Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2018 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I can't say it's surprising that Maiko wants to get to know the truth about the accident.

Really interesting to know that she has a father who is involved in space fishing development. Too bad more trouble came along too. It feels like the girls can never catch a break :(
Dec 12, 2018 8:54 AM

Apr 2010
So the story behind Haru's parent's which was rather sad and a perfect example of bad parenting still it seems her grandma was good to her.
Maki's also had some family issues but despite that her dad still helped out in the end.
And now they are off on a rescue mission.
Dec 12, 2018 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
Makiko's rude awakening that her own dad contributed to that fatal accident of Maiko's older brother...and Maiko's undeserving anger towards Makiko, the catalysts for a disaster waiting to happen.

The reason for the series sexism issues is so that this buried issue won't be handled by a woman when a man who is more capable can go in their stead. Thoughtful? I don't really think so though...

Haru can smile, not at the situation, but to make things less strained, which I thought was an awful joke, but her grandma taught her well. Certainly the joker of the girls team.

In an unprecedented effort, Makiko's dad gave his last help...and now the girls squad are on their way to rescue the guys...the last mission!
Dec 13, 2018 12:37 AM

May 2015
Ok, the interaction, writing, and voice acting with Makiko and her father at the beginning of the episode was very well done. The way Makiko said "Answer me, Dad," had a lot of emphasis behind it. It was not over-exaggerated or over-dramatic. It was direct and sincere.

"It's all my fault for saying those things to Makiko. Makiko did nothing wrong. I just did not know where to direct my anger."
Makiko has redeemed herself from the previous episode!

Oh no, the Ministry is repeating what they did before and leaving the other two Space Fishers behind. We're not having that!

Tank 95+ are off limits...I'm assuming that this is game related were the super hard levels are like Floor 95+ in some games...

Basically Kazamatsuri and Kagitani looking down on the girl squad was just an act to prevent the girls from dealing with the dangers of Space Fishing...

Ok, I know Namino is a tough girl, but pushing Haru down is pushing it...

Ehehehe, now here's a line I'm quoting for truth!

I guess Makiko's father did what he did to save face and chose to help the girl squad. Pretty instant, but understandable. Narumi's gonna pull all the stops to save the stranded fishermen.

Alright, we originally started with Space Fishing, but now this is a rescue operation. Haven't seen one of those in a while. Looking forward to the next episode, which is the title of the anime! "Between the Sky and Sea". That's a pretty cool name to be honest now that I look at it.
Dec 13, 2018 12:55 AM
Jun 2016
This show can't even keep their heels when push comes to shove. Everyone's resigning and rookies are going to attempt a rescue mission in a tank that has already gravely injured and traumatized one Fisher, damaged the other two pods enough to prevent them from getting back, while using a prototype rocket with no support staff.

I guess if we're going balls to the wall you can't stop and be reasonable now. I never thought I'd see myself agreeing with a government agency's actions but I guess anything is possible with this show!
Dec 13, 2018 7:16 AM

May 2018
Well, now those two guys are stuck in that dangerous fishing tank (that extra 3rd member got off lucky, lol), and it's time for a rescue operation!

This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Dec 13, 2018 2:19 PM

Oct 2015
Those girls are awesome for trying to rescuing those guys especially Kagitani, who was a jerk. I get they were trying to help the girls but they could've tried a different method that could've not hurt their self esteem. But I hope they get rescued nonetheless.

Better episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 13, 2018 9:37 PM

Oct 2008
I wonder how far is the Tank 99? maybe already close to the Moon!?
that was a nice take-off!
4/5.

Dec 14, 2018 4:52 AM

Oct 2007
Surprisingly decent episode. Brave act by the guys to go to a dangerous tank, and also brave act by the girls to go and try to rescue the guys stuck in the dangerous tank. Took them all night to think and plan, I hope those people stuck in the tank are still alive when they get there.

If only they started the anime with decent writing like this, the show would probably have turned out rather good.
Dec 15, 2018 7:37 AM

Jun 2017
Maybe it's just me but the way Namino knocked down Haru was fucking hilarious (and Haru barely reacted, lolwut).

It was also intersting how in one moment everyone was super depressed and in the other they were having a fun time eating like it's just a minor issue (cuz you can't fight on an empty stomach!).

Anyway, the story is all over the place but saving the lost brother and the other dudes seems to be a decent way to end it at least.
Dec 19, 2018 2:18 PM

Apr 2012
Makiko confronting her father, how much she's grown.
Dec 19, 2018 3:41 PM

Nov 2013
to people saying "i hope the drama etween the girls is solved before next episode ends" ... i guess it was already solved before the episode started LOLOL
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Dec 20, 2018 4:23 AM
Oct 2017
haru takes initiatives without even having the opinion of others

she really has a simple side like cocoa in Gochuumon wa usagi desu ka
Jan 20, 2019 8:34 AM

Apr 2011
Makiko surely has grown.

Good to know that her dad helped them. Must've felt guilty about the accident six years ago. And now their off to do a rescue mission.
Jun 23, 2021 4:33 AM

Feb 2020
To the rescue.

Pretty solid and dramatic episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora to Umi no Aida Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2018

31 by White_Alice »»
Apr 6, 2023 3:26 PM

Poll: » Sora to Umi no Aida Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

20 by Serafos »»
Jun 23, 2021 2:21 AM

Poll: » Sora to Umi no Aida Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2018

9 by Serafos »»
Jun 23, 2021 1:34 AM

Poll: » Sora to Umi no Aida Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2018

15 by Serafos »»
Jun 22, 2021 10:52 PM

Poll: » Sora to Umi no Aida Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

14 by Serafos »»
Jun 22, 2021 10:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.