Forum Settings
Forums

Best Seiyuu Ranking Selected by 200 Seiyuu

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 16, 2017 1:11 AM

Mar 2008
Rei366 said:
After reading the Anime-now article about it, I want to watch this 3hours long show!

You can watch it on Youtube if you search for 声優総選挙 (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link here).

Rei366 said:
After reading more commentaries here, I wonder how "anime-fans" can ignore who Hayashibara is (her roles, the fact she was kind of a prototype for the "seiyûs craze" of today).

Good question. Probably a combination of most MAL members being very young and her having been relatively out of the spotlight for 10+ years. Trends can change very fast. But yeah, it seems rather unbelievable.
Jan 16, 2017 2:12 AM
Mar 2011
pandora18 said:
Rei366 said:
After reading the Anime-now article about it, I want to watch this 3hours long show!

You can watch it on Youtube if you search for 声優総選挙 (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link here).

Rei366 said:
After reading more commentaries here, I wonder how "anime-fans" can ignore who Hayashibara is (her roles, the fact she was kind of a prototype for the "seiyûs craze" of today).

Good question. Probably a combination of most MAL members being very young and her having been relatively out of the spotlight for 10+ years. Trends can change very fast. But yeah, it seems rather unbelievable.

people who care about seiyuu should care about daijin shes tthe head of the seiyuu union
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jan 16, 2017 2:34 AM

Mar 2008
DateYutaka said:

people who care about seiyuu should care about daijin shes tthe head of the seiyuu union

But do people truly care about seiyuu on here? It seems to me that most are just vaguely interested in who voiced a popular character that they liked. That's not quite the same thing.
Jan 16, 2017 12:30 PM

Mar 2015
I somewhat glad that HanaKana is not in this list. Don't get me wrong, I love her voice and all, but she's pretty much the same voice in almost every of her character. I mean, her character is pretty much the "waifu voice" (which I obviously love, since she's in my favorites)

Only other time she sounded different was probably playing Kuroneko/Kobato with their weird personality and probably that crazy bitch from Akame ga Kill.

Jan 18, 2017 2:18 AM
Mar 2016
DarklordVor said:
I somewhat glad that HanaKana is not in this list. Don't get me wrong, I love her voice and all, but she's pretty much the same voice in almost every of her character. I mean, her character is pretty much the "waifu voice" (which I obviously love, since she's in my favorites)
For me, I always give her a special pass when she used the same voice again. She also has different voices in Mouretsu Pirates and Nourin. But I normally hate it when I hear the same voice again and again (special mention: Saori Hayami).
But seriously, this is a poll on seiyuus, so the veterans (or the anime characters the veterans voiced) whom the seiyuus looked up when they are young will be expected to top the poll. HanaKana just got popular like less than a decade ago.
Rei366 said:
The seiyuus are polled, not anime fans, so it's expected that the seiyuu craze today (if you mean 2000's or at least late 90's) are less relevant, but it could become more relevant after 10 years. But if you meant MAL comments, I saw one here.
Jan 18, 2017 5:21 PM

Jul 2012
pandora18 said:
DateYutaka said:

But do people truly care about seiyuu on here? It seems to me that most are just vaguely interested in who voiced a popular character that they liked. That's not quite the same thing.
Yes? There's plenty of western fans who like seiyuu not just for their roles lol
Jan 19, 2017 1:08 AM

Mar 2008
Mayuka said:
Yes? There's plenty of western fans who like seiyuu not just for their roles lol

I know those people exist. I'm one of them XD

But frankly, judging from the comments here and who tops the favorite people list on MAL, I'd say it's more of a matter of who voices currently popular characters, who looks the best in the magazines or crap like that. The people who are truly knowledgeable about seiyuu history and industry are a very small minority.

The same applies to music. Most younger folks will just listen to what's on the charts and be content with that. I suppose it can't be helped but it's still a little sad.
Jan 29, 2017 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
Whaaat okay where's Miki Shinichiro?
He has such a beautiful voice and the way he plays a character's role is amazing. I'm surprised he's not here.
Jan 29, 2017 6:01 PM
Jul 2018
I'm glad to see Sawashiro Miyuki at 4th place.
Feb 1, 2017 6:49 AM

Jan 2008
Glad to see a ranking of veteran seiyuu that shows their influence in the industry. VA like Takayama Minami, Mitsuishi Kotono, Fujiwara Keiji and Hirata Hiroaki have roles in animes I watched. I would have thought Otani Ikue, Inoue Kazuhiko and Inoue Kikuko in the list too.

Read through my journey on attempting the challenge in MAL blog!

Aug 21, 2020 1:13 PM
May 2015
I love how most of these actors have come from Rumiko Takahashi's works and have all at some point worked together, some even numerous times. The only person I wish they would've voted for to be there would be Kappi Yamaguchi ha.

But I guess there's thousands that inspire as well that didn't rank just high enough, but I want to say I appreciate them all.

These were the kings and queens that showed the world the importance of Voice Acting in Anime and made it an art form for VA's to come.
Sep 3, 2020 8:18 PM
Feb 2019
.. Noticing top 2 are the same as last time.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

18 by muhammad14286 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Dragon Ball' Creator Akira Toriyama Dies at 68 ( 1 2 3 4 )

Vindstot - Mar 7

165 by LusenProd »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ikoku Nikki' Receives TV Anime

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Chouninatte »»
6 hours ago

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

7 by Rhae »»
12 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

22 by Kaikaidou »»
Yesterday, 10:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.