Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 16, 2016 6:45 PM
Mar 2016
Did not expect any of that, especially after the last episode I expected this episode to go in a much different direction.

On another note Corteo was very accepting of his death.
Sep 16, 2016 6:54 PM

Jan 2014
Rip Corteo.

Now any chance of Avilio ever sparing Nero went straight down the drain. If Avilio ever had any doubts, now they are as dead as Corteo. Now he's even more fueled to f-ing kill the fuckers, and he will.
Sep 16, 2016 7:01 PM
Sep 2016
glaceon_cute said:
I honestly dont know what to say about this episode. I almost cry when Avilio repeated "Why you come back" again and again.

As people have say, I have always thought Corteo would be threw away by Avilio, but this ep just proved me wrong in so many levels. Avilio still has lots of emotions, he remembers his brother, cares about Corteo. He has never threw away feeling for family.

Avilio is a kind of character that I have been waiting for so long in there recent anime seasons.

Now more reasons to kill Nero, and now I cant understand why the opening and even the Jonathan & David story hinted at Avilio gets attached to Nero, although the bond between them is not that strong even in ep 10?

"Dead is a salvation" fits perfectly for characters in this series.

Yeah, Angelo's definitely one of the much more complicated anime protagonists. Morally ambiguous. Cold, but clearly not emotionless whatsoever.
I had doubts, but no more. Nero's gonna die. Vincent may have been the one to have killed his family, but 10 years must have cooled down Angelo's hatred a bit. But Nero...oh, he signed his own death warrant.
Sep 16, 2016 7:01 PM
May 2010
Oh no.. I didn't want Corteo to die. That was a sad episode. I don't want to admit it but I cried lol.

I just hope at the end Angelo will be able to finish his revenge: kill Nero, Vincent and even Ganzo. If not, killing Corteo and avenging his family will be in vain.
niareeSep 16, 2016 7:08 PM
Sep 16, 2016 7:34 PM

May 2008
Only 2 episodes left. :'(
Sep 16, 2016 7:49 PM

Sep 2014
Do you guys remember how Avilio made Nero kill his own brother? Now Nero made Avilio kill his own brother as well!

A while back I though this would be a possibility for Corteo's death, didn't actually think Avilio was going to go through with it.
Sep 16, 2016 7:56 PM
Feb 2015
I dont think nero is the one to be blamed/killed for what happened to avilio's family (although demanding corteo's death is another story+ avilio focuses on killing nero like he's the one who wanted to go to lagusa's house and butcher them),, the fault is alll on vincent, nero was just a kid back then dragged around by his father that wanted to becomce the don,, he even confessed that he couldn't kill anyone...
But by now everyone is gonna get killed anyways😂
Sep 16, 2016 8:04 PM
Nov 2015
This was a really emotional episode. Now the only one we could call "a good guy" has died.
Sep 16, 2016 8:08 PM
Sep 2013
I needed a few hours of cool down time after this episode.

I'll admit it, I was a fucking mess in tears. I haven't ever gotten this emotional over something that's not a love story or much less mafia related.

They've had it rough. Angelo and Corteo, I mean. Corteo has hated mafia his whole life after what they did to his best friend and brother. Angelo on the other hand had been an empty shell until he received a spark to light his flame for vengeance. What made Corteo's death much more painful was how well his and Angelo's relationship was developed. They finally had their long needed catch up. But all of it was taken away. And Corteo was prepared for that. He wanted to start a new life with his brother. I guess it'll have to wait in the next or after life... if there is one.

The music. The music was what made it so much better. It reached my heart, and struck the most fragile chord. I think this is also the most emotional Angelo has been out of the whole series. Not out of rage or frustration, but sadness and bliss. His smiles were the most precious when he spent time with his brother. The last smile at the end was just what confirmed the severing of his and Nero's 'bond'. There WILL BE NO SAVING of Nero's life. There will be more deaths, and Angelo will definitely be one of them

Aside from all of that, many people have complaints about the animation quality, and I do as well, but the story there is what will save anime.

2 episodes to go. Let's see what else Shuka can do to me.
Sep 16, 2016 8:22 PM

Jun 2015
I cried a little bit at the end there good episode even though the beginning had some pretty low quality animation.
Sep 16, 2016 8:32 PM

Dec 2012
Aww so sweet to see Avilio & Corteo just eat together & hang out for a bit like family.

Ganzo wants it all.

Corteo returning & Avilio ending up having to shoot him. That was really sad.
R.I.P Corteo.
The path to revenge continues to hurt.

Some really nice music throughout the episode.
BROTHERS FOREVER!!
Santoryu_XBurnerSep 16, 2016 8:45 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 16, 2016 8:44 PM

Sep 2013
RIP Corteo. Avilio will be seeing you shortly.

Gonzo's motivates came off as a bit anti-climatic and weak. I'd like to think maybe there is some other reason, but there isn't really enough time for that.

And is it just me, or for the past few weeks (ever since Frate died), Nero has seemed rather distant from Avilio (and as a result, us)?
Sep 16, 2016 8:48 PM
Feb 2016
Aw man, why Corteo...? I knew it was pretty likely that this would happen, but still! T_T
Sep 16, 2016 8:51 PM

Dec 2015
>:(((((((((((( SHIT'S GONNA GO DOWN NOW! Barbero you're next >:(
~
Sep 16, 2016 9:21 PM
Aug 2016
I think everybody's said what had to be said regarding Angelo, Corteo, Nero and Ganzo, but I'm curious about someone else.

Who's the young blonde guy at the beginning reading the newspaper? He's with Tigre waving goodbye to Avilio when he boarded the boat. He's with the Vanettis, as seen in episode 8 and then briefly again later when Corteo barged in the room to "save" Avilio. He just kinda randomly popped up all of a sudden, could he be Angelo's little brother Luce who supposedly died???
Sep 16, 2016 9:37 PM

Jul 2015
So, this episode reveals why the name of the show is 91 Days with Corteo stating it's been 3 months since they met, the show will probably end the next day?
Sep 16, 2016 9:57 PM

Dec 2015
Here-Hear said:
So, this episode reveals why the name of the show is 91 Days with Corteo stating it's been 3 months since they met, the show will probably end the next day?

Doubt it, the playhouse needs a few days to open with it's performance. Angelo will have to orchestrate a mass-killing to take out the Gallassias and Vanettis which seems unlikely, it's just not his style.
~
Sep 16, 2016 10:01 PM

Jan 2015
Hey, Corteo is back. Oh wait, that's a bad sign for him.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 16, 2016 10:53 PM

Dec 2013
Again, this anime has succeeded in leading the audience (or at least most of us, it seems) to believe that one thing is going to happen, only to have something else happen instead. Since most other anime plots (or plots in general) would usually have had the main character somehow avoid having to kill his friend, or at least would have had him outright refuse to do it before eventually giving in, OR EVEN have had the friend kill himself, this one had Avilio kill him with next to none of that. While I agree that I probably could have done with just a little bit more emotion between Corteo and Avilio at that final moment, I think the lack of it actually added something unique--it shows just how determined Avilio is, how bent on his revenge he is and how he will stop at nothing to get it. It truly makes an interesting statement of his psyche; killing Corteo didn't seem like an overly large ordeal for him, because, as he says, he plans to see Corteo soon anyway in death. Avilio has already thrown away his life so that he can fulfill his only purpose he has made for himself and to kill those who killed his family.

At this point, it seems like Avilio either plans to kill himself after achieving his revenge, or he is aware that he won't get away after killing the Vanettis/won't escape alive. I wonder if Avilio and Nero will end up killing each other at the same time. Regardless, my little bit of hope I've been holding onto that Nero would actually be shown to be a good person and that Avilio wouldn't be able to kill him is pretty much gone. Who knows what we'll see in these next few episodes.

While the animation was better than the last episode, I wish it would be just a tiny bit better. However, the unconventionality of this anime has me hooked, and there's no way that I can stop watching until I see the end.
Sep 16, 2016 10:57 PM

Nov 2012
oh shit, i didn't expect avilio to actually pull through with killing corteo.
Sep 16, 2016 11:04 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, Avilio's crazier than I thought. Best protagonist I've seen in a while.
Sep 16, 2016 11:05 PM

Aug 2008
the "we'll meet soon" guess angelo won't live much longer after that but damnganzo you sly fox you played with both
feel he won't live to see his goal realizing and corteo knew he will die
damn i knew from the commentswhat will happen but still made me cry the last scene o.o
The spider is watching
Sep 16, 2016 11:07 PM

Jun 2013
So Angelo threatens Ganzo that he'll send the letter to Nero if he doesn't free Corteo. And he runs away with Corteo, spends some time with him, and then comes back. On the Vanettis side, Barbero can't stop suspecting Angelo and tries to link Angelo with Corteo's actions. And he finds out that Corteo was at the pier with Angelo. And Ganzo calls Corteo back to save Angelo. And of course, Angelo doesn't like that. After killing Nero and Vincent, he'll probably be killing Ganzo too. Angelo has to kill Corteo to show his loyalty to the Vanettis. This is not what he had in mind. He didn't want to suffer while trying to make his enemy suffer. He wanted to make his enemy lose everything but he's still losing people he cares about himself. Thanks a lot Ganzo. He still has to ask Ganzo about the fourth guy.

Angelo has been given a gun by Ganzo to kill Vincent, and Ganzo will probably be getting him to guard Vincent because he can be trusted now. Barbero is also being a pain in the butt for Angelo because he can't trust the new kid. Angelo will have to do something about this megane guy.

And Angelo ends the episode with "I'll see you soon". Was he talking about seeing Corteo soon (i.e he's going to kill himself after getting his revenge) or was he talking about seeing Ganzo, Nero and the others soon to kill them? I really think it's the former which is hinting towards an ending where no one survives. Angelo will have fulfilled his purpose in life and then would kill himself. Unless he finds true love or something lol.
Sep 16, 2016 11:46 PM
Sep 2011
Ganzo wrote the letter, but he is not the 4th shooter.
The 4th shooter was never there.

Nero lied, because he knows Angelo's identify.

"keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"

XD
Sep 16, 2016 11:55 PM

Sep 2013
Glad Corteo is dead. Other than his recipe for Lawless Heaven, he was worthless and all he did was made Angelo's life rough the past few episodes.

All so he can have his friend back. You know, the friend who left him behind for 7 years, worked for a gang to sharpen his skills, became an empty shell with nothing but vengeance on his mind and became a killer all the while dragging him into this mess. I also said this before, what did Corteo expect Angelo to do after Nero is killed? You know he's not the only target left...

But he wants his friend back cause you know, reasons.

I'm excited to leave this all behind and continue on with Angelo's conquest and from what he said, Angelo knows that he may be killed in the process or kill himself after completing his vengeance tour and his guilt of killing Corteo...Which could have been avoided but oh well.

Sep 17, 2016 12:46 AM
May 2016
Angelo chose revenge over his brother's life? That is not wise, boy no!
This anime really did shaken my feelings and hopes.
Yeah, it is a great anime. Really great. But it breaks me to the core.

My heart, my expectations from life...would never be the same
Sep 17, 2016 12:51 AM
May 2016
TehSnawn said:
Glad Corteo is dead. Other than his recipe for Lawless Heaven, he was worthless and all he did was made Angelo's life rough the past few episodes.

All so he can have his friend back. You know, the friend who left him behind for 7 years, worked for a gang to sharpen his skills, became an empty shell with nothing but vengeance on his mind and became a killer all the while dragging him into this mess. I also said this before, what did Corteo expect Angelo to do after Nero is killed? You know he's not the only target left...

I'm excited to leave this all behind and continue on with Angelo's conquest and from what he said, Angelo knows that he may be killed in the process or kill himself after completing his vengeance tour and his guilt of killing Corteo...Which could have been avoided but oh well.

woah, seriously.
hope will always be there if you learn to accept things and even if you're in a pit of despair.
Corteo wanted for Angelo to start all over again. He was nice and thoughtful.
Excuse him for being in Angelo's way all the time.

I despise Angelo, really. After he dared to kill his only brother, just because of a stupid reason. People has to move on, yes.
Sep 17, 2016 1:05 AM

Mar 2014
They should've kissed
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 17, 2016 1:07 AM

Dec 2015
Damn, Corteo escaped from killing Fango, only to come back and die for Avilio. RIP Corteo.

I liked that we saw Avilio's emotions when Corteo came bursting in. He's hard to read usually.

Perhaps Nero wanted to test Avilio's loyalty by having him kill his best friend. Since he did it, Nero now believes Avilio is loyal to him... but he's only gained a dog that will bite back when the time is right. He wanted loyalty, but instead he got hatred and a death warrant.

Now I hope we end with a murder-suicide, or at least have the two of them die from injuries inflicted by the other.

Sep 2013
anohimenome said:
TehSnawn said:

woah, seriously.
hope will always be there if you learn to accept things and even if you're in a pit of despair.
Corteo wanted for Angelo to start all over again. He was nice and thoughtful.
Excuse him for being in Angelo's way all the time.

I despise Angelo, really. After he dared to kill his only brother, just because of a stupid reason. People has to move on, yes.

Are you saying Angelo needs to move on or corteo?

To be honest, i don't like anyone in this series. But the story is interesting enough and some of the intense scenes are really good.

I think the only person I like is big Mexico.

Dec 2014
RIP Corteo

but "I'll see you again soon", Angelo said :(
Sep 17, 2016 1:10 AM

May 2015
As soon as Angelo had that smile on the boat I knew shit would hit the fan, they just can't let him be happy eh
Sep 17, 2016 1:13 AM

Jul 2014
Makes a nice change to really get an idea of just what's going on in Avilio's head, as he's usually damn-near impossible to read most of the time. In particular, the scene where he had to prove his loyalty by killing Corteo was pretty emotional, and no doubt that's gonna make Avilio's revenge all the more powerful when he eventually gets it.
Sep 17, 2016 1:34 AM

Sep 2014
It's three months since he came , not 10 days , so it shall end soon. Presence of Corteo's death was present all the time.. I felt so bad when Nero gave Angelo the gun and he needed to kill Corteo , at least Corteo accepted his death.

Ganzo also doesn't look to be reliable for me. Of course if everything goes as he wants he must remove Avilio from his game.

In the beginning episode was so calm and peaceful.. at the end it was tragic :l
Sep 17, 2016 1:36 AM

Oct 2008
Angelo had no choice but to kill Corteo. Such sad destiny.
I think after all of his revenge, he'll put an end also to this miserable life he had...or maybe a plot twist who knows?
4/5.

Sep 17, 2016 1:58 AM

Oct 2015
Glasses-kun is the only smart person in this entire series. That idiot eyebrows fourth person dude is gonna get killed.

They predictably killed the only good character in this entire show. Fuck.
Sep 17, 2016 2:14 AM

Jan 2013
Am I the only one who literally cried after watching this episode?

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Sep 17, 2016 2:16 AM

Mar 2015
Use of music is mesmerising as usual, although the animation quality was bad. I hope Shuka doesn't run out of money.

Such an awesome ride.
Sep 17, 2016 2:58 AM

Jun 2015
GOD DAMMIT! The only character I liked...no, the only thing about this anime I liked
Sep 17, 2016 3:02 AM

Sep 2009
nO.

honestly all the happiness was such a death flag--everything about corteo was a death flag. corteo's final moments were so powerful and avilio's declaration--wow.
Sep 17, 2016 3:36 AM

Jun 2011
Man I knew Corteo was going to die but this is really sad, in the sense that Angelo really did want to keep him safe? But now there's nothing stopping him from just going for the kill. Literally.

Is this all gonna end on the 91st day?

Sep 17, 2016 3:44 AM

Dec 2015
I had a feeling Corteo would be killed by Angelo. Just didn't expect Nero to make him do it.

Plus, finally Angelo seemed to be genuinely happy whilst with Corteo back where he lived. Going from a happy smile to one as twisted as the one he gave at the end makes me think shit really is going to go down these final episodes. He has an even bigger reason to kill Nero and co., and I doubt he's going to be as subtle, planned and calm as he was before.

Now just to see if Angelo really will join his brother and die too, or maybe there will be a bigger twist involving Nero. Who knows?
ClavisMSep 17, 2016 3:47 AM

Sep 17, 2016 3:59 AM

Dec 2015
Great episode. Up till now - if you compared it to some sports match - it felt like Avilio was leading. He killed Vanno. And he made Nero kill his brother.

But now the big turning point. He had to kill his "brother" - who was more important to him than Nero's brother to Nero (they seemed more a bit like enemies).

On top of that the 3 revenge targets are still alive. At the begining I thought he might kill Vincent and then decide between Ganzo and Nero. He seemed friendly with Nero during the anime. He could just have helped Nero and killed Ganzo.

With Ganzo calling Corteo back (which also lead to Avilio killing Nero) Ganzo even more is a target now.

But then again ... Nero was the one that actually made him kill Corteo so this should have increased his hatred for Nero as well.

Might end with Nero and Avilio both alive killing each other at the same time. (Or both staying alive or only Nero staying alive reflecting on how violence only creates more violonce ... leading to him to stop the mafia or make the family into some law-abiding non violence company.) Can't see only Avilio winning and staying alive. If it ended like that I might not like it.
Sep 17, 2016 5:00 AM

Jan 2016
They looked like in a marriage relationship AHA
I don't understand why this anime really emphasize smoking and drinking wine scenes.. Even doing that didn't make them look matured or wharever they welp just ruined their bodies
Corteo is a good wife partner but fuck he died ;_; lol okay
Meh next episode gonna be worst
We did this every day that summer. There wasn’t a day we missed.

"I love you, air conditioner."
Sep 17, 2016 5:10 AM

Sep 2013
Well, if Angelo kills Nero, Vincent (+ Ganzo) and then suicides, this anime is going to end the perfect way, I think. Now, if they decide to fuck it up and make up something else, I'm gonna be really frustrated. The last episodes built the perfect scenerio for this kinf of end. Let's hope it's going to be this way.
Sep 17, 2016 5:27 AM

Sep 2016
Well, guess vengeance wasn't a good solution in the end since he lost the only person that care for him. Sad to see Corteo go but that was a bit predictable too.
Sep 17, 2016 6:27 AM

Jun 2013
They killed off my favorite character. :( Now I'm sad. Oh well, you know that characters like Corteo don't last long. Actually, they can all die for all I care because it wouldn't be a mafia series if they didn't all die or only one person remained standing. Angelo is no Michael Corleone.
臭い-
Sep 17, 2016 6:27 AM

Dec 2014
That was a really good episode.

So Ganzo just wants to be a don. No reason apart from greed, Well I was hoping for another deep rooted story or something but I guess they don't have the time to pull that off.

It was nice seeing Avlio and Corteo hang out together. It was also really nice that Corteo came back on hearing that he had to help out Avlio.
They portrayed the whole "We're brothers" thing really well and it really showcased how close both of them have been ever since they were kids.

Very sad scene with Avlio forced to kill Corteo, Probably his only close friend. I think this was the first time we actually saw some emotion in him when he was about to kill.
That was a sly move by Nero to force Avlio to show his loyalty. There are no nice guys are there?

With Avlio's "I'll see you soon", I guess he might die at the end. Perhaps commit suicide after he takes his revenge?
Sep 17, 2016 6:32 AM

Aug 2015
Holy shit man. I thought Cortero was dying for sure but then was left in Chi town and I was expecting him to live but then showed up to save Angelo. Man this series is intense as fuck.
Sep 17, 2016 6:44 AM
FAL made me

Oct 2012
Just when you thought it will be a happyish ending for Corteo...
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2016

449 by pontes13 »»
Apr 3, 4:31 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

183 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 14, 11:38 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

119 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 8, 7:21 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

210 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 5, 7:53 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2016

174 by damoInstinct »»
Jan 27, 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.