Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 12, 2018 12:01 AM

Apr 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
first of all i think some parts of the ova confused some anime-only watchers, so check out the manga already lol

there we go again with the how babies are made, mikasa was such a cutie >,< i somehow laughed at grisha roasting eren with "this is why you only have one friend" but isnt it also the same for mikasa though

im crying at how mikasa's parents easily allowed her to leave knowing that i cant relate to that a bit, and theres no little hospitality when mikasa visited eren. the mirror man scene was nicely made though poor mikasa

afterall, it was only a dream with interpretation. it showed how mikasa viewed everything when she thought she already lost eren, and hopefully this ova helps people understand that her being protective to eren is not plain "stupid", unreasonable" and such stuffs because it isn't. theres this thought of mine that grisha's words and last will stayed within her and thats really kind of her, taking responsibility and obligation of eren is something she did willingly

best girl, my mind wont ever change 5/5

still life: pink roses
Aug 12, 2018 2:31 AM

Jun 2013
This episode made me love the franchise more.

I loved the direction all around this episode, music placement was incredible. I actually add goosebumps a few times. The psychological theme of the episode as well was really thrilling, liked that a lot.

I love the relationship between Mikasa and Eren more now.

5/5 Mikasa is a good girl.
MrMushinAug 12, 2018 2:39 AM
Aug 12, 2018 9:03 AM

Nov 2007
So it seems like main guy's been wanting to be soldier since very young, even before Mikasa's parents are still alive. Seeing him getting hurt made her wants to be his side.

That magic part is weird. That forest part, too. Does Mikasa has some power?

Season 1 ED1 as ED?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 12, 2018 1:39 PM
May 2015
Is it safe to watch this for anime-only watchers?
Aug 12, 2018 2:33 PM

May 2012
Best_in_Za_Wardo said:

The 1st min has some stuff from chapter 72 which is not covered by season 3 yet (i think it will probably get shown around episode 13 of season 3)

Is not huge spoiler, but it up to you if you want to watch it now or wait after 1st half of season 3
Aug 12, 2018 6:05 PM

Apr 2017
tsubasalover said:
Season 1 ED1 as ED?
yep and i missed it so much :<

Best_in_Za_Wardo said:
yep but it might left you wondering. should say after the first arc if u want a clear mind

Aug 12, 2018 11:53 PM

Jun 2015
I love it. I think this chapter is perfect for the moment in which the anime is and its current opening, it allows you to look back with nostalgia on how they have arrived at that situation, which prepares you for the great revelations that are to come that will move the foundations of Shingeki.
Aug 13, 2018 1:01 AM

Jul 2013
I'm no manga reader, but the way I understood it is that Eren is fated to die no matter what kind of reality he lives in, considering he also died in the "what if" scenario of Mikasa, and that mantra of hers of accepting Eren's death back in the Trost arc (coupled with her words at the end that no one is going to change his fate) only helps me think this.

Also, was nice to hear the first ending of the first season again, is by far my favourite ending theme of the series.
Aug 13, 2018 4:58 PM

Oct 2013
Wow I actuslly really enjoy it, even more than the Annie episode which is even shocking to me since I'm a Annie fan, this was a really good episode, overall great ova.
Aug 13, 2018 8:27 PM
Jun 2017
My favorite episode among the OVA of AOT... well it focuses this time on Mikasa ("eren, eren,eren")..

Mikasa's wish: TO BE ALWAYS WITH EREN!!! 😊😊😊😊

AND again its a cute thing when mikasa ask eren on how to make baby... hahahq
Aug 13, 2018 10:20 PM

Mar 2016
When I read the Lost Girls manga, I didn't like it as much because it didn't properly tie into the original series. But, this OVA does a much better job at it. The story was so much more clear, and the animation was amazing as always.
I can't believe I actually ended up liking an anime more than its manga counterpart. (Well, this was originally a novel, but I can't find it anywhere.)
I was looking forward to listening to "Call Your Name", but season 1' ending 2 fits the episode much better. (How sad.)
Aug 14, 2018 1:46 AM

Feb 2018
This was a very enjoyable Ova 7/10
Aug 14, 2018 6:05 AM

May 2017
What a waste of effing time, animation and budget SMFH TRASH 1/10 THIS IS HOT GARBAGE NON CANON SHIT, 24 MINUTES OF MY LIFE GOT WASTED JUST LIKE THAT, I HATE WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THIS OVA IDEA, I HATE EVERYONE INVOLVED IN MAKING THIS EP3

1/5 ep3

6/10 Lost Girl overall (love the first two episodes but this garbage ep3 smfh should've been an 8 or a 9 SMFH)

LairucremAug 14, 2018 6:15 AM
Aug 14, 2018 7:17 AM

May 2015
Meh. Wasn't anything new.
I really hoped this OVA will give us some Mikasa character development, but it's all the same.
Aug 14, 2018 4:04 PM

Oct 2014
not the best episode for me

i really enjoyed the annie ones, and was really looking forward to this but... i didn’t like it. and that’s saying something because snk is my fav.

i know it was mikasa’s “dream” but it all just felt too out of place. i can’t imagine the survey corps would disband the way they did, and with the hypnosis guy... it was obvious mikasa was in trouble in front of all these people and not a single person did a thing.

it just felt too forced, if that makes sense. maybe if we got more detail (i haven’t read the manga counterpart to this so i’m not sure how the ova differs) i would have enjoyed it more.

2/5 for this ep, but 6/10 overall for annie + smol adorable mika
Aug 14, 2018 10:01 PM

Oct 2014
I'm not a manga reader and to those who knows, spoil me a little; is this episode considered a canon to the main story? When is this timeline? Coz it doesn't make sense to me.

What happened to Eren? Did he died? Is Mikasa just being delusional? What the fuck happened?
Aug 15, 2018 7:05 AM

Oct 2014
PureAgiMaxReborn said:
What a waste of effing time, animation and budget SMFH TRASH 1/10 THIS IS HOT GARBAGE NON CANON SHIT, 24 MINUTES OF MY LIFE GOT WASTED JUST LIKE THAT, I HATE WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THIS OVA IDEA, I HATE EVERYONE INVOLVED IN MAKING THIS EP3

1/5 ep3

6/10 Lost Girl overall (love the first two episodes but this garbage ep3 smfh should've been an 8 or a 9 SMFH)

+
Episode 3 was really dumb and stupid. At first I thought she IS in fact some omnipotent Dr.Who or whatever, with her revealed ability being able to alter sequence of events/decide between alternate timelines Steins;Gate shenanigans, something among those lines.
After I commented on this elsewhere, few folks convinced me otherwise; that it was all a part of her imagination. Now, I was already aware of that possibility and that being much more realistic and making more sense, however, it did not portray itself that way AT ALL, initially completely enraging me and wanting to drop the whole thing. Seriously, super dumb Steins;Gate shenanigans. Thank god it wasn't the case.
Aug 15, 2018 7:08 AM

Oct 2014
Lunoire said:
not the best episode for me

i really enjoyed the annie ones, and was really looking forward to this but... i didn’t like it. and that’s saying something because snk is my fav.

i know it was mikasa’s “dream” but it all just felt too out of place. i can’t imagine the survey corps would disband the way they did, and with the hypnosis guy... it was obvious mikasa was in trouble in front of all these people and not a single person did a thing.

it just felt too forced, if that makes sense. maybe if we got more detail (i haven’t read the manga counterpart to this so i’m not sure how the ova differs) i would have enjoyed it more.

2/5 for this ep, but 6/10 overall for annie + smol adorable mika

Exactly this, I was like wtf why, it's ruining the entire worldbuilding.
Aug 15, 2018 3:53 PM

Aug 2012
Gazz said:
I'm not a manga reader and to those who knows, spoil me a little; is this episode considered a canon to the main story? When is this timeline? Coz it doesn't make sense to me.

What happened to Eren? Did he died? Is Mikasa just being delusional? What the fuck happened?
It’s a what if story
Aug 17, 2018 4:24 AM

Mar 2018
That was a really well made episode
Aug 17, 2018 6:21 PM

Mar 2016
Oh... An alternative timeline? And in this one Mikasa's love for Eren makes more sense? That's a pretty idea. It was a good episode. And Mikasa would have had a brother? Levi 2.0?
But, this OVA should've came out after season 3 because there's spoilers in every corner.
And also some plotholes. The biggest one being Eren not getting is titan power.
azertz99Aug 17, 2018 6:31 PM
Aug 18, 2018 5:58 AM
Apr 2016
I'm confused. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are all 3 episodes considered canon or is this just an alternative "what if" story?
Aug 18, 2018 7:09 AM

Oct 2014
IamShameless said:
I'm confused. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are all 3 episodes considered canon or is this just an alternative "what if" story?

First two episodes are a normal part of the story, it's just more details regarding Annie's side when she was in Military Police in season 1 before she was captured. Third episode is a 'what if' Mikasa story and a silly one, in my personal opinion.
Aug 18, 2018 12:47 PM

Feb 2017
all three episode is not even canon, its only side story.
1st and 2nd we got ep 16.5, portraying how annie get her the job done and focus to achieve her own goal.
ep 3 we got mikasa character building, what make her personality and behaviors toward eren.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Aug 19, 2018 7:59 AM

Feb 2018
at first i starting to wonder that survey corps disband ? what ?, that wall been shut completely, mirror guy can hipnotise ,stop time or some shit ? who are you Dio Brando,,, im so lost in this episode,,,
and then i get to the part that it was just a dream Mikasa have...... what a punchline -_-

i like the first two episodes more than this one, 6/10

What did You expect? life sucks from the get go....
Aug 21, 2018 7:26 PM

Feb 2014
Mikasa is too good to go through all of this. And I really dislike her blind love for Eren

Episodes 1 and 2 were nice to watch. This one despite being about Mikasa I didn't enjoy. Too much Eren and wtf moments.

Would give more but I'll be giving this 6/10
TechOtakuAug 21, 2018 7:41 PM
Aug 26, 2018 6:32 PM

Jan 2017
Well then, alt-eren is a twat beyond redemption. What led him to building a hot air balloon went right past me -didnt even blink.

It's cool though, that we got to see this more vulnerable side of mikasa; the anime has only implied this part of her personality -but now we can empathise a little better. This dreamworld of hers, but in every foreseeable future, eren's death is looming above her -waiting for his life; stupid was probably the one where she felt that she could control the outcome... However, to do that, she needs to change Eren.

I wonder where that puts her in the anime... I mean, obviously her character's still the same so; regardless of the fact that this was an OVA, the way she feels about Eren and his potential of tying gives something to look forward to (concerning the dynamics of these two characters)
Aug 28, 2018 12:40 PM

Feb 2013
I don't know if this world is better for Mikasa but at least she didn't lose her parents.
Aug 29, 2018 1:31 PM
Jul 2017
I loved the episode but, lost girls was about Annie? Am I wrong?
Aug 30, 2018 4:16 AM

Apr 2017
rajakapyara said:
about both actually, split ova series

Aug 30, 2018 4:53 AM
Jul 2017
sunako199 said:
rajakapyara said:
about both actually, split ova series
oh, i got it. thanks
Aug 31, 2018 3:14 AM
Jul 2018
so this ep is a "what if" story, but i am surprised about the beginning part, i mean this OVA came out BEFORE ss3, but there is an obvious spoiler about the start of the next arc of ss3 (i think it will be ep 9-10 of it), so this is quite an interesting discovery for manga readers
Sep 1, 2018 11:51 PM

Jun 2007
Yikes... This is like some of the retread character development in a middling Jump movie, a lot like how HXH: Phantom Rouge treated Kurapika and Killua's arcs. I was hoping this would be another intriguing side story in an interesting world, a la the Annie two-parter; but nope, it's just an awkward mish-mash of recap and the offensively cheap "it was all a dream/imagining" gimmick. What a waste of time.

At least young Mikasa and Eren are always qt.
Never_Know_BestSep 4, 2018 12:11 AM
Sep 2, 2018 3:03 PM

May 2015
Bad luck Moses. Getting rekt every single timeline.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 7, 2018 1:41 PM

Jan 2013
*sigh*
Alternate timeline filler.
Could've been interesting, instead was boring.

wtf even was that mirror mask dude
Sep 9, 2018 2:28 PM

May 2016
I actually had low expectations for this episode but I have mistaken it was quite breathtaking.
Sep 15, 2018 1:59 AM

Dec 2015
It wasn't so interesting like Annie's but I liked the episode anyway.

I like Mikasa. She isn't so pretty as Krista/Historia but is so sweet.
She is protective, calm and cute sometimes. Wife material for me.
Sep 20, 2018 11:37 PM

Dec 2014
Well this was confusing..so all of this never happened ..it was just a mixture of memories and delusions in mikasa's mind...good to see her innocent like that
Sep 29, 2018 3:07 AM
Mar 2012
Pretty immersive atmosphere & directing to mix Mikasa's dream & flashbacks. Cruel world suggests Eren dies in every worldline, that kinda sucks.
Wasn't a Mikasa fan but both their childhood were really cute, tho Eren's still a bratty idiot. Mikasa in casual cloths yes.
Sep 30, 2018 3:49 AM

Apr 2013
This is probably the worst episode of Attack on Titan ever for me. Just a "what if" dream of Mikasa with no relevance to the story at all. Disappointing, especially after these awesome first two OVAs of Lost Girls. Oh well, at least season 3 rocks.
Oct 19, 2018 11:35 PM

Mar 2016
This OVA ep is pretty much a dream of what if those abductors had never came to Mikasa's family home and got killed by wild animals instead. Yes, she could prolong her life with her family a little bit, but in the end she cared for eren more tan others. And soemhow whatever kind of path happens in her life, Eren will die and she will suffer from it.

This really made me consider the original event to be the best. Mikasa, Erena nd Armin get to spend their childhood together even if Mikasa's parents were killed, she could find happiness with Eren and Armin!

Well I do not know why this episode is included in this OVA and not by itself. What had me confused is why it's released this late into 2018, and it picks up in the last ep of S3 but uses S1 amazing ED? NANI?!
Oct 23, 2018 8:20 PM

Feb 2015
It all starts with Eren and Mikasa in the Wall and she remembers how she thought that Eren was dead in the first season when Eren transformed into titan for the first time. So, in her mind, Mikasa imagines a reality where her fathers are not murdered and she build a relationship with Eren a little different, both from different families and being friends, Eren admiring Survey Corps and getting in trouble, finally Eren tells Mikasa that Armin and him are creating a hot air balloon, so they could get out of the wall, unfortunately Mikasa couldn't get in time due to Mirror man that represents her true thoughts and when she arrived the balloon suffered an accident and Eren died, demostrating that she can't change/save Eren's life.

Well, it was a bit confusing, although the relationship that Mikasa and Eren created was well developed, it is not the real one, whose part has not been told in detail. The scene where Mikasa finds Armin crying I was thinking of the exact moment where they both met in real world. The meaning of all this is the importance of Eren in Mikasa's life, specially because Eren is like her brother after Mikasa's parents were murdered and the resposability that she feels for his life. Fortunately for her, Eren is alive in that scene becoming a titan.
Nov 22, 2018 9:21 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly I'm a Mikasa x Eren shipper and this episode really delivers what Mikasa really feels for Eren. It clears alot of misunderstandings cause in the series Mikasa is actually quite underdeveloped if you think about it. Whatever she does in the current time period defines her, but a sense of mystery lingers on her. That's because not much is known about Mikasa in her past except that she spent one year with the Jaegers, her parents were murdered and Eren saved her. Not much besides that is known so many people call her "obsessive" for Eren. There might be other reasons for her protectiveness that we do not know of, which I'd like to know. This episode really provided a deep insight into a character we've known but at the same time don't know too much about. Unlike her, Eren and Armin and the other characters don't need thorough backstories. Levi has his backstory in the OVA and in season 3, but not much is known about Mikasa. Which is why I found the third episode of the OVA great. It was like a relief to finally get an insight into Mikasa and what Eren actually means to her.
Nov 27, 2018 3:05 PM

May 2013
7/10. I liked the 2 Annie eps better ^^"

Levi's backstory was definitely waaaaay better than all of these xD
But it's fine as something extra to watch when you miss the main series :P
Nov 30, 2018 3:58 PM

May 2009
Lairucrem said:

1/5 ep3

Reusing animation is opposite of wasting budget.
Dec 1, 2018 6:07 AM

May 2017
bastek66 said:
Lairucrem said:

1/5 ep3

There's hardly any reused clips there so yeah still a waste of budget big time budget
Dec 1, 2018 11:12 AM

May 2009
Lairucrem said:
bastek66 said:

There's hardly any reused clips there so yeah still a waste of budget big time budget

No, they reused plenty of shots from first episode, that one where Mikasa's parents were murdered and that from when Eren become a titan. Also it was sold on DVD so it was also cheaper.
Dec 2, 2018 1:12 AM

May 2017
bastek66 said:
Lairucrem said:

No, they reused plenty of shots from first episode, that one where Mikasa's parents were murdered and that from when Eren become a titan. Also it was sold on DVD so it was also cheaper.

Eeh no, those flashbacks are no more than the original content of that different "if" timeline

I'd say, 35% of that episode were a reused shots, so back to my point, the other 65% were a waste of time and money, but that's just me, after all there are people who enjoyed it for some reason
Dec 7, 2018 10:07 PM

Oct 2012
Solid episode. It's helped me solidify Mikasa's loyalty and love for Eren.
Dec 20, 2018 1:48 AM

Feb 2014
Am I the only anime only watcher walking away from this ep thinking that Mikasa is somehow also a titan...

If so, then good.

Ignoring that, just powered through all 3 eps of the OVA. Really enjoyed it
TrumpAnimeDec 20, 2018 1:51 AM

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: Lost Girls Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

eucliwoodesu - Apr 11, 2018

84 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: Lost Girls Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tsarko - Dec 16, 2017

103 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 8:02 PM

» Where can I watch this?

Cypress- - Dec 11, 2017

29 by Cypress- »»
Apr 12, 2022 5:12 PM

» 1 chapter not animated?

vong10 - Aug 13, 2018

1 by Apelix »»
Jun 7, 2019 7:09 AM

» Any news on the Mikasa OVA?

Akie - Aug 9, 2018

9 by Akie »»
Aug 13, 2018 7:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.