Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
May 14, 2014 4:06 AM

Oct 2013
Only in Japan a sister would fell in love with her brother,that is common in anime.

Jun 16, 2014 7:40 AM

May 2014
It doesn't seem that Celty's head knows it has a body. And why is Mikado always getting in the way? Anyway, the action is starting! :D
Jun 16, 2014 7:57 AM

Jan 2011
DaydreamHero said:
Creepy... A sister obsessed with her brother, a guy obsessed with a ...head, another guy possibly obsessed with a headless immortal being, and Izaya is just having a ball manipulating everyone...

True dat! You basically summarized the whole story of these characters, lol.

The pen battle was epic.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 30, 2014 9:33 PM
Jul 2018
This anime is getting so good!!

Mimiko said:
Ballpen stabbing, motobike chasing, shizuo throwning people again, cute lolie Namie, Izaya and Namie meets, Izaya's love for human speech and spinning like a kid..

ah... I'm sold for this episode. Nothing more to say ~

haha Well said!
The way Shizuo got pens stabbed and stuck through his legs and his hand and didn't even care was pretty awesome lol

Aggron said:
Major brother complex and one hell of a fucked up woman.

xD Seriously

The story is really starting to kick in!
Aug 22, 2014 2:38 PM

Jul 2014
Holy shit, this is all so twisted.
Aug 25, 2014 9:38 PM
Oct 2013
That got very demented very fast. Both of the Yagiris, just no.

Notes on top of that: After a murder you eat a cup of noodles, seems legit. Izaya is being amusing, but this is the second time they've implied he may not be human, which makes me question what exactly he IS.I couldn't tell, who is Mika-Celty texting? I appreciate that SOMEONE thought this through well enough to question what you do after you find the girl with the head, Sinra is my favorite. Souji seems a little too practiced with though...

One more thing, my chronology is getting a little confused, didn't something very similar to this happen in the first episode? With Mika-Celty and Mikaru that is.
guini_mitsukuniAug 25, 2014 9:44 PM
Sep 20, 2014 9:55 AM

Jul 2014
omg, i swear, this anime has everything. It has the most unique characters, the best couples, great action scenes, amazing plots, amazing dialogue, great visuals, and izaya <3.
Oct 25, 2014 12:42 AM

Apr 2014
finally Celty met her head and i'm starting to like izaya more and more
Jan 9, 2015 5:48 PM

Oct 2013
Shizuo is awesome!! Totally going on my fav character list

LOOK AT HIM! HE'S GOT A PEN IN HIS HAND!!!

and he calmly says "ahh..I'll start bleeding if I remove this right? ....better get a bandaid first...maybe some super glue is better..Yes super glue is much better!!!!

I wish Mikado didn't save Celty's head....I want Celty to reclaim her head already!!!!!!
Jan 12, 2015 12:58 AM

May 2013
Celty's head is pretty selfish. I mean, Namie's uncle loves Celty's head and so does Seiji, but Celty's head doesn't want to share Seiji one bit with Namie. At least Namie gets to meet Izaya. But to be honest, Seiji and Namie are creepy siblings.

Oh shit, Mika was killed by Seiji.
Lol, Seiji just pen stabbed Shizuo. You're going to regret that, Seiji.
"Leave this to me! You go on ahead!" Totally cool line, Shizuo. Lol, he just threw Seiji.

Meanwhile, Mikado takes home Celty's head, who's texting Izaya.
What's with Seiji anyway? Why do Mika and Namie love him so much?
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Feb 10, 2015 11:27 PM

Feb 2015
Seji and his sister are a bunch of fcking freaks i cant wait for the headless girl to beat up seji and take back her head.
Feb 10, 2015 11:45 PM

Feb 2015
Hias said:
I think it was alright. The episode bugged me more though, Seiji and his sister are fucking freaks.

I agree. and Celty's head is a POS.
Feb 10, 2015 11:46 PM

Dec 2012
Interesting episode!
[right]
"The big secret to breaking the rules is to make it look as though you're following them."
Feb 18, 2015 7:42 PM

Jul 2013
I laughed at Shizuo's reaction when he took a pen to the leg, he was like "Huh?" hahaha!
Seiji and his sister Namie are pretty weird.
Feb 18, 2015 7:54 PM

Oct 2011
Girl with the blond hair is interesting, though the show already has females with little to no emotion.

Though her explanations were great. Had to go back a couple of times and do a quick wikipedia search on what she said.

I enjoyed the episode. Though the pacing was a little slow, I think I am going to really enjoy this season.
May 30, 2015 2:43 PM

Mar 2015
"Ugh, this'll just start bleeding if i pull it out. Best i get a band-aid. Or maybe some super glue will do it."

How exactly would superglue help
Jun 19, 2015 6:07 AM

Jul 2014
lol he fell in love with her head. So that means that Shinra is in love with Celty's body despite not having a head and Seiji is in love with the head despite not having a body (initially). That's messed-up.

4/5
Jul 17, 2015 4:10 PM

Mar 2012
That's one messed up love triangle lol.
Sep 15, 2015 12:02 AM

Jul 2014
THAT was intense! *~*

So the body is in love with that Doc guy and the head is in love with Seiji? Omg, I can't wait to see her getting her head back!

And Shizuyo-san is awesome, like always! :3

Next episode preview looked great!

And I don't really ship the brother-sister creepy love e.e
Sep 27, 2015 12:38 PM

Oct 2013
All that for a brother complex lol

Seiji really annoys me, the fact that he doesn't even care that he killed someone, only the fact that his new lover has Celty's head and he can now be with her outside a glass container. He doesn't know anything about her, I feel like if anything she only loves him because she was his stalker.

Celty is my favorite, I really want her to get her head back @__@
Oct 8, 2015 9:28 AM

Jul 2015
Great fucking ! Epic Episode
Jan 6, 2016 9:27 PM

May 2013
Shi-kun, kakkoii <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Idk about Namie's incest feelings, but I guess I understand if that was the only male near your age that you've ever been in contact with..... lol.... Still egh though :3
Jan 9, 2016 8:07 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Wow, that got really f-ed up! Seiji killed Harima and put Celty's head on Harima's body O.O

Izaya was pure win at the end.

5/5
Jan 19, 2016 2:09 PM

Jul 2014
My face during the entire episode: o_0
Feb 22, 2016 3:23 AM

Jun 2012
You know, it's kind of odd... even though Shinra loves the body... his love seems to be much more pure. Normally you would think the body would mean he just loves her for her body.

But Seiji seems to only love her literally just for her looks... because he fell in love with her before she was ever able to speak to him or anything. And like he said he loves her for no particular reason... for years, without knowing a single thing about her, such as her voice, attitude, morals, or personal desires. Just for her face.

Whereas Shinra fell in love with her as he grew up with her and learned more about her. I mean there's plenty more to be said about his side... but it just seems like Shinra actually loves her for who she is, rather than what she is or what she looks like.

Essentially, Shinra loves her for her heart (which happens to be in her body), and Seiji seems to love her just for her face.

k0k0 said:
OrochiPL said:

It's a japanese anime based on japanese novel. I'm more and more convinced that incest isn't anything abnormal in Japan.

The fact that it's not abnormal is freaky. I'll try to see it in a 'brotherly/sisterly love' way.
I know this was 6 years ago but damn... what? Because there are characters in some Japanese series that partake in, or lust for, incest that makes it an accepted thing in Japan? It's just as illegal in Japan as it is pretty much anywhere else. You might as well say that America accepts incestual relationships because Cersei and Jamie Lannister from Game of Thrones are banging.

I mean, how do you even vaguely see some kind of symbolism suggesting that incest is accepted here? I mean even Izaya said "Wow, that's messed up." ...a guy who has shown to consider humans as playthings and tricked a girl into trying to kill herself.

If nothing else, they portrayed the sister with incestual desires as being insane here, going so far as to convince her brother it was ok when he murdered someone just so she could try to earn his affection. Last I checked all this episode's insanity from both Seiji and his sister is not widely accepted.
HalibelTheEspadaFeb 22, 2016 12:17 PM
Feb 28, 2016 2:41 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty sure that the girl Seiji is in love now has that stalkers consciousness...
Jul 16, 2016 6:48 AM

Mar 2015
OP Animation - 3.5/5

Incest-o Onee-san <3

Is ballpen possible to pierce through?

If Celty Caught Harima, she will chop her head to regain her head?

3.3/5
Sep 7, 2016 11:38 AM

Oct 2013
Well that's a new board game. Yeah why not just put together shogi, go, and chess
Nov 6, 2016 12:30 PM

Nov 2015

Wow, another good episode full of impact!
Good that Celty managed to recognize her of head but it's true what Shinra says... What is she going to do? Separate the head from that body? She has her head in another place, she needs to rest and think this straight.
The plot is unraveling and in the same time entangling with the other individual plots.

Amazing!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• Mika throwing Seiji's phone into the water (in such a cute way) was so Yandere-ish.. like "you are not talking with other female but me ever again..."

• Ok, Seiji is weirder than I expected...WAY weirder...
    And her sister Namie doesn't escape from that same judgement. Both are crazy AF. One falling for her little brother, and the other falling for a head...and then killing.

• «Go after her... heh, I always wanted to say this "leave this to me"» xD Shizuo is amazing jajaja.
Nov 19, 2016 10:05 PM

Sep 2013
Really good episode. The pieces have finally come together and I can see where all the hints were leading up to the main plot now.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 2, 2016 1:48 AM

May 2012
Oh my. So this episode had hints at incest and necrophilia (kind of). I just came off watching the monogatari series so this subtle incest doesn't really bother me. However, I've never ever enjoyed incest in any form of entertainment so I hope the incest isn't focused on too much or used in any fanservice (again, monogatari).

Apart from that this episode was great, it seems like all the characters and their respective plots are starting to converge. The shows picking up now and I'm enjoying it alot more. :]
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2017 4:01 PM

Mar 2016
This is so twisted and I like it. Shizuo is the man. Izaya getting a kick out of manipulating everyone, this man lol to begin with, he conducted the disappearance and is keeping tabs on the situation through mika by using the name Nakura .
Jul 20, 2017 5:29 AM

Jun 2016
I wish it's possible to remove the 3 students. Idk why but I seriously can't stand those three. Haha. I only want episodes with Celty, Izaya, Shizuo, and Shinra. What a good episode! I hope Celty will be able to get her head back. Hoping...

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 14, 2017 8:34 AM
Dec 2012
Hopefully Celty gets her head back but I don't see that happening for some reason.

Izaya's involvement is suspicious but he just seems to be having fun.

Not sure why Seiji refers to her as Celty. His sister certainly isn't accepting the relationship any longer. Since she wants to have no regrets. Either way one of them will be unhappy.

Nov 5, 2017 7:34 PM

Sep 2016
Loli Namie this episode, also Izaya's speech flawless as always, pretty confusing time-line frames, but i got it at the end of episode after all.
Excellent episode overall.
May 18, 2018 10:53 PM
Jul 2018
Ok so Seji is now on my to die list along with his creepy sister.
Dec 27, 2018 5:29 PM

Jun 2015
i dont get whats with anime and the sisters falling in love with their brother.. downright creepy.
hope celty will get her head back and those two siblings will go off somewhere else, i dont really like them
Aug 15, 2019 8:05 AM

May 2016
Onee-san lost her conquest for a hot and steamy romance with her little brother to a severed head of all things yet she knowingly kept on making his bond towards Mika-Celty even stronger in hopes that something really bad will happen to her and have Seiji pour all those pent-up feelings all over her thirsty ass. She might get what she wanted eventually if Celty ever decides to take back what's hers but who knows about what might happen next~?

It's unfortunate that Mika was killed but going into someone's bedroom without permission is a huge no-no. Even though getting stabbed by pens that deeply didn't faze Shizuo, that looked severely painful for me... His pen knees are showing lmao

Apr 23, 2020 11:04 PM

Feb 2018
Izaya is the best, lol.
May 10, 2020 5:06 AM

Apr 2013
Shizuo gets looked at by someone whose face he doesn't like:
"I kill you!"
Shizuo gets stabbed multiple times by someone who he likes better than the person he despises the most:
"I'll leave you with a headnut that won't even make you unconscious for a whole minute"

Yeah, greatly written characters so far...
Aug 6, 2020 10:12 PM
Oct 2019
Wtf was that?

A sister in love with and obsessed with her brother. Barf. Why does anime always do this stupid crap?

Then that same brother is obsessed with a freaking bodiless head. A head, by the way, that apparently was functionally "asleep", and never looked at him or spoke to him until very recently.

Then that a-hole doctor guy who is obsessed and in love with the headless body, who's been searching for her head for YEARS. But he's been telling her she doesn't need a head, because he now knows where her head is located. He almost certainly wants to maintain Celty's partial dependence on him.

MESSED UP.

Yo, stalker girl. Don't break into people's homes...

I wonder how you play that boardgame, not that I know how to play shogi or go, though.

It's good that the various stories are starting to align, but I'm still not loving this, and I'm concerned where this is headed if these disgusting love triangles persist.
HagePotPotatoAug 6, 2020 11:15 PM
Dec 12, 2020 1:55 PM

May 2016
I wish the story focus on something other than these sister and brother.
Mar 26, 2021 5:59 PM

Aug 2014
So he has a cute older sister after him, lucky bastard
Aug 17, 2021 3:59 AM

Aug 2017
Dude killed her stalker and now they are using Celty's head in that dead body. LOL.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 10, 2021 6:05 AM

May 2020
That's some twisted sibling love we just witnessed, both are freaking retarded. Hope they get what they deserve.
Aug 11, 2022 5:55 AM
Jun 2020
niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Aug 13, 2022 5:45 AM

May 2018
With a sister like that Seiji should just marry her instead lol
Nov 6, 2022 9:40 PM
Apr 2020
It was really good and I enjoyed it.
Jan 4, 2023 10:05 AM
Mar 2020
Very interesting episode. Glad we know who's pulling the strings now too... I should've known. Also, will Celty be able to get what she wants? Finally, what Izaya craves is what gets me. Why does he want that? Also, what he wants isn't necessarily what he's "getting" or "making." Crazy to also see the older sister and her motivations for what she does. Interesting, but terrifying.
Jan 14, 2023 9:09 AM
May 2020
izaya planned for all of this episode's events. quite the calculating character
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

234 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

456 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.