Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 1, 2010 10:15 AM

Jan 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haven't watched the episode yet, shall come back with moe-blob pics.
Edit: I am too lazy, having a hard time creating gif images :(

Link removed
KinetaNov 25, 2012 11:01 AM
Feb 1, 2010 12:59 PM

Nov 2008
Finally, this was how I wanted the series to be. A more "non-boring" slice-of-life feel and story included.
Maximatum99Feb 1, 2010 1:03 PM
Feb 1, 2010 1:08 PM
Oct 2007
Maximatum99 said:
Finally, this was how I wanted the series to be. A more "non-boring" slice-of-life feel and story included.

+9001
I disliked the 4 previous episodes but that one, although it wasn't great, was still enjoyable !
Feb 1, 2010 1:52 PM

Jan 2010
This episode was great ^^
Feb 1, 2010 3:09 PM

Aug 2009
Ooh pretty colors.

Wow, carrying those packs looked like hell. Even Rio couldn't do it right.

There were so many allusions to stuff that must have gone down to bring about this new world like the small piece of a missile in the ground and the devastated buildings and the stations having Japanese lettering. I sure wish we could learn a little more but given this is 13 episodes, it must be one of those "left up to speculation" type apocalypse's.

Still waiting for them to unleash Spider Gundam. I know they're just teasing us for it every episode.
Feb 1, 2010 4:04 PM

Sep 2008
Yeah, you tell them what do do, Kaere, you and your sexy voice. I wish I could have seen the boar fight though.

I was half-expecting Nausicaä to pop out of somewhere at the end, dunno why.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2010 5:39 PM
Dec 2008
Perfect.
Feb 1, 2010 6:03 PM

Oct 2009
Personally this was a great episode with the tank and the scenery! The comedy came mainly from Kureha/Kanata and Noel not being able to carry those backpacks made WW2 people look pathetic in this case. The war effects were devastating=>
in the desert and I learned more about Claus having a reference similar to Erwin Rommel....anyone else though so about the desert thing=>
Claus taking it easy was also funny=>
but I liked mostly this part because of the cute side I would say=> Anyone else though that Kureha has a thing for Claus or maybe just appreciation from this part=>
So based on this=>
Takemikaduchi has 2 missiles, the pods are for smokescreen and chaffs, a main cannon with HE shells that I suppose are HE for max damage, a machine gun, three engines and even stealth mode? Really liked the scenery here=>
Leaving your backpack during war is foolish=>
Devastation is breathtaking but I don't see the missile holes=>
Oh what....no special fan service? Take off those towels now!=>
Anyone can translate those symbols=>
Overall want to see tank attack.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Feb 1, 2010 6:53 PM

Apr 2009
Love love this episode.
Feb 1, 2010 6:59 PM

Sep 2008
Did Kanata engrave her name on the wall, because I only saw Noel and Kureha

• † Trevor Asuka Shinn † •
Feb 1, 2010 7:49 PM

Sep 2009
francismeunier said:

Just random words: Bird,Sky,fruit,Mountain,color...

tr3v0r said:

彼方=Kanata.
rosagigantiaFeb 1, 2010 8:07 PM
Feb 1, 2010 10:09 PM

Oct 2009
rosagigantia said:
francismeunier said:

rosagigantia said:
Just random words: Bird,Sky,fruit,Mountain,color...

Thanks I was wondering about this.....so that thing just reported what it saw...kind of like a magical eye in memory.
tr3v0r said:

rosagigantia said:
彼方=Kanata.

Big thanks, was wondering that too so does it mean that the other 2 know less Japanese?
GIF time! This time 2 nice ones: this one I officially call it Kureha scolding you!=>

The other are Kureha giving out too much efforts and the water flowing (don't ask why, I just love the water flowing and always go to my spot around Marseilles in summer to enjoy the weather there).

Why is that when I do GIF the best ones always come out of Kureha's character.....anyone know or is it just me that is obsessed with her?

Feb 1, 2010 11:31 PM

Sep 2007
Yet again... not much plot movement. It's a shame the studios are turning this into a generic sequence of events. A bunch of comedy/moe/slice of life episodes with nearly zero plot movement then most likely stick what little plot was to be had in the last 2-4 episodes for a finale. But whatever, SoraWoto has clearly marked itself as a slice of life anime from the first episode. I sure as hell hope they'll involve the girls in No Man's Land in the future... but that's probably wishful thinking.
Feb 2, 2010 12:36 AM

Jun 2008
At long last are they doing something military-alike. So they are not only wearing uniforms for looks..

Enjoyable episode thanks in part to the anime gaining some coherency and being less random (Though of course an Onsen at the top of the mountain again is totally random and it would've been a killing blow for the anime had they indulged in cheap fan service there.)
Feb 2, 2010 12:44 AM

Jan 2010
Decent episode, I guess. Noel's winning me over with her out of the blue jokes. And does Kureha have some older man fetish or something? =P
Feb 2, 2010 2:31 AM

Jul 2009
Oh, I'd like to see more of No Man's land...
Feb 2, 2010 3:51 AM
Dec 2008
I wish real army missions were that much fun.
Feb 2, 2010 3:51 AM

Nov 2008
omg, pissed off and joke-making Noel.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG
Feb 2, 2010 4:25 AM

Apr 2009
well.. it was very entertaining.. their little field trip to the mountains turned out to be a laborious task and it made me laugh a little.. i love the beautiful scenery in that mountain, the sunset and even more so for No Man's Land.. i'm beginning to really love the girls of this show..
Feb 2, 2010 5:28 AM

Apr 2009
This ep was probably the best one so far. Though it has to be mentioned that there is no plot - we're still stuck in the beginning; those episodes which were aired up to now, are simply empty - they sure are quite entertaining, but lack of story...

Feb 2, 2010 8:35 AM

Oct 2009
Proselyt said:
(Though of course an Onsen at the top of the mountain again is totally random and it would've been a killing blow for the anime had they indulged in cheap fan service there.)
A little fan service always delights the fans.
argilium said:
i love the beautiful scenery in that mountain, the sunset and even more so for No Man's Land
Yeah same reaction as you about the scenery, great a nice display of quality.
LuniazKun said:
And does Kureha have some older man fetish or something? =P
I was thinking about that too other than having the take care me mother from Rio/Filicia.

Feb 2, 2010 9:07 AM
Nov 2008
Once again I find myself dying for some backstory. The characters have been introduced, and now I find that the present isn't terribly interesting. It's a stunningly beautiful universe, and it's got to have a story behind it. Vague hints aren't enough! Gimme more past!
Feb 2, 2010 9:20 AM

Sep 2009
How much did Mayor CLaus look like Gendo Ikari? :P
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Feb 2, 2010 9:45 AM

Sep 2007
francismeunier said:

No it doesn't.
Feb 2, 2010 10:00 AM

Jun 2008
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:
No it doesn't.
It really doesn't. For example if it's destroying the atmosphere or the story itself (happens all the time).

Yonatay said:
Thought i know that guy... so it's him - Rei is already there - omg it's another Human Instrumentality Project.
Feb 2, 2010 10:53 AM

Jan 2010
Proselyt said:

Yonatay said:
Thought i know that guy... so it's him - Rei is already there - omg it's another Human Instrumentality Project.

Oh... so... why is Rei repairing Jet Alone ? xD
Feb 2, 2010 12:45 PM
Dec 2009

I am sorry but that was too funny!
Feb 2, 2010 1:05 PM

Mar 2009
Natsuka_Chie said:
Proselyt said:
Yonatay said:

We're in the middle of the third impact and the whole show takes place in Shinjis imagination?
You'll regret this...
Feb 2, 2010 1:18 PM

Jan 2010
Biribiri said:
Natsuka_Chie said:
Proselyt said:
Yonatay said:

We're in the middle of the third impact and the whole show takes place in Shinjis imagination?

Oh crap, we're doomed then.
Feb 2, 2010 2:52 PM

Nov 2008
Yonatay said:

Feb 2, 2010 3:12 PM

Oct 2009
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:

No it doesn't.
For guys and some girls it always does.
Proselyt said:
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:
No it doesn't.
It really doesn't. For example if it's destroying the atmosphere or the story itself (happens all the time).
I though the onsen at the top already did that in a way so why not make it more fan service oriented?
Biribiri said:
Natsuka_Chie said:
Proselyt said:
Yonatay said:

This is where I regret not having seen that anime evangelion yet since I heard about it and this Shinji guy along with Rei and Gendo.
francismeunierFeb 2, 2010 3:20 PM

Feb 2, 2010 3:22 PM

Nov 2008
francismeunier said:
This is where I regret not having seen that anime evangelion yet since I heard about it and this Shinju guy along with Rei and Gendo.

What are you waiting for?
Feb 2, 2010 4:02 PM

Sep 2009
So Kureha was the only one not to get a letter, I wonder if she is an orphan.
Feb 2, 2010 4:55 PM

Sep 2007
francismeunier said:
For guys and some girls it always does.

No it doesn't.
Feb 2, 2010 5:15 PM

Sep 2009
Very nice....some teasing back-story, some slice of life, and some nice backgrounds.

(lol, They're having war simulations in the tank for when they finish repairing it...and btw, I'm not seriously expecting a bunch of action in this show....but it would be cool if they did end up using that tank wouldn't it?)
Feb 2, 2010 8:41 PM

Feb 2009
the first part threw me off a bit, when they were practicing in the tank but other than that it was a decent episode. Besides food and medicine, what else did they bring in their backpacks because those alone wont make it as heavy as that. Kureha is much cuter with her hair down. Scenery is also nice. LOL at the Major for relaxing at the base.
Feb 2, 2010 9:03 PM

Oct 2009
Maximatum99 said:
francismeunier said:
This is where I regret not having seen that anime evangelion yet since I heard about it and this Shinju guy along with Rei and Gendo.

Not waiting trying to find time.....besides which EVA to start with since there are so many.....TV version maybe?
belatkuro said:
Besides food and medicine, what else did they bring in their backpacks because those alone wont make it as heavy as that.

I was thinking extra stuff that's not needed just so that Rio could test them more.....a sergeant is always nastier than the officer.
belatkuro said:
Kureha is much cuter with her hair down.

Too that I will say yes also!

Feb 2, 2010 10:34 PM

Nov 2008
francismeunier said:
Maximatum99 said:
francismeunier said:

Not waiting trying to find time.....besides which EVA to start with since there are so many.....TV version maybe?

I can't believe you just typed that. Sometimes I wonder if you are trolling.
Feb 2, 2010 10:39 PM
Jun 2009
noel and her jokes <3
the part with the backpacks made me lol...
Feb 3, 2010 12:41 AM

Jun 2008
Biribiri said:
Natsuka_Chie said:
Proselyt said:
Yonatay said:

That would explain what those things in ep.1 were:
Angels.
Feb 3, 2010 4:08 AM

Dec 2007
hazelnutman said:
omg, pissed off and joke-making Noel.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG

Yes. This most of all.

When i saw the episode was named "the end of the world" i was hoping for something really big. I guess this was ok. Still hoping for something big eventually. At least one of the girls should die :)

francismeunier said:
besides which EVA to start with since there are so many.....TV version maybe?

Tv, then the movie End of Eva. It acts as a replacement for the last two episodes, so you don't have to watch those unless you find them really interesting. Most people don't.
Feb 3, 2010 4:26 AM

Aug 2009
I liked the episode, I thought it would be a Felicia focused episode, since the last 3 focused each on Rio, Noel and Kureha. But the "field trip" was definitely training wasn't it? (;

What I really want to find out, is what happened to the world. They keep hinting things here and there without really telling us much,

Signature made by PresSiT. (:
Feb 3, 2010 3:55 PM

Sep 2009
Noel is hilarious. :D

So, yes, love-love for this episode. Enjoyed it very much. Thank gawd they didn't end the episode with fanservice.

Okay, maybe I was in ARIA mode or something when I watched this, but... Kanata sounded a lot like Akari to me, Kureha like Aika, and Filicia as Alicia. Srsly. Possibly Rio as Akira.

Noel is too talkative to be Yuki Nagato.
-
Feb 3, 2010 4:46 PM

Feb 2009
That's was pretty good, quite amusing.

Kureha with her hair down looks cute. :3 I really they'll go to that desert one day. Even though this is clearly a slice-of-life show, I hope they'll develop the post-apocalyptic background a bit.
Feb 3, 2010 8:45 PM

Jul 2009
I liked this episode, the best episode so far. But still, i'm curious how Rio got past that boar and got the berries.
Feb 4, 2010 4:40 AM

Jun 2008
Kaltsu said:
You might want to take into consideration the time-line of this anime. This castle/fort is in an area of low risk so they minimize the number of troops there just to give the impression that the army cares. If you listen to Filicia talk about the army, they are lucky the army remembers they even have troops in Sieve.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Feb 4, 2010 4:58 AM

Oct 2009
Nephtys said:
I liked this episode, the best episode so far. But still, i'm curious how Rio got past that boar and got the berries.
Even more curious why not roast it for a feast.
sbyrstall said:
Kaltsu said:
You might want to take into consideration the time-line of this anime. This castle/fort is in an area of low risk so they minimize the number of troops there just to give the impression that the army cares. If you listen to Filicia talk about the army, they are lucky the army remembers they even have troops in Sieve.
Exactly but there something strange with that legend in the town.....don't you think?

Feb 4, 2010 5:57 AM

Jun 2008
francismeunier said:
Nephtys said:
sbyrstall said:
Kaltsu said:
Exactly but there something strange with that legend in the town.....don't you think?
I wish I knew how long after that last world war to know if that legend if the five maidens somehow evolved from Sieve once held some nuclear warheads. Five firing rockets = five maidens on fire?
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Feb 4, 2010 7:21 AM

Oct 2009
sbyrstall said:
francismeunier said:
Nephtys said:
sbyrstall said:
Kaltsu said:
I wish I knew how long after that last world war to know if that legend if the five maidens somehow evolved from Sieve once held some nuclear warheads. Five firing rockets = five maidens on fire?
Interesting thinking.....I do wonder if the fire maidens mean something else or are references....??? The angel also wonder what else it can be but clearly the remains of it are there so not sure if it was something else or alive.

Feb 4, 2010 9:26 AM

Feb 2009
So they have this awesomely advanced tank, and they signal their backup with a trumpet... I have issues believing that there is nothing similar to a built-in radio in that thing...

Aaanyways, still looking for the plot, and just to add to the cultural hotpot we now have cicadas there as well. Where in the name of holy hell are they...?
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nakei - Jan 18, 2010

160 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 25, 10:15 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kerlyenai - Feb 15, 2010

142 by James-LastOmnic »»
Jan 19, 9:11 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maximatum99 - Mar 22, 2010

264 by SX6 »»
Jan 17, 11:28 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Feb 22, 2010

140 by NECROMANCER_2003 »»
Jan 6, 2:27 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

SFB - Mar 15, 2010

219 by antoninus_v »»
Oct 30, 2023 6:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.