Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 13, 2016 5:01 PM

Aug 2015
I'm glad they added a new energetic character like that, it was getting a bit repetitive. I assume this'll just end with a sort of "their life will continue like this" with a gathering with friends, but I'd be interested if theres some sort of conflict between them before the end of the show.
Dec 13, 2016 5:31 PM

Mar 2012
Seemed like they ran out of animation budget this episode
Dec 14, 2016 5:11 AM
Aug 2015
no one here know that mastuoka are based on shuzo matsuoka??
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=matsuoka+shuzo&page=&utm_source=opensearch
Dec 14, 2016 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
It took Nanami 2 episodes to be second best girl behind Koto which is awesome and crazy.

It took Chitose 10 episodes to get some development and not be a bitch most of the series.

Gojo must have his reasons for quitting and he doesn't want Chitose going down that Path, but man that's cold for him not to give your sister her birthday present...but I guess she ws pretty cold to him as well.

I felt the animation was lacking in this episode, a lot of filler screenshots and music just felt lazy to me.
Also at the end when Chitose was walking she was well ahead of that lady on the billboard and then she was bumped into she was behind the lady...Laziness? just something silly and stupid I caught which shouldn't bother me but it did
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 14, 2016 3:30 PM

Jul 2013
Chitose's new manager is definitely pushing her in the right direction. It was nice to see her seriously reconsidering where she is right now, but I don't think she has the right to say "If I could become the ideal me, I wouldn't be the me I am right now." She hasn't been putting in any effort to become the ideal version of herself. She's just been assuming the world will make way for her. It would be nice to see that change, although I'm not expecting much from her. >_>

It was nice to see Nanami doing so well though!! She definitely has a great career ahead of her! <3

P.S. lowkey triggered every time I hear Matsuoka yell "DESU!" lmao
Dec 14, 2016 4:06 PM

Aug 2015
Serious CEO is scary. I like the new manger personally. He might actually be of better help than Gojou ever could and I like the fact hat they gave him a veteran VA.
Dec 14, 2016 5:52 PM

Oct 2008
LOL! the new Manager of Chitose is none other than Matsuoka Yoshitsugu! Damn! he's also ultra HYPER!
Soooo...will Chitose go the same path as Gojou-kun??!?
4/5.

Dec 14, 2016 10:37 PM

Oct 2014
Matsuoka makes everything better. Even the shittiest of magic school academy harem.

It's a quote that still works. People that says otherwise... certainly are slothful.
Dec 14, 2016 11:40 PM
Mar 2016
Omnisword said:
How the hell that Matsuoka able to push Chitose from couch into legendary right hand cornered into wall her. This doesn't make any sense did him carry her to wall to made that scene or Chitose run back to wall because his overly loud scream.
Someone please explain how this could not defy law of logic.

It actually makes sense when you look at the anime production perspective. I will explain my theory.
The animator (the key animator or the storyboarder I dunno who) got careless that he/she made a minor misunderstanding that lead to a major logical blunder.
So what's the misunderstanding? The animator thought either (1) Chitose instinctively got out of the couch and run back to wall because of Matsuoka's loud scream or (2) forgot that Chitose sat on the couch or forgot that the couch exists.
Why is it a misunderstanding? Case 1: You don't instinctively get out of the couch if the aggressive noisy person is in front of you and there's a barrier on both sides of the couch. You only lean back, so Chitose can't instinctively get out of the couch. But in the angle on 00:35-00:39, it seems that the wall is near and Chitose can easily get out of the couch easily on her left side. Following the logic, Chitose get out of the couch on her left side and run to the wall. The animator is careless if this is the case. Got tricked by optical illusion.
Case 2: Imagine the angle on 00:35-00:39. Remove the couch or accidentally forget the existence of the couch and bam! It's now logical for Chitose to stand and pushed back to the wall. (Take note that everything here are only pencil drawings and no colors at all so it's easier to forget about the couch) Look at 00:44, it seems that Chitose is on the wall but it also looks like she's still sitting on the couch. If you forget about the couch, then it's reasonable to think that Chitose is near the wall. The animator is much more careless if this is the case. Maybe the animator here is sleepy catching up on the deadline.
Dec 14, 2016 11:49 PM
Mar 2016
I'm happy that the show really went back on track (since ep9) after getting lost on the side character development department.
Matsuoka is similar to the energetic guy from Saiki Kusuo.
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Who's Matsuoka's seiyuu? It sounds like the real Matsuoka?
I hear the similarities of the manager Matsuoka's "desu" voice and Re:Zero Betelgeuse's "desu" voice so maybe theyre the same. After I looked at the credits, yeah. Matsuoka is voiced by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka.
Dec 15, 2016 7:17 AM

Feb 2008
Haha, the CEO's transformation was excellent! It even earned him a free drink. Nevertheless, his message was unmistakably true.

Did reality <i>finally</i> hit Chitose? I hope that evoked an incentive to improve, to survive. I hope we'll find out why her brother took on a managerial job as well.
Dec 15, 2016 4:04 PM

Oct 2012
It was great seeing her finally down. Not to be spiteful but she certainly brought it upon her by herself.

Well, it's really strange to wish for MC to not suceed but let's face it - Chitose isn't likeable character and her behavior is main con of this series so it was actually nice to see some scenes like this.

Now I only hope there would be some character developement and catharsis for her, else all of this was for nothing.
Dec 15, 2016 5:41 PM

Jun 2008
I can say I know now Chitose feels. I made many bad choices and refused to want to change. Now I feel like a failure like her.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Dec 16, 2016 6:17 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so Chitose gets a rather eccentric new manager lol
From a lead character to a mob role
wow quite a demotion

Chitose really needs to lose that attitude of hers
being arrogant will not do you any favors in the voice acting industry
Nanami is going to be better than Chitose despite being younger
because she's humble and nice to everyone and also having talent

Lol Chitose's sub manager is right though
Chitose doesn't put in enough effort for her performances
lol the sub manager sure is enthusiastic about his role

its nice seeing Goju try and get roles for Chitose
even though she doesn't really deserve one
if Chitose puts more efforts in then she should be given more roles
but as it stands she should be limited to support roles instead

Wow Kuzu is trying to con someone with a fish thats clearly not 40Cm lol
still trying to beat that rival of his
with an attitude like that no wonder you're slumping
and no wonder no one likes you

Nanami is so cute though and puts so much effort into everything
If chitose was like that then Gozu won't need to be so worried

hmm a Christmas themed event eh
man the girls look cute in those outfits

hmm so the surprise is Nanami's CD debut eh
great news for her
this is her reward for all her hard work
Too bad that Chitose it was for her but it can't be helped

Well at least your birthday was remembered though
Chitose's wish should be to get more roles but to do that
you need to put more effort in
otherwise you will just be left behind

Wow Nanami sure is popular eh
but if you don't put in enough effort you won't get good roles and
no one remembers someone that's only been in the main role once
Not being recognized is a horrible thing for a seiyuu and a actress
I feel for Chitose but this is her fault

At least Gozu has a power up now that he is needed lol
But man Chitose really needs to change in order to be better and get more roles
the sooner she realizes this the better
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2016 8:58 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Quite a lot of smug faces from Chitose. Speaking of Chitose, that quick focus from her to Nanami is interesting. The guy couldn't wait any longer for Chitose to step her game up so he went with Nanami who has attitude and talent.

The new manager could help Chitose improve if she would also do her part in listening to what he asks.

That after credits scene, yep her pride is what is hurting her because she didn't wait to admit she's bad.

Dec 17, 2016 3:59 AM

Apr 2015
Name play for the new manager is clever, casting Matsun for him is good fun too

Hmm, so it will be hard to see Producer-san and Chitose's smug expressions again? Shame

Some scenes were written really well
Dec 21, 2016 6:15 PM

Nov 2014
once again, the post credit scene is amazing.
Dec 21, 2016 10:30 PM

Jun 2013
I definitely felt bad for Chitose, but i guess she had it coming
Hope she learns from it all!
Dec 23, 2016 6:47 PM

Apr 2012
I will say this. Yoshitsugu Matsuoka can make any anime more entertaining lol XD I glad to see Chtose's sub manager is pushing her in the right direction and Nanami is rising so quickly. It was kinda depressing to watch Chitose realize she sucks, though. I actually felt bad for her.
Dec 23, 2016 9:57 PM
Mar 2012
Nice fish! -2 lol Kuzu didn't get hardwork but gets competition & need to motivate himself.
So depressing saw this xmas eve. Hope Chi improves, as Matsu is just what she needs.
Dec 25, 2016 8:58 AM

Apr 2011
Chitose better improve or she can say bye bye to her career.
Dec 30, 2016 11:10 PM

Jun 2013
Chitose's new manager is too genki for this world. He needs a bj to calm the fuck down but probably, that'd give him more life.

I want to hear more of Gojou's work as a seiyuu and I'm not talking about his real life seiyuu, I mean the character. It would be so funny to see how he started out and everything.
臭い-
Jan 1, 2017 1:26 AM

Jan 2011
Chi is being force feed humble pie. This is why I don't get why people think she is unlikable.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jan 2, 2017 7:08 PM

Mar 2016
This is getting hard to watch...I'm not crazy about Chitose because of her attitude, but I still feel bad for her...
Jan 15, 2017 9:06 AM

Apr 2014
This should have happened in episode 5 not in ep. 10 God damn it..
Jan 19, 2017 5:22 AM

Mar 2015
So now Chitose can see what arrogance and taking things for granted compared to the desire to do well can do. Serves her right!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 22, 2017 10:32 PM

Sep 2014
I've been waiting for Chitose to get a reality check even though I really like her and feel sorry for her. I'm honestly rooting for her success.

I'm also hoping for Kuzu's redemption.

Hopefully some good stuff happens in the next two episodes. Honestly though this development should've happened much earlier.
Feb 7, 2017 3:18 PM

Jul 2014
Chitose hit rock bottom as her kouhai is getting the spotlight. Wonder if the submanager is a ploy by Gojo?
Sep 4, 2017 1:29 AM

Oct 2012
Matsuoka aka TsuguTsugu, the harem king.. But awkward with girls in real life?
This episode just made my day xD

Oh wow that prez, suddenly just turned 180 degree
I guess his strict personality is hiding in that carefree personality

Being a seiyuu is a hard job for Chi-sama
I guess she never get her big chance?
I get it life isn't fair :(

I guess Kuzu will stop being a Kuzu for once and going to give Chi-sama an actual chance?

I guess because seiyuu life is hard, there's no certain thing in that job?
"Signature removed"
Oct 30, 2017 8:10 PM

Nov 2012
Few things are better than wanting to slap characters for 10 episodes then seeing them finally wake up to reality.
Dec 6, 2017 10:10 AM

May 2012
Oh boy that ending! Let's see what's next though.
Feb 21, 2020 4:25 PM

Feb 2018
Sad episode xD....
May 10, 2021 2:07 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Seems like Chitose is jealous and kinda depressed now, that's a bit sad to be honest
May 25, 2022 5:55 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Did they hire Samurai Sports guy for new manager? looooooooool Chitose is sad and lonely, like Kuzu, we just want to be WANTED !!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jun 13, 2023 11:40 PM

May 2020
I really like this episode! Finally chitose must learn that she's not special!

Also Matsuoka voicing Matsuoka,lol. I love his character tho
┏────────┓
WHY
Is HoneyComeBear so Underrated?

─────────
┗─────────┛
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2016

103 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 14, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2016

70 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 14, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2016

63 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 13, 2023 11:37 PM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2016

65 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 13, 2023 10:13 PM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2016

54 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 13, 2023 10:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.