Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2018 7:10 AM

May 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A more entertaining second episode I think (what a perfect way to end the episode btw).
I have high hopes for the third and final episode.
You might even see the reveal of a certain character ;)
Fallen_LeavesMay 4, 2018 7:18 AM
May 4, 2018 8:14 AM
May 4, 2018 8:48 AM
Apr 2015
If she had chosen seat 21 instead of seat 19, this will be a btr episode
May 4, 2018 10:22 AM
Jul 2015
omg omg, this much in only 3 episodes?????? WTF WTF WTF WTF
May 4, 2018 12:28 PM

Sep 2016
Sun Xiang getting btfo so hard lmao
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
May 4, 2018 12:40 PM
May 4, 2018 1:10 PM

Feb 2014
Can't find the second McDonald's CM ): Is it not out yet?
May 4, 2018 2:20 PM
Apr 2017
Waiting for next week is pure torture!
I really liked this episode. It was awesome :D
May 4, 2018 2:25 PM
Jul 2015
I feel a bit worried that such a ground breaking discovery will lead to a ep3 cliff hanger that rivals other animes.
May 4, 2018 2:33 PM

May 2017
UltimaPathfinder said:
I feel a bit worried that such a ground breaking discovery will lead to a ep3 cliff hanger that rivals other animes.

Oh I can assure you that episode 3 will end on a cliffhanger. We'll just have to wait another year for season 2...
May 5, 2018 11:09 AM

Jun 2015
There were some cool battles in this episode. Sun Xiang just got destroyed lol. One more episode left.
May 5, 2018 11:21 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode this week.

Lot of cool battles especially the one with Sun Xiang and Han Wenqing.

I love Su Mucheng, that reaction on Ye Xiu's face when he realized she was picking people out from the audience and she picked the two next to him on purpose. XD
Still it was nice to see both Tang and Ren play and win together.

Looks like Tang figured out Ye Xiu's true identity. Interested in what's gonna happen next.
May 5, 2018 12:04 PM
Jun 2014
Another entertaining episode. For some reason, I like the pacing of this series even though they've most likely skipped alot from the LN.
May 5, 2018 4:33 PM

Jul 2014
I love how Han Weqing's face looks after his match against Sun Xiang.. (@about 10:34)
May 5, 2018 4:33 PM

Jul 2009
Tang Rou: And Ye Xiu... should be Ye Qiu.
Ye Xiu: Right.

Muahahahahah!

If all plays out as the novel:

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
NexuMay 5, 2018 7:33 PM
May 5, 2018 4:54 PM

Jul 2010
loved it! so much fun too see :D
May 5, 2018 5:51 PM

Jul 2016
Amazing so far. Perfect ending to the episode. Plus, finally someone actually believed and realized it's Ye Qiu. Already hyped for season 2 in 2019!

May 5, 2018 6:02 PM
Jan 2016
Most people don't realize it however how smartly the staff handle budget cutting techniques is pretty impressive like usage of CGI, Still shots reusing footage seamlessly so the main animators can worry about the big set pieces.
May 5, 2018 6:50 PM

Mar 2014
To be honest, I liked episode 1 more than episode 2. Thought the mage battles and Wang Jiexi's plan was more interesting. Nevertheless, it was really satisfying to see Sun Xiang get defeated. Would have also been interesting to see Su Mucheng call Ye Qiu to the stage instead where his identity gets revealed to the entire crowd.

That ending though; I'm really hyped to see Ye Qiu finally reveal his identity. I bet the lady manager would continue to have no clue though lol.
May 5, 2018 8:06 PM

Aug 2013
I still find it unbelievable that all the professional players' faces are known by the public from previous tournaments, except Ye Qiu.
May 5, 2018 8:07 PM
Jun 2014
Muonnai said:
So here is my problem:
In this episode we saw Rou Tang(aka little tang or xiao rou) notices that Ye Xiu is actually legendary Ye Qiu, but i do remember that in the 1st season Ep. 5 some guy named Hao Liu cames in net cafe and says omg it's god Yie and starts mocking him and Rou Tang was there and she realized that Ye Xiu is Ye Qiu ... so like wtf???
I mean i know it's different studio and the new studio want to do things and adaption in their own way(this is my best guess) but the real question is what's the case in the novel??? please explain it to me without any spoiler^__^

No, in episode 5 Liu Hao only mention that they are his subordinates and never mention about God Ye and Tang Rou is new to Glory so she doesnt realizes anything when Ye Xiu and Liu Hao talk about EE match. Also in novel Tang Rou only realizes that Ye Xiu is God Ye Qiu in All-Star Weekend
clover_sanMay 5, 2018 8:12 PM
May 5, 2018 8:50 PM

Jan 2008
The battles in this show are always so nicely animated. Wished the 2nd half had more but I guess it's nice to have some of the main cast finally partake.
May 6, 2018 3:10 AM

Aug 2013
So much details skipped but still good tho.

I can't wait for the final episode... Ye Xiu is going to debut and reveal his skills man.
May 6, 2018 5:32 AM

May 2015
So, I'm a little confused Tang Rou says at the end "and, that Huang Shaotian just now is actually Flowing Tree, right". But he wasn't in the competition this episode and from what I recall he was only a spectator in episode 1. I'll definitely have to read the manhua sometime because there a lot characters to keep track of.
May 6, 2018 3:05 PM
Apr 2017
CtrlZED said:
So, I'm a little confused Tang Rou says at the end "and, that Huang Shaotian just now is actually Flowing Tree, right". But he wasn't in the competition this episode and from what I recall he was only a spectator in episode 1. I'll definitely have to read the manhua sometime because there a lot characters to keep track of.

Huang Shaotian's game avatar did participate in this All-stars weekend. But the animators didn't fully animate his appearance. He was only shown as a still image lol :

https://youtu.be/U47ctkBn_wU?t=935

Most likely due to budget constraints and to speed up the pacing.

May 7, 2018 12:47 AM

May 2015
fireTrickster said:
CtrlZED said:

Huang Shaotian's game avatar did participate in this All-stars weekend. But the animators didn't fully animate his appearance. He was only shown as a still image lol :

https://youtu.be/U47ctkBn_wU?t=935

Most likely due to budget constraints and to speed up the pacing.

Thanks for linking! Lol, no wonder I completely missed it. That's too bad, I would have liked to watch that match.
May 7, 2018 1:34 AM
Jan 2015
Lambdaa- said:

I can't wait for the final episode... Ye Xiu is going to debut and reveal his skills man.

yeah , but , it was understandable considered this was only 3 episode , if it was 4 episode , may be we can get more of that details..

but Tang Rou's reaction to watch all-star was a plus , I did not think it was shown at novel
May 7, 2018 6:44 AM

Aug 2013
frankykun13 said:
Lambdaa- said:

yeah , but , it was understandable considered this was only 3 episode , if it was 4 episode , may be we can get more of that details..

but Tang Rou's reaction to watch all-star was a plus , I did not think it was shown at novel

Ahh right, I thing I thought was underwhelming was how they reveal Ye Xiu's identity.
Since the anime had no time, they only show the part of MuChen waving towards them and Wenqing saying Ye Xiu wouldn't miss if it was him in that situation.
The novel had much more foreshadowing where all the pros and crowds voiced out their thoughts of him all the time.
So yeah we didn't get the feeling of how great Ye Xiu achievements is or how big of a deal he was in the industry.
I just hope they do well for his debut and when GuoGuo found out his identity.
That is a magical moment so it better be good.
May 7, 2018 3:45 PM

Jan 2017
I can't get enough of this show.
I really want more, I hunger for more .-.
May 8, 2018 12:42 AM
Jan 2015
bloodbird said:
To be honest, I liked episode 1 more than episode 2. Thought the mage battles and Wang Jiexi's plan was more interesting. Nevertheless, it was really satisfying to see Sun Xiang get defeated. Would have also been interesting to see Su Mucheng call Ye Qiu to the stage instead where his identity gets revealed to the entire crowd.

That ending though; I'm really hyped to see Ye Qiu finally reveal his identity. I bet the lady manager would continue to have no clue though lol.

Mucheng only try to tease Ye Xiu
May 8, 2018 3:30 AM

Dec 2015
Holy frick, that ending literally made my day - the GOAT finally makes his appearance!!!

This series had so much potential after the 1st season, and it has only taken 2 OVAs to prove it. They even added a decent OP and ED. Goddamn, let's hope this series maintains this golden standard. Easily the best gaming/esports related series.
~
May 8, 2018 6:12 AM

Dec 2015
Lol i guess mu is just teasing ye qiu lol . I was hoping for him to show up on stage , i guess it will be a no.
I never been in that kind of crowded so im gonna ask , those ppl in there ofc know ye qiu face , at least wouldnt someone near him recognize him ?
May 8, 2018 8:15 AM
Nov 2016
Exeterna said:
Lol i guess mu is just teasing ye qiu lol . I was hoping for him to show up on stage , i guess it will be a no.
I never been in that kind of crowded so im gonna ask , those ppl in there ofc know ye qiu face , at least wouldnt someone near him recognize him ?

Only some pro players do know him, because he never played on stage.
The people that could spoil him are his "friends" just like Huang Shaotin and they know how much it meant to Ye Qui to stay undercover that's why they won't reveal him.
May 8, 2018 5:20 PM

Dec 2015
Sincedead said:
Exeterna said:

The people that could spoil him are his "friends" just like Huang Shaotin and they know how much it meant to Ye Qui to stay undercover that's why they won't reveal him.

Isnt this kind of e sport should reveal the player information, i mean the media will , a fight between this team and that team , player profile with real player picture ofc , arent all e sport like that nowadays?
May 8, 2018 9:24 PM
Jul 2017
Exeterna said:
Sincedead said:

Isnt this kind of e sport should reveal the player information, i mean the media will , a fight between this team and that team , player profile with real player picture ofc , arent all e sport like that nowadays?

Well true, but that's why Ye got expelled from his old club. He never took any ads contracts, had none business values to his club, yet he can't guarantee championship to his club anymore. Thus he's not worthing it for the club anymore. Plus, hes an idealist which means he plays the game just to win, not for money and anything else, since he used to be the team leader of the club his thoughts may cause trouble to the business side of the club.

That being said, I'll explain Ye's undercover situation here. Ye was the first generation pro players in whole China based on the story background settings, which means at the beginning he has no fame amount the public just like other pro players, and the Novel was partially realistic so it adapted some of the Chinese society's real attitude towards e-sports in the 90s and the beginning of the 21st century: "gaming is not a profession, it's like gangsters." So at Ye's era, most of the players are anonymous. The idea of e-sports players are all famous are more recent, especially for Chinese, it starts to be like that way after 2012 I think, and the Novel itself was originated around 2011.

Of course, most of these background settings are explained in the Novel and another important reason HOW and WHY Ye kept his identity secret should be revealed in later seasons, so I shall not spoil that.
May 9, 2018 7:21 AM

Nov 2016
This show is still an eyecandy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 27, 2018 12:24 PM

Dec 2016
Since the second season was announced I hope the artstyle stays very similar to how it looks in this ova because it is just sooooo good
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 15, 2019 8:28 PM

Mar 2016
Ok now, this OP is actually great and exciting! I love the visuals! The ED is quite relaxing and pretty nice.

Sun Xiang might be skilled and yes he's using the Godly battlemage build, but he's too cocky to think he could defeat anyone, especially someone who has been rivals with Ye Qui himself. As said to Sun Xiang, he's still too green.

Tang figured out that Ye Xie is Ye Qiu and he even admitted it! Meanwhile, the dense boss lady still doesn't get it...
ShadowkillZFeb 15, 2019 9:05 PM
Mar 9, 2019 3:24 AM

Dec 2012
Old Lin loss.
The junior succeeds the senior.
lol at Rou's face.
One Autumn Leaf.
OH SHIT!!!!!! Wenqing won! LMFAO!!!!
Wenqing told him whats up.
All that McDonalds.
Little Tang came back to game.
lol at Guo yelling at them because they stayed up like at the internet cafe.
My waifu Mucheng looking so fine.
Mucheng looking for Ye.
Mucheng on stage!
Mucheng is going to choose two random number. LMAO at Ye's face!
lol Mucheng chose 23.
Mucheng came in 1st place as expected.
Little Tang asks who Ye really is.
Oh shit! Ye told Little Tang who he really is.

Another great episode. Nice ED theme. My waifu Mucheng looked so perfect.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 26, 2019 1:20 PM

Dec 2010
Sun Xiang got rekt and I don't even feel bad about him. An unexpected ED sequence but I don't really mind that either.
Nov 12, 2020 10:47 PM

Feb 2018
Wow this episode was easily my favorite of the entire series so far, including the movie too. Story, characters, development, animation, art and action were all on point. If episode 3 keeps it up this is an easy 8/10.
May 18, 2021 12:21 PM

Apr 2018
Sun Xiang got beaten to a pulp by the Number One Desert Fist (smth like this xD)
Man, why didn't they pick our mc smfh
The art at the end of the episodes.. beautiful

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'

More topics from this board

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou (2018) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Lambdaa- - Apr 27, 2018

64 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 23, 2023 6:55 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou (2018) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Daango_ - May 11, 2018

74 by Slimsith »»
Nov 14, 2022 9:17 PM

Poll: » Which Drawing Style Do You Prefer?

Aznchronos - May 12, 2018

27 by kari-ya »»
Dec 31, 2018 3:44 PM

» How far has the series come in the light novel so far?

Surpuppa - May 6, 2018

3 by frankykun13 »»
Aug 9, 2018 3:07 AM

» Anyone here know where can I find those beautiful images near the end of the credits of EP:3?

RedSon14 - May 13, 2018

3 by Fiearen »»
May 13, 2018 7:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.