Forum Settings
Forums

people who watch everything relating to a show

New
Dec 27, 2016 5:03 PM
Jul 2016
There are some profiles on here that watch every single sequel/prequel/movie/OVA/ONA/special that related to any given show they have watched. I, myself am not against this, as I feel it would give me more of a sense of completion almost. However, when I looked on MALgraph, it said that there are a whopping 1051 things relating to series I have seen. And that's not even covering anything on my PTW list either! I find this ridiculous as I've only seen 160 anime total. Haha I'm not sure if I should go for it or not but it'd be pretty cool I think. Opinions?
Aye check out my profile!
Dec 27, 2016 5:11 PM

Nov 2016
I try my best to watch everything related to Gundam, but I'm not worried about being a bit behind. I'll get there.

Go for it, if that's what you want to do. I myself am cautious of doing so unless I really, really like a series.

Bölvat es okkr, bróðir,
bani em ek þinn orðinn;
þat mun æ uppi;
illr er dómr norna.
-Hlöðskviða
(The Battle of the Goths and Huns)
Dec 27, 2016 5:12 PM

Sep 2015
You should just watch what you want to watch. If you have the time and want to watch all of them, then do it.
Dec 27, 2016 5:13 PM

Aug 2015
I guess you should go for an extra mile especially if you really like the series.. though most of them are fan service, who knows you might stumble upon a rare piece of gem
Dec 27, 2016 5:25 PM

Nov 2016
I personally prefer to watch everything related to a franchise that I like, it makes me feel more connected to that world that I already know I enjoy and sometimes it's not only about enjoyment in some cases it is relevant for the comprehension of the overall plot.
Dec 27, 2016 5:26 PM

Jul 2012
MALgraph does count connected entries to things in your PTW list as well (like you recently added Gundam so it also includes every Gundam related entry on the site). Not to mention there are cases of things like untranslated entries (ie. recaps that got skipped by fansubbers) so the chances of actually completing the full list aren't great unless you don't mind raw but there's nothing to say you shouldn't try. Especially for series you enjoyed first and foremost.
Edit: After a quick check it also counts things that haven't aired yet so you can basically ignore the total missing title number. I also counted yours excluding things connected PTW list there's like at most 200 entries, skipping not aired entries. That and a number of those aren't subbed and a number of them being main entries to the series that you would have ended up watching anyway unless you were dropping the franchise. Since specials and such also happen to be much shorter 200 might still seem intimidating but it really isn't.
GamerDLMDec 27, 2016 7:30 PM
Dec 27, 2016 5:50 PM

Feb 2013
MALGraph sorts your "Missing Titles" section from your highest rated to the lowest rated (and at the very bottom, unrated, which also includes your PTW list). Because of this, it's easier to sort your priorities. Looking at your page, i think you should start with the Bebop movies and Death Billiards OVA.
Dec 27, 2016 5:53 PM

Dec 2015
That will be tiring, just watch whatever you want to watch.
Dec 27, 2016 5:55 PM

May 2014
I try to finish everything but its hard sometimes
Dec 27, 2016 6:06 PM

Sep 2016
ah, i just added some missing movies/ova from malgraph just now lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 27, 2016 6:16 PM

Feb 2015
Just watch the important stuff, I mean not all of it are important if you ask me, some OVAs can be pretty much garbage and not needed unless it's connected to the prequel. And other stuff, like the special EP's. I mean if you look at it, Detective Conan divided the OVA and Movie, I watched the movies and ignored the OVAs, and I still think today that I choose the right thing.
Dec 27, 2016 6:58 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
I try to catch them all, I don't feel I'm entirely done with s series if I don't
Dec 27, 2016 7:06 PM

Dec 2012
If it's related to something I liked sure I'd try and watch it because obviously there's a high chance I'd like it too. Well unless it's a recap or music video, I don't usually bother with those.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Dec 27, 2016 7:15 PM

Dec 2015
I only watch OVAs/ONAs/Specials/Movies/Sequels/Prequels of the series that I like, bad series and everything related to them can go to hell for all I care.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 27, 2016 10:38 PM

Oct 2014
That's funny, I only have 960 "missing titles" and I have about 4x as many completed anime as you. Our days watched are very close to each other, though, so it is reasonable (you have 1.1 days more than me).

OT: I try to watch everything related to the anime I've completed and have given 7+ to, but I don't give myself a time limit and will relieve myself of this burden when the related anime is rated more than 0.4 points below the original series.
Dec 27, 2016 11:48 PM

Jun 2015
i hate cross media crap....

just watch the main series...
Dec 28, 2016 4:03 AM

Feb 2016
i try to watch them, but i dont watch short or recaps
Dec 28, 2016 4:05 AM
May 2016
I do it. I know it fattens up my completed numbers but entries are entries so every one counts lol
Dec 28, 2016 5:00 AM

Nov 2009
1344 missing titles, out of 758 completions. It will take quite some time to actually watch them all!
And I consider myself one of those people who like to watch all things related to anime I've seen and liked.

Edit: Who put "Inferno Cop" in Little Witch Academia's relations?!
Dec 28, 2016 5:31 AM

Apr 2014
Most of the time they are short 1/2 episode OVAs, or just short specials that are like 5 minutes long, so those 1000+ related anime, aren't really that long and probably shorter than the shit you've already watched.
Dec 28, 2016 6:52 AM

Feb 2013
flannan said:
1344 missing titles, out of 758 completions. It will take quite some time to actually watch them all!
And I consider myself one of those people who like to watch all things related to anime I've seen and liked.

Edit: Who put "Inferno Cop" in Little Witch Academia's relations?!
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31035
Dec 28, 2016 10:02 AM

Apr 2015
I take my time in catching them. Very, very rarely am I ever in a rush to get to all the supporting material. The only exception would be the OVA's for Monster Musume, because I freaking love Monster Musume.

Not to mention that if a piece of material is less then 7 minutes long (IE: The Shelter Music Video that came out not that long ago), I won't add it to my list, regardless if I watched it or not. That' trivial, and a bullshit way of inflating the completed number on your list.

Still, 1051 entries!? Is this the Gundam franchise you are tackling son!?
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Dec 28, 2016 10:16 AM

May 2015
Is it worth it? Is the original anime interesting, has unique ideas that are worth exploring? Such completism is excellent if the original is odd, but if it's nothing special they're all rehashes.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Dec 28, 2016 10:27 AM

Feb 2010
Well, MALGraph can be a bit inaccurate with those relations. Like because of one Toriko x Dragon Ball crossover every single dragon ball series, movie and special will show up as a missing entry even if you've seen anything related to Toriko. And the huge numbers of related stuff in franchises like Gundam can also be ignored since most of the entries are standalone and the franchise is only loosely tied together for the most part.

Personally I try, or at least I used to, watch every special from series I've watched. But it is an endless task. Almost daily some new random special or manner movie gets added to the DB and right now I'm not willing to spend more than like 5-10 seconds figuring out where to watch those. But in the past it sometimes took me much longer to find some of those specials on the internet. Some literally aren't available and I had someone else from MAL upload them for me from their VHS rip. Others I even had to give up on because they are too old and/or obscure or too new and haven't been uploaded yet.

These days are over, I just don't have the patience anymore. With my list this big it is a neverending task. Just in the last 48 hours these new specials have been added to the DB and given me notifications:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/33927/Yans_Gans_Meat_or_Die_Episode_0
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33720/Girls_und_Panzer_der_Film__3-pun_Chotto_de_Wakaru_Girls_und_Panzer
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33681/Flying_Witch_Petit_Special
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34613/Garo__Honoo_no_Kokuin_-_Yurugaro
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34625/Master_of_Torque__Epilogue
I probably regret this post by now.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you track anime milestons?

zombie_pegasus - 9 hours ago

17 by NubFix »»
16 seconds ago

» Would you or have you watched anime with your family (1 or more members)?

ToastWithNutella - 5 hours ago

18 by Gator »»
3 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - Yesterday

24 by NubFix »»
5 minutes ago

» Favorite Spring 2024 OP/ED?

Serafos - Apr 15

24 by animejas »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you have any favorite opening or ending animations?

RobertBobert - Apr 26

12 by IKKIsama »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.