Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ajin: Demi-Human
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 2, 2016 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit this episode. Intense, Satou gives no shit about what or who he fights while making his kills.

The power of Ajin really is frightening, even Kei knows it. Poor Kei....always getting into the wrong side with the government.
Dec 2, 2016 9:55 AM

Dec 2015
This episode shows the difference between Nagai and Satou.
If Nagai is smart, Satou is very smart and has many experiences in combat and war.
What a naive, Nagai though he could beat that monster (Satou).
Satou always surprised me... He has the same ability with Nagai Kei.
Dec 2, 2016 7:32 PM

Dec 2013
This was more similar to the manga than I expected it would be. Felt more rushed than the manga but I still liked it. Mixed feelings with how quickly Nagai gave up mentally.

Overall still my favourite episode of the series. Kei's plan was decent but Satou is just too much of a boss.

This was so hard to watch!
Dec 2, 2016 8:52 PM
Feb 2016
I would be greatly disappointed if they actually have succeeded in defeating Satou at this episode because it felt so anti-climatic. It was a bit sad that most of the members got killed by Satou's IBM and they were kind people too. Kei's strong point is that he can think rationally and able to create continuous IBM so why can't he do it after Satou revived back again?

I'm a bit curious as to how much episode was planned for this series. Is it going to be 12 or 24? Or more than 12 but less than 24? And since half way through the series they went with original plot line I wonder will they actually follow Kuroshitsuji's foot step where they will make a whole new season which follows the manga's plot line closely. But i guess this will have to depend on the sales of the anime first huh...
Dec 2, 2016 8:58 PM

Dec 2013
missimperfect said:
I'm a bit curious as to how much episode was planned for this series. Is it going to be 12 or 24? Or more than 12 but less than 24? And since half way through the series they went with original plot line I wonder will they actually follow Kuroshitsuji's foot step where they will make a whole new season which follows the manga's plot line closely. But i guess this will have to depend on the sales of the anime first huh...

The second season will have 13 episodes and the sales for the anime are pretty low. It's a miracle it got a second season.
Dec 2, 2016 9:25 PM

Jul 2007
G_Spark233 said:

The second season will have 13 episodes and the sales for the anime are pretty low. It's a miracle it got a second season.

Really? Damn that's sad. One of the best series in recent years for me. I'm just hoping it will be licensed for an English BD/DVD release soon so I can support it.
Dec 2, 2016 9:31 PM

Dec 2014
This was a really good episode, Very intense.

Satou is OP as hell, Controlling IBM when he's unconscious. Even if he just gave the orders in advance, Pretty awesome that he can still have it manifested when unconscious.

Kei gave up too quickly, Guess Satou is just that intimidating for him. The moment Satou countered his plan he lost all hope and gave in to emotional outburst. I suppose that's why he wasn't able to summon his IBM.
R.I.P to all the people killed by Satou's IBM.

Glad to see Tosaki preventing Kei and Nakano from getting captured by the government.

What weapon did Satou just steal there? :O
Dec 2, 2016 9:48 PM

Sep 2015
I feel sorry for the monk hair guy and the others dying ;-;
Dec 2, 2016 10:43 PM

Dec 2012
Spectacular episode.
DAMN Satou taking down those Anti A's was so freaking badass & awesome.
This is all a game to him.

Guys don't celebrate until Satou is safely secured.

WOW Poor Nagai unable to summon his IBM. Those tears made me sad :(
R.I.P Hirasawa, Manabe & the others.

Woah Satou planning something big.
Tosaki & everyone on the run now. Really hope Kai shows up with the Winged IBM to help.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 2, 2016 11:25 PM

Jun 2014
Satou is such a badass, he's pretty much a one-man army. I found it very foolish that Kei, Nakano, and Shimomura started celebrating after getting Satou with the tranquilizer. Come on guys, defeating Satou won't be that easy. Seeing Kei show emotion for once was also pretty difficult to watch, great voice acting by Mamoru Miyano there. Looks like these guys are going to have to rethink their strategy now.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 2, 2016 11:59 PM
Feb 2016
G_Spark233 said:

I read somewhere that because they spend less on the animation that's why they are able to make new season. Not sure whether it's true or not though. But thanks for answering!
Dec 3, 2016 12:06 AM

Jan 2011
This episode was intense as fuck. Really enjoyed it. I felt really bad for Nagai
Dec 3, 2016 12:57 AM

Jun 2015
This was the most intense episode. My heart was beating fast the whole time. The Anti-As almost beat Satou, and Kei's plan. Satou just rekt everyone. He is literally unstoppable. Kei got broken quick. Seeing him like that was hard to watch. Glad to see Tosaki saving Kei and Nakano from getting captured. They're going to have to rethink how to take down Satou.
Dec 3, 2016 1:55 AM
Sep 2015
This episode was so intense, I thought I'm finally going to see a real ajin showdown between nagai and Satou, its a bit disappointing that it didn't happen, but in the same its also not disappointing.

I'm surprised at how weak Nagai's mental really is, he became unstable when his plan gotten ruined, he needs to calm down and think it through, but if he did i guess this anime will be bad, so I am glad they made it they it is. Also seeing Nagai's tears made me sad, hope Nagai can settle his own thoughts and fight Satou back

Also the way Tosaki pretended as if he betrayed Nagai and Nakano, and then suddenly shot them, that was really shocking. Looking forward to the next episode and how Nagai will sort his mind, will he quit? or will hhe thought it through and actually not give?
Dec 3, 2016 4:13 AM

Nov 2015
Shit! This episode was intense! Satou gives 0 fucks

Dec 3, 2016 5:01 AM
Apr 2016
It seems Satou completely merged his consciousness with his Ajin. How can he be stopped completely now is a mystery, as of yet.
And the next episodoe's title - I won't do it - either refers to Kei being broken down by his complete defeat and losing a person closest to a father figure for him OR to Tanaka finally seeing where their crusade is going. Or, most likely, both.
Re:formed
Dec 3, 2016 5:04 AM
Jan 2016
G_Spark233 said:
This was more similar to the manga than I expected it would be. Felt more rushed than the manga but I still liked it. Mixed feelings with how quickly Nagai gave up mentally.

Overall still my favourite episode of the series. Kei's plan was decent but Satou is just too much of a boss.

This was so hard to watch!

Yeah, Nagai's plan fell apart a lot faster than I expected as well, I thought it was going to span multiple episodes since there's four left and the end of the season would be Nagai doing the 180.

And RIP Hirasawa, he deserved a much better end, like the one he had in the manga ;_;
Dec 3, 2016 6:15 AM

Dec 2015
Interesting episode. I thought they might let Nagai summon tons of ghosts while he had to watcht the others dying. (Like in that incident in the past.)

Now looknig forward to the next episode. They are either getting some super weapons (nuke or biological) or there is another (super strong) ajin locked away in that building.
Dec 3, 2016 6:21 AM

Jan 2016
im so disapointed, im going to choice to believe that the events taken place were nagai's plan and he's actually fucking around with people just like Satou... if that's not the case...
on a positive note, kohai got shot c:
(and, scarier weapons imbound)

Dec 3, 2016 6:31 AM

May 2012
Satou is really unstoppable. His combat fight against the Anti As is so cool. And wow, his damn ajin can still go on even if he is unconscious. Too bad Nagai give up mentally after his plan did not suceed.
Dec 3, 2016 7:15 AM

Jan 2015
rebelakuma said:
Satou is really unstoppable. His combat fight against the Anti As is so cool. And wow, his damn ajin can still go on even if he is unconscious. Too bad Nagai give up mentally after his plan did not suceed.
Totally agreed with that. Especially about how Nagai gave up easily. Probably because of that "Ajin's state of mind" Satou said earlier. About Nagai's mental isn't strong enough.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 3, 2016 7:55 AM

May 2015
Really intense and sad episode at the same time. It was really hard to watch those good guys getting killed ;S.. RIP...

To be honest, at this point, I can't see Satou getting defeated anytime soon. This guy's practically invincible. Just when you think they got him, he manages to pull another comeback....

Dec 3, 2016 12:14 PM

Dec 2016
It was pretty pleasant seeing the Anti Ajin solider dodging Kato's IBM.

Kei used a good strategy to tranquilize Satou however Satou's IBM abilities is leagues above Kei's. Satou took good advantage of the early celebration.

Next episode is not looking good. It seems that Satou has his hands on the Anti A's weapons and possibly modified them.
Dec 3, 2016 12:38 PM

Apr 2015
I was the only one who noticed the red bull advertisement?

🌙 Sailor Moon 🌙

Dec 3, 2016 2:35 PM

Oct 2014
"Yoshikage Nagai just wants a quiet life"...

Well, I kinda started getting some empathy for him, he's finally showing some feelings for others.

The 2nd season is faaaaar better than the 1st
Dec 3, 2016 8:16 PM

Jun 2013
Wait, did Satou just quote Malcolm X with the "fight for your rights" thing?

I sympathize with Nagai for just wanting a quiet life, but hot damn was Satou awesome! This guy never ceases to impress me.
Dec 3, 2016 8:34 PM

Oct 2011
Omg Satou.
Poor Nagai.
Dec 3, 2016 8:35 PM
Jan 2016
Hamelin said:
Wait, did Satou just quote Malcolm X with the "fight for your rights" thing?

It actually sounded more like Maxim Gorky's "Rights are not given, rights are taken."
Dec 3, 2016 11:05 PM

Feb 2014
Lucas8x said:

I noticed it too. Must be to give ajins wings!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 3, 2016 11:48 PM

Oct 2012
I wasn't expecting it to be easy but god damn Satou's skills in all aspects are just way above Nagai's, how is this going to work out?
Also RIP all the dead people this ep Manabe it ain't alright
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Dec 4, 2016 1:18 AM

Apr 2015
Satou is so scary , GOD! Love it.
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Dec 4, 2016 2:30 AM

May 2015
This just goes to show the difference in experience between Satou and Kei. Sometimes Satou's plans don't always go the way he wants them to. But being the military veteran he is, he he keeps calm and plans ahead with his next move. Kei, being just fresh out of boot camp, had a good plan, but he got too comfortable. So when he realized that the plan failed, he couldn't handle it, and it made his mental state take a turn for the worst.

Props to the director of this episode for the Anti-Ajin force putting up a fight and nearly capturing Satou. I was expecting a clean sweep by the Ajin force, but the AAs did show some competence, especially the part when they noticed the IBM.

And of course my favorite part of this episode:

"I just need the analog key."
*President hands over key*
"Oh, there it is!"
*BANG*

I knew Satou was going to do that, but I didn't expect him to do it so casually! I hope other anime studios are taking notes, because this is how you do a villain!
Dec 4, 2016 2:55 AM

Mar 2013
Holy moly that was one hell of an epic episode.

Satou, that madman is too OP. The way he took down all the Anti-Ajin force was really cool and badass.

Nagai literally spelled out Satou's true motives but Tanaka and others don't really have any choice but to get along with him now huh...
Dec 4, 2016 3:49 AM

Jun 2013
Satou sure is OP. The anti-ajin forces had the upper hand since they focused more on immobilizing the ajins instead of killing them, so they had downed all of the attackers except for Tanaka who unleashed his IBM. But even he was tranquilized. And then Satou shows up to turn things around. He single handedly takes out everyone and then also gets some help from Tanaka when he gets tranquilized.

Nagai's plan was good, but he didn't know that Satou's IBM was similar to his own, as in it can survive without orders and can do some things on its own. That results in Nagai losing. And Nagai didn't want to be attached to anyone, but he couldn't do that which saw him panicking and then eventually losing. If he had stayed calm, he could have shot Kou and Shimomura to reset them and take out Satou again. If he was calm, he could have unleashed his own IBM more than once. And instead of celebrating Satou being tranquilized, Shimomura and Kou should have tied him up because he would have come to sooner or later and they obviously weren't going to move him out without tying him up. I liked how Tosaki shot Sokabe and then saved Nagai and Kou instead of going with Sokabe's plan.

And it looks like Nagai is giving up on fighting Satou. Kai is still out there and he may come to Nagai which could have some effect on him. Nagai's sister is also looking like she'll be of some importance.
Dec 4, 2016 4:18 AM

Apr 2016
Tarotist said:

And of course my favorite part of this episode:

"I just need the analog key."
*President hands over key*
"Oh, there it is!"
*BANG*

I knew Satou was going to do that, but I didn't expect him to do it so casually! I hope other anime studios are taking notes, because this is how you do a villain!

I think it was good writing too, no time lost, it goes to the point, but precisely this made more obvious the much convenient big amount of time satou needed to finally ... not kill Rei. The whole scene when the police/army arrived in the building was bad writing/directing. A flaw.
Rei totally losing his nerve didn't fit that much with his strong-willed personality either. It was convenient too.

Satou fighting sequences were visually impressive by how fast it was and how fast he was but everytime he slowed down, that was quite "strange" or not so realistic anymore.
Ysad_ZiwezhanDec 4, 2016 4:22 AM
Dec 4, 2016 4:35 AM

Jul 2014
It was never going to go as well as he had hoped, but I did not expect Nagai to get as completely destroyed by Satou as he ended up being, even if the whole thing came down to Satou being epic enough to use his IBM while unconscious. Only issue is: what are they gonna do for the last 4 episodes now?
Dec 4, 2016 5:17 AM

Jun 2013
oh man round one was epic those anti-a dudes are not half bad this episode was simply amazing
Dec 4, 2016 6:16 AM

Feb 2015
Even though "THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST", this episode has nothing on the manga version of this fight, it was just too fast the way Nagai lost hopes, and he cried like a baby in this version, it was kind of jarring for me.

It was an awesome fight in the manga, said fight should've taken two episodes in the anime and not just one, it was super rushed and it was simplified beyond reason, definitely the worst episode of the series.

Dec 4, 2016 7:33 AM

Mar 2015
Goddamn, the fight choreography is gold. I wish it lasted longer. Intense as shit.
Dec 4, 2016 10:22 AM
Apr 2014
Even though the outcome of the fight with Satou was disappointing though rather obvious considering it's only the 9th episode the end of the episode kinda made up for it again. Didn't expect Tosaki to do this. Would have expected he goes with what the other guy said and "catches" Nagai and Nakano. Pleasantly surprised he didn't.

All in all I was really disappointed in Nagai's performance though. The moment something unexpected happened he entirely lost his composure. Very uncharacteristic of him. Like... At least fight back a little before that.

Anyway. I'm wondering how they are going to conclude this. I mean they already strayed away from the source if people tell the truth and Kei more or less lost his best chance to stop Satou. I don't think we'll get more than 12 or 13 episodes which means 4 more episodes max. It has to go to the final stage now.
Dec 4, 2016 11:43 AM

Sep 2010
I'm probably the only one disappointed with the episode. Rushed. Kei looked OOC. I wish the anime had followed the manga.
Dec 4, 2016 4:32 PM
Jun 2013
The moment they thought they had satou I knew they would f up.
Dec 4, 2016 9:48 PM

Nov 2013
This series is better than a Tom Clancy novel!

I guess the operative word here is "expect the unexpected!" because that's what happens with this series. Never a dull moment.
Dec 4, 2016 11:25 PM

Dec 2015
Wow, what an intense episode. First Nagai gets broken and then Tosaki saves Nagano and Nagai. The characters are changing, huh?

Also Satou is too much of a beast, pretty much unstoppable goddamn

dasprn said:
Lucas8x said:

I noticed it too. Must be to give ajins wings!

Dec 4, 2016 11:33 PM

Sep 2014
All I can say is, damn this episode was intense!

The CGI quality felt really good.

Satou and his group vs Anti-As was amazing as fuck. So much emotions and intensity this episode. Satou is unstoppable.
Dec 5, 2016 9:42 AM
May 2016
I praise this anime on everything except for the original story, I prefer the manga's storytelling and the way the action panels portrayed and character's development especially Kei more than the original bullsh*t of the S2 anime, still the filler in here is good compared to TG's haha.
NarukoOtakuDec 5, 2016 9:40 PM
Dec 5, 2016 4:18 PM

Dec 2012
This was so good!!
Dec 5, 2016 10:32 PM

Aug 2010
The whole scene with Nagai was just so uncharacteristic of him, I can't help but think he has some ulterior motive.

Overall the episode was pretty meh aside from the Satou action.
Dec 6, 2016 9:53 AM

Jul 2015
puqtato said:
The whole scene with Nagai was just so uncharacteristic of him, I can't help but think he has some ulterior motive.

exactly, whole episode i was w8ing for Nagai to pull some trick and change the outcome but damn, they failed :|
I guess the drama was kind of realistic in way that they prepared for this day so hard and missed their chance in a seconds.
Overall good episode.
Dec 6, 2016 11:17 AM

Jun 2015
What is this Satou made of. Kei was acting all tough and big but he was a scaredy cat in front of Satou.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

187 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 17, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

58 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 17, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

39 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 15, 1:51 AM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

70 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 13, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2016

70 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 9, 10:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.