Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 6, 2019 5:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, Melty showed up this episode and she makes a cute impression. She and Firo seems to get along quite well already.

Ugh, the Spear Hero is back this episode and it didn't take long for him to get into another battle against Naofumi. I really can't stand him after all. I also found Melty much more likable compared to her sister this episode. Also really glad to see the Spear Hero getting his ass kicked again. That was amusing.
Mar 6, 2019 5:38 AM

Aug 2017
The show is getting better. It seems that Naofumi is not trusting in Melty due to the incident with Malty.
NurguburuMar 8, 2019 6:23 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 6, 2019 6:16 AM

Nov 2018
Speaking episode 9, can you give a screen shot picture of spear hero wearing a metal armor underware that he wearing it because I was very funny after kicking filo's foot away while his balls are already hatch...
PersiaJuliet23Mar 6, 2019 6:45 AM
Mar 6, 2019 6:22 AM

Dec 2018
oh well another loli for the harem of the protagonist developed character such a good and it seems that the guy with the spear turned into a punching bag.
Mar 6, 2019 7:22 AM

Sep 2018
Even though this was a "slower" episode than Ep 8, I felt that it was more thorough. The scene where Motoyasu got kicked in the balls was even funnier than the first time.
Mar 6, 2019 7:41 AM

Nov 2011
VeryLTTP said:
Even though this was a "slower" episode than Ep 8, I felt that it was more thorough. The scene where Motoyasu got kicked in the balls was even funnier than the first time.
It helps to not have a mosaic of small things happening so that the studio can skip to a certain part of the story, ie; what they did in episodes 2 and 5.
Mar 6, 2019 8:01 AM
a car

Jun 2017
Finally, the character that everyone had accidentally spoiled themselves of by mispronouncing Malty's name!

Also, Filo is still Best Girl.
Mar 6, 2019 8:13 AM

Mar 2018
Natsuki_Hyundai said:
Also, Filo is still Best Bird.

There, fixed it for you.
Mar 6, 2019 8:13 AM
Jul 2018
this EP was great, melty luckily isnt a bitch like malty
Mar 6, 2019 8:15 AM
Jul 2018
Hopefully the series will only continue to improve from this episode and onwards :)
Mar 6, 2019 8:18 AM

Jul 2017
Finally the imouto Melty, the 2nd princess in line shows up, and doesn't reveal that the mercenaries which have been shielding Naofumi from Malty and Spear Hero's thunder from the past few episodes are from her.

Unfortunately, Naofumi's impression of Melty is crumbling, possibly due to the 2nd wave of Malty's backstabbing, and outright rejects her, but what's his motive?

And Filo vs, Spear Hero Round 2! And no surprise who won, even with the opponent's "extra shielding". HAHA, even funnier than the 1st.
Mar 6, 2019 8:19 AM

Jan 2019
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, Melty showed up this episode and she makes a cute impression. She and Firo seems to get along quite well already.

Ugh, the Spear Hero is back this episode and it didn't take long for him to get into another battle against Naofumi. I really can't stand him after all. I also found Melty much more likable compared to her sister this episode. Also really glad to see the Spear Hero getting his ass kicked again. That was amusing.
Agreed and have you noticed everytime Naufomi comes by the shop he brings a new loli hahah
Mar 6, 2019 8:26 AM

Jan 2018
After that kick I don't think there is anything left there for spear hero

Melty Is here looks like it's going to get more interesting
Mar 6, 2019 8:29 AM

Mar 2016
There is a church here. I wonder how they'll cause problems.

Spear hero is also a lolicon? He really deserved the second kick!

Melty was an awesome character. She really sounds like a noble leader.

I feel bad for Melty but Naofumi's actions were understandable. Rather, I like that he doubted her. It's nice to see someone who learns from his mistakes. No one from the royal family have been nice to him. Myne had started by being nice, but then she betrayed him. It is logical to conclude (from Naofumi's perspective) that Melty would do the same.

I really did want to know what Melty had to say to Naofumi. Well, it will probably be mentioned soon.
Mar 6, 2019 8:29 AM

Apr 2015
Ugh, this again...I really hoped we would be over that by now.

Making the source of your protagonist's demise this much of a laughing stock really does not help your narrative at all.

I like Melty and her being the root of some hope for this kingdom but can we go back to these 3 having fun adventures?
Mar 6, 2019 8:30 AM

Aug 2013
Spear hero getting kicked by Filo was funny.

Not a bad episode.

Mar 6, 2019 8:31 AM
Dec 2014
Fappa said:
Ugh, this again...I really hoped we would be over that by now.

Making the source of your protagonist's demise this much of a laughing stock really does not help your narrative at all.

I like Melty and her being the root of some hope for this kingdom but can we go back to these 3 having fun adventures?

Malty is the source of protagonist demise, Spear hero is just a tool as such he is laughing stock.
Mar 6, 2019 8:34 AM

Nov 2014
I like how he rejected her. Seeing her reaction was a bit sad, but this proves he learns from his past. I just hope this simple action won't turn into some drama and we (and Naofumi too) soon learn what she wanted and if she is trustworthy.
Mar 6, 2019 8:34 AM

Feb 2018
Ugh its soo annoying to see spear hero and malty. Smh They ruin the enjoyment for me.

That aside the episode felt too short

Melty is no doubt a good girl but naofumi's not to blame for his actions considering how the noble fuks treat him
Mar 6, 2019 8:36 AM

Nov 2016
Lihinel said:
Natsuki_Hyundai said:
Also, Filo is still Best Bird.

There, fixed it for you.

Thank you my man.

bird > loli

But damn, I didn't expect that we would get to see Myne's lil sis.

Also pretty funny that the Spear Hero has fallen for Filo lol. The moment he got kicked again was simply priceless. R.I.P. genital protector.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 6, 2019 8:37 AM

Apr 2015
Huex3 said:

Malty is the source of protagonist demise, Spear hero is just a tool as such he is laughing stock.

That's what I said. Malty is just as much of a laughing stock as he is. They're going hand in hand. Having Naofumi's insecurities reside from that just makes it loose any weight whatsoever. But I'm used to that from this show by now.

I said it numerous times and I'll say it again. The further away we are from the central conflict the better.
Mar 6, 2019 8:38 AM
Aug 2018
Savage roast by Naofumi at the end was great in my opinion, glad he still has that skeptical and vengeful attitude, it's better than being a goody two shoes MC like 99% of other isekai's. I reckon Spear hero is more of a dumbass but not inherently "evil", whereas I wouldn't be surprised if the other 2 heroes turned bad because they seem more conniving and sneaky; could be totally wrong though. All in all, I liked this episode.
Mar 6, 2019 8:39 AM
Feb 2016
Veldora_Tempest said:
Hopefully the series will only continue to improve from this episode and onwards :)

Let's hope so. Episodes 5-8 covered Vol 2, which was probably one of ther weaker volumes in terms of action, since it mostly focused on development for the characters.

And the complaints for those episodes kinda bother me as to why they were mad. People for SAO complained that we never got to see Kirito level up more on side quests and him doing other missions, but when we get episodes with development and them gaining experience instead of being OP from the start people now complain that the season is now trash. I guess you can never please everyone, and I felt those episodes probably would've been better received if they were back to back at least.

In a way, let's hope the show starts picking up again and that we get some good action too
Mar 6, 2019 8:51 AM

Jun 2017
Malty joined the harem

Also, next week
Mar 6, 2019 9:00 AM

Aug 2018
PersiaJuliet23 said:
Speaking episode 9, can you give a screen shot picture of spear hero wearing a metal armor underware that he wearing it because I was very funny after kicking filo's foot away while his balls are already hatch...

I would love that too thank you for suggesting it.
Mar 6, 2019 9:08 AM
Jan 2019
seriously motoyasu and Myne are becoming like god damn team rocket. i cant take them seriously as antagonists anymore. They need to do something to establish the spear hero as a more of a threat because right now hes a joke
Mar 6, 2019 9:08 AM
Jul 2018
It might just be me, but Malty and Motoyasu seems to have been downgraded from assholes that I was looking forward to root against to Team Rocket.

Edit:
Charlieb168 said:
seriously motoyasu and Myne are becoming like god damn team rocket. i cant take them seriously as antagonists anymore. They need to do something to establish the spear hero as a more of a threat because right now hes a joke

I literally posted a few seconds after you.
Mar 6, 2019 9:10 AM
Apr 2016
The first half serves absolutely no purpose. Second half, same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER again...I lost count how many duels & other crap we've already got between Motoyasu, like seriously...
Mar 6, 2019 9:17 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Spear Cunt and Bitch-chan continues to piss me the fuck off, man I'm glad that Melty is next in line and not that dumb bitch

But either way, I really enjoyed the family esque moments in this episode in addition to Melty joining them, her friendship with Filo is too cute :'')
Mar 6, 2019 9:19 AM

Jul 2016
that scene where spear guy got kick has some satisfying shit in it lol
Mar 6, 2019 9:26 AM

Mar 2017
I totally get why Naofumi doesn't trust Melty... look at the shit her family has already put him through.
That scene with Filo and Motoyasu just perfectly shows why she's so damn awesome!
Mar 6, 2019 9:30 AM

Dec 2016
This episode started out pretty okay, but then got retarded again when the shield hero showed up.

And Naofumi still looks like he's constipated for some reason.
Mar 6, 2019 9:31 AM

Sep 2014
Firo will eat even her own kind damn...xD
Loved Naofumi's and Raphtalia's reaction when they thought Firo had eaten Melty ^^
Another satisfying kick from Firo! That's the only thing Motoyasu's good for.
Mar 6, 2019 9:35 AM

Aug 2018
Great episode, I really like the scene where Naofumi thought Melty was eaten by Filo and tries to destroy the evidence, it's really funny and also now we know that scrambled eggs is the Spear Hero's favorite breakfast.
Mar 6, 2019 9:44 AM

Jan 2014
It has been a while since I dropped manga, but I seem to find why I did that ... since the start was not bad but now this anime feels way too mediocre at best.. it is not too bad, but it just lost its appeal way too fast and it feels kinda generic now.. welp I will give it a benefit of the doubt and see some more before I decide whether to drop it or not.
Mar 6, 2019 9:45 AM
Nov 2016
The reason i gave this 5/5 was because the spear got kicked in the balls again. Thank God for Filo!
BarnaldMar 22, 2019 4:57 PM
Mar 6, 2019 9:47 AM
Feb 2019
Man this was such a cute episode that made the group seem like a family, with Naofumi and Raphtalia as parents with Filo as their daughter and I loved that feel. Melty was a great curveball thrown in because now there is a princess whos not corrupt and knows the true nature of the shield hero even if he wants to hide it.
Mar 6, 2019 9:51 AM

Sep 2016
Finally the light 'meh' part is done. Now tension shall rise :D
For those of you who are bored with the last few episodes, don't worry the real action will be starting soon.
Mar 6, 2019 9:57 AM

Oct 2018
Naofumi seriously hates the royal family
He can't trust anyone of them

I'm curious where this will go
-Aincrad-Mar 6, 2019 10:01 AM
Mar 6, 2019 10:00 AM

Sep 2015
God just seeing Myne's face puts me in such cruel mood.
I mean Motoyasu is just an idiot so his actions are kinda somewhat, somewhat, somewhat excusable, but Myne?

Mar 6, 2019 10:14 AM

Apr 2015
NothinComplexPls said:
Finally the light 'meh' part is done. Now tension shall rise :D
For those of you who are bored with the last few episodes, don't worry the real action will be starting soon.

I'm not really sure that's saying much when the so called "tension" has these comical antagonists involved as centre pieces and the action so far either boiled down to duels that hurt the narrative more than they benefitted it or pointless fights that lack any stakes or tension whatsoever.

I've seen people go "just wait, it'll be x or y" countless times now and each & every time I was met with scenes that were entirely lacking.
Mar 6, 2019 10:15 AM
Oct 2016
This show is getting better compared to the past 2 or so episodes
Mar 6, 2019 10:21 AM
Feb 2016
MrWeeeb said:
This show is getting better compared to the past 2 or so episodes

Will agree on that. Last two episodes were ok, but not great although they mainly focused on his ability development. Hopefully the episodes get stronger after this
Mar 6, 2019 10:23 AM

Dec 2016
Fappa said:
I've seen people go "just wait, it'll be x or y" countless times now and each & every time I was met with scenes that were entirely lacking.

I joked in another thread that we're going to get to the end of the season and people will be saying "don't worry the good stuff will come in season 2".

It's looking less like a joke and more like reality with each episode that comes out.
Mar 6, 2019 10:29 AM

Feb 2019
I just find it hilarious that the author decided to make the grown-up sister a unrelenting bitch queen from hell, but the loli one is probably going to be yet another waifu candidate for the harem hahaha
Mar 6, 2019 10:29 AM

Oct 2011
That got me pissed - the sister comment was in Naofumi's thoughts so they should have used the correct name of the redhead - "Bitch" rather than the whatever birthname she has. I mean it's one of the main features of the story.

Mar 6, 2019 10:35 AM

Dec 2017
To be fair, the action parts did kind of suck in the anime adaptation. Naofumis fight against Motoyasu in ep 4 had been the most exciting for me until now, the others were just really poorly done.

The next wave should normally really be exciting, but I am not sure if I can trust the anime to adapt it really, so I'm trying not so say it gets better.

I really liked this episode more than the two before, so that's at least something. Melty is such a nice character and her appearance was refreshing.

The part with the pope was also well done, I'm just not sure if there had been more information of the church itself in the LN. But if there was, it might be mentioned in the next ep, hopefully. I just hope they are going to adapt it better than most stuff beforehand (ep 1-4 were well done for me, but besides that...) and I hope my excitement for the next eps won't be crushed from the anime.
Mar 6, 2019 10:42 AM

Jul 2016
Good episode, introduces Melty. Her and Filo are friends and had a cute moment together. Raph and Naofumi get the holy water to get rid the curse. Appears the pope with shady personality. Spear hero with his stupidity, strikes again. That last part, Melty is next to the throne. Overall its just build up episode.

Mar 6, 2019 10:42 AM

Jul 2014
The best parts of the series ended after the first shield v spear duel and Raph being there for Naofumi, after that even up to date with the manga nothing happened that tops that, well, maybe there is one but I don't find it that appealing in comparison with Raph and Nao's scene.
At this point everything is going downhill, its not the worst but definitely better than the typical overpowered harem building (slime, SAO and other isekai generic shit out there with a goody 2 shoes MC) you guys may think this is Nao building a harem but its not if you compare it to its other kinds, this boi has not blushed in romance nor has indicated the will to partake in romance even once after Mein screwed him over.
Mar 6, 2019 10:45 AM

Nov 2016
Nice episode. I know Naofumi had enough with royal family but I think that Melty and Mirelia aren't corrupted to compare with that bitch and her father. So he should to try trust Melty/Mirela since he got already some help from them.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

545 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 29, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2019

242 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 26, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
Apr 26, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 26, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

195 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 26, 7:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.