Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2018 4:57 AM

Jul 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow with this chapter alone i kinda hate Genshiken now. It was sucha a fun manga and now this alternate setting ruined it for me. All that Nidaime and Hato shit ruined pretty fun manga.
Mar 18, 2018 6:39 AM

Sep 2007
Goddamnit, Watanabe
Mar 19, 2018 7:27 AM
Nov 2017
I literally cried while reading the chapter, this shit ruined the series for me. Now I'm thinking Saki should have chose her college bf, he's more decent TBH
Mar 20, 2018 6:43 AM

Jun 2009
So...he's lying on the couch at the end, which I'm guessing means he dreamt it all up?

Either way, he's still a scumbag, and I hate how the whole thing is played off as a joke. Ugh.

Edit: Doublechecked, and it wasn't a dream. It all happened. God, I just can't help but wonder what the manga-ka was thinking. Did he think fans of this would enjoy the cheating element?
superstaffMar 20, 2018 8:55 AM
Mar 21, 2018 5:12 AM
Nov 2010
Argh. I hate it. I hate it so much I jave to rant about it. Its my first time also in posting here in mal forums and I cant believe it'll be about that cheating bastard. I cant accept he cheated with her with a trans. Like, maybe I can accept it more if its a girl? But with a trans?????? Like for real???? Argh.
Mar 22, 2018 3:16 AM

May 2010
Well that was a tough read. I was actually laughing at the end - "wait, did I really just read that?" I'm really really really interested to see how this gets resolved. (or why the author made this happen in the first place?) If the next few chapters are anything but Saki beating the shit out of Madarame for 100 pages, Star-Platinum style, I'll be a bit disappointed.
Either way I don't think Madarame can be redeemed as a character now unless he comes clean - tells Saki the truth and tries to make some serious amends.

Sheeeiiiiiit - I never expected this kind of NTR in my Genshiken, not in a million years. If I was to give one positive, it would be that I'm definitely hooked to read what happens next, even if not for the right reasons. Wow. What a rollercoaster!
Loading Signature ...
Mar 22, 2018 8:51 AM

Jun 2009
sir_mihael said:

Sheeeiiiiiit - I never expected this kind of NTR in my Genshiken, not in a million years. If I was to give one positive, it would be that I'm definitely hooked to read what happens next, even if not for the right reasons. Wow. What a rollercoaster!

I don't know. I guess the whole ordeal is so off-putting for me that I probably won't actually read any more of this. Though I guess I will pop in when a new chapter comes out, and read summaries of this trainwreck.

I feel like it's changed my perception of the Genshiken cast and the series as well, even if this isn't a direct continuation. God, the whole plotline feels like something you'd see on fucking Maury Povich, no kidding.

Just to add a bit more, I've seen some people try to defend the husband/Madarame's actions: "Her ex shouldn't have gone to the hospital!", "He was just trying to fulfill a fantasy before becoming a father!", "They really were babying him!", etc. Nothing justifies cheating, especially in this specific instance wherein his wife just gave birth, which is a vulnerable time for a new mother. As someone who is married, my relationship has been through many ups and downs, and the last thing on my mind is to cheat on my spouse out of spite. It's immature and reckless. Now Madarame not only ruined his marriage but also his friendships to the Genshiken gang (but then again Yajima seemed 100% fine being cheated on and making yaoi jokes........).
Mar 23, 2018 2:34 AM

May 2010
(using Genshiken names for the time being because at this point it's the 'I can't believe it's not butter' of butter)

Yeah, I totally agree 100%, and I think to the people defending him - I don't want to generalize them all and say 'maybe they're not in a similar situation in life and are simply looking out from a comfort zone where there's no trust or consequence to worry about', but that's the only I can imagine people being okay with what's happened.

And to be honest, those sound like quite petty non-reasons as well, and a lot of it boils down to Madarame's ego trying to deal with all this new shit happening. But the thing is, that's life, not a golden ticket to go out and cheat on not just your wife, but your new family.

Now I've read fiction where there HAS been a more justifiable reason to cheat: for example, the protagonist has a completely vile, abusive partner who you're not meant to empathize with at all, and said protagonist finds someone who clearly cares for them amidst a broken relationship:
Is that happening here? Is Saki some villain who we're not meant to give a shit about? Not a chance. Saki loves Madarame despite all his flaws and quirks, and is always trying new things (underwear, cosplay, etc)
Madarame on the other hand- well, we know the kind of person he is now. The real question is, is the author going to spin this as a negative and deal with it accordingly, or are we going to be told that we have to be okay with this?

So it's not this chapter that will kill the series for me, but how the next few are handled I reckon. Either way, I'm morbidly curious now. Damn it all KIO!
sir_mihaelMar 23, 2018 2:47 AM
Loading Signature ...
Mar 26, 2018 5:38 AM
Aug 2014
Huh, so that's why manga called 'Spotted Flower'.
Apr 30, 2018 7:35 AM

Apr 2017
Kio surely wasted this chapter for an assblasted kinkshaming "CUCCTEASE"..
-HippySnob-Apr 30, 2018 7:39 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Oct 3, 2018 5:20 PM

Jul 2010
This not recent in any way but I'm just reading it now. Anyway, I came here right after reading this chapter to see the discussion.

At the end of the last chapter, I was just thinking "no way, no way" and gave him the benefit of the doubt.

What a piece of shit! Literally hours after his wife has just given birth? And it was the first thing he thought of the first moment she was away from home. Wow. What a spineless, slimy piece of shit. This seemed like a cute slice of life at the beginning but I'm done reading here.
Apr 22, 2019 9:10 AM

Dec 2008
Lmao this fucking guy
Blueballed his wife for 9 months because he was "too scared" but the moment she gave birth, he decides to cuck her and even takes it up his ass.
Man, what a waste of a perfectly good story.

Hato's hot tho.
Jun 6, 2019 2:20 AM

Jun 2015
Why do you think that Mada's action can be justified?
Being a piece of shit is part of life, either
Unfortunately no one translated more of this manga and for that I had to read in Italian (thank God I am a speaker of Romance language, I can understand it with a dictionary)
Jul 7, 2019 7:46 AM

Jun 2009
ALOC said:
Why do you think that Mada's action can be justified?
Being a piece of shit is part of life, either
Unfortunately no one translated more of this manga and for that I had to read in Italian (thank God I am a speaker of Romance language, I can understand it with a dictionary)

So, what happens in the later chapters? Just curious, and can't read Italian.
Jul 7, 2019 5:28 PM

Jun 2015
superstaff said:

So, what happens in the later chapters? Just curious, and can't read Italian.

Nothing to relevant. Only Saki suspects that be cheated and is doubtful whether to say anything or maintain the status quo.
I don'tt know if the publication stopped or they wait for another volume to come out to translate more.
In this blog you can read if new character come out https://heartsoffuriousfancies.wordpress.com/

More topics from this board

» This page is all sorts of wrong, not actually Saki and Madarame

melton80 - Apr 1, 2018

9 by superstaff »»
Mar 26, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Spotted Flower Chapter 39 Discussion

shutcardboard - Sep 1, 2023

1 by superstaff »»
Dec 13, 2023 1:38 AM

» Was it received well in Japan? Why?

itabanita - Feb 8, 2022

1 by superstaff »»
Mar 15, 2023 6:14 AM

Poll: » Spotted Flower Chapter 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

11 by Sw3at »»
May 30, 2021 12:07 PM

Poll: » Spotted Flower Chapter 10 Discussion

Misiakk - May 31, 2014

4 by theoriginalshew »»
Sep 22, 2018 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.