Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 24, 2016 3:47 PM

Nov 2014
From the beginning, in my opinion, this series did not have a great drama, but for some reason, it made us support Avilio, even though he is doing all this killing, even Corteo.

And then this episode came, what a satisfying episode to watch. Seeing desperation in Nero's face, knowing is family is destroyed, his father death, and everything else he knows Avilio did.. really nice revenge indeed.

This series started off slowly, and all of a sudden, they started rushing things, which is a shame. I liked how the pace was going, seeing how the mafia world trully is, this anime made a good job picturing what mafia was like back in the days, I'm not complaining, I just wanted more episodes.

At last, let us have a proper ending and I might give this series a 8/10. Good story and characters.

Sep 24, 2016 3:53 PM

Apr 2008
"Now I will take everything from you."

That's pretty much it. Avilio is gone, and he leaves chaos in his path. For the Vanetti and the Gallasias.

Now he'll have to answer to Strega.

TBH, glad Ganzo got took out, selfish prick. He was using Avilio too.

It's also interesting to see Vincient's softer side. Nero says "It's for the Family", but the Family ruined Avilio. Or well, Families.
Sep 24, 2016 4:01 PM

Jul 2010
Some deaths felt like complete asspulls but pretty solid ep overall.
Sep 24, 2016 4:06 PM

May 2015
Meh, boring episode again. I guess I'm really just not smart enough to fully comprehend this story. There was also way too much shooting and deaths this episode.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Sep 24, 2016 4:22 PM

Sep 2013
Go man!!! Fuck 'em all!! Vanetti family will be wiped out by the Galassias and Nero will face-off vs. Angelo (maybe with Strega's help).
Sep 24, 2016 6:51 PM

Sep 2010
This episode was really better than the last one. I didn't understand the poor setting, drama, errors, direction and the terrible animation in the last one. Animation is yet no good, but the last one was terrible.

I really liked this series as a whole apart from episode 10.

It was obvious that he was going to kill the galassias's boss but i liked it, it was a good ending.
War_lotharSep 24, 2016 6:54 PM
Sep 24, 2016 7:01 PM
Jun 2013
fantastic episode, Angelo quickly used the chaos to his advantage and that letter actually came in handy. Can't wait for next week's final episodes actually enjoy this a lot this season.
Sep 25, 2016 3:59 AM

Dec 2012
Loved the twist ! I didn't expect this, but Avilio make the good choice. This man created a war alone.
Sep 25, 2016 4:06 AM
Apr 2014
I don't get it. I mean it is fine that he killed the other guy but why didn't he kill Vanetti, too? I guess Nero is simply alive for a climax in the final episode. It's kinda stupid though. Considering Nero is angry because his father died but Angelo didn't even kill him. I mean Nero has enough reasons to hunt Angelo but this scenario is soo weird >.>

Curious how this is going to end.

edit: almost forgot. Ganzo deserved it. He was going to do the same shit Nero's brother tried to do already. I hate people who only want to become a marionette for whatever illusive reasons they think they are doing the right thing.
Sep 25, 2016 4:53 AM
Feb 2016
I watched the episode yesterday evening and I think it's one of the thrilling episodes of the serie if it's not the MOST trhilling. I didn't expect Avilio killing Don Galassia. I expected the fact that Ganzo was using Avilio who will kill him after all even if he "helped" him and I was amazed by Avilio's plan and how he managed to get out "safely" of this mess. The moment when Valbero saw him killing Del Toro I thought it was the end for Avilio but when I saw how the situation has turned I was relieved and got goosebumps the whole episode. (I remembered that I gasped and held my hands on my mouth for the rest of the episode). The best idea ever : "how to ged rid of your foes? Easy, just make them kill each other..." Poor Avilio he's seeing Corteo everywhere, it broke my heart! I can't wait for the next episode but I have to... *yoga pose* calm down.

I didn't have and still don't have any problems with the pace of the story. It wasn't neither slow nor quick. It was a normal pace with thrilling elements. That's what makes this story look "realistic".

I didn't really focus on the chara design, the story was so breathtaking that I didn't notice when it goes down. I'd rather say that I liked the chara design.

Even if there is one more episode left it's still breathtaking! What will happen between Avilio and Strega? An alliance? And how he'll fulfill his revenge? aaaaah I can't wait *yoga pose* *breathing*. This is one of my favourite shows of this summer! For now I give it a 9/10 I'll see how it'll end before I can decide to give it a 10 or not.

Best Mafia Anime Forever!
Otaku-kun01Sep 25, 2016 4:58 AM
Sep 25, 2016 5:55 AM

Sep 2015
This episode is the best one yet, didnt see that coming. It was a masterful plan, it will be interesting to see how this net episode closes this series.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Sep 25, 2016 6:00 AM

Sep 2016
Damn, what a great episode, I wonder how things will end now.
Sep 25, 2016 7:41 AM
May 2016
I'm glad this series turn out to this point, the heavy drama along with its dark elements. A lot of revelations just got unraveled. Avilio got more driven mad. His revenge that his doing just result to make another loss for him, his prescious friend. He got blinded by his revenge, that there still someone out their for him and now he loss a reason to live, poor Avilio. Nero and Avilio battle next week. Well I'm hype for the finale, looking forward for how this will going to end.
Sep 25, 2016 8:10 AM
Dec 2015
Bushishi said:
Kirigiri50 said:
Very good episode. I find Vincent vanneti far more redemming than Nero vanneti and Barbero. He regret his actions and decide to sacrifice his bestfriend for his goals. But he doesn t want everything to be pointless that killing Testa lagusa allowing him to achieve something which was peace between Vanneti and Galassia.

But Angelo destroy that rendering Vincent efforts and killing Testa and Angelo family pointless. On other hand Nero is jerkass who think family name is more important than anything Even more than friends and family. I think Nero should die even If he succed in Killing Angelo. The Galassia will still eliminate him and his entire family.

In the end of this story Angelo true winner with Galassia being runner up while Vanneti will be destroy and are ruins.

5/5 Awesome series

It's incredibly ironic how Angelo's goal has been to avenge his family, yet, now he made the very death of his family pointless. In fact, Angelo almost BECOMING the very people he wants dead, has been a recurring theme:

-Killing an involved man under Nero
-Killing someone's brother
-Attempting to kill someone's wife and daughter
-Killing his own BROTHER (even though he still did it to stay alive)
-Everything he did at the playhouse.

It'd be so awesome if someone would really start calling out on Angelo's hypocrisy.

You seem to have the wrong idea about "revenge". It's not pretty since it's driven out of hate. Also, you cannot call Angelo a hypocrite when he isn't even saying that his suffering is better/worse than that of Nero's. He's not here to make peace with "justice". He came back for payment, and Angelo is more than aware of his sins. That's why he plans to die at the end, to see his punishment. That's his difference with the Vanettis (bar Vincent but definitely not Nero), who doesn't intend to pay for their sins.

I'm so sick of Nero fanboys who downplays his bastardness and call out Angelo's wrongdoings. In the first place, this wouldn't have happened if they didn't kill the Lagusas. The killing of Corteo was the final blow for the audience to give up on Nero and fully support Angelo.

No one is going to call out on Angelo for what he's done not because he's justified or on the right but it's because a good and perfectly satisfying end for a revenge story.
Sep 25, 2016 8:12 AM
Aug 2016
Another fantastic episode! I just love how they showed us Angelo's character dynamics ,how he feels all sorts of emotions and he isn't just a robot ,this makes the show more realistic . I have to say ,killing Don Galassia wasn't a huge surprise but I like how it was executed ,very incredible buildup. And as for Angelo's plan ,I believe getting caught by barbero wasn't a part of it (Although he still used it to his advantage sly bro), but killing Ganzo was(Ganzo thought he was using Angelo but it was the other way around).I have a feeling that Angelo will die for sure next episode but maybe not by Nero's hands but that Strega guy.Finally I'm super hyped for the finale XD!!!!!
Sep 25, 2016 9:36 AM

Sep 2014
Episode is a real bloodbath. Pretty "fun" playhouse opening I should say. As we saw in the end , Avilio encountrered Strega outside and since Strega appeared only in this episode I wouldn't like Avilio to be killed by the guy who appeared just one episode back.

It is clearly seen how Avilio looks different now , now that he had to kill Corteo I really want him to avenge his family , but also I don't kinda feel any Empathy for Nero .. I guess I will accept the ending no matter what it will be.
Sep 25, 2016 10:23 AM
Aug 2016
Rio_Pascua said:
Bushishi said:

It's incredibly ironic how Angelo's goal has been to avenge his family, yet, now he made the very death of his family pointless. In fact, Angelo almost BECOMING the very people he wants dead, has been a recurring theme:

-Killing an involved man under Nero
-Killing someone's brother
-Attempting to kill someone's wife and daughter
-Killing his own BROTHER (even though he still did it to stay alive)
-Everything he did at the playhouse.

It'd be so awesome if someone would really start calling out on Angelo's hypocrisy.

You seem to have the wrong idea about "revenge". It's not pretty since it's driven out of hate. Also, you cannot call Angelo a hypocrite when he isn't even saying that his suffering is better/worse than that of Nero's. He's not here to make peace with "justice". He came back for payment, and Angelo is more than aware of his sins. That's why he plans to die at the end, to see his punishment. That's his difference with the Vanettis (bar Vincent but definitely not Nero), who doesn't intend to pay for their sins.

I'm so sick of Nero fanboys who downplays his bastardness and call out Angelo's wrongdoings. In the first place, this wouldn't have happened if they didn't kill the Lagusas. The killing of Corteo was the final blow for the audience to give up on Nero and fully support Angelo.

No one is going to call out on Angelo for what he's done not because he's justified or on the right but it's because a good and perfectly satisfying end for a revenge story.

I agree , Angelo is a dark avenger not a hero of justice and at the very least he's aware of the demon he has become and is willing to punish himself at the end ,while on the other hand , the vanittie's think of killing like it's nothing and they just go on with their daily lives (I know Angelo also did that with Vanno and Volpe but as I said before he's aware of his sins)Nero didn't get that affected by Frate's death,Neither did his father by testa's death while as we just saw in this episode the guilt is torturing Angelo on the inside and outside.
Sep 25, 2016 1:08 PM

Jun 2013
Barbero's death was sad i mean the dude knew something was up oh man i just can't wait for the last episode
Sep 26, 2016 2:36 AM

Feb 2014
Avilio! You sadistic genius!

Just when you think you have this show pinned down - BAM! Plot twist again.

I'm not sure what to expect for the final episode, looking forward to it, will be sad when it's over.

I wonder if it will end with both Nero and Avilio dead. I dont think he minds dying for his revenge, he did mention he'd see Corteo again soon.
NaminaeeSep 26, 2016 2:41 AM
Sep 26, 2016 3:04 AM

Feb 2016
The show has amazing references with Macbeth and the rest of Shakespears works through the episode titles(and content) 'Blood will have blood, A poor player, Brief candle, Black and deep desires' are all parts of famous passages from the play, so im guessing the ending will be as tragical as in Williams work. Im pretty sure Angelo seeing Corteo's shadow everywhere was also a reference to Macbeth.

The performance in the playhouse was also Macbeth.

'Proof of good faith' was probably from Shakespears 'Coriolanus'. 'All for nothing' references to his 'Much ado about nothing'.

@Bushishi just for you <3
SpaghettiSpikeOct 1, 2016 11:12 AM

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Sep 26, 2016 11:26 AM

Feb 2015
Hm. Obviously the plan didn't go exactly how Angelo had hoped, but I'd say it was pretty damn successful. Now that the Glassias don is dead, the 2 families will kind of finish each other off. If they do the last episode well with Angelo vs Nero, I'll move this show up to a 10/10. EDIT: okay maybe it was how he hoped? Can't remember if Angelo got injured.
Sep 26, 2016 11:31 AM

Feb 2015
Eve778 said:
Meh, boring episode again. I guess I'm really just not smart enough to fully comprehend this story. There was also way too much shooting and deaths this episode.
Have you not been following the story at all? Do you not see the significance of the deaths?
Sep 26, 2016 12:28 PM

Dec 2012
That moment when Angelo sees the shadow of Corteo at the stairs, so eerie...

!!!

What a turn of events! "This time, I'll take everything away." Talk about a man with a mission, Angelo just set the world on fire. By killing Don Galassia, he sealed the fate of the Vanetti family. Don Vanetti spends his final moments in despair as he watches everything he built fall apart and Nero loses his reason to live. Even though Angelo's revenge is completely understandable, I can't help but be sad for Nero. Especially since his hands were technically clean on the matter.

Lawless is truly a fitting name for what has transpired.
Sep 26, 2016 4:02 PM

May 2015
Luke72 said:
Eve778 said:
Have you not been following the story at all? Do you not see the significance of the deaths?
I've been trying to follow the series, but it's just really confusing for me. As I stated in my above post, maybe I'm simply not smart enough to fully comprehend the story.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Sep 27, 2016 6:58 PM

Oct 2011
holy. ....just amazing omg
Sep 28, 2016 1:16 AM

Mar 2014
only if they save up more budgets for the last few episodes then this series will be the masterpiece no doubt
Sep 28, 2016 2:13 AM

Sep 2013
Got some godfather 3 feels from this episode,god this anime had potential but you can't do shit with 12 eps,if the last ep is good its going to be a 7 for me
Deep dark fantasies
Sep 28, 2016 12:23 PM
Aug 2013
Eve778 said:
Luke72 said:
I've been trying to follow the series, but it's just really confusing for me. As I stated in my above post, maybe I'm simply not smart enough to fully comprehend the story.

Angelo killing the Galassia Don instead of Vincent makes Strega (Galassia nephew) believe that Gonzo had betrayed the Galassias and so he orders the eradication of the Vanettis in retaliation. Angelo then leaves Vincent alive to suffer through the last moments of his life knowing that the Vanetti family is no more and everything he did to preserve it was for nothing.
Sep 28, 2016 1:09 PM

Nov 2013
Mass deaths and violence is a trademark of mafia stories, so it's no surprise here.

Angelo's plotting of his revenge is truly brilliant. Many people would have lost their cool long ago and tipped their hand, only killing perhaps one person, but Angelo understands leverage. Using the two families against eachother.. genius.

Sadly, like anything in the mob world, I don't think this will end well for Angelo.

Great series. I didn't expect much, but great art, animation and oh, that opening sequence choreography is a thing of beauty.
Sep 28, 2016 3:51 PM

Jul 2015
This episode was so f*cking great, the way he killed Galassia and because of that every Vanetti was annihilated, except for Nero. GREAT!!! I am loving this anime
Sep 28, 2016 4:03 PM

Apr 2012
That is pretty smart of Avilio
Kill Don Galassia and have the Galassia family wipe out the Vanettis in retaliation.

Sep 28, 2016 4:42 PM

Feb 2015
I really liked this Anime... but the last 2 episodes' frames were very bad.
I don't know if they are short on money or what... I feel like they didn't intend for the story to become like this, and they changed the story because of the money... and only recently I saw on MAL the total number of episodes, cause it was unknown until recent episodes.
I hope it's not something like that!
Sep 28, 2016 8:55 PM

Oct 2008
This episode was a slaughter-fest!
Brutally cool!
Why didn't Avilio personally kill Vincent Vanetti!? but instead the Chicago dude don...maybe because he know everything would eventually go down!
5/5!
(I was so sleeply the 1st half but the 2nd half make my sleepiness go away!)

Sep 28, 2016 11:19 PM
Feb 2016
salahaddin94 said:
I don't know if they are short on money or what... I feel like they didn't intend for the story to become like this, and they changed the story because of the money... and only recently I saw on MAL the total number of episodes, cause it was unknown until recent episodes.

I heard that they had already finished the whole plot for this series before the first episode was made and there isn't that much big change from it.
Sep 29, 2016 1:24 AM

Feb 2015
KolmeDG said:
salahaddin94 said:

I heard that they had already finished the whole plot for this series before the first episode was made and there isn't that much big change from it.

That's great, thanks
Sep 29, 2016 6:17 AM
Aug 2016
I just saw episode 12 preview and now I'm super hyped! It looks like there's a chance of Nero sparing Angelo , and it seems like they'll have a talk first . I feel like there's also a chance that Angelo still wants to die anyways and asks Nero to shoot him . I can't wait for tomorrow XD (btw Avilio still looks broken and empty AF )
Sep 29, 2016 8:48 AM

Nov 2014
Doomdoctor said:
This is probably anime's best attempt at a revenge story till now.

Ooh, post-credits hype. Can't wait to see how the last episode will go.

Yeah I thought it was all wrapped up in 11 episodes (I thought the recap makes the run 12 episodes, but it actually doesn't)
Sep 29, 2016 10:47 AM

Mar 2015
insignificant101 said:
I just saw episode 12 preview and now I'm super hyped! It looks like there's a chance of Nero sparing Angelo , and it seems like they'll have a talk first . I feel like there's also a chance that Angelo still wants to die anyways and asks Nero to shoot him . I can't wait for tomorrow XD (btw Avilio still looks broken and empty AF )

Maybe, there will be a duel.
Sep 29, 2016 12:19 PM
Aug 2016
Tlahuizcapante said:
insignificant101 said:

Maybe, there will be a duel.

I really hope so. But I feel like at this point Angelo lost his motive to live let alone his fighting spirit, plus Nero experienced a similar pain as Angelo so he understands his suffering more , so I think they'll resort to dialogues before fists.I still could be wrong so we shall see tomorrow :)
Sep 30, 2016 1:03 AM

Oct 2015
Th episode was awesome atleast Nero now knows Avilio has betrayed them and those guys were using him to kill Vincent. Too bad it backfired on them in the end, and the other thing he was the one who brought corteo to his revenge plot its rightful he should feel guilt about his death.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 30, 2016 8:05 AM

Jun 2013
Del Toro is so badass. He got stabbed with three knives and he was still able to take his attackers down.

Angelo is dead or will be soon. Obviously. This series won't be complete until he dies alongside Nero. For some reason, I can see Nero being alive in the end but Angelo ending up dead.
臭い-
Sep 30, 2016 12:02 PM

Oct 2012
Wow, the episode with the opera playing on the background was just perfect.
Everything gradated nicely. Massacre awaits.

But... in the end he didn't kill Vincent, he let him suffer knowing Vanettis are over, what an irony.
Oct 2, 2016 12:16 AM

Jul 2008
Angelo you played the part brilliantly.

And Barbero's death was extra sweet.
Oct 7, 2016 1:33 PM

Aug 2014
What an absolute madman Avilio is!
Oct 9, 2016 11:33 PM

May 2014
"I'll give Avilio something to live for", eh?
Oh but you already have, Nero.

Wow Angelo just caved and after all that trauma you can't really blame him.
His actions were definitely unexpected, but understandable and make way more sense. I mean, what's the point in killing an already half-dead man when you can make him suffer in psychological torment first?

Although it's sad...there are definite parallels between the don and Angelo, with them both killing their best friends for some "greater purpose" which turns sour for them anyway.

Anyway, Angelo has basically ignited a gang war, or well, more of a massacre of the Vanetti family...that's pretty much the perfect revenge I guess. Still, I can't help but feel most sorry for Nero...everything is being taken from him and he's taking the role of Angelo this time around.

All because he couldn't pull the trigger the first time. I wonder if he'll finish Angelo or if Angelo will kill him...they both have justifiable reasons at this point.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2016 2:32 PM

May 2012
Damn nice buildup to the ending, let's see what the last episode has to offer!
Oct 20, 2016 12:27 AM
Mar 2012
When I thought plot's settling down, Avilio wrecks chaos in both families. The letter thing made sense afterwards, that it'll keep Ganzo out of suspicion, & Avilio smart enough to predict he might get caught, but then got a free kill from Galassias.
Toro a complete tank.
Some lines were quite powerful. Avilio says things are perfect with a smile & knife in a shoulder, complete madman. And poor Vincent, lost everything he built.
Oct 27, 2016 2:06 AM

May 2016
Angelo's been dazing around because of Corteo. I guess he really did smile out of grief. The biggest discovery I had was that Luttece was a boy ,_,

Del Toro put up such a great fight that he should've been bodyguard of the month. Killing the two attackers that stabbed him thrice only to be killed by the MC. GG~

Barbero's so salty that his brain dried up. Calling in Ganzo first witout Nero was the biggest mistake he'd ever made. 'I'm gonna protect Nero mys-'*bang*

Avilio did a very devilishly clever thing. Kill Don Galassias so his family will finish off the Vanettis because it wasn't in the plan. It's raining lead will all those Tommy guns over the place. Ganzo definitely had it coming.

Vincent fulfilled his dream yet died with regrets anyway. Nero's mad.

Avilio didn't really think of his escape plan through, did he? He's gonna get tortured.

Dec 22, 2016 7:48 PM

Mar 2015
I like how Avilio always seems to be one step ahead of everyone - even the uncle who is now dead and vengeance fully exacted!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 9, 2017 10:31 AM

Apr 2016
holy shit avilio is one crazy son of a gun
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2016

449 by pontes13 »»
Apr 3, 4:31 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

213 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 11, 12:53 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

119 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 8, 7:21 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

210 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 5, 7:53 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2016

174 by damoInstinct »»
Jan 27, 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.