Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 24, 2010 10:00 PM

Mar 2009
Best episode yet. Kanata was damn cute.
Jul 25, 2010 2:19 PM

Feb 2010
So she pissed herself in the end... Uhm, what?
Nov 18, 2010 9:27 PM

Sep 2010
Poor Kanata; so cute.
And lol at the old man falling in the bras and underwear and being treated like a child.
Dec 1, 2010 3:42 PM

Jun 2009
Utter waste of a potentially good episode. Did they really need to fall so low and make the whole episode about sitting there waiting for the darn phone to ring and not being able to go to the bathroom…? And, also, throw in there random fan service moments? That’s just disappointing.

Yumina sure has a thing for cosplaying…
Rio talking to her father (I’m assuming that’s him) must mean something, and I think it got some conection to Iliya’s mission; I hope they get to the plot.
AnisamarDec 1, 2010 3:53 PM
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Dec 12, 2010 9:53 PM

Aug 2010
I'm guessing she peed herself at the end.

What the fuck am I watching.
Feb 1, 2011 10:52 AM

Jul 2009
Omg.. It's the first time when I see that kinda hentai fanservice >_< But sorry, I liked it. Kanata was so overcute... I can't deal with it :3
Apr 10, 2012 7:19 PM
Nov 2011
I've been wondering for a while. The Master Sergeant Rio plays like the girl (we believe to be the princess) that Kanata heard before. What if she is the princess in disguise? Who knows.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Sep 4, 2012 12:58 AM

Sep 2011
Oh god at that ending. O_O

Anyways, Kanata looked really cute in that outfit! ^^
Oct 2, 2012 6:28 PM

Nov 2011
That was a pretty funny episode. I guess its getting a bit better =P.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jan 28, 2013 2:45 PM

Sep 2011
Kind of meh episode after ep7. Kanata was pretty cute throughout, but nothing more than that. The ending was both funny and sad though.

After ep7.5 and this I can safely say the creators have some weird ways to put in weird fetishes in the anime :S

I agree that it was probably her dad calling. I'm interested in what he meant, hopefully something more serious.
Feb 22, 2013 3:55 PM

Jan 2013
Bitches, they have super advance displays in the mechs but not a wireless phone.
Apr 5, 2013 11:08 AM

Jan 2013
kerlyenai said:
How to get people's hopes up and crush them? See episode 8 for instructions. Seriously, what a waste of time.

I hope the authors were just being stupid and random and not trying to satisfy some weird fan fetish (a year ago the idea would not even have come to mind but having watched some very bad anime I am now quite suspicious).

Another thing, isn't Kanata a bit too simple minded for her age? At that point it ceases to be funny and becomes somewhat disturbing.

True. I was looking forward to watching this anime, now It's just become annoying and stupid. I am only not dropping because I keep saying "it's gonna get better" and then it kind of does, (like ep 7) and then they make an entire episode about a freaking phone call!!! WTF???
"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
May 11, 2013 3:53 AM

Sep 2012
So so. The interesting part was the end. Who Rio really is ?
Sep 13, 2013 9:43 PM

Dec 2012
Stop it Kanata, stooop. She's too irresistibly adorable, especially when she lights up and smiles.

Another fun episode, the ending was hilarious when Filicia is like "you're so spoiled" and they pick Kanata up. No luck for her cause she missed the phone call too, which apparently has now raised a bigger question - who is the man on the phone?
Nov 6, 2013 7:09 PM

Jun 2013
MarianthiK said:
kerlyenai said:
How to get people's hopes up and crush them? See episode 8 for instructions. Seriously, what a waste of time.

I hope the authors were just being stupid and random and not trying to satisfy some weird fan fetish (a year ago the idea would not even have come to mind but having watched some very bad anime I am now quite suspicious).

Another thing, isn't Kanata a bit too simple minded for her age? At that point it ceases to be funny and becomes somewhat disturbing.

True. I was looking forward to watching this anime, now It's just become annoying and stupid. I am only not dropping because I keep saying "it's gonna get better" and then it kind of does, (like ep 7) and then they make an entire episode about a freaking phone call!!! WTF???

This is honestly the most frustrating anime I've ever seen. They have an interesting world set up, a likable enough cast, and glimpses of brilliance (ep 7), but they keep wasting time instead of getting to the damn plot already. They've had more than enough episodes for character introductions, but they spend 95% of this episode going nowhere.

I'm not going to say this episode wasn't entertaining, since it was charming enough, if not kind of weird at the end, but this show could honestly be brilliant if it just finally stopped wasting time. We're already eight episodes in! They've got only four left to finally tell the damn story they've been building up to already.
Dec 3, 2013 3:16 AM

Jul 2013
MaiPace said:
MarianthiK said:
kerlyenai said:

This is honestly the most frustrating anime I've ever seen. They have an interesting world set up, a likable enough cast, and glimpses of brilliance (ep 7), but they keep wasting time instead of getting to the damn plot already. They've had more than enough episodes for character introductions, but they spend 95% of this episode going nowhere.

I'm not going to say this episode wasn't entertaining, since it was charming enough, if not kind of weird at the end, but this show could honestly be brilliant if it just finally stopped wasting time. We're already eight episodes in! They've got only four left to finally tell the damn story they've been building up to already.

Yeah after watching episode 8, it doesn't feel anywhere close to the finale. I mean that in a good and bad way esp. how some people pointed out already we're 8 episodes in and only hinted that war might resume again if the peace talks keep breaking down further. Kanata hella fucking kawaii in that dress and I love her adorable personality. I think I'll call her from now on Steki-chan because she loves using that word.
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Dec 23, 2013 10:11 PM
Aug 2012
lol at the priest being reprimanded
lol at the very end
Jan 25, 2014 10:52 AM

Jan 2013
The moe and seriousness isn't mixing well for me. It's hard to take the drama seriously when we have cute girl antics going on. That's not to say I'm not enjoying the show though.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jun 14, 2014 6:02 PM

May 2012
That poor girl :| pretty nice episode though! Let's see what's next.
Jan 1, 2015 8:46 AM

Dec 2010
I don't know how Kana deseved this, the whole episode felt like some kind of sadistic torture over her.
May 26, 2015 10:35 PM

Jul 2013
Like moth to a flame.
Jun 19, 2015 8:06 PM

Apr 2014
hilarious.
Kanata is so simple and dutiful i love it
in terms if maturity - i cant place her age and it obviously seems to be a different world/society so the behavioral expectations are definitely different in this little world

i think this series is best if you try not to take it too seriously - its cute and funny, so just leave it at that

Sep 21, 2015 6:59 PM

May 2012
i cant really tell what this shows trying to do lol, one moment its all dark and what not then the next cute girls are wetting themselves, an amusing episode none the less though
Nov 6, 2015 5:56 PM

Jul 2014
>making an episode about waiting for a phone call and holding it in

Seriously though, this was the dumbest, most immature, most cringeworthy, most unfunny and most flat-out pointless anime episode I've seen since Infinite Stratos season 2 episode 6.

Kanata is fucking stupid as well. There was a bucket right there, for Christ's sake...! She even noticed it, why the fuck didn't she use it?!

The whole thing was pointless. There was no reason for water to get spilled on the clothes other than for her to have to wear an overly-cutesy dress or some shit.

Not to mention, the whole thing was rendered moot because Rio was the one who ended up answering the phone anyway. If it was absolutely necessary that she be the one who pick up the phone, why couldn't they have had Kanata fall asleep or something as justification?

I may give a lot of negative criticism to K-On, but at least it never pulled anything like this!

So we got an insultingly stupid, boring, unfunny and immature shaggy dog story, and for what? Just so we would get to see some idiot girl in an overly-cutesy dress trying not to piss herself as a form of moe moe fanservice bullshit. Blow me.

And of course, the people at Sankaku Complex just ate it up like the dog shit it is. I know that place isn't exactly a bastion of intelligence, but still. Fucking hell.

There's nothing wrong with following up a plot-heavy episode with a semi-filler comedic episode. The first Fullmetal Alchemist anime, for all its flaws, did this. Code Geass did this.

However, at least those episodes had some good character moments and their placement made sense within the narrative. They contributed more to the story rather than just pointless filler besides 30 seconds of plot at the very end. They weren't immature and cringeworthy to watch.

You can't have an episode about the horrors of war, showing what happened in the backstory which made most of the world an uninhabitable post-apocalyptic wasteland, as well as having a dead corpse speak to a character who is about to commit suicide from despair, and then follow it up with an episode about a girl wearing an overly-cutesy dress trying not to piss herself, that's horrible storytelling!

1/5

AlexSadist-sama said:

Well, there's no accounting for taste.

Then again, what else should I have expected considering your username...
D-ohnutsNov 7, 2015 9:28 AM
Feb 13, 2016 6:26 PM

Jul 2013
This is probably the worst and most boring episode I've seen from this series, bloody hell now i'm thinking about dropping this anime. First episode was so promising though.
Dec 2, 2016 3:09 AM

Mar 2015
All about waiting phone call. Kanata can pee at the restroom since it is very low probability that the call will happen while peeing. Its just 30 seconds!

Priest on the undies!! Good!

3/5
Jul 13, 2017 6:46 AM

Oct 2012
Isn't that just defeat the purpose of having telephone?
Kanata, you don't have to stare it :P

Since when Rio have black hair?
Telephone crisis is real, poor father xD

RIP Kanata's image xD
"Signature removed"
Nov 2, 2017 6:10 PM

Feb 2012
Seiya, still the Tsundere, we can see your blush

So the apocalypse wiped out most telephones as well as Kanji.
Fortress_MaximusNov 12, 2017 1:37 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 29, 2017 8:20 PM
Nov 2010
frequency15k said:
i cant really tell what this shows trying to do lol, one moment its all dark and what not then the next cute girls are wetting themselves, an amusing episode none the less though
D-ohnuts said:
>making an episode about waiting for a phone call and holding it in

Seriously though, this was the dumbest, most immature, most cringeworthy, most unfunny and most flat-out pointless anime episode I've seen since Infinite Stratos season 2 episode 6.

Kanata is fucking stupid as well. There was a bucket right there, for Christ's sake...! She even noticed it, why the fuck didn't she use it?!

The whole thing was pointless. There was no reason for water to get spilled on the clothes other than for her to have to wear an overly-cutesy dress or some shit.

Not to mention, the whole thing was rendered moot because Rio was the one who ended up answering the phone anyway. If it was absolutely necessary that she be the one who pick up the phone, why couldn't they have had Kanata fall asleep or something as justification?

I may give a lot of negative criticism to K-On, but at least it never pulled anything like this!

So we got an insultingly stupid, boring, unfunny and immature shaggy dog story, and for what? Just so we would get to see some idiot girl in an overly-cutesy dress trying not to piss herself as a form of moe moe fanservice bullshit. Blow me.

And of course, the people at Sankaku Complex just ate it up like the dog shit it is. I know that place isn't exactly a bastion of intelligence, but still. Fucking hell.

There's nothing wrong with following up a plot-heavy episode with a semi-filler comedic episode. The first Fullmetal Alchemist anime, for all its flaws, did this. Code Geass did this.

However, at least those episodes had some good character moments and their placement made sense within the narrative. They contributed more to the story rather than just pointless filler besides 30 seconds of plot at the very end. They weren't immature and cringeworthy to watch.

You can't have an episode about the horrors of war, showing what happened in the backstory which made most of the world an uninhabitable post-apocalyptic wasteland, as well as having a dead corpse speak to a character who is about to commit suicide from despair, and then follow it up with an episode about a girl wearing an overly-cutesy dress trying not to piss herself, that's horrible storytelling!

1/5

AlexSadist-sama said:

Well, there's no accounting for taste.

Then again, what else should I have expected considering your username...
Pedophilism said:
This is probably the worst and most boring episode I've seen from this series, bloody hell now i'm thinking about dropping this anime. First episode was so promising though.

Feels 😂

I've gone this far hoping something interesting would happen... I've given up hope but I might as well finish. A few funny moments. I'll just accept this purely as a SoL anime without any action or music now. (Unless some wild shit happens in the next ep)
Aug 26, 2018 5:01 AM
Sep 2015
Rayl1ght said:
Since when Rio have black hair?
Telephone crisis is real, poor father xD

Ikr her hair is more like blue to me?
Oct 8, 2018 5:41 PM

Apr 2015
Someone on the staff really wanted to see Kanata wet herself in a child’s dress.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 7, 2019 9:11 PM

Nov 2013
Kanata looked cute in that dress.

Whoever was behind this episode must really have a pee fetish (myself included). ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That phone call was interesting. Sounds like shit is going to get serious soon.

I lol'd when Noel was found sleeping in the bathroom.

A slower episode, but I quite liked it. It had some funny moments and Kanata was super cute.

8/10

Oct 22, 2019 6:29 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Boring episode but the end was really funny xD I guess she wet herself afterall
Nov 15, 2019 4:55 AM

Mar 2016

That spill strangely looks too much like Australia

Jan 15, 2020 9:37 AM

Feb 2015
Kaito said:

Noticed that too immediately lmao

She's wearing khakis as Steve Irwin did just for a very ambiguous reference it seems.
Jan 24, 2021 2:33 AM

Mar 2018
Kaito said:

*Insert But if you close your eyes meme here*

May 1, 2021 4:38 PM

Aug 2017
Nothing happens in this episode except for that important call. And the priest knows Rio from somewhere.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 1, 2022 9:17 AM

Nov 2017
Another fun episode like the previous one (7.5, I mean). Kanata is on telephone duty.

Rio apparently has a fanbase. Oooooh, waifu, waifu!~ Her convo with the person on the phone has piqued my curiosity.

Hopefully Kanata was able to not have an accident if you know what I mean
Mar 5, 2022 7:33 AM
Aug 2021
Was the part where kanata holds her pee intended to be a comedic moment? I really don't get it.
Cabbage_CatMar 5, 2022 7:42 AM
Oct 28, 2023 12:28 AM

Dec 2022
Funniest episode yet. Also Rio blushing because of Kanata in the dress was funny.

Jan 6, 2:27 AM
Aug 2023
boring !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Nakei - Feb 1, 2010

118 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nakei - Jan 18, 2010

160 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 25, 10:15 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kerlyenai - Feb 15, 2010

142 by James-LastOmnic »»
Jan 19, 9:11 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maximatum99 - Mar 22, 2010

264 by SX6 »»
Jan 17, 11:28 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

SFB - Mar 15, 2010

219 by antoninus_v »»
Oct 30, 2023 6:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.