Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 30, 2016 6:04 PM
Aug 2015
Smudy said:
Now that i'm attempting to watch more into the final minutes, i'm really baffled what happened at the end with the footprints. It's the second last scene.
Angelo was walking left from Nero and there was a good distance before Nero fired his shot. At the end, the footsteps on the right (in the vision of Angelo and Nero) went farther than Angelo's. It might be that Nero indeed killed Angelo, then went to him and shoved him to the ocean. I can't explain it any other way or it would sound unrealistic.
The thing with the Angelo's body falling into the sand and leaving a clear spot...i don't wanna say it, but seeing the animation/art problems throughout the show, it could be that they did not animate that part right.

^ This. Nero shot. Missed of purpose. No impression of body on sand. Keeps walking past Angelo.

Or the tides just randomly washed the foot-trails in such a way. No certain way to tell.
Sep 30, 2016 6:06 PM
Sep 2016
geralt said:
It's not just the ending, this whole last episode baffled me quite a bit personally. Even without focusing on how easily Nero managed to get to Angelo or how he was calmly roaming around without getting caught by the Galassias, I was perplexed by his behaviour with Angelo. While it made perfect sense that the latter would be emotionally broken after achieving his revenge, Nero's decision to embark on a road trip akin to the one in episode 4(?) instead of just killing him as soon as was convenient was too weird.

Also, what was the point of last episode's cliffhanger where Angelo was found by Strega when pretty much nothing was done about that other than a useless conversation?

The ambiguity of the ending itself didn't bother me that much, so at least there's that. Still, compared to last episode I feel this one dropped the balls. Overall, though, this has been a really solid revenge story and it showed that anime can deliver stories which are usually not associated with Japan.

7/10 but it's more like a 7 and a half.

Killing Angelo at the beach would make it much harder to find his body. Plus, I'm pretty sure, as implied by the ending shot of Nero looking at the can, that he still cared about Angelo to a degree, hence why he wanted to hang out with him one last time.
Now as to whether Nero actually killed Angelo or not, that's left up to us to decide.
But yes, it's great how the studio's taken such an innovative approach for an anime.
Sep 30, 2016 6:08 PM
Jul 2016
And the journey finally ends...
I'm gonna miss this show, especially since it was a bit of fresh air with all these supernatural/fantasy/shonen anime out there.

I kinda like open endings, makes you think about the series even after it ended
So, there are two ways I can see this being interpreted:
1-Both died: Avilio is shot and Nero drives away satisfied(I guess? He needed to smile for some reason) but is killed by the random Galassia dude
2-Both lived: Nero remembers that day 7 years ago and misses on purpose again, Angelo and Nero part ways with Nero satisfied to know his friendship with Angelo was real. Even with no reason to live, both "just live". I also kinda like this interpretation because that way it ends with a "Book Ends" and has some simbolism to it: the screen blurring on Nero and the waves washing away Angelo's footprints shows their existence fading away, alongside their families, as in the end, nothing was left.

On another note, it was sad to see Tigre go out like that, he even tried to sacrifice himself for the others but in the end that was also for nothing.
In the end, only Fio and Cerotto survived(and I guess Fabgo's misstress too???), Nero can technically count since we see him alive and don't see him die onscreen in the "both die" end
Sep 30, 2016 6:35 PM

Dec 2015
wideface said:
We were promised 91 days and only got 12.
False advertising.
3.7/10

I feel the same way about the movie The Neverending Story.
Sep 30, 2016 6:37 PM

Aug 2015
I really like ambiguous endings when they're done in this manner. I enjoyed this a lot, definitely one of my favourites this season.
Sep 30, 2016 6:40 PM

Feb 2015
Not much to say. A complete masterpiece for me.
Sep 30, 2016 6:52 PM

Sep 2013
Do you know what's actually disappointing? Seeing a bunch of people rating this show a 6 or 7. Meanwhile, Re:Zero still rates 8.73 (at least, though, people are slowly starting to realise how trash that show is; now onto the average at best Kimi No na Wa as well, hopefully!).

Anyways, even though this is not the ending most expected, it's a really good one. A mature show with great characters and superb story. Art and animation shook sometimes (many, actually), but it doesn't take the gloriousness this show provided. Hoping for a release with better visuals, so we can fully enjoy this brilliant show. Solid 9/10. Anime of the season.
Sep 30, 2016 7:53 PM

Oct 2015
Wow, a great ending to a great anime.
Sep 30, 2016 8:09 PM

Apr 2015
A touching end to a wonderful series.

I loved this show top to bottom.

(Honestly. it's what I had hoped Gangsta was going to be.)

I was beautiful and well executed. I cared about the characters and had fun with them. A very interesting setting as well.
Sep 30, 2016 8:14 PM

Sep 2014
I liked the open ending decision. This was my 3rd favorite from the season.

Shuka needs to step up their animation. I do like Nero's hair style though ^.^
Sep 30, 2016 8:19 PM

Jan 2015
So that's how the end become. Oh well. After all like Nero said, Avilio is empty inside.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 30, 2016 8:34 PM

Sep 2011
And everybody dies.

Sadly it was the ending itself that made me not care. That open ended ending really pisses on everything the show has built up to. We are following Avilio and his revenge story up until the very end. We are supposed to be invested in his character and we want to see how things play out for everybody until the very end. We then get this ambiguous middle finger as if to say it is up to us what happens.

As far as I am concerned Avilio gives Nero a second chance. Avilio is shot, dies, and is carried off by the tide (hence the footsteps just stopping, and anime never draws the fine details like blood in the sand after it was washed away by the tide). Nero drives away and is pursued by the guy in the car. His fate is less clear but ultimately gets cornered and is killed as well. That's how Ill interpret it because that is what should have been explicitly shown to us.
Sep 30, 2016 8:35 PM

Nov 2012
Good ending to a good anime. I think Angelo lived, Nero didn't kill him just like when they were younger. Maybe the ending with the ocean washing away the footprints means, washing away the past and starting new? Like, they now go their different ways and start new lives?

Sep 30, 2016 8:36 PM
Mar 2016
I'm enjoyed the series as a whole, although I wasn't a big fan of the open ending I'd still recommend this show to anyone. 9/10
Sep 30, 2016 8:53 PM

Dec 2013
Honestly, while I admit to feeling bewildered and slightly irritated by the ending at first, the more I think about it, the more I think it fits.

There are a lot of confusing and unclear pieces of evidence as to what actually happened; honestly, I think that was the point. It doesn't matter if either of them lived, because they had already lost everything. Nero lost everything because of Avilio; Avilio lost everything because of Nero and the other Vanettis. I think that the ending helps us to feel how they did: empty and uncertain, without a clear idea of what was ahead for them. I don't think that, at that point, either of them would have cared if they lived or died, which is why we get the unclear ending. The ocean wiping away their footsteps indicates that, in some way, they no longer exist, not in the way they did before, however that may be.

The one thing I can't quite come to an answer that satisfies me is Nero looking at the can of food and then smiling. Nothing I come up with seems to feel right, so I won't bother to put down my thoughts here. Anyone else have a better idea?

Overall, this show kept me entertained, and I looked forward to seeing it every week. I think it did fairly well in keeping things unpredictable, right through to the end, and though the animation lacked noticeably in certain episodes, the story was good enough to keep me hooked. It felt pretty realistic, which was a nice change from typical anime; the deaths were largely not dramatic and seemed meaningless, and the characters made choices that seemed much more likely in actual humans, and thus less like anime characters. I enjoyed the music a lot as well, especially in the last few episodes.

8/10 for me on this one!
Sep 30, 2016 8:56 PM
Jul 2018
I really loved the ending.

I'm really going to miss this show. It was one of my favorites this season & was what I looked forward to every Friday. Really nice show. :(
Sep 30, 2016 9:02 PM
Sep 2016
dede_rich said:
Honestly, while I admit to feeling bewildered and slightly irritated by the ending at first, the more I think about it, the more I think it fits.

There are a lot of confusing and unclear pieces of evidence as to what actually happened; honestly, I think that was the point. It doesn't matter if either of them lived, because they had already lost everything. Nero lost everything because of Avilio; Avilio lost everything because of Nero and the other Vanettis. I think that the ending helps us to feel how they did: empty and uncertain, without a clear idea of what was ahead for them. I don't think that, at that point, either of them would have cared if they lived or died, which is why we get the unclear ending. The ocean wiping away their footsteps indicates that, in some way, they no longer exist, not in the way they did before, however that may be.

The one thing I can't quite come to an answer that satisfies me is Nero looking at the can of food and then smiling. Nothing I come up with seems to feel right, so I won't bother to put down my thoughts here. Anyone else have a better idea?

Overall, this show kept me entertained, and I looked forward to seeing it every week. I think it did fairly well in keeping things unpredictable, right through to the end, and though the animation lacked noticeably in certain episodes, the story was good enough to keep me hooked. It felt pretty realistic, which was a nice change from typical anime; the deaths were largely not dramatic and seemed meaningless, and the characters made choices that seemed much more likely in actual humans, and thus less like anime characters. I enjoyed the music a lot as well, especially in the last few episodes.

8/10 for me on this one!

Nero was most likely smiling at the can to reminiscent of the good times he had with Angelo.
Sep 30, 2016 9:25 PM

Jun 2008
dede_rich said:

8/10 for me on this one!

This. Open endings are always frustrating in a sense because everyone wants closure - but there are so many times in life where we don't get it and have to come up with our own answers.

I think this ending was appropriate for this series and I think I would have probably been disappointed if it ended in any other way.
Sep 30, 2016 9:29 PM

May 2016
I think Nero killed Avillio and then died, for a few reasons. First, in the flashback we see him aiming at kid Avillio's back, closing his eyes and missing. This time he closes his eyes briefly but opens them again and fires.

Also when driving away, he sits next to a can of canned pineapples, the same that Avillio bought during their first trip, smiles and the scene ends. Those pineapples represent his memories of his friend, a memento of sorts.

Lastly, the guy who saw Nero might have not directly killed him, but instead started the events that led to Nero's death. It adds up when you analyze the pair of footprints, both are washed away by the waves, but one goes a little further than the other, that one represents Nero who lived more than Avillio, but also died. Thats my theory at least.
Ploiw123Sep 30, 2016 9:32 PM
Sep 30, 2016 9:36 PM

Nov 2013
The Japanese place specific meaning to certain visuals. For instance, way back when Tenchi Muyo! came out, I learned about a phrase "what do you know? I have legs!" in the series when Tenchi found himself unexpectedly alive after an incident. I learned that Japanese depict ghosts with no legs. So if one has legs, one is alive.

Now I wonder if a similar meaning applies to the footprints vanishing in the sand. If Angelo lived, would not the footprints on the left continue on? What I'm saying is this may be a metaphorical visual. They could represent the remaining lifespans of Nero and Angelo. Both ending after a short distance, but Nero's a bit longer.

If this is a metaphorical scene, that could explain the lack of a body or blood.

Overall, damned impressive series. A lot of anime get pretty boring, but this series is one of the ones that kept me awake and alert with anticipation. I can't remember being this captivated by a series since Ajin. Great series.
Sep 30, 2016 9:50 PM
Sep 2013
... What can I say? Now that 91 Days has ended, I've lost my will to live.

JK. But seriously, I don't think I've ever been this moved by a series before. I've never felt this satisfied. I don't want more. It ends here, but the open ending still leaves me questioning, but I won't go further until some official source gives us an answer. (BTW an novel has been written and released, giving us more detail and perspective outside of the anime). I still don't know what to feel. After each episode at about episode 4, I was bubbling when I wrote post-episode thoughts. Now I just don't know what I feel. It was really, really a great show for me, and I would genuinely consider being hypnotised to forget and watch it all again. Maybe because it's the end, there's nothing more to speculate about how the revenge plays out, that I feel so empty. Hopefully in the blu-ray, the quality is considerably improved.

About the ending. We all know Nero is in a rollercoaster of emotion, just like Angelo was when his family was killed that night. But Nero is an adult and despite how emotion-orientated he is, he doesn't shoot Angelo then and there in the car. Even if he did, he'd alert the roaming Galassias and make their escape much more difficult.

It's just them two now, Angelo and Nero, again on a road trip. And unlike episode 4, I think these two truly bond. Nero shows how trustworthy he is, despite the killer of his entire family being right by his side. Although Angelo is completely empty and apathetic, he also realises why he didn't kill Nero back then. They both have had everything taken from them. The only difference between them is their perspectives on living. For Nero, you just live, even without a reason to live. Angelo, he'd been empty for so long, and even after the revenge he still couldn't find a reason to continue living. The years of torment and despair he lived... if only he had been killed by Nero on that night with the rest of his family...?

That was another thing I wanted to talk about. Angelo... broke down, He cried. He cried because even after everything there was no sense of satisfaction. It was all for nothing. Nero realises that the actions of that night had led to the destruction of an entire mafia family. All because he couldn't shoot the boy that night, on someone's birthday (wasn't clear to Nero at that time, but it was Angelo's). If Angelo had been killed with the rest, no revenge would have followed and the families could have just kept on doing their business with less deaths.

And just like the lyrics of the opening, Angelo lost reason to kill Nero. He said so himself that the reason why he didn't kill Nero was because he didn't want to. He straightened his back as he walked past Nero, like he was deliberately showing his back to him. He gave Nero the chance to kill him, and I think Nero did. Angelo must have wanted to die, so he was fine if Nero killed hm. Nero sympathised Angelo, realising that despite what he said about just living, Angelo doesn't want to.

If you look at the footprints in the sand again, Angelo's foots steps are on the side closest to the water... He kept on walking ahead of Nero, but what's strange is that Nero's footprints are a few steps ahead of Angelo's before they stop. We don't know whether Angelo was really killed by Nero or if he lived. There were no traces of them walking back out from the sand, and no blood strain, nor are the waves strong enough to wash away a body. That's what you get with an open ending, or lack a sudden lack of realism in production, but it was an ending fit for a mafia-themed story.

I don't know what I'm blabbering on about anymore. I'm just so sad it's ended. Definitely Anime of the Season for me. I really wanna get my hands on the OST and the novel if possible. Cannot wait for the dubs. Time to sigh away. God I feel so empty.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I want to score this 91/100 (lol). I don't have a perfected or tough scoring system yet but I really love how the story let me overlook so many animation errors.
YellaTurtleSep 30, 2016 10:05 PM
Sep 30, 2016 9:52 PM

Jul 2012
When the credits started rolling with the waves crashing behind them I was thinking to myself it would be pretty cool if they showed the footprints in the sand of Nero and Avillio but show Nero's stop and go back while Avillio's continue. They kinda went for that but in a more obscure way which leaves it open but I didn't see any return footprints for Nero he did go back to the car after all. Eh I don't really care though.

Overall the anime was fine, Didn't really stand out or interest me. Really liked the opening though. 6/10
Sep 30, 2016 10:23 PM

Jan 2014
I just said "What the Fuck?" when it ended, and Idk if I should say it now, the end was too open, maybe because it's one of those that let you thinking and reflexing about it, but I didn't feel much when the last minute came...

Certainly it was surprising seeing Angelo break down to tears, and saying he wasn't satisfied after all he have done, that it was all for nothing...

Idk, but the fullfilled revenge setting isn't always showed in anime, most of the time it's about manga/LN adaptations that haven't finished, and it always finishes airing when the manga/LN still inomplete, or doesn't adapt the story at all, leaving a faint scent of a person seeking revenge...

That's one of the things that I can say I liked about this anime, started with a slow impact, but IMO improved after the 5th or 6th, although I didn't expect too much of the last episodes ...

It's a good one of this season, yet besides the revenge aspect, there's not much to remember...

7/10
Cuteness > Everything else
Cuteness is Love, Cuteness is Life
Sep 30, 2016 10:40 PM

Jan 2013
Can you tell me what the hell was that? I'm so mad I can't even.
Did he killed him? Like for real? I'm so angry I need to calm down. Angelo should just kill all the Vanetti and hasta la vista, baby. I wish I could give this series 8/10 but now it's 7/10 or even 6/10.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Sep 30, 2016 10:42 PM

Sep 2009
wow.

i really can't express how i feel about the finale. it was so bittersweet, but when i was talking to a friend about the impact of the episode the first thing she asked was "what was sweet about it?" prior to any context which for some reason really affected me because there wasn't a sweetness to this as all.

honestly, i loved how the pain and indecision that you can see from avilio in the op was reflected in his final moments in the end. in spite of living for revenge he still befriended nero and regardless of the fact that it started out as a lie in the end, it left a significant impact on him leaving in a revenge incomplete. though there wasn't as much development for him as i would've liked, his final answer to nero's question and his eventual breakdown seemed so right and true to his character which showed some great storytelling. on another note, the execution of this episode with the lack of chronology was a little confusing at first, but ultimately an interesting take.

even though the open ending kind of irked me, i still liked it because everything went full circle and once more we're faced with nero not wanting to pull the trigger for completely different reasons, even if it did feel like kind of a cop out. we can make our own ending for this series and there are solid arguments for both options and when i thought about it, i couldn't imagine seeing avilio's dead body as the last scene without it being extremely bizarre. honestly the whole scene--with the exception of the very end--was perfect to me with avilio's actions and words and how everything fell back into place. the final touch with the can of pineapples was sweet in spite of the kind of annoying and out of place(?) smile that nero had in the end.
Sep 30, 2016 10:43 PM

Nov 2012
not the kind of ending i anticipated, but it was not bad i guess. going to give this series a 6/10 overall
Sep 30, 2016 10:50 PM

Apr 2014
Flawfinder said:
This ending would have been a lot more effective if the show had bothered to develop the characters or the world in a way that didn't adhere to every goddamn gangster revenge story cliche under the sun.

Personally, it doesn't matter if Avilio lived or died. It's not important to the story and it definitely wouldn't change my opinion of 91 Days overall.

Amen to this. Average, just average
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2016 10:55 PM

Jul 2015
Honestly my favorite show of the summer. On a technical standpoint it's just a mish-mash of ideas taken from better mafia films, but I can say I would actually unabashedly recommend this show to others who are interested in something a bit more gritty and western.

2nd half and ending make up for the slightly lacklustre first
Sep 30, 2016 11:17 PM
May 2016
I like the open ending, one of better shows this summer.
Sep 30, 2016 11:37 PM

Jun 2007
He's still alive. Avillio kept walking while Nero shot. If Nero had killed him the foot prints wouldn't have stopped at the same exact place. Avillio's prints would have been longer. My hypothesis is that Nero shot and missed. Avillio stopped. Nero walked up to him and told him goodbye and to live. Nero gets in his car and leaves because he knew the mob was still after him. He gave Avillio a chance to live a life outside of the mob. With Avillio not returning with Nero, the mob will assume he's dead because they've seen the two together. This is how I think it played out anyway.
There's no other prints to indicate that Nero killed and pulled Avillio's body anywhere. There's no piles of sand either. It's confusing that they're no return prints either. I had originally thought that the second set of prints were Nero's return prints but when they show the close up they prints are going in the same direction...
Sep 30, 2016 11:46 PM

Dec 2015
I believe both of them still live. Nero wouldn't have mentioned not needing a reason to live if he had planned to kill Avilio afterwards.

YellaTurtle said:
(BTW an novel has been written and released, giving us more detail and perspective outside of the anime).

You can't say that without giving more information on it, dammit.
Oct 1, 2016 12:00 AM

Jul 2014
basspig said:

Now I wonder if a similar meaning applies to the footprints vanishing in the sand. If Angelo lived, would not the footprints on the left continue on? What I'm saying is this may be a metaphorical visual. They could represent the remaining lifespans of Nero and Angelo. Both ending after a short distance, but Nero's a bit longer.

If this is a metaphorical scene, that could explain the lack of a body or blood.

Ploiw123 said:

Lastly, the guy who saw Nero might have not directly killed him, but instead started the events that led to Nero's death. It adds up when you analyze the pair of footprints, both are washed away by the waves, but one goes a little further than the other, that one represents Nero who lived more than Avillio, but also died. Thats my theory at least.

I'm glad other people have said this now as well - everyone else's comments seemed to miss this
slackvariableOct 1, 2016 12:13 AM
Oct 1, 2016 12:07 AM

Jan 2016
this was really good darma
Oct 1, 2016 12:46 AM

Mar 2016
I never liked open endings but it doesn't really change how much I like this anime
TsebsiioayOct 1, 2016 12:59 AM
Oct 1, 2016 12:53 AM

Sep 2013
I absolutely hate open ended finales. I want to finish a show or movie with a definitive conclusion rather than leave with more questions. More than likely those to men are dead. It makes sense since neither of them have nothing to live for anymore.

Still doesn't change the fact that ambiguous finales leave me disappointed.

7/10
The story was great and entertaining for the most part. The intense scenes were done very well and added an enormous amount of drama. The characters in the show are forgettable and annoying on my end as I found myself not liking anyone. I was invested into the story and interested on how things will unravel in the end. Unfortunately, this finale was very underwhelming and ended it with a question mark.

I do have to say, Big Mexican was my favorite character of the series.

Oct 1, 2016 1:06 AM

Nov 2010
Fujoshit. I feel bad for wasting my time on this, but laughing at the QUALITY kept me going.
Oct 1, 2016 1:17 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah they both are alive, that's most likely, though I hope Nero got killed by those people.
Loved this show and really sad it's finished
Oct 1, 2016 1:24 AM
Jan 2015
Guys, I don't even know where to begin expressing my disappointment with the finale.

1) All the build up to the showdown at the Playhouse and we don't even get to see it??? Barbero, Nero's right hand was killed. He had his doubts about Avilio (Angelo) and we don't even get to see his I-told-you-so moment. And Vincent Vanetti, the head honcho himself, we don't get to see how he gets killed either. It's just disappointing. I was looking forward to it.

2) Avilio (Angelo) had come so far, sacrificed so much in enacting his revenge (RIP Corteo #CorteoDeservedBetter). It doesn't make sense why he chickened out of killing Nero. Did he bond with his target a little too much?

3) This doesn't have to do with the finale specifically, but I hate how the writers handled Corteo's character. He was a plot device through and through. Written to push the story forward but in a very contrived way. Obviously without his alcohol Avilio (Angelo) couldn't as easily have gotten into the mafia. But after getting in he completely ignores Corteo. There's very little chemistry between them. Just Avilio bossing him around. Avilio and Nero shared more chemistry imo. Episode 11 was really the only time we saw Avilio stop acting so cold towards Corteo and reminded the audience of their childhood relationship.
I just feel like for the most part Corteo was just there. There was not much else to cling to with his character. He was just tagging along with Avilio because Avilio told him to. Dragged into a life he never wanted a part of. Bossed around and ignored. And then disposed of through a self-sacrifice when his job for the plot was done.
Oct 1, 2016 1:33 AM

Jul 2007
Up to the end this show had different vibe than any other anime
I would like to watch another anime have the same vibe
Oct 1, 2016 1:36 AM

Jul 2014
Hate this open ending, but absolutely love everything that came before this. Sure, it isn't entirely original, what with how clearly it takes inspiration from Western gangster movies and how typical revenge stories, but it was extremely enjoyable and well-excuted nevertheless.

Ignoring the continuing Re:Zero from Spring, this is definitely AOTS for Summer from the shows that started (and finished) in Summer.

9/10
Oct 1, 2016 1:38 AM

Jul 2012
The finale felt a little underwhelming but I did like the open ending, those are always great.

Pretty great show overall and the whole mafia thing was really well done.. Too bad I didn't pay as much attention as I should have so I'm gonna re-watch this again one day. This was the show I looked forward to the most when it began and it sure delivered. AOTS for sure.
Oct 1, 2016 1:53 AM

Jun 2015
A meh, boring anime with a shitty ending, 5/10
Oct 1, 2016 1:56 AM

Mar 2015
Damn that ending song was awesome.

The ending was okay, could have been better. Solid 8/10.
Oct 1, 2016 2:04 AM
Jun 2013
One of the best this season, that ending was awesome. 8/10.
Oct 1, 2016 2:17 AM
May 2015
The sea was drawn very good it reminds the old animes.
But the one thing I didn't like it was the moment when Nero killed him, it has no meaning if he dies and the other one lives. I wanted it both of them alive.
Oct 1, 2016 2:43 AM

Mar 2013
An open end huh. At first I was like wtf but after reading comments here, I agree that it befits the anime well :D

Overall, the show was great. I looked forward to it every week. The way it handled the drama from the start to till the end was beautiful.
One aspect that I immensely loved about the anime was that when some words fails to convey the true emotions of a character, it is then the facial expressions that do all the talking. It emphasized more on the latter part which was really impactful.

9/10 for me. It was good stuff. Tho I feel it could've been better with 2 cour.
Oct 1, 2016 2:50 AM

Mar 2015
Like the footprints they left in the sand, to be swept away by the harmony of tides .

I loved how they paid so much homage to classic gangster movies while retaining some stylistic choices like that of Le Samourai. And being faithful to its own tone till the last moment.
Oct 1, 2016 2:50 AM

Feb 2016
Smudy said:
You have the nerve to end it like that...

There is definitely more to the footprints at the end but i really didn't want an ambigious ending to THIS series. A movie like American Psycho or the NGE movie really made this work, but here i really think that a completely conclusive ending would have been the better choice.

Angelo has no reason to live anymore, for that reason alone it's useless to make it open ended. He's dead when he's alive. Nero being alive surprised me. His smile really bugs me though.

7/10.

EDIT: I guess, you always get salty at an open ending right after. Now that you actually make the move to think about it, i guess the ending did its job.

8/10 (i was at this rating since episode 10)

I think Nero's 'you dont live for a reason, you just live'(or however it was), meaning he let him live was the other interpretation of the ending. I liked it, the whole part since min. 12 was very well made. I would give the show a 7/10 but the ending and soundtrack bumped it to 8/10. I also liked the many Shakespear references(like I mentioned in ep. 11 discussion)

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Oct 1, 2016 3:19 AM
May 2016
I think Nero missed the shot on purpose,which could explain why he smiled near the end of the episode and why we never seen Angelo's body.
Oct 1, 2016 3:20 AM

Sep 2014
I was expecting it to end by them both living , as Angelo's revenge wasn't to kill Nero immediately but to make him feel the same pain of losing family like he did 7 years ago. Didn't really expect Nero to shoot Angelo at the end but ofc it wasn't an impossible scenario. Now that they showed two pairs of footsteps I don't know how to interpret this. About Angelo I think this is clear if he was shot and footsteps stopped , but how with Nero..? If he walked back then there should be some prints back ( or he walked exactly back :l ? )

This was one of those shows that I wait for episode every week and watch it as soon as I can.. Which is rare in my case
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

183 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 14, 11:38 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

213 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 11, 12:53 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

119 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 8, 7:21 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

210 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 5, 7:53 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2016

174 by damoInstinct »»
Jan 27, 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.