflict damage on the opponent. The complaints about this in the thread are unfounded. Defensive classes with some offensive presence or abilities are very common. If anything, a video game character who couldn't inflict damage under any circumstances would be much more questionable.

Shaded Horizon

Oct 10, 2023 6:15 PM
Dec 2022
The gran got some power! The Soul Eater looks bad news!

Rage shield mode is not to be trivialized. Another enemy?!
Dec 16, 2023 7:12 PM

Nov 2023
Man, this was really tough to watch episode
Feb 3, 11:57 PM
Jun 2022
One Of The Best Episodes Of S1. Rage Dope Power At Its Peak!!! Hell Yeah.
Apr 17, 6:55 PM

Dec 2022
Top episode, the iron maiden looks superb + his rage shield.

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

545 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 29, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2019

242 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 26, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
Apr 26, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 26, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

195 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 26, 7:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.