Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 12, 2019 12:55 PM

Apr 2014
such a great ep but it was predictable with how it ended with the 1 girl somehow picking the right choice in the end and staying alive but even then it was really amazing

with that said i feel like this season could have and should have just ended here
"one step at a time"
Apr 20, 2019 1:53 AM

Jun 2016
Ugh... I'm extremely disappointed.
I really liked the way the rest of this episode--and most of the last--was headed. I enjoyed learning more about Sayaka, and I liked the direction I believed it was going. For once, I felt that the stakes were actually going to be substantial, what with the build-up given by Sayaka's backstory and just the general atmosphere that the episodes had. I thought that they were going to have something serious and nontrivial happen to the characters, that there was going to be a promise that wasn't backed out of (see: the Russian Roulette and betting-your-life thing from last season and the finger-cutting game from this season) but nope. Sayaka was safe and sound, and her relationship with the President was still intact.
Plus, to rub some salt in the wound, Sayaka somehow made the right choice, narrowly avoiding death. Once again, this show promises high stakes and lasting consequences but then shys away from them with the "oh, it COULD'VE been something major, but we decided to pussy out with some luck-based excuse" stuff.
Everything else about this episode I really liked, from the chemistry Sayaka had with the President, to the gamble concept, to the internal struggle Sayaka had over her choices, to the scene leading up to Sayaka throwing herself out of the tower... But the ending ruined all of it. Alas.
gotterdammerungApr 20, 2019 1:56 AM
May 6, 2019 9:34 AM
Apr 2016
Just like expected no one died, well, predictable outcome.
May 22, 2019 8:46 PM

Mar 2012
This felt like filler content in a 12 ep cour and something that probably should have been season 1 material? Didn't enjoy it.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jun 19, 2019 9:39 AM

Apr 2015
I love my chaotic lesbians.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jun 23, 2019 5:12 PM

Feb 2015
Runa suggested that suddenly someone is gonna get lot of coins. Sayaka remembered when she met Kirari and decided to win the gamble, she got to the first floor and took her flower, suddenly Yumeko reached her; Sayaka used her turns without mistakes to make it to the fifth floor, but surprisingly, Yumeko was there. Yumeko explained that she noticed that the external tower (not the inner stairs) was circling, and used the normal doors to get to the first floor, but tried the central stairs door and it gave her access to the fifth floor immediately, giving her a great advantage, Kirari proceed to say that Yumeko won and Sayaka lost. Sayaka (out of her mind) chose an external door and jumped, suddenly, Kirari reached her in the air and they hit the ground, noticing that it’s a soft one and the only option to survive compared to the other external doors. A pair of girls tried to give Rei their coins, he rejected them. Yumeko and Ryota received an invitation.

Sayaka’s expression after her defeat was awesome. Also, the soft floor was a great scene, I mean, the idea of giving her only one chance to choose the correct answer and die or not die, the drama after that and the yuri romance was meh to me. Hate Sayaka’s blind devotion.
Aug 13, 2019 6:13 PM
Aug 2017
episodes 9 and 10 are the worst so far.
Oct 20, 2019 3:59 PM

Oct 2011
By far the best episodes out of both seasons so far.

That ending was absolutely spectacular.

When Sayaka confessed, I cried.

True love never dies.

Adding Sayaka to my Top 10 characters now.
naniwatigerOct 22, 2019 7:27 AM
Nov 6, 2019 7:45 PM

Aug 2018
This was great and confusing episode xD
I didnt expect that ending lol
This is why i like kirari shes so intimidating like yumeko and so calm in every situation but still cares to people that close to them.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Nov 14, 2019 1:02 AM

Aug 2018
Hype hype very cool Episode
Jan 5, 2020 4:34 AM

Feb 2019
Interesting episode, but predictable. I'm glad the President actually has human emotions and isn't some cold-hearted person.

The auction sounds cool.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Feb 25, 2020 10:11 AM
Feb 2020
Favorite episode!! That conversation on the flower fields is the best😭

And that music at the jump scene is perfect😭
SpicyyyyyDFeb 25, 2020 11:09 AM
Feb 25, 2020 10:27 AM
Feb 2020
LordofEcchi said:
What happened to their bet from last episode?.Useless

Stranger to stranger. She hired her again lmao. Kirari just wanna see sayaka gamble once and the tower is for sayaka's game😂

Sayaka was played by Kaichou😂
SpicyyyyyDFeb 25, 2020 10:45 AM
Aug 3, 2020 12:58 PM
May 2020
This is a gambling show with absolute no stakes.
Aug 11, 2020 12:39 PM

Nov 2017
Tower of Doors was a very good arc, much better than the idol arc.
Sep 16, 2020 6:21 PM

Jul 2013
This episode was mind-boggling for me o.o

I will say the life or 'death' stakes of the show are unfulfilling.
Dec 31, 2020 2:36 AM
Jun 2016
Kakegurui is the kind of predictable anime where it's not about the "what's going to happen" that I'm curious about, but the "how will it happen" that I love watching it for.
This is by far, my favorite episode in the whole series. I knew Sayaka would lose, and that she'd survive the jump, but I absolutely LOVED watching her go insane with fear and frustration, only to accept her death, only to then accept her love for the president! I had a theory that she was going to kiss the president before jumping, but confessing her love is close enough.
10/10 perfect example of what a season 2 should be.
Feb 11, 2021 1:21 PM

Jan 2021
I really started watching Kakegurui because I saw the scene from Episode 10 on YouTube. Now Kakegurui becomes one of my favorite anime and Kirasaya my OTP (and Kirari and Sayaka as two of my favorite characters). The first time I watched it, I literally cried because this was one of the most romantic things I've seen in my life. Then I keep rewatching episode 10 and really enjoy it (as I'm typing, I'm still rewatching it lol).

The more I search for theories and comments related to the Tower of Doors, the more I realize how much Kirari loves Sayaka. There're two theories I love the most: 1. the Tower of Doors is related to a famous phrase in Japanese "the moon is pretty", which is a very indirect translation to "I like you" in English; 2. Kirari spent a lot of money and built things for the only two persons that are most important in her life, the Tower of Doors for Sayaka, and

I think this episode also brings a twist to how the audience view Kirari. Before this episode she was viewed as a cold-hearted, cruel villain, but the episode has shown us the soft side of Kirari, which is a really good touch to her personality. A strong woman that nobody dares to approach, that always stares and speaks to others menacingly, will touch her lover so gently.

I know some people may argue "if Sayaka had jumped from another door, then Kirari wouldn't have saved her and just let her die", but Kirari always knows. She is very confident that Sayaka always follows logic and trusts her that she would make the right decision, 100% choosing the right door, which is a complete acknowledgement to Sayaka's specialty, logic. When you're in love with somebody, then you'll trust them wholeheartedly.

Love is really something amazing and it sometimes doesn't require any logic. Hope to see more Kirasaya interactions in the future.
JentheworldFeb 11, 2021 1:35 PM
Feb 12, 2021 12:57 PM

Oct 2018
okay i didn't expect this episode to get so emotional. i loved it and it made me care for Sayaka, a character for whom i cared 0 previously
Feb 19, 2021 10:58 AM

May 2015
That wound-licking was kinky. :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 3, 2021 12:58 PM

Apr 2013
So I thought this would be a boring episode, but it's actually even worse. In short, Yumeko was the only one who could actually lose this gamble, because the student council president doesn't give a shit about consequences and just does whatever she wants anyway. Horrible and pointless episode, probably the worst in both seasons so far. Kirari has no integrity.
Feb 5, 2022 2:11 PM

Jul 2019
I knew Yumeko would win but bloody hell is that ending was actually well played. OST, visuals, everything. The two opposite sides. Amazing what gambling can bring. Despite being so far apart, those two very much are fit for one another.
Jul 17, 2022 2:51 AM

Jun 2019
That was a great episode. Both Kirari and Sayaka complete each other. That was scary, sweet, and beautiful at the same time.
Dec 4, 2022 7:58 PM

Dec 2018
not a fan of yuri crap whatsoever but the tower finish was interesting. still, such an elaborate arc for what is supposed to be a high school, i mean it's just gotten silly. not bad, just ridiculously over the top.
Feb 13, 2023 1:21 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I was half-expecting Yumeko to also jump off the fifth floor as well

Was really curious as to what the outside doors were all about, I must say that the answer was pretty rewarding. However what kind of tech must that tower have so that none of the occupants feel the movement of the rotation? Must be a really expensive contraption. Even more expensive it is meant for just a one-time use: the president better make sure that Yumeko and Sayaka don't spill the secret of the tower. Or maybe she designed this JUST for them, knowing this day would come.

So in the end everyone's alive and well, and Sayaka even keeps her position as the president's secretary. Nothing really changed other than a deepened relationship between Sayaka and Kirai, and a slightly-more-satisfied-Yumeko (who still hasn't gotten her fill of gambling with the president again). But the experience was worth it, despite there not being any real stakes. UNLESS only THAT outer door had the soft cushioned floor mat. If the others didn't, then that would've been quite a different story lol

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 19, 2023 4:01 AM
Jul 2020
The series is good i love it, great animation and cool characters. But i find the plot of the series absolutely stupid for some reason. And kirari is my most hated person, i don't know how i came to this conclusion but i think it all started when she gambled on betting the eyeball against that eye patch girl after she lost the bet. I want to see batsubami gamble against his family that would be cool breaking the law aiming for the top losing everything for the greater good. Season one is 7/10 for me and season 2 is 5/10 so far
Taizaki-hanMar 19, 2023 4:04 AM
Jun 13, 2023 9:21 AM
Jun 2023
This episode is so exiting and hollyyyyy I love Yumeko sm. Xoxo all guys
Aug 25, 2023 8:00 PM
Feb 2023
igarashi sayaka went to the akemi homura school of lesbian yearning
Oct 30, 2023 4:24 AM

Dec 2012
Alright, well hot damn now I'm fully feeling the Sayaka x Kirari vibes.

I'm glad I waited until this episode, as I was going to be more critical of the lack of actual high stakes consequences. Instead, this series constantly adds fine print to avoid reaching the point of no return. While it's often a cop-out, Kakegurui uses it to flesh the characters out and add further allure to them. If I had any voting chips, I'd give them all to Kirari's ultimate gamble on Sayaka's jump.
Mar 4, 5:05 PM

Jul 2021
Better than the last episode and im happy to be proven wrong. Im glad Kirari actually does like Sayaka.

I like the end when Sayaka and Kirari went out of the tower and landed in the flower crashpad place and the little end part there was ncie.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2019

85 by reveluvie0 »»
May 4, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2019

147 by bubba460z »»
Mar 4, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2019

68 by bubba460z »»
Mar 4, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2019

51 by bubba460z »»
Mar 4, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2019

63 by bubba460z »»
Mar 4, 4:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.