Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 5, 2019 9:30 PM

May 2019
Yuuta and Rikka just ripped off their mothers in this movie. That nonsense "run away" trip had cost like 2000 USD or more.

Anyway, i really understand the author of this history, but the result was just failed.

Next time you really want to enjoy a drama about an adult (or almost) who have his mind stuck in a fantasy world, and you must not only be "ok" with this, but also be able to understand and enjoy the way this person have to be happy, try The Fisher King, or even better, "Big Fish" why not.

But with Chuunibyou it is different.

- It's hard to really cheer their odd fantasy because it is not a drama, it is more a romantic awkward comedy.

- for a short moment in the 1st season finale, Rikka was near to have a human development, where we could understand her reasons... but then come the second season and this movie resetting everything;

- after all, Chuunibyou is not about characters with deep feelings. It is just about very immature and kinda annoying teens.

The sequels was really bad to this show. I'm giving a 6 for the plot, but 9 for animation and 10 for KyoAni honest try to make this memorable. So, 8 overall.

Rob7Aug 5, 2019 9:34 PM
Aug 10, 2019 1:57 AM

Aug 2016
Ugh, Touka was my favorite character because she's such a badass and then they just randomly marry her off to a dude just for the hell of it.

She doesn't exist in the source material so KyoAni literally married her off just for a "it was all just a misunderstanding" ending.

Side Note: Condolences to the members of KyoAni and everyone else who was caught in the incident and their families.
Spookie_SenpaiAug 10, 2019 2:09 AM
Sep 1, 2019 3:10 AM

Jun 2016
damn ..
i really loved this movie ..

god please help me ...
Oct 17, 2019 11:48 AM

Sep 2014
It's been ages since i last watched season 2, so i barely (or somewhat vaguely) remember where the story left but i enjoyed this movie, it was fun. Thanks to those flasback scenes i was able recall most of the story. Back then I used to like yuta as a character and surprisingly i still do, same goes for Nibutani-san. The movie was good however touka-san getting married in the end was totally uncalled for.
Oct 27, 2019 3:05 AM

Dec 2009
I still don't understand Touka's intentions. Was she plotting all of us in hope or tricking them while helping them, only to get everyone to her marriage?... I think a bit of both.
Cute, enjoyable but... a tiny bit lackluster in the end... really wish we'd see more of them as a couple.

Because of span of spring break for them to finally kiss after 6 months with no other footage of more aggressive lovey dovey scenes is disappointing.
... I wonder if the manga has more.
Jan 5, 2020 2:16 PM

Oct 2010
this was way better than the reviews made me think it would be. great conclusion to the series
Apr 21, 2020 11:58 PM

Aug 2014
I gotta say, I really enjoyed this movie.  

I really liked the atmosphere of this movie. I also liked how the background music set the tone nicely on each scene.

And oh man, when female MC came out of the shower with that short gown, YUMMY!!!!!   She looks so pretty without the contact and without the eyepatch.   Also, Sophia was a beauty in this movie as well. 

The biggest reason why this movie was a success is because it went back to its season 1 roots, and not the season 2 roots.  You could feel it with the atmosphere, drama, interaction, that they made sure to go back to the way it was on season 1

Chunnibyou was a fun journey
oooo3333Mar 1, 2023 12:59 AM
May 24, 2020 12:02 PM
Jul 2018
Seaons 2 along with this movie will forever serve as a reminder of how to ruin a series that had a fantastic first season. Season 1 was a classic romcom IMO, and it takes until the very end of the movie for there to be any progress between Yuuta and Rikka. 24 episodes and a movie until the first kiss. For shame.
Jul 20, 2020 4:11 PM

Aug 2008
I think I would have liked this more, maybe as much as the first season if S2 didn't exist. It does unfortunately and I can't help but know that this was dragged out way too long until the resolution. So a 6 but I guess if I wipe S2 from my memory then a high 7.
Jul 22, 2020 3:08 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Finally a decent and heartwarming conclusion !!!!! I absolutely loved this movie I think it was even better than the main series, thanks to the conclusion and the great animation.
9/10
Jul 26, 2020 5:59 PM

Dec 2009
Gotta say it again. The anime ending to this series was fucking disappointing.
I wonder what the original light novel's ending is like... if it's any better.
Aug 21, 2020 1:19 AM

Oct 2016
Freaking loved the movie from start to finish. Boy, am I going to miss these characters their like friends and then they'll go away and you'll never see them again I guess that's how it feels. Everything is worth it, everything up to their first kiss and beyond.

Based Tooka though, they did all that when she was just inviting them to her wedding lmao. I really am going to miss this series, It concluded very nicely but apart of me just really want to see these characters again. 9/10
Aug 21, 2020 6:52 PM

Jul 2007
The most beautiful ending! I laughed and cried, especially when Yuuta gave Rikka the ring 😭😭, and the words he said at the end with the kisses 😭😭😭. I'm gonna miss these two too much!!

Also, the crazy fights and all the chuunibyou moments!
Aug 26, 2020 2:21 PM
Mar 2014
Did anyone else notice the 2 tomako market references ? Also I don’t like how Isshiki is treated or any other friend of a main protagonist treatment in anime in general.. I feel something painful experiencing Touka getting married.
Dec 23, 2020 8:41 AM
Mar 2020
as cringe as it is and as weak as it's ending is, it does have a good ed song
Dec 27, 2020 2:46 AM

Jul 2019
I didn't really like the season 2 so this should have been the direct sequel from the first season. I like it when a couple in anime travel around trying new things and stuff. Couldn't be better if it isn't Togashi & Rikka. Wholesome to watch, so was Nibutani & Dekomori. I thought it was an ok conclusion to the series, but season 2 dragging the story out definitely ruined it for me. So I hope thats the last of it no need to continue this again.
Feb 7, 2021 12:04 PM

Sep 2017
Honestly not that great. It was basically 1 hour and 30 minutes of build up to get a kiss that should have happened at the end of season 2. Nothing that happened matter. They barely tackled any of the concepts they brought up. I mean ffs they went all the way to Hokkaido to talk with Rikka's mom but the conversation was completely pointless. Plus it was all a jebait anyway (so why tf were they packing her stuff again?).

It's particularly offensive how little poorly they handled the whole growing up to be a proper adult thing. I don't even wanna get into it. It's too much, but like ffs if they end kiss scene was supposed to be like "it's okay to wanna larp for fun, but it's also okay to be a normal ass human and function in society" then it would have been real fucking nice if Rikka didn't have her stupid eyepatch on for this formal wedding.

And ugh Isshiki is still the punching bag in the end. At least the Tamako Market references were pretty neat.
Mar 11, 2021 5:14 PM

Sep 2020
I watched this piece in 2020, at the very beginning of the pandemics.
And still today, whenever I hear the ending song (Kokoro no namae by ZAQ) I found myself drowning into tears. Not tears of sadness, but of pure joy.

This movie shows what we saw on the TV series, but better...

We have our unique way of loving somenoe.
Our unique way of seeing the world.
Our unique ways to show affection and love even though not using these exact words.
Our unique way to see friendship and to have fun together.
Our unique way to deal with our inner demons, our inner self.
Our unique way to deal with our lives.
And... and there's nothing wrong with that.
Adding ssome fun elements... I really loved this perspective.

It's beautiful, it's cute.
It's astonishing.
When you get the true message behind some anime, you get that is not all about moe, funny things and superpowers.
Aug 24, 2021 2:15 PM

Aug 2019
I always wondered how Touka was able to just spy on everyone and get photos of everything lmao
Oct 9, 2021 8:43 AM

Jun 2020
I love this movie overall from the start till the end it gave us some interesting yet entertaining stories from this movie and I liked that part of it

Every bit in the movie whether it can be chase scenes to some romantic scenes it's good so good that sometimes Rikka's clumsiness just takes over and the scene just becomes amusing to watch

Up until the end with a bit of an intense part where Rikka just wandered before Yuuta woke up that got me to wonder what was she planning to do, But let me just say finally they kissed just what I've been waiting for that sweet kiss, to be honest, it's a bit awkward but they're maturing and growing up and that's the end of this movie after Rikka jumped in the water just to catch Touka's bouquet toss that woman is just so strong.

I'm going to miss this series it was fun while it lasted and I'm happy that I got to see it from the start till the end I thoroughly enjoyed every season and the final movie it's so damn good I would honestly want to see more.
Apr 19, 2022 9:08 PM
Mar 2019
Thought this Movie brought everything to a close, but no, nothing changed.
No real progression and just 2 Kisses to end it all.
I bet it's a Happy Life living like that.
Only Dekomori & Nibutani's antics saved this from being boring.
May 8, 2022 12:52 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
I needed this movie especially after that disappointing second season.

6/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
May 24, 2022 4:01 AM

Jul 2021
Rewatching the movie made me teared up, I just want more moment between the iconic duo ;(
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 14, 2022 1:25 AM

Jun 2020
man i really thought rikka was gonna give normal life a try.
Aug 6, 2022 12:33 PM
Oct 2019
dumb dumb dumb. elope?

i'm 16 minutes into the movie and i'm flushing this turd. idc how it plays out, it's terrible. same stupid idea that caused the toradora ending to be utter shite.

4/10 drop. season 1 was great. the christmas ova was hilarious. season 2 and this movie are bunk.
Aug 19, 2022 8:09 AM

May 2013
I relate a lot with the fact that you are not the same person once you are in a couple, so I kinda understand what Rikka have been thinking through during the whole movie
That was an excellent movie, it was sure nostalgic to the first time I watched this series, something like 10 years ago

9/10

Aug 20, 2022 8:04 AM

Jan 2013
This is pretty much what Season 2 should've been instead of trying to be like Season 1.
I dislike how Shichimiya keeps pushing this thing about having to choose either her "personality" / Tyrant's Eye and her love for Yuuta, this is also why I think this is pretty much Season 2 but a lot better with a better resolution.

A lot of fantastic scenes, we get to see some progress in their relationship, they finally understand each other's feelings at the end too, not wanting to please the other 1 just because they think that's what makes them a couple.
Rikka for example thinking Yuuta would leave her just because she thinks Yuuta fell in love with her because of her Chuunibyou.

Fantastic series as a whole, season 1 had such a great story of how Rikka had to deal with her loss of her father with her Chuunibyou
Even season 2 had it's moments but ultimately, especially with this movie now it felt like Season 2 was unnecessary.

Movie is a solid 9/10, satisfying ending.
Sep 7, 2022 11:46 AM
Sep 2022
funny, kawaii and romantic
Jan 20, 2023 7:23 AM
May 2021
That was insane , incredible , awesome , i literally cried , too much emotional for me at the end ; just watch it , i love this show , im broken that its ended , ....
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
Jan 21, 2023 3:06 PM

Jun 2019
So happy after this Movie, beautifully culminated!
Apr 22, 2023 1:37 AM
Jun 2022
Well I should be surprised, from the title to viewers, everyone is delusional. I only watched this because I watched the original series back when it aired on Animax.
S1 and S2 were nice and there was some real struggle to get out of chunnibyou for Rikka but this movie just spits on your face for expecting anyone to grow out of it.
What I liked previously was that there was always some incentive for Rikka to leave her tyrant eye game but now yuta is like yeah just let her be as delusional as she wants.
I feel stupid for expecting Rikka to go against the title. Love and chunnibyou coexist, love ain't changing anyone here, just accept everything that comes with the person because there is no such thing as to want to improve your partner.
May 16, 2023 3:58 AM
Feb 2019
so this is how the series end? nothing new except Touka just married with a random guy lol
3/5 and 6/10
Jul 4, 2023 2:38 PM
Aug 2022
I didn't remember watching the film so I watched it along with all the past seasons , on the 29th June 2023
But I did watch the anime back in 2020 and it's definitely the best romcom 🤝
Yuuta and Rikka are the perfect wholesome couple and I loved the kiss scene ❤️😆
9/10 Awesome 👏
NekoSukiiOct 14, 2023 8:14 AM
Jul 15, 2023 9:21 PM
Dec 2021
Well, it made me feel lonely again. Nice!
Aug 29, 2023 11:09 AM
Mar 2021
The perfect ending. Man I love this anime
Next, Rikka is going to marry Yuuta
Rikka's sister plan's ahead of others.
**** man .. our best girl is now taken 🥺🥺
Oct 14, 2023 7:26 AM
Aug 2022
Rewatched for the 3rd time from 1st to 12th October , so sweet and heart-warming ❤️
I loved the kiss scene ; it's great as an ending for the series
A solid 9/10
NekoSukiiOct 14, 2023 8:15 AM
Oct 16, 2023 9:09 PM

Feb 2022
What a great way to end the series. Loved it!
Oct 25, 2023 7:29 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to niko_sb
I watched this piece in 2020, at the very beginning of the pandemics.
And still today, whenever I hear the ending song (Kokoro no namae by ZAQ) I found myself drowning into tears. Not tears of sadness, but of pure joy.

This movie shows what we saw on the TV series, but better...

We have our unique way of loving somenoe.
Our unique way of seeing the world.
Our unique ways to show affection and love even though not using these exact words.
Our unique way to see friendship and to have fun together.
Our unique way to deal with our inner demons, our inner self.
Our unique way to deal with our lives.
And... and there's nothing wrong with that.
Adding ssome fun elements... I really loved this perspective.

It's beautiful, it's cute.
It's astonishing.
When you get the true message behind some anime, you get that is not all about moe, funny things and superpowers.
@niko_sb
Indeed, there is nothing wrong with that. Unless of course you venture out of anime world into reality. But that's the point. And it took me until now to finally realize that. I bickered about KyoAni sucking in season 2 but this made up for it. Point is, this is supposed to be an escape from reality so why were we trying to force real world ideas onto a fictional show? I made the same error and admit that.

This was spectacular and brought a much needed happy conclusion. Kissing... And then she caught the bouquet of flowers. SHE WANTS TO GET MARRIED TO YUUTA. That is like, the best frickin conclusion to this show because it says, whether or not she stops being chuuni, she wants to be with him forever. Nothing more is needed now, and I am glad this journey is over.
Nov 21, 2023 11:44 AM

Jul 2014
The early stages of this movie have finally made me notice something that bothers me with this series: blackmail is used to motivate the characters to do things way too much. It's Touka's entire MO from the start of the series to the end, even when most of the time it doesn't make sense for her to have the blackmail material she has (they basically handwave the instances in this movie with "I have my sources", but that's lazy and not good enough imo). But relying on blackmail to literally force your characters to do anything is not very good writing (without it, Dekomori and Nibutani would do nothing in this story besides giving the idea to elope to Yuuta and Rikka), not least because it makes character relationships feel less sincere than they otherwise should at points.

Another thing that bothers me about this franchise is the shipping of Dekomori and Nibutani, both in-universe an from the fandom. Other than the forced yuri bait that it provides, I can't see any reason to ship them together after episode 4 of season 2, where Dekomori was a massive asshole and revealed Nibutani's secret to the entire school, humiliating her in the process. It was just so mean-spirited as to make this ship incomprehensible to me, and to make me annoyed whenever the series has scenes overtly pushing it.

All in all, I'm sad to say that this movie - and this entire franchise, for that matter - is honestly just a disappointment in the grand scheme of things. Season 2 is completely worthless and is just one of the worst sequels I have ever seen in anime, and while this movie is definitely better it still feels kind of pointless on the whole. Once again, Rikka and Yuuta have both somewhat regressed at the start of this movie, and by the end they haven't really changed all that much at all. The only time this series has ever had character development was with Rikka's arc in the first season, but both season 2 and this have undercut that by returning to her chuunibyou status quo entirely, rather than the more balanced approach that season 1's conclusion promised and Shichimiya showed us was possible (her one valuable contribution to this franchise, I guess?). It basically feels like this movie exists almost exclusively to be a prolonged build-up to a kiss that should have happened a long time ago in this relationship, but hasn't because of a weirdly puritanical stance to kissing that this franchise has in anime form for some reason.

In hindsight, I wish I'd just skipped season 2 on this rewatch, as it has had a massive negative impact on my feelings about this franchise as a whole and made it very hard for me to enjoy anything this movie has to offer on rewatch. A massive shame really, as there is some nice stuff going on here and I do very much like Yuuta and Rikka as a pairing, but there's just so many frustrations that have stacked up for me now that I can no longer enjoy this franchise.

Down from a 9 to a 6/10.
Nov 23, 2023 9:36 PM
Nov 2020
A great ending to the series.

I'm very satisfied on how they decide to end series. And that hey FINALLY kissed!

Had a blast of roll coaster watching this show, will never forget. Will definitely rewatch the whole series sometime in the future again.

#RikkaFiveWaifuOfAllTime
Dec 2, 2023 5:51 PM

Dec 2022
I think Cento is Toka's blood-related daughter, despite her stating she was just joking about it before. The nameless guy she married is probably her boss, and Cento's father.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 6, 11:11 PM

Nov 2023
I really liked this movie; it was really enjoyable. 

The plot was insane with how Yuuta and Rikka just ran around, going to different places, but that was fun to see.

In my opinion, it was better than Season 2 and felt more satisfying to watch.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anyone else disappointed with how it ended?

MrFlakey - Mar 28, 2021

21 by epidemia78 »»
Mar 20, 3:32 PM

» Watch after season 1?

Vaelyx - May 7, 2019

3 by HagePotPotato »»
Aug 6, 2022 12:30 PM

Poll: » i'm not a yuri fan but i really want to see deko and nibu kiss in this upcoming movie

removed-user - May 25, 2017

15 by HarmonicDX »»
May 1, 2022 9:08 PM

» [Spoiler][Discussion]I dont like Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai Movie -Take on me ending

steamedham82 - Nov 29, 2018

28 by HarmonicDX »»
May 1, 2022 9:00 PM

» What is next (sequel?)

Ikitik - Jan 14, 2019

3 by Keanan88 »»
Dec 23, 2020 8:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.