Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 29, 2017 10:38 PM
Dec 2017
Watched the film on my laptop.

The narration is good, although I got a little bit confused at first... It obviously assumed audience had already knew Shirou's characteristics, but this one of hims goes too far from others, even for a parallel world. It is somewhat hard for me to imagine a Shirou without obsession on justice. In a similar scenario in HF, he kept his belief with an adjustment on it (Justice for Sakura only? I cannot remember), but this time he betrayed it... In fact I would say it is an OOC, maybe Kinoko Nasu was absent in the script-writing. Bonus: Shirou has a new poem for his Reality Marble.

The first few fights are flaws, not even at F/SN UBW level. It seems like missed (or intentionally skipped) Berserker installer. Probably saved budget for the last battle.

The music is wonderful as usual.

The title is misleading, it should be Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆IllyaUltimate☆Emiya: Sekka no Chikai

7+1=8/10, plus one for Miyu-chan
Dekatron10Dec 29, 2017 10:42 PM
Dec 30, 2017 2:32 AM

Aug 2010
Dekatron10 said:
The narration is good, although I got a little bit confused at first... It obviously assumed audience had already knew Shirou's characteristics, but this one of hims goes too far from others, even for a parallel world. It is somewhat hard for me to imagine a Shirou without obsession on justice. In a similar scenario in HF, he kept his belief with an adjustment on it (Justice for Sakura only? I cannot remember), but this time he betrayed it... In fact I would say it is an OOC, maybe Kinoko Nasu was absent in the script-writing. Bonus: Shirou has a new poem for his Reality Marble.

This Shirou is pretty much HF Shirou. Both betrayed their beliefs and justice for their loved ones.

Both of them put Sakura/Miyu's safety above the world's, but there's no saying they won't defend justice if these two weren't involved.

IIRC Hiroyama said in the movie booklet that Nasu assisted in writing for this arc.
Jan 3, 2018 4:44 PM

Jun 2015
Dekatron10 said:

The first few fights are flaws, not even at F/SN UBW level. It seems like missed (or intentionally skipped) Berserker installer. Probably saved budget for the last battle.

The title is misleading, it should be Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆IllyaUltimate☆Emiya: Sekka no Chikai

You have to keep in mind that this Shirou has spent 5 years growing up taking care of Miyu. Normal Shirou has nothing to temper his justice boner, but from the very onset, Miyuverse Shirou's ideals are challenged by Miyu, to the point that even the promise Shirou makes on the porch isn't completely sincere thanks to his feelings for Miyu. It makes sense, then, that he goes a little further than HF Shirou, because Miyu has become as much of a part of his formative identity as his ideal, unlike Sakura who he'd only really started to have feelings for about a year and a half before HF.

Jan 3, 2018 4:49 PM
Dec 2017
KingOfSherous said:
Dekatron10 said:

You have to keep in mind that this Shirou has spent 5 years growing up taking care of Miyu. Normal Shirou has nothing to temper his justice boner, but from the very onset, Miyuverse Shirou's ideals are challenged by Miyu, to the point that even the promise Shirou makes on the porch isn't completely sincere thanks to his feelings for Miyu. It makes sense, then, that he goes a little further than HF Shirou, because Miyu has become as much of a part of his formative identity as his ideal, unlike Sakura who he'd only really started to have feelings for about a year and a half before HF.

This makes senses, thanks!
Jan 6, 2018 1:25 AM
Jun 2017
Wonder if there'll be a sequel or season 5 since Julian was still lurking around at the end of 3rei.
Jan 8, 2018 12:54 PM

Sep 2013
Great movie......poor Sakura, always feel bad for her. Loved the whole Shirou epicness in the Grail War and his wish for Miyu against all his ideals and promise. 9/10.
Jan 8, 2018 7:54 PM
Sep 2013
The scene with Sakura mirrors the scene in the original visual novel where Illya ask Shirou if he is willing to give up everything for Sakura's sake. Apparently, it was intended that if he gives up everything for Sakura, you would go into the Sakura route but if you choose not to, you would go into the Illya route. By not giving up everything for Sakura in this one, he's going into the Miyu route, who is obviously the Illya of that world.

Counter Guardians are MUCH more powerful than Servants, if he really did obtained the power of Emiya the Counter Guardian rather than Emiya the Heroic Spirit, he should be able to give even Gil a run for his money, let alone some fake Gil.

Anyways, absolutely amazing movie if taken within context of the entire work, a million times better than the UBW movie. And I don't even really like the Illya series, this arc was pretty much the only one I like.
Jan 11, 2018 12:39 AM
Jun 2017
Nice movie... i mean it shows all about the beginning of Miyu and how she met Shirou (and later became Onii chan)... hahaha..

*while watching this one i am thinking this maybe a story before meeting Illya (and friends) and at the end i am right... that is the reason why miyu have went to the world of Illya...
Feb 2, 2018 4:57 AM
Sep 2015
Well the BDs are out now.

Based on the clips (no subs) available, they've added effects to many of the fights. The fight against Saber now looks great and the final fight looks good (animation notwithstanding).

Sadly, it's not an extended cut but the added effects do bump up the quality.
CerberusGateFeb 2, 2018 5:01 AM
Feb 2, 2018 5:59 AM

Jul 2014
They put a 30 minute episode into 90 minutes. Crap.
Feb 2, 2018 9:59 AM

May 2016
BDs are out and the movie got a great visual / Animation update. Here Pictures https://imgur.com/a/ft4L0
Feb 2, 2018 5:21 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
This is definitely Fate returning to its roots whilst still fitting smoothly into Kaleid’s universe. Loved the manga, loved this film too. Even without much in the way of loli power it still works out like a charm

9/10
Feb 4, 2018 2:56 AM
Aug 2007
While i absolutetly loved the movie i still can't get one thing.

Why Ainsworth holy grail war requires multiple masters fighting at all? The cards are given my ainsworth, even the masters are created by ainsworth. But in the end the servant cards are just given to the grail.

In Einzbern grail defeated servants were attracted to the grail and used as a mana source, and the war itself was a mean to summon, decieve and defeat servants. But here servants are already converted to cards... I don't get it.
Feb 4, 2018 7:31 AM
Jul 2016
MrNTR said:
The scene with Sakura mirrors the scene in the original visual novel where Illya ask Shirou if he is willing to give up everything for Sakura's sake. Apparently, it was intended that if he gives up everything for Sakura, you would go into the Sakura route but if you choose not to, you would go into the Illya route. By not giving up everything for Sakura in this one, he's going into the Miyu route, who is obviously the Illya of that world.

Counter Guardians are MUCH more powerful than Servants, if he really did obtained the power of Emiya the Counter Guardian rather than Emiya the Heroic Spirit, he should be able to give even Gil a run for his money, let alone some fake Gil.

Anyways, absolutely amazing movie if taken within context of the entire work, a million times better than the UBW movie. And I don't even really like the Illya series, this arc was pretty much the only one I like.

Actually, the Movie didn't mention that for the entire time, Shirou had the affection of the grail EX from Miyu. She became his unlimited mana source. He stood toes to toes with Enuma Elis UNTIL Miyu left.
Feb 5, 2018 3:24 AM
Sep 2015
artyfarty said:
While i absolutetly loved the movie i still can't get one thing.

Why Ainsworth holy grail war requires multiple masters fighting at all? The cards are given my ainsworth, even the masters are created by ainsworth. But in the end the servant cards are just given to the grail.

In Einzbern grail defeated servants were attracted to the grail and used as a mana source, and the war itself was a mean to summon, decieve and defeat servants. But here servants are already converted to cards... I don't get it.

Note that via the Class Cards, normal humans become capable of wielding a Servant's Noble Phantasm. Stuff like Gae Bolg and Excalibur can be used (though not to their full power but enough that their effects can be replicated to a good extent).

I won't say anything more to avoid spoilers but what I said there is part of the reason why the Ainsworth use this system.
Feb 5, 2018 10:00 AM

Dec 2015
I saw the BD version, it's a pretty good adaptation with some nice cameos.
Feb 6, 2018 12:36 AM
Aug 2014
I thought this movie would be a loli-centric film, a fan-servicy of mediocrity. Man I was wrong, this movie is good, very good. I dare to say it's the true spiritual successor to Zero. Well Miyu's timeline is kinda sequel to Zero afterall.
Will the most hyped yet to be aired entry of the franchise, Heaven's Feel, be on the same quality. Even on the presentation level, it will be hard task since Silver Link did outstanding here.
Feb 6, 2018 4:34 AM

May 2015
im quite speechless :D
Feb 7, 2018 9:00 PM

Jan 2012
I loved the first hour on how they put some twist on the original story... then the "card collecting" part came. They definitely ran out of time so they decided to squeeze as much Fate ideas they can put in the last 30 minutes.

Fans would've appreciated it more if the movie ended after the Shinji battle then make a sequel movie about rescuing Miyu-chan. The tie in to the first season was forced AF. Little that Miyu know that her future would be filled with underage lesbian kisses!

Cool idea but sometimes its better to take risks and take your time to make something special

Even Shiro got cursed by the Black Keys!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Feb 7, 2018 10:25 PM

Aug 2010
NoobHunterD said:
I loved the first hour on how they put some twist on the original story... then the "card collecting" part came. They definitely ran out of time so they decided to squeeze as much Fate ideas they can put in the last 30 minutes.

Fans would've appreciated it more if the movie ended after the Shinji battle then make a sequel movie about rescuing Miyu-chan. The tie in to the first season was forced AF. Little that Miyu know that her future would be filled with underage lesbian kisses!

Cool idea but sometimes its better to take risks and take your time to make something special

What would they have gained with the additional runtime, though? They used the time to tell the story they needed to tell and stopped there. There's no sense in prolonging the events between the Shinji fight and Shirou heading to the cavern. There's nothing to expand on there.

Is there a reason you believe they should've had more runtime than they did?
astroprogsFeb 7, 2018 10:28 PM
Feb 7, 2018 11:00 PM

Jan 2012
astroprogs said:
NoobHunterD said:

What would they have gained with the additional runtime, though? They used the time to tell the story they needed to tell and stopped there. There's no sense in prolonging the events between the Shinji fight and Shirou heading to the cavern. There's nothing to expand on there.

Is there a reason you believe they should've had more runtime than they did?

I would love to see Emiya trying to justify his siscon ideals is more important than saving the world to his opponents for another 90 minutes
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Feb 7, 2018 11:25 PM

Aug 2010
NoobHunterD said:

I would love to see Emiya trying to justify his siscon ideals is more important than saving the world to his opponents for another 90 minutes

Why though? This would greatly kill the pacing and dilute the message.

The notion of caring more about one person you love than the world is a strong and simple one, so it's instantly relatable. The fact that they don't hammer us over the head with it over and over is a plus for the storytelling.
Actions speak louder than words, and even then they had Shirou explain his view perfectly in the final confrontation with Julian and again against Angelica to show his conviction against a strong moral ground (Julian) and in the face of an overwhelming unstoppable force (Angelica).
Feb 10, 2018 12:55 PM
Oct 2015
can we watch this movie without looking at Fate kaleid?
Feb 10, 2018 5:18 PM

Sep 2010
forever waiting on subs
Feb 11, 2018 4:15 AM

Aug 2010
2000shadow2000 said:
forever waiting on subs

Subs have been out for a while now. Search "Beast's Lair& Astro Subs [V2] Bluray".
Feb 13, 2018 7:07 PM

Feb 2014
This was a prequel, not a sequel. (But that is supposed to watch after the other Kaleid TV series and movies).
Feb 16, 2018 5:32 PM
May 2011
Saito91 said:
can we watch this movie without looking at Fate kaleid?

Yes, but you wouldn't understand why the world and servant battles are the way they are. So as long as you don't mind missing explanations for the setting, the story itself can stand alone.
Feb 16, 2018 8:17 PM

Jul 2015
As a huge Fate lover all I can say is this film is definitely the best adapted Fate material I have ever watched, surpassed my expectations by far, felt a bit rushed in some parts, but worth it. Overall Fate/Kaleid keep going as a solid series with good adaptations, bless Silver Link.
Feb 17, 2018 8:37 PM
Aug 2010
Silver Link made a pretty good update with the BD version. It's totally 9/10, nothing less... Maybe more!
Feb 18, 2018 1:32 PM

Feb 2014
Well, I'm a little disappointed. Not enough fanservice :P
Feb 26, 2018 1:49 PM
Jan 2013
This isnt 3rd series sequel, its 1st series prequel, so MAL is wrong. No Illya in Illya movie, even 7/10 is overstatement in that case.
Apr 2, 2018 12:07 PM
Dec 2010
It was better than I expected. And I expected it to be good.

The battles after Shinji weren't that interesting, but the plot was great. Though it can only be fully appreciated after reading/watching enitre FSN (including HF) and FZ, not to mention the main Kaleid series. The amount of references sometimes made it feel like fanfic which overly quotes the wiki, but I don't mind.

Unlimited Blade Works... with snow!? That's amazing. New chant was also a nice touch.

It's funny that this is the same Kotomine that later runs a ramen shop.

Where is Berserker? Did I miss him?

Sakura just before her death was starting to be likeable (and for Sakura, that's very rare).

I'm going to read the manga now.

I know It's probably not the case, but it would be cool twist if with that wish Shirou actually created the other world.
xizorApr 4, 2018 11:22 AM
Apr 8, 2018 8:50 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
DuniaDeltzu said:
Silver Link made a pretty good update with the BD version. It's totally 9/10, nothing less... Maybe more!

I heard many people where bitching since they saw the version previously to BDs coming out... it is what they get for watching poor cinema camrips I guess.

It was worth the wait for the BDs.
Silver Link exceeded themselves, the animation while not at level of UFO lastest was amazingly done. I only felt the music could have been strong early on.

They may have skipped a few scenes from the manga but in terms of sheer adaption, this is the best Silver Link ever done with the series, the art of the manga is still better but we couldnt ask for more than this.

It is on par with the arc of the manga itself. Amazing movie.
Best girl (Sakura) got RIPed all over again T_T

Best fucking Heaven's Feel till the real trilogy hits!

9.1/10 = 10
Apr 14, 2018 3:15 PM

Dec 2013
This was beautiful.

I don't need to say anything, really, Prillya is literally one of the best Fate ever made.

That ending music was perfect, when it got to the final part of the music and the instrumental from the first opening appeared... Damn, it was hard to hold off the tears.

You finally did it, Shirou.
You're my hero. ;_;

8/10.
Apr 15, 2018 11:08 PM

Nov 2009
otaq said:
This isnt 3rd series sequel, its 1st series prequel, so MAL is wrong. No Illya in Illya movie, even 7/10 is overstatement in that case.

No Illya in Illya movie.... true

however this is the "flashback" arc that's written in the Illya manga.

It was set after Illya 3rei series.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 1, 2018 6:08 AM
Feb 2009
was he supposed to be like Betelgeuse?
May 2, 2018 11:50 PM

Jan 2010
This felt like a theoretical Illya Route, except it's not Illya's story. Her name was in the title, but I think she got less than a minute of screen time. Damn, get wrecked.

Anyways, Shirou stole the show. In this film, he worked primarily alone, only really having Kirei as a source of general information and guidance. It felt like a lot of details were skimmed over, primarily those dealing with the 4th Holy Grail War and Kirei's reason for helping out. I'm also not entirely sure why Julian didn't make a greater effort to stop Shirou from making his wish after Shirou passed him in the caverns, but for what it's worth, I think this gave me my favorite animated version of Shirou so far. As a disclaimer, I haven't watched the adaptation for Heaven's Feel or that slice-of-life cooking show, so I'm not sure how Shirou was presented in those titles.

That said, I like the idea of Shirou taking everything onto himself and soloing the whole war. It makes the story feel a lot more concentrated and focused, though it does throw everything else aside in the process. I saw a lot of details, cameos, and references throughout, so I'm not sure how I would have liked this film had I not known about Type-Moon for as long as I have. Though, again, they go by really fast, and a lot of the film is left for visual interpretation. To that, however, I feel is a lot better, as I'd much rather guess at the meaning of certain scenes than have them explained. Plus, in exchange for the loss of details, I like that this Shirou, at the end, was fighting a losing battle. He technically won by stalling enough for Miyu to be teleported away, but he was consequently defeated and captured. It seemed like he knew he would be defeated, but thought of it as an acceptable price to save his sister. That's actually pretty cool.

Aug 8, 2018 1:09 PM

Feb 2013
Lol, he didn't let her outside for five years, that's cruel.
Shinji was lame as always.
Wow, I wasn't expecting to see Unlimited Blade Works, cool.
Shirou gave her a chance to find happiness, beautiful movie.
Aug 10, 2018 12:29 AM

Jul 2009
Amazing movie!! It's a prequel for the whole series. How Miyu ended up to Illya's world, who Emiya is to her, as well as the birth of the cards and install.

I don't understand how they could have just figured out the card thing? It seems they introduced it towards the end. If Kiritsugu knew about the cards,
he would have gotten his wish to save everyone. Also, Julian letting Emiya walk past by him to grant the wish. WTF was that all about?!

What I like about this movie is how serious and more grounded this is. I know the first few episodes of Illya were serious, but went happy go lucky towards
the latter seasons. So it's nice to see the original theme being implemented :)

So that's what happened to Sakura and others.

Emiya becoming the legendary no name hero. Honestly, I like the interpretation of "EMIYA" here and wouldn't object this to be his official canon lore when Emiya
became Archer in the future. He even owned all 7 servants so easily XD

Though, he's still no match to the original Gilgamesh unfortunately.

Anyways, so that's how Miyu met Saphire and Luvia. I really can't wait for the new season this year or next?

Good stuff!!
Aug 28, 2018 4:59 AM

May 2015
Best Fate adaptation to date. I love how miyuverse Shirou is essentially an tribute to FSN Shirou(especially HF). While some of more Shirou's subtle complexities are skimmed over, he still retains the distinctive factor that makes him Shirou. I personally only got into Fate/Kaleid for these moments in the movie and they were worth it through and through. 9/10

Nov 4, 2018 7:21 AM

Apr 2013
So it was finally the complete backstory of Miyu, I was confused at first in what universe the story played. But it all made sense in the end, though of course 3rei already spoiled a lot of stuff. It was good.
Nov 5, 2018 8:28 PM

May 2014
Definitely enjoyed this, adds a lot of content to the main series, especially season 3. Now I feel like rewatching the series again.

9/10 from me.
Dec 15, 2018 11:32 AM

Aug 2018
Amazing movie
prisma illya s5 when
Dec 19, 2018 5:47 AM

Jan 2015
After watching this not sure what prillya fanboys were hyping this so much. It was okay , i guess.
Best adaptation to date though? Ehhh, doesnt speak highly for source material then. Then again maybe it really was supposed to feel just merely a flashback (since it was) , abridged version of the story that it was, but it doesnt compare to any of the standalone routes of FSN, we can really only compare specific events and outcomes which one may prefer. It's too compressed and lacks proper build up, tension or foreshadowing. So it doesn't deliver the impact it could've.

As for animation, even BDs have a lot of shortcomings, it just feels like cheap ufotable knockoff which doesnt do anything better. I'd rather they tried to do what they do best, and showed off a different style like what Apocrypha did.

The writing though, the power levels confuse me still, are they supposed to be as strong as heroic spirits or not? Because that was some wet noodle Enuma Elish that couldn't finish off a human. It's hard to explain a lot of stuff that happens, it's cool though and happens quickly. And the interpretation of nasuverse presented was kind of a mess.

I'm basically more critical of this because of the many ppl who suggested it was either 'greatest adaptation'/'greatest shirou'/'greatest route", and it kind of fell short in that regard. It is better than the rest of prillya though, so there is that.
Jan 9, 2019 9:57 PM

Feb 2013
Gator said:
So it was finally the complete backstory of Miyu, I was confused at first in what universe the story played. But it all made sense in the end, though of course 3rei already spoiled a lot of stuff. It was good.

You're actually supposed to watch 3rei before this.
Jan 10, 2019 12:09 AM

Apr 2013
Raydnt said:
Gator said:

You're actually supposed to watch 3rei before this.

I always watch in release order though, didn't even know that a movie was planned when I watched 3rei ^^
Feb 16, 2019 4:26 AM

Sep 2018
A bit slow in the narration of this film, despite this, the plot has been able to be interesting thanks to the fact that it has given answers to the doubts that arose during the vision of the three seasons of the series of "Fate / Kaleid". The various fights were not bad, the best was that of Emiya against Assassin, but the quality of the animations and the CG, was just enough and not excellent. Instead the backgrounds were really well designed.

8/10
Mar 8, 2019 4:58 PM

Dec 2009
I'm rather split on how i feel about this movie. It felt slow but rushed, it felt good but awkward, it felt serious but it also made me cringe at some of it's shit...

I can't say it's masterful really.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
May 7, 2019 2:41 PM

Dec 2009
That was so edgy, in the bad way, i'm an edgelord and this was just so try hard it was kinda funny, but it didn't get to so bad it's good. Shit ton of exposition during 80% of the movie, then mediocre fights with bad CG and suddenly an inconsequential boss rush against generic dudes cosplaying as the servants we actually like.
Finally a fight against waifu Gilgamesh that's is just a worse version than the UBW tv show.
Grim1952May 7, 2019 2:45 PM
May 26, 2019 2:24 PM

Dec 2012
Kiritsugu!
Miyu?
Za Warudo.
Sakatsuki Miyu.
Miyu turns 6 tomorrow.
Kiritsugu didn't survive.
5 years later.
Julian.
Sakura.
Trace on.
Miyu wants to be Shirou's real imouto?
Miyu's eyes changed.
Erika.
Sakura.
Shirou into loli's. Julian's face.
The graves.
Shirou tells Miyu the truth.
Julian appears.
Erika is also there.
Miyu pantsu.
Julian caused it.
Angelica and her oppai are here.
Kotomine... Kirei.
The Holy Grail War? 5 years ago?
Shirou's eyes.
Sakura.
The Holy Grail War has started again.
Sakura has Gil.
She's giving it to Shirou.
Sakura got hit.
Shinji.
Shinji hit her with the "Get over here!"
Dat transformation.
Sakura loves Shirou.
Sakura is going to use Gil.

And that was the end... or should I say beginning. lol Great movie. Nice ED song. I must say this Shirou might be my favorite Shirou with EMIYA.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Watching Fate kaleid liner prisma illya oath under snow movie without knowing almost everything.

jacklim92 - Nov 10, 2017

30 by Swagernator »»
Dec 10, 2021 2:28 AM

» Why Angelica’s logic is stupid

Firehazard105 - Oct 22, 2020

4 by trinity_frost »»
Dec 10, 2021 1:32 AM

» Fix this

39sebascq - Nov 22, 2017

37 by Alexioos95 »»
Aug 31, 2021 12:38 PM

» Can I watch this?

QuarioX - May 22, 2020

2 by POCHBOOT »»
May 11, 2021 1:51 AM

» Ilya's world Sakura

MLXIX - May 11, 2018

2 by SomeGuyWithHair »»
May 23, 2020 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.