Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 25, 2010 4:53 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The crew of White Base searches for the Amuro and the Gundam; Amuro hopes to end the war by attacking a mine believed to be the main source of iron ore for the Zeon war industry.
mell4444Mar 26, 2010 2:06 PM
Jul 11, 2010 8:15 AM

Aug 2009
Amuro is a complete and utter prick, oh yes he is.

And that was one really cute squeak from Frau Bow when she crashed <3
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 26, 2010 6:58 AM

Apr 2009
Can that moron grow up already? Oh yes he just won the war by attacking a stupid mine in the middle of nowhere... what a hero... for fuck's sake grow up...
Damnit this series desperately needs more Char... it just went downhill ever since he was transferred home and the focus turned completely on Amuro...
Jul 28, 2010 3:32 PM

May 2008
What the hell is Amuro thinking seriously?
I loved the scene where Frau Bow crashed Gundam's leg~ It was hilarious~
Oct 18, 2010 9:09 AM

Aug 2009
sayami said:
What the hell is Amuro thinking seriously?
I loved the scene where Frau Bow crashed Gundam's leg~ It was hilarious~

Yeah that was definitely one of the funniest moments of the series so far.. That and Char wearing his hat/mask to a banquet.
Dec 14, 2010 10:24 PM

Sep 2009
A somewhat...lame episode.

Amuro is being childish.
Mar 26, 2011 11:14 PM

Sep 2008
well he is 14, so its understandable. Thats the whole point of setting up a story around young inexperienced people fighting a war. They dont have the training nor experience, they're not mature enough etc. but they have raw talent. So how would these younger, softer people feel and react when put in the middle of a war like that with overpowered fighting machines.

Ofcourse, there's also the point that that kind of idea would attract younger audience more, so its like hitting two birds with one stone. I can see how every modern shounen, especially mecha, borrowed a lot of ideas that came from here.

With Amuro especially the pressures more there, and practically the whole whit base depends on him. TBH, Amuro is the most 'realistic' shounen hero I've come across. not as whiny, selfish and bitchy as shinji, not as emo as naruto or over-heroic as Edward or idealistic as luffy, not as shallow as ichigo etc He's just a normal kid with some normal issues. He's realistic and 'weak', as opposed to the idealistic and/or 'strong' characters people tend to prefer these days.
eyerokMar 28, 2011 3:23 AM
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Mar 27, 2011 9:35 AM
Nov 2010
^
prepare to be flamed, you insulted Shinji, the most realistic character ever created *sarcasm*

I agree with what you say. Amuro is acting childish because... well HE IS a child. x)
Jul 11, 2011 11:32 PM

May 2010
Wow something actually happened in this episode...

SuperSaiyen said:
^
prepare to be flamed, you insulted Shinji, the most realistic character ever created *sarcasm*

I agree with what you say. Amuro is acting childish because... well HE IS a child. x)

Please come back
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 20, 2011 6:04 PM

Jul 2009
Even still, I still get annoyed by Amuro. Why haven't they put any impact on him killing people then? He's only 14, but when he started killing, they didn't show him react too much to it. And now he's being a dick because they want Ryu to pilot the Gundam?

Also, I find it funny that he launches in the Gundam, when they said they wanted to take him off it. I really don't understand how Amuro thinks.
"A detoxified Akihabara would just be another electronic town!"

Dec 24, 2012 10:16 PM

Jun 2009
I'm honestly not sure what the fuck Amuro was thinking here. It was dumb on many levels to even attempt to storm this base. I can see why this was excised from the movie.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 27, 2013 8:10 AM

Feb 2012
The battle in this was great Gundam showed off some cool moves.
Nov 4, 2013 5:20 AM
May 2013
Insan3Heisenberg said:
I'm honestly not sure what the fuck Amuro was thinking here. It was dumb on many levels to even attempt to storm this base. .

He should have joined them.
Mar 7, 2014 1:30 PM

Mar 2013
Amuro was really dumb to attack that base by himself, even if the Gundam is so OP right now. This will result in the Zeon finding out about the planned attack.

Fraw Bow is cute though.
May 9, 2014 3:17 PM

Apr 2011
The episode previews at the ends are too much...I never even want to watch them anymore.
Jun 8, 2014 1:40 AM

Jul 2009
Another ace episode :D

Come on Amuro learn how to man up and actual understand the situation your in.

Isn't it fucked up how the crew are already talking about the death penalty on him XD

I actually the mask lady was some sort of female Char or at least a companion of him.

Also where the hell is Char!?!?!?!

Amuro felt cocky and got lucky that Kyciliia and M'Quve didn't finish Amuro and underestimated the Gundam.

Now Frau bow is crying at the end of the episode compared to Amuro from the last.

I think Amuro needs Matilda-san in times like this!!

Can't wait for the next episode!!
Mar 21, 2015 8:38 AM

Feb 2011
It's funny how Amuro can be so badass when he's fighting but as a person he's a selfish douche. I love it lol.
いっぺん死んでみる?
May 1, 2015 3:21 PM

Mar 2013
What are you doing Amuro ?
May 3, 2015 7:46 PM

Nov 2011
While it may be "expected" for Amuro to act childish because of his age, it's still pretty annoying. What point is he trying to make? Would he actually give them the Gundam if they said that's what they really wanted? (I doubt he would.) Ironically, the manner he chose to protest how everyone treats him showcases exactly why everyone treats him the way he does: He's pulls reckless stunts over fits of selfishness, and he has almost no self-control to deal with his emotions. If he wants to be treated as someone important, he at least needs to act like an adult, but beyond that a truly great person would be humble enough to let someone else take their place in those circumstances, if that's what the crew wanted.

He's likely made things much worse for the Federation after that. Even in isolation is was a pretty dumb move.

I did like his interaction with the Zeon solider, though.
Sep 16, 2015 7:13 AM
Dec 23, 2015 10:27 AM
Nov 2015
koreye said:
well he is 14, so its understandable. Thats the whole point of setting up a story around young inexperienced people fighting a war. They dont have the training nor experience, they're not mature enough etc. but they have raw talent. So how would these younger, softer people feel and react when put in the middle of a war like that with overpowered fighting machines.

Ofcourse, there's also the point that that kind of idea would attract younger audience more, so its like hitting two birds with one stone. I can see how every modern shounen, especially mecha, borrowed a lot of ideas that came from here.

With Amuro especially the pressures more there, and practically the whole whit base depends on him. TBH, Amuro is the most 'realistic' shounen hero I've come across. not as whiny, selfish and bitchy as shinji, not as emo as naruto or over-heroic as Edward or idealistic as luffy, not as shallow as ichigo etc He's just a normal kid with some normal issues. He's realistic and 'weak', as opposed to the idealistic and/or 'strong' characters people tend to prefer these days.

Sorry to quote a post from years ago, but it's a great analysis and says what I would want to say better than I could. I really like Amuo and think his internal conflict makes he show as great as it is. His saving the soldier at the end is an example of how he's hardened when driving a Gundam but still has flashes of an innocent kid inside him. I like it.

Speaking of like, Garma's masked sister is awesome! Also Frau Bow has a flying dune buggy?!? So cool!!!
Apr 27, 2016 7:38 AM

Nov 2011
As often happens, the lower floors do not know what happens in those tall, Amuro believes he has a chance to redeem himself, but the situation does not turn in his favor, and saw that people talk out of turn, believing always know everything, puts him on gridiron to justify their complaints. Episode that confirms twice, the unpreparedness of Amuro in dealing with situations.
May 23, 2016 12:25 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah I don't get the Amuro venom here. He's a kid who got swooped up in a war and the entire white base crew is heaping all the work and responsibility on him then criticize him for it.

Not saying Amuro is without some fault but the crew does treat him like crap.
Jul 14, 2016 8:28 PM

May 2012
Shredder is that you? Pretty great episode, nice development especially that ending! Let's see what's next!
Oct 2, 2016 8:59 PM

Jun 2013
Amuro, im rooting for you, but dont be such an idiot!
Oct 3, 2016 10:35 PM

Feb 2012
Amuro keeps on digging his grave deeper and deeper. It does make for some good learning material.

Amuro Ray Kill Count:
0 Mobile Suit kills this episode
18 kills total
Jun 13, 2017 10:36 PM
Jan 2017
koreye said:

Sadly they don't make characters like this anymore. Maybe six years old but still holds true.
Jul 26, 2017 4:26 PM

Jul 2016
Too much hate on Amuro. Posters on here from previous years I concur with.. he's 14.. but with that said, taking the Gundam itself is crap. I'm not sure my 14 year old self would do that. I'd just want to find a town to live in and get away from everybody.
Sep 1, 2017 7:05 AM
Jul 2017
Feel like this angle has been played enough. I gave him the kid card already, so I'm all out. Just kill some Zeons, kid.
Mar 11, 2018 2:16 PM

Apr 2014
I am actually shocked ppl are attacking Amuro and not the incompetent white base. Its funny Sayla had anything to say here when she disobeyed orders an episode back.
May 22, 2018 8:09 PM

Jan 2018
Amuro just can't do anything right? Ain't that right WHITE BASE? They're seriously shitting on his accomplishments!
Jan 24, 2019 11:51 AM
Dec 2009
This series is a joke. Amuro is an unrealistic, trash character and all the people making excuses for his actions are laughable.

The white base is extremely vunarable to being obliterated, killing civilians including women and children. The fact Amuro stole the one thing keeping the base's citizens alive because he has hurt feelings should be enough for them to hunt his dumb ass down, shoot him in the head and take Gundam back. the fact that the other people on white base don't take that more seriously shows how terribly this series is put together. The Gundam is so over powered that anyone else could pilot the thing.
Mar 9, 2019 4:46 PM

Feb 2017
The best thing from this episode

eski514Mar 9, 2019 9:58 PM
Jul 26, 2019 9:27 AM

Mar 2016
Amuro is being childish but it is understandable. I don't get why Sayla is giving her opinion when she did something even more stupid a few episodes ago. The only one that annoys the fuck out of me is Fraw Bow. She's so damm egocentric. She only cares about her feelings towards Amuro and doesn't even think how he really feels. Hope she kick the bucket soon.
Bright is also dumb. He knows that they are not military forces but he keeps applying basic military strategies in the battlefield ("fire", "fire" and... "fire") instead of actually developing interesting plans like Amuro did. Deploying your best weapon doesn't equal a victory.
Aug 22, 2019 2:15 PM

Jul 2012
Amuro só faz merda, tá louco
Why, you say... Don't you get it?

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
Dec 24, 2019 2:30 PM
May 2018
Amuro isn't without fault but the extent of the hate in this thread is both mind boggling and ridiculous to me. Without Amuro, the white base crew would've been dead episodes ago lol. And Sayla should be the last one talking about selfish behavior. She took the Gundam out without permission just to get information on Char. That's selfish you dumbass.
Dec 24, 2019 2:32 PM
May 2018
SerpentDeceiver said:
This series is a joke. Amuro is an unrealistic, trash character and all the people making excuses for his actions are laughable.

The white base is extremely vunarable to being obliterated, killing civilians including women and children. The fact Amuro stole the one thing keeping the base's citizens alive because he has hurt feelings should be enough for them to hunt his dumb ass down, shoot him in the head and take Gundam back. the fact that the other people on white base don't take that more seriously shows how terribly this series is put together. The Gundam is so over powered that anyone else could pilot the thing.

Obviously that's not true. Sayla tried to pilot the Gundam and failed miserably. It's been hinted at Amuro being a prodigy.
Mar 1, 2020 1:11 PM

May 2018
At least Amuro got into the fucking robot, I guess
Oct 7, 2020 12:07 PM

Jun 2016
I wasn't planning to write a post for this episode but seeing the controversy in the thread inspired me to. I understand it is the vocal minority, but the two extremes of praising Amuro as one of the greatest, or those denouncing him as unrealistic and annoying trash are too much! For that I would like to give my take on the episode.

Gundam can be melodramatic but I think generally the motivations for the characters and the intent behind them makes sense.

I think Amuro needs purpose to fight this awful war and one place he finds purpose is in his skills and his sense of belonging. He already left his mom behind to embrace being a soldier and now reprimanded by his crew for his impulsiveness, he wanted to prove his worth once more by attacking the mine. The irony is that he didn't recognize that it was his impulsive actions which caused this divide to begin with and yet again, by attacking on his own, he gave the enemy information, and lost a chance for White Base to steal information themselves. Impulsively trying to prove himself led to more pitfalls, something he shouldn't be able to ignore.

In a way, Amuro needing to grow up and grating on people's nerves feels largely intentional. Perhaps the anger in this thread could be seen as a success assuming he will grow as the series continues.
Oct 24, 2020 11:38 AM

Aug 2017
Sayla complaining about Amuro is quite ironic lmao. I thought that Kycilia and M'Quve were going to die alone on that ship but it was still too dangerous to face Amuro. If they hadn't blown up the base, they'd already be dead.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 1, 2020 4:32 PM

Nov 2018
Amuro just casually committing war crimes and probably getting accused of worse one's in the future

Fraw Bow is such a nice a girl although she isn't seen by the rest as *Woman*. Still I really like her and would take her in at any moment.
Nov 15, 2020 8:25 AM

Jul 2017
The setting of this episode reminded me of Fist of the North Star. It was weird at first to see Amuro destroy everything, but then at the end we realize that the base was a small mine with an experimental weapon. It was nice to see the focus on Frau Bow.
Jan 25, 2021 12:51 AM

May 2012
It seems like nobody at White Base even liked Amuro much to begin with. Due to this series typically focusing more on action than character development, I didn’t notice until now just how much of an outsider he is. The crew is ready to execute him, other crew members think he’s going to go give Gundam to Zeon as a traitor... and then they mock him because they assume he’ll think he’s a hero for destroying the wrong base.

Meanwhile in reality, Amuro made Zeon abandon a base where they were testing experimental anti-Mobile Suit weaponry, searched the base responsibly to try to find out what was going on there, and gave hope to a dying man, possibly saving his life in the process.

Everyone is saying Amuro needs to grow up, but it’s pretty much the entire crew of White Base that REALLY needs to grow up. Taking their best pilot out of Gundam because he doesn’t listen every once in awhile, when he clearly understands Gundam’s strengths and weaknesses better than anybody.
Feb 27, 2021 8:24 PM
Feb 2020
14 years is absolutely no excuse

for some one who is a genius.

Given he is a genius and is in terms of IQ has more brainpower than every one on WB put together he should be able to put the experiences he's experienced together with his genius level ability to process those experiences and work out basic things like:

Every single time he goes up against heavily experienced combatabts with his untested theories they fail.

Every time Bright and Co make a suggestion they're right.

Now a genius brain should be able to put those two things above together and quickly work out...

I should run my super incredible theories past these guys.

Surely a genius brain would be able to tell it's owner... running off without a plan with a mobile suit without a power source and with a beam gun which runs out of power very fast is very very very very very stupid.

His own mother is right. He's a rotten. She of course has to take some responsibility for that due to her absentee parenting.

Frau who is the reason Amuro is alive (btw taking time out of getting to shelter with her own family to go to Amuro's house and get him dressed and out the house in the first episode is the reason why she lost her family, she and her family would have been in the shelter if she had not taken time out of her and their own evacuation to mother Amuro who was so self absorbed he wasn't even aware an evacuation was in progress) has finally stopped making exuses for him.

What the Zeon soldier said is 100% accurate. He's going to run out of lives (Plot Armour) with all the spacing out, and retarded thinking he does.

That kid who was Amuro's next door neighbour who is not a genius but who talked about how even he knows in Judo a less able fighter can get a win if he attacks a superior opponent when the opponent is off balance. That kid goes in the mobile tank and fights as does that other kid they and Kai also had panic moments and shock from fighting and they haven't had the luxury of meeting their parents or even knowing if their parents are alive and yet they don't do even 1 percent of Amuro's constant drama, treason and general B.S.

Honestly at this point I wouldn't mind if he fell in one of those mines and that's the last we see of him.

Also:

From now on, I'm not going to watch even 1 frame of those episode previews.

Overall rating thus far = 8/10 to 9/10.

MVP = The characters who serve on the bridge of WB and who support Gundam and WB in the fighter plane, the guncannon and the tank.

As well as the zeon strategists and officers who aren't char and who aren't idiots.
Rui_ReiFeb 27, 2021 8:27 PM
Jul 28, 2021 5:53 AM

Oct 2012
Looks like Amuro is getting a bit cocky, attacking a base on his own like that. But I guess he really wants to prove his worth which is why hr was so shocked that he just destroyed one out of many mines. From what I could tell though, it was a pretty important one for Zeon.

Sayla annoyed me with her hypocrisy. Calling Amuro selfish while doing the same thing just a few episodes ago.

I liked the action in this episode.
Sep 13, 2021 1:36 AM
Dec 2016
Laugh when Sayla say Amuro is selfish
Oct 29, 2022 11:28 PM

May 2019
Fraw was telling it true to Amuro, he's being dense and is clouded by pride at this point. Where's Char, give me a cool character please.
Apr 30, 2023 7:42 PM
Jul 2018
nil im like amaro as a character usually I find main characters bland. Im missing char. and with this my goal of completing the franchise is like 1 percent the way win y like 3 years from now im gonna fish this franshise
Apr 30, 2023 7:45 PM
Jul 2018
poeople don't understand this barely episode 17 and amaro is klike 15 what do you expect people uin the comments if they were in hois situation would be pissing their pants
May 1, 2023 7:43 PM

Oct 2017
Yep im late for the party lmao. great episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Complete Watch order

Grontan - Jan 2

17 by TheRedComment »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Arcanus - Apr 30, 2009

65 by darthtruder »»
Apr 19, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Beatnik - May 27, 2008

102 by ChiisuNoYo »»
Apr 15, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - May 26, 2008

79 by ChiisuNoYo »»
Apr 14, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Apr 6, 2008

59 by KitsuFrost »»
Feb 22, 11:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.