Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Apr 16, 2021 1:00 PM

Jul 2013
Ahhh I really enjoyed this anime. 9/10 for sure. I've seen stories about revenge/vengeance before, but an anime focused on the 1920s Prohibition era mafias AND revenge was cool. The open ending doesn't bother me; in my mind, Angelo lived and found a new purpose in life :p (but reading some posts, I am agreeing with the theory that quannguy25 said)
Apr 22, 2021 9:36 PM

Apr 2020
Decent ending. Didn't reach my expectation but didn't disappoint either. This series might make me feel empty for a while because open endings always do that to me (cries).

Anyway, Nero was my fav character. I found him had more depth and c o o l e r than the protagonist.

Overall—it was a very nice series with awesome casts and storyline; unfortunately, it didn't stand out much

7 eyebags/10
Apr 23, 2021 7:37 PM

Aug 2017
doihavepotential said:
quannguy25 said:
spoiler:

so this is what i found out. In the end of the episode, he did get shot. if you go back to the scene where he wakes up in the house of galassia, you can see he was wrapped around with a bandage. also, when nero was driving back after shooting him, a car drove pass him, meaning the guy saved him and brought him back to galassia. its 5 am my explaining is bad but i hope you guys understand what im saying

rewatching that episode I can't help but agree. good catch like the middle where he dreams of the ocean before waking up, but he's never seen the ocean until he got shot

I re-watched it and it's a flashback, it happened after the Theater. Remember Avilio has a shoulder stab wound (it was inflicted by Barbero).

Apr 24, 2021 1:00 AM

Jan 2010
I'm fine with the cliffhanger ending. At this point, I feel the full story has been told, and everything after the Vanetti Family's demise is an epilogue. The full tale of revenge had been told, and all that was left was however 91 Days felt appropriate to end.

I always thought Angelo was just consumed by vengeance, but it seems he had deep-seated survivor's guilt, just as much as Nero. Additionally, with Nero asking why Angelo didn't just kill him, Angelo asking why Nero didn't kill him seven years ago made for, perhaps, the most impactful scene in the whole show. It really brings all the events of the show into a full circle, where betrayed friendships ruined every single person in this story. All the main members of the Vanetti Family tried to put family first, but their definition of family was more about their legacy, rather than the individuals themselves. As a result, they'd sacrifice their friends left and right, regarding death as a natural event that's just expedited by circumstances.

However, no matter how they try to justify their actions, ghosts of the past would still continue to haunt them. If it wasn't Angelo, it would have been someone else to bring an end to the Vanettis. Really though, the best thing about 91 Days was its portrayal of betrayal and revenge as being empty and pointless. For all the blood Vincent stained his hands in, it didn't save his family, it just changed the cause of its demise. For all the blood that Angelo spilt, it didn't revive any of his loved ones, nor did it give him any sense of purpose or satisfaction. Seeing Vincent and Angelo remark on their actions the same way toward Nero solidified that theme.

91 Days reminds me of The Count of Monte Cristo in some ways, where the titular Count, devoid of emotions, coldly seeks revenge for all the wrong he had suffered in the past. However, like the Count, Angelo finds a person, Nero in this case, who helps humanize him. Though, for Angelo, it was too late once he was forced to kill Corteo. At the end, it was, suitably, all for naught. Betrayal and revenge cycled back to back, and would only cease either once all involved parties were dead, or if everyone can somehow just stop fighting over power and pride. With regards to the ending, I have my theories regarding Angelo's fate, but I'm fine to have it be ambiguous.

Good stuff.
ShockedApr 24, 2021 1:04 AM
Apr 26, 2021 12:35 AM
Feb 2021
It was great...the ending still hunt me
Jun 4, 2021 5:44 PM

Jan 2021
I'm not a fan of ambiguous endings..but if we're talking Chekhov's gun, Angelo most likely lives and ends up in Florida.
CalmTeaTimeJan 9, 2022 7:00 PM
Jul 15, 2021 4:10 PM

Sep 2019
wasn't the best, and sometimes confusing becuase Angelo fucking imagined himself doing things but then they didn't happen.

But one thing is for sure, the feeling this show left on me really is something else, that last feeling that both the supposed protagonist and antogonist felt like they where in the same spot from a moral standpoint, I somehow didn't root for both but did at the same time, and you are left with this empty feeling, becuase the "bad guy" is a person too, he suffered as much as Angelo did, getting stripped of his own family and friends for not shooting the kid that ran away 7 years away.

Idk its hard to explain how i feel about it, all i know is that i liked this, even if it got boring halfway thru because i'm not that much into mafia stories, but it was a wild revenge story that ended up in a empty but strangly warm note between Angelo and Nero (even with the shoot at the end)
Jul 15, 2021 6:40 PM

Apr 2018
Almost everyone is dead.
And they literally stole his car, went on a date or something. Talked things out and that's it. I shouldn't have expected much from a revenge anime. It always ends up the same but this was very enjoyable. Some characters were interesting, most of them were not. Opening was an absolute banger, ED was fine too. OST was brilliant. Animation was alright. Rip Angelo.

An alright ending for a revenge anime.

7.5/10 (7/10 on MAL)
''You don't need a reason to love, you just live'' I'd be lying If I said that this anime had no good quotes..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 2, 2021 1:40 PM
Nov 2014
The best ending imo would be if both of them died and maybe that is what happened since there were footprints pointing only one direction right? So none of them went back?
But I'm not sure...sometimes I like open endings but most of the time I would prefer to know for sure.

I really liked this anime. Does anyone know sth similar? With main character as antihero?
Aug 9, 2021 4:29 PM
Sep 2020
I’d say Nero probably went through with it. Avilio had already realized his journey had come to an end, and he didn’t resist it. I wouldn’t see why he’d make a spur of the moment change of mind to try to kill him. and at least one of them died, because why would there be one set of footprints if Nero spared him?
Aug 18, 2021 5:54 AM
Jun 2021
I really liked it when they showed the washing away of the footprints... poetic end!
You don't need a reason to live, you just live#
that last smile of Nero tho...
Rust_RatedAug 18, 2021 5:59 AM
Aug 19, 2021 4:37 AM

Nov 2018
Angelo survived again and he has to find his own meaning in life.

Come on , Angelo was shown talking to Strega afterwards.Remember , how Angelo asked why he was saved , chronologically it only makes sense that he survived the shot , even though Nero's bullet actually hit him this time. Nero is most likely dead.

Footprints in ending don't 100% imply that both of them are dead , just that their journeys came to an end.It can easily being interpeted as Nero being dead and Angelo being alive , but having no destination in life.

Also , maybe I'm overthinking it , but there was only half of a footprint from one side. It probably means that one life ended halfway through , does it imply Nero died too early or that Angelo is alive , but has no reason for living anymore while other full footsteps pair being washed away implies that Nero died while he still wanted to live?

Either way I think Nero is 100% dead and Angelo is not.
ZevvenAug 19, 2021 4:50 AM
I hate everyone equally
Aug 22, 2021 1:56 PM

Nov 2018
By the way , Angelo wanted to leave Vanetti with nothing to make them feel the emptiness Angelo feels himself. Killing Angelo won't make him feel bad or regret anything he did , so Nero most likely made a non-lethal shot or didn't shoot at all and Angelo just tried to kill himself (like drowning in the ocean/ sea , whatever it was?) then he got saved??? Either way I think empty Angelo survived and Nero died.
I hate everyone equally
Aug 28, 2021 12:09 AM
Jul 2019
Zevven said:

Come on , Angelo was shown talking to Strega afterwards.Remember , how Angelo asked why he was saved , chronologically it only makes sense that he survived the shot , even though Nero's bullet actually hit him this time. Nero is most likely dead.

That was after the theater shootout. The bandage was over the same shoulder he got stabbed in.
Nov 4, 2021 9:23 PM
Nov 2020
So........ I totally missed the Tragedy tag. I thought he might die in the end because he couldn't find a reason to keep living but I know I didn't think it'd actually happen. Pretty much everyone dies. Oh well. Now I have to watch something happy to get rid of this sick feeling.
Nov 27, 2021 7:31 AM

Mar 2021
Tekakurika said:
So...

think this is like inception
Nov 29, 2021 2:17 AM

May 2020
After all that story? uhhh good. That ending was unexpected. Both can live or died. That funny trip moment before died, it hurt my feeling. That ocean moment remind me about Narcissu.
Dec 3, 2021 3:06 PM

Nov 2018
He survived. Nero faltered as he tried to shoot Angelo. There is no blood. The shot showing the sky and Nero's smile at the end confirms this. He thought "It doesn't make sense for me to kill someone for feeling and doing what I'm about to do." Even because he knows he was the one who destroyed Angelo's life first. They just learned that revenge doesn't satisfy anyone, and the best way to deal with situations like that is to start over and that's what they both decided. Nero must have asked Angelo to swim to some island to lose the man who was chasing them (he must be some Galassia's henchman checking if Angelo is going to kill Nero or not). Both went on with their lives, I'm sure :)
WadangDec 3, 2021 3:17 PM

Jan 6, 2022 7:07 AM

Apr 2020
Really good mafia story that made me watch the whole thing in a day.
Gave me Monster vibes. 8/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Feb 15, 2022 1:10 PM

Oct 2019
God, the ambiguity is KILLING me. That ending will haunt me for the rest of my days, although I think either way - whether Angelo and Nero lived or died - both alternatives would be fitting in their own ways. Someone described their final moments together having "an air of just dry bitterness" and I couldn't think of a more fitting expression.

The scene by the campfire really brought the story full circle in the most heartbreaking way. Probably the best moment in the entire show, just raw honesty and unfiltered emotions that both characters desperately needed to express in order to find some sort of common ground. The montage that followed made the ending all the more upsetting, seeing how their friendship could have worked out if it wasn't for their shared history and the tragedies that followed.

Great show, great final episode. Been a while since I watched something so gripping and consistently brutal. It delivered so many gut punches that I need to take a break from heavier shows for a while...
Feb 17, 2022 7:29 AM
Feb 2022
Noier type of show ay like it revenge was intresting all were cold blooded and it was sad
Apr 15, 2022 1:14 PM
May 2021
Perfect show for me
May 20, 2022 8:00 PM
Nov 2020
As someone who hates open endings because I see that as an excuse to do whatever shit they want and hope for someone waste time trying to connect the dots, this show is hardly open ended.

Angelo died - at the end of ep 11. There is nothing left for him. His family aside, he had to kill his only friend to keep his cover up. Still breathing or not is irrelevant.

The final ep is really all about nero fixing the crap he did long ago by letting the boy alive. His whole family was killed because he tried to spare angelo when he should commit to the kill or abandon the mafia if he couldn't. The most optimal outcome would be him killing angeloin the beach indeed - guy has nothing left, and nero would do him a favor.

But even if he survived for some warped decision (since nero wouldnt spare someone who killed evryone around him), there's no difference. angelo has nothing and nero has nothing. The end.

NakolHira said:
so who was the guy in the car ? I didn't recognise him

One of galassia's thugs sent to follow angelo and nero after nero grabbed him in the hotel room. He appears at the diner and sits on the counter. NEro notices he's being followed and leaves the place.
Jun 15, 2022 1:36 AM
May 2022
Read a comment on reddit today about this show and decided to give it a shot and I’m glad I did. As a big fan of the Scorsese movies, The Godfather movies, and overall just mafioso media in general, I thoroughly enjoyed this show. It reminded somewhat of the movie “Donnie Brosco” - a film about a FBI agent who goes undercover in a crime family and finds himself increasingly becoming more and more enthralled in to the gangster lifestyle, although not revenge based like Angelo. I really enjoyed watching how Angelo masterminded his plan and adjusted to the different circumstances. It was a bit confusing at the beginning to learn all the different characters, with the Orcos, Vanetti’s, etc, but after the first few episodes it’s impossible to turn off and had me hooked. Overall the ending doesn’t really change much for me. The story was already wrapped up at that point. To me, I believe that Nero killed him, as that’s what Angelo wanted, and that’s why the foot steps cut off at the beach. At the end, I give it a 9/10 overall and a series I’ll definitely recommend to others.
Jul 30, 2022 4:52 AM
Oct 2020
The ending could've been better but anyways, underrated show
Sep 9, 2022 5:37 AM
Nov 2021
10/10 anime absolute masterpiece
Oct 4, 2022 7:30 PM

Aug 2019
how am i supposed to live laugh love in these conditions

Men, Angelo.
Oct 9, 2022 7:34 PM
Nov 2021
It was a bittersweet end to what begun as a tragedy
Even though I felt sad for Angelo's end, it's completely understandable because he pretty much gave up on life the moment he saw his revenge complete and it was the end he intended from the very beginning (kinda because Corteo died and that was a huge hit to him)

I honestly don't think Nero let him live because the story needed to come full circle but then again, Nero told him that you don't have a reason to live, you just keep living.

n e ways, it was a great story
Oct 28, 2022 2:40 AM

Jul 2014
What an ending, I thought he'll end up killing Nero but in this anime the protagonist dies and the antagonist lives what lol
Dec 23, 2022 5:01 AM
Dec 2022
I liked it :) The ending was interesting.
p3ps1iDec 23, 2022 5:07 AM
Dec 23, 2022 4:37 PM
Dec 2022
BEST EVER, highly recommend the Dub
Jan 7, 2023 3:12 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
regular final, predictable, so I didn´t like!!! kekeke
Jan 20, 2023 10:16 PM
Nov 2021
They ended it just like that......
Feb 1, 2023 8:10 AM
Jun 2022
Well thats a good end...
Apr 13, 2023 5:59 PM
Feb 2022
Should've been 24 episodes
May 3, 2023 6:21 PM
Aug 2021
Shit was real good.
May 12, 2023 7:57 PM
Apr 2023
Amazing show, Great plot of revenge, Great twists, just an overall fun watch
May 30, 2023 12:31 PM

Nov 2011
The low budget animation made me laugh a lot during this show, but character design is one of the bests I've seen, imo ofc.
Thank you all forum-ers who wrote that:
I want to believe it. OVA didn't give me that answer, but you gave me hope :3
Jun 15, 2023 10:34 AM
Aug 2021
What a snoozefest of a show with unsatisfying stupidass ending. That idiot Angelo killed his own friend who took him in when he was an orphan. Angelo and Nero were gay for each other?? He reminds me of Throfinn from Vinland saga..both were annoying and cowards ending up riding their enemy's dicks.

Jul 12, 2023 8:11 PM
Oct 2017
I think his smile means something really important, he didn't kill him, because he knew that the best fate for Angelo was to leave him at his own means. Angelo had no will to live, he left him with his own misery, with his own emptiness, he had lost Corteo, his only brother, and now that he had finished his plans, he had nothing. Nero knew that if he left him alone, Angelo would end up committing suicide, knowing he hadn't achieved nothing, or that he would just continue on living, and he would feel miserable the rest of his existence, AND... if Angelo ever recovered or left the pitt of sadness and nothingness and became happy later in life, Nero would prove his point, he wouldn't need a reason to live, he would just keep on living. Just as he said in a previous episode, "I'll give him a reason to live".

Nero felt relieved he still didn't kill the one person he never was able to kill, Nero was happy because even when Angelo destroyed all his family, he didn't commit revenge back with him, he had become better than him, and felt relieved. If Nero died afterwards doesn't matter, since he had won the fight between the two of them.

Just as he said, you don't need a reason to live, you just live.
PhixiatelyJul 12, 2023 8:21 PM
Sep 12, 2023 6:24 PM

Dec 2009
Review of 2018:

The plots are kinda dull but the english voice acting is very good with the more rich diverse wide range better acting than the japanese I think. At least from the tiny bit I've heard.
It's also the more realistic fact of having italian accents and using fluent italian words in their speech. Gives off the better mafia feel to it all.

Unfortunately I was expecting a more dark and dramatic protagonist as a sociopath but he's very cool and collected with calculated plans to get in on who he wants to kill.

The pace in the story is kinda mellow in the sense that the anime is going smoothly with not much feeling of excitement in a way.
I'm not sure much stands out, and there's also the fact that most of the time I don't really understand the situation of the story and the whole mafia deal of what the fuck's happening and why. Not sure if it's clear but it's not to me.

The art had some stills and scenes with painting style which is a beautiful difference to most linear styles of keeping the style through the whole anime. Some nice 3d and animations overall as well. Very nice art.

... Gotta say the first half was a little dull but it got more interesting and exciting to an extent in the second half. More dramatic moments even though the tone was constantly soft in it's own style. Kinda realistic. Not much of extraordinary added emotion through music or cinematography. The style is pretty sharp in it's own flat way in the sense of it not being a "crazy" anime. The tone is... calm if that makes sense.

I liked the trauma of him not sleeping and seeing his dead friend in his mind after killing him and the strongest emotion from him that we finally see when he screams "You should have killed me 7 years ago!".

The twists and planning was pretty fucking cool. It was subtle but the action was pretty nice for it's moments. I was kinda hoping to see more of his crazy fighting skills but we never saw them again after the first episodes.

Like I said, it wasn't the sociopath protagonist which I was expecting and hoping for but in the end it was a decent watch. Interesting at the least especially after the second half. Few moments were very dramatic in my reaction but other than that most of the story was pretty chill for lack of a better explanation.

I wouldn't watch it again tho. Decent experience but nothing great.
Nice for a change tho. Rarely see slightly dark very serious tone tv like this.
Oct 19, 2023 11:52 AM

Jul 2022
8/10 because the animation was just not as good as what a story of this kind deserves.

Both Angelo and Nero are dead, at least in my version of the ending since this was somewhat an open-end ending :)

The crème de la crème of the show for me was after Angelo killed Corteo and said he'll join him soon, that energetic shift in his character really moved me and, it seems like, sped up and intensified the pace itself. Loved it.

I don't know if that's only me but as the more of the characters were killed off, the show itself became more and more enjoyable lol. I also liked Fango's character due to him being batshit insane AND my second favorite scene was when he served don Orco lasagna to those mobsters, oh my god that was so grotesque!

Since I've just finished the anime, Angelo and Nero's dynamic is something I did not digest fully quite yet. Or maybe I will just simply not do that bc it will make me really sad lol however, that was the powerhouse of the show, Angelo & Nero's relationship.

Okay start, wonky middle, fantastic ending and even better build-up!
Oct 27, 2023 1:30 AM
May 2021
Bruhh the ending.... I can confused
Nov 5, 2023 4:06 AM
Jul 2022
Sad ah ending, wished they added more corteo screen time he was the best character, volpe also seems really cool but killed so fast and easily, but this anime is some rellercoaster i rated it 10/10 but damn i was waiting whole time to see angelos body but i think i might need to watch the ovas
Nov 16, 2023 8:23 AM
Oct 2023
the ending is just... Memorable.
Jan 12, 1:51 PM

Jun 2015
What the hell! Just one big what the hell! What was this at the end? How was it concluded? Did Nero kill Angelo and throw his body in the sea? Did he let him walk free? And who was that in the car that passed Nero? I don't recognize him.

I can't even tell if I liked this episode or hated it.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 26, 3:49 PM
Sep 2016
Really good ending. Everything came full circle. They definitely watched Sopranos what with that "open ended" ending there.
Jan 29, 5:55 PM
Jul 2023
everything was in vain..
Feb 17, 7:47 PM

Dec 2022
I usually don't like ambiguous endings but for this show it was the perfect way to end.
Apr 3, 4:31 PM
Mar 2021
curti, final meio confuso
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

183 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 14, 11:38 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

213 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 11, 12:53 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

119 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 8, 7:21 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

210 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 5, 7:53 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2016

174 by damoInstinct »»
Jan 27, 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.