Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 17, 2016 6:47 AM
Apr 2016
WOW. That was good. I almost screamed when he killed Corteo. The next few episodes are going to be intense!
Sep 17, 2016 7:04 AM
Jul 2018
Heh I actually had the feeling that corteo would die this episode when they started on a happy note. That aside, I loved that creepy laugh at the end, showing how he has lost it after losing all his beloved ones. I guess he will go out with a bang in last ep.

Only show I am enjoying this season, just hope they land the ending smoothly now.
Sep 17, 2016 8:58 AM

Feb 2016
I thought it was a breather episode, goddamn I was wrong.

Now we're at the climax. (I hope)
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Sep 17, 2016 9:26 AM
Jul 2018
What is my life right now-
CORTEO DIDNT DESERVE THAT WTF
FVCK U NERO
I AM JUST SO DONE
Sep 17, 2016 10:01 AM
Oct 2014
Honestly I'm pissed at Angelo more than Nero, but I also more sympathetic at him.

I understand that he had a tragic past. Losing his family at such a young age, the fear of being wanted, he had to learn how to survives through his painful memories, alone.

He become such an empty person. Look again how shabby his apartment was, which is showing lack of furnitures that indicated how little he cared about himself or his live for that matter. Until he received the letter, that give him such a purpose and justice. Had he lived with Corteo would he become different? Angelo knows if he cling himself with Corteo, he will make his friend's life at danger. Remember how he still waving Corteo bye-bye before leaving his house? That adorable kid is changed.

That time when he came to Corteo's place and asking him to make munnies together by selling Corteo's booze to mafia, I know if he a fudging jerk now. He know he can use his friend to help him, I bet he's more than know that Corteo couldn't reject his plea. How could Corteo rejects to help someone who he swore as his brother, forever? Angelo needs his help, Corteo wouldn't leave him alone and hurt again, they're such a good 'brothers'.

The thing that Angelo didn't know is the hugee mess that he will drag into his friend's life. And there he think if he could pay Corteo's sacrifices and kindness with munnies he stacks that would make him go away from this fudging mess and wave him happy bye-bye. But nope, Angelo. Not that easy you see.

When you realize that your friend's life is threatened, the one who you call brother, the one that genuinely care about you. Angelo, you know that feelings. Regret. And he also really furious.

That's why when he finally send Corteo to his hide, he was so happy and relax. Nothing could go wrong, his friend's future is safe, and he can finally down with his revenge without worrying about anything anymore. I'm not sure if his promises to Corteo to go back again is a lie or truth. But maybe mostly was just his 'if that could be true' wish. I don't think there's such a way to life a normal happy life after you spend your time killing and meddling with mafias.

But now it doesn't matter anymore. Angelo he couldn't predict his biggest fault yet. And when Corteo must came to save him (and his revenge) and
now facing two choices; to kill his only friend and regaining family's trust, or the two of them will die. Corteo, he know what will become of him. If that make Angelo revenges successful, he will gladly accept so. Until his last breath, he still thinking Angelo as his brother. Waving his last goodbye.

I'm sooo huuurt. Like what the fugde maaan. He was such a good friend. And thanks to Nero, you fueling Angelo's reason to kill you with the most. Effective. Gasoline. Ever.

He brought it himself. Corteo death was inevitable. Either he successfully delivered his plan to kill Nero or not, I hope Angelo is die at the end of this series. His salvation is only death.
BlackRadiantBookSep 17, 2016 10:21 AM
Sep 17, 2016 10:43 AM
Sep 2016
What a good anime. It's an emotional rollercoaster. The moment Nero pulled out the gun and looked at Avilio I knew something grimy was about to occur. Still I waited to see how they were going to escape the situation and could not believe seeing Corteo shot. Man. I need a joint after this one.
Sep 17, 2016 11:57 AM

Aug 2015
"I'll see you soon"

Well,that's a proper end for a guy who only thinks in killing.

The next episodes are gonna be the "91 day", I'm hoping that Nero and Angelo killed each other.
Sep 17, 2016 12:09 PM

Jan 2011
The day at the end of the episode is day 91
which is pretty fup
Sep 17, 2016 1:26 PM

Sep 2013
RIP Corteo, you had to die to release Angelo demon. The playhouse will be the final stage of this revenge story, as what better a place than a theatre to bring out final plot twists and real antagonists.

Btw, if Vanettis are wiped out, will Fio's child take up the throne??? Or a new family?? maybe in 182 days......
Sep 17, 2016 1:59 PM

Aug 2014
oh my god, this episode was fucking brutal. I hope that he can get his revenge and not let him die in vain. after that ending, hes probably going to commit suicide. R.I.P Corteo
Sep 17, 2016 2:15 PM
Apr 2014
really? Very disappointing of Corteo... I'm sure Angelo would have found a way out of this without having to kill him because he went right into Neros place -.- Corteo should have just had some confidence into Angelo :(

And Nero slowly loses what made him different than the other shitheads in the mafia. He was much more likeable in the beginning of the anime. It started to change when the war between his brother and him started to come to an end and it changed drastically when he became the don.
Sep 17, 2016 2:16 PM

Jul 2016
Corteo :'(

We'll miss you.
Sep 17, 2016 2:32 PM
Nov 2015
Just WOW that was amazing and yeah WOW. Good on Nero did exactly as Avilio did to him what a twist.
Also will we ever know what was on the paper he handed Fio? or did I miss it? or do we not have time for that anymore? :p
Honestly Im just looking forward to how they close because everything else they have done got me by surprise and was AMAZING. Only thing I dont hope for is a Phantom of the Requiem ending....like please no dont plz
Sep 17, 2016 2:35 PM
Jan 2016
Angelo is going to kill himself in the end. He will die one way or another anyway I believe.
Sep 17, 2016 2:58 PM
Oct 2014
aliinetje said:
They're really getting lazy with the art... It's getting worser every episode since the recap.

Yes, and it's a bit disappointing considering how good the story is getting. Hopefully they put in the appropriate attention to detail come finale time.
"The only thing I still write is a list of people I'll never forgive" - Hikigaya 8man
Sep 17, 2016 3:57 PM

Jul 2013
For a moment after corteo killed fango i wasn't sure if he would actually get killed but I was sure that if that was gonna be the case it would definitely be angelo the one to kill him
Sep 17, 2016 4:07 PM

May 2015
And here I thought Nero wouldn't do something as cruel as make Angelo kill Corteo. It was a bit of a sad scene at the end, but I'm not very emotionally invested in these characters, so it didn't stand out too much. Though, the buildup was very good.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Sep 17, 2016 4:42 PM

Dec 2008
Avilo dragged Corteo into his revenge mess, dumped him, and then killed him, right? OMG!! This episode was SO fucking unfair and SO fucking unreasonable!
Sep 17, 2016 5:28 PM

Apr 2014
That ending sentence though, damn.... This was a really, REALLY good episode, god damn....
Sep 17, 2016 7:07 PM

Feb 2011
aliinetje said:
They're really getting lazy with the art... It's getting worser every episode since the recap.

I haven't noticed it and I'm usually quite the perfectionist.
Sep 17, 2016 8:55 PM

Sep 2010
I like this series but it was the worst episode. The pier's scene was horrendous, so you ask to a Sailor did you see this guy here? And you give him money, yeah sure that he is going to say no... The flashback scene was really poor, the part in the old Avilio's house was really boring and it felt really fake, the return of Corteo in the mansion when they are looking for him was ridiculous, he went directly into the room Oo (Moreover Avilio wasn't treating him well the last episodes, he even left him almost alone and he wasn't happy about that and now they are brothers z.z ). I'm really dissapointed with this episode, did they change scripwriter or director?

Animation was really poor too, did you see that pot? The worst episode of the series by far.
War_lotharSep 17, 2016 9:08 PM
Sep 17, 2016 8:57 PM
Sep 2016
The bromance was so real in this one. Such a shocking ending to be honest. But would i have done the same? Hmmm
Sep 17, 2016 10:34 PM

Jan 2010
oh my kokoro ;-; got hit where it really hurts
at first i was thinking "is this really happening?"
(esp. when corteo said Ganzo convinced him to come back for the sake of Avilio's endangerment)

corteo was literally the last family angelo has
and i felt that he didn't realize..
until it had come to it. (or maybe he's always realized and didn't fully grasp what he'd gotten into until the task was given at hand)
but, i feel like angelo was prepared for that but perhaps he didn't think it would have to resort to this to keep a safe distance with the vanettis.

honestly, corteo's death.. was it worth it?
nonetheless, angelo just has one more to add to "those that will not die in vain"
from here on out it's just no mercy.
Sep 18, 2016 1:27 AM

Jul 2012
I figured Avilio would kill Corteo but damn, it was still emotional to see D:

Great episode though. Loved all the buildup.
Sep 18, 2016 4:07 AM

Jun 2013
damn that classic you kill him to prove you don't work with him oh well it had to happen
Sep 18, 2016 4:26 AM

Jul 2016
aliinetje said:

worser???

RIP English language.
Sep 18, 2016 4:58 AM

Feb 2016
Vindicater said:
aliinetje said:

worser???

RIP English language.

Sorry that English isn't my native language...

Sep 18, 2016 4:59 AM

Jan 2014
Am I the only one who thinks that the animation was totally off in this epiode? Or is it because of where I'm viewing it?

Anyways; I was almost sure that Corteo will die eventually, a really dramatic death if I would say so, Avilio's face at the end of the episode tells everything, now the revenge will be more sweet... Tho it's likely that he will also die in the end.
Sep 18, 2016 10:19 AM
Feb 2016
I really liked this episode but I was so sad when Angelo killed Corteo. I mean it was clear that something bad will happen to him but I didn't expect that Angelo will be involved.

Even if the last scene was dramatic I kind of liked it. The fact that Corteo accepted his death as an sacrifice to help his "brother" fulfill his revenge, was just brave and heart-touching. The way he waves goodbye to Angelo makes me sad. It was frsutating not to hear the entire sentence : "because we are..." then BANG! I wanted to hear the word "brothers" from his mouth. ahhh I'm frustrated! It would have been more emotional if Corteo said it.

It would be great if Angelo dies remembering his "brother". It would be great if Angelo held his friend's hand or gave him a brotherlike hug. Man, he's your childhood and only friend. He's your "brother", show more "sadness"or tenderness towards him, pleaaaase! I'm begging you T__T.

And who's the fourth man? Is there any fourth man or it was just a lie that Ganzo use to his advantage?

And what about the paper that it was given to Fio?
Sep 18, 2016 2:30 PM

Aug 2014
Well at least this clears all doubts of Avilio sparing Nero in the end because there's no way in hell that he's going to let Corteo's death be in vain.

R.I.P Corteo. You didn't snitch on Avilio till the very end, so you have my respect.
Sep 18, 2016 4:49 PM

Dec 2012
Ugh I wanted Angelo and Corteo to live happily ever after as the bros that they are. However considering 91 Days' premise and setting, that is not possible. The feels T^T
allo
Sep 19, 2016 9:51 AM

Sep 2015
This episode was GREAT!!!! Brutal twist and it sucked watching Angelo kill Corteo, I thought Angelo was going to have 2nd thoughts about killing Nero but those doubts are now gone. The fact that Angelo felt sad about having to kill Corteo showed that he is not just an emotionless killing machine. All the haters that were criticizing the story saying it was to easy for Angelo, this episode was for you.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Sep 19, 2016 1:03 PM

Aug 2015
The animation is getting bad episode by episode :D
I was really shocked When Angelo killed Corteo, but that was really the right thing to do.
Nero has turned from a badass cool dude to an annoying "Ossan"

uzee said:
About three months have passed. Does that mean he has a few days to kill the rest of them in order to be true to the show's title and finish his revenge and his life on the 91st day?

O . . M . . G!!

aliinetje said:
They're really getting lazy with the art... It's getting worse every episode since the recap.

LOL yeah, I was just going to say that
Ara Ara~
Sep 19, 2016 6:28 PM

Dec 2015
I won't accept Cortello's death, Gonzo must have told him to wear bullet proof vest, like the trick Avilio and Nero did with Orco...
Sep 20, 2016 1:38 AM

May 2009
I'm so sad that people dislike this show because of its arts and a silly recap episode (imo it was necessary to understand Corteo's POV). This show has a great story-telling.
Sep 20, 2016 9:03 AM

May 2013
Unless Angelo met corteo in February. Wouldn't three months be more than 91 days already
Sep 20, 2016 12:59 PM

Feb 2015
Omg!! Briliant episode. Great twist again. Loving it.
Sep 22, 2016 2:04 AM

Apr 2008
Hmm, maybe they were blanks since Ganzo gave something to him in that package and said to use it well - sounded like bullets to me. But it sure didn't look like it but we shall see. That goodbye felt too real.
ShAd0wSep 22, 2016 2:08 AM
Sep 22, 2016 5:03 AM

Mar 2009
Haha! I spoke too soon...

My post from the last episode thread:
"I'm glad Angelo didn't kill Corteo to prove his loyalty to Nero and the family, or some such bullshit reason. He dragged Corteo into this. It would have been awful if he killed him. At this point, I wonder why it's taking Angelo so long to kill Nero. Just kill him already. There's no more need to prove your loyalty."

Probably the worst episode of the series. Given the tone of this episode, it was obvious Corteo was going to die, but it's just a shame they had to go with the lame and cliche end of killing his own friend. Nero could have shot Corteo in front of Angelo, or one of the other members could have done it, but nope! It would have had the same impact. In fact, it would have made an even stronger case for his revenge.

Angelo's an idiot. He's spent so long working under Nero that it's almost like he's forgotten his revenge. He's been dilly-dallying for so long, even though he's had multiple opportunities to kill Nero. I don't understand him anymore. Even worse, he dragged Corteo into this whole mess. And now, he's killed him. By his own hands! He could have - I don't know - not killed him?! Why continue to prove his loyalty to Nero? At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Nero and Angelo are best friends by the end of the series. And Angelo has completely given up on his revenge.

As for the show itself, it's been 10 episodes. How is Nero not dead yet? This show is taking its sweet time itself.

Lame episode. I'm really disappointed.
Sep 22, 2016 9:41 AM

Oct 2015
Yamada2 said:
So Angelo threatens Ganzo that he'll send the letter to Nero if he doesn't free Corteo. And he runs away with Corteo, spends some time with him, and then comes back. On the Vanettis side, Barbero can't stop suspecting Angelo and tries to link Angelo with Corteo's actions. And he finds out that Corteo was at the pier with Angelo. And Ganzo calls Corteo back to save Angelo. And of course, Angelo doesn't like that. After killing Nero and Vincent, he'll probably be killing Ganzo too. Angelo has to kill Corteo to show his loyalty to the Vanettis. This is not what he had in mind. He didn't want to suffer while trying to make his enemy suffer. He wanted to make his enemy lose everything but he's still losing people he cares about himself. Thanks a lot Ganzo. He still has to ask Ganzo about the fourth guy.

Angelo has been given a gun by Ganzo to kill Vincent, and Ganzo will probably be getting him to guard Vincent because he can be trusted now. Barbero is also being a pain in the butt for Angelo because he can't trust the new kid. Angelo will have to do something about this megane guy.

And Angelo ends the episode with "I'll see you soon". Was he talking about seeing Corteo soon (i.e he's going to kill himself after getting his revenge) or was he talking about seeing Ganzo, Nero and the others soon to kill them? I really think it's the former which is hinting towards an ending where no one survives. Angelo will have fulfilled his purpose in life and then would kill himself. Unless he finds true love or something lol.

Thanks for the little recap! I took the "I'll see you soon" as Angelo is going to commit suicide after getting his revenge. Everything he has said so far points to that his only purpose for living is to get revenge.
Sep 22, 2016 12:21 PM

Jan 2016
All Men Must Die...
Sep 23, 2016 4:21 AM

Dec 2012
I really didn't see that coming, it was so sad ;_;. And the last sentence of Avilio, announces a suicide.
That showed us that Avilio doesn't control everything, great episode.
Sep 24, 2016 3:07 AM

Apr 2008
I don't think I cried in my sleep in a long long time.

Screw the gangbanging.
Sep 25, 2016 12:14 AM

Jul 2008
Lordrockman said:
So the 4th shooter is still at large right? or am i confused and Ganzo was the 4th?

Ganzo was the 4th.

And he's now a dead man.
Sep 26, 2016 3:27 AM
Oct 2015
Well i have not cried this much since i was 12 C: and Rip Carteo
and to be honest i don't mind the quality of the anime's visuals as long as the story is Good i really cried like a little Girl c': 10/10
Sep 26, 2016 6:34 AM
Aug 2016
Lol at Corteo finding a horde of stolen wallets under Angelo's bed (now we know were the pickpocketing skills came from)
Sep 26, 2016 9:54 PM

Nov 2013
The way I see it, is that Angelo had no choice. In the Mafia, you have to be willing to kill members of your own family to prove loyalty to the Don. Killing Corteo was the most difficult choice Angelo's had to make, but he realized they were both done for and at least if he carried out the murder, then that would buy him time to get closer to Nero, so he can carry out his revenge.

Mafia life.. in the end, death is everywhere.
Sep 29, 2016 7:32 AM
Sep 2016
I think this is karma bitting Angelo in the butt for what he did in episode 7. Angelo has been manipulating, murdering and betraying people with no remorse. He dose not care who gets killed or hurt or is innocent/guilty just as long as he gets his revenge. He manipulated and used Corteo to infiltrate the Vanetti family with "We're brother, right" comment. The smile he wore in episode 1 when he said that creeped me out and he had he same smile on his after killing Corteo repeating the same line. He has no shame,at the end episode 7 he uses Corteo's "Stating today, I"ll be your brother" to lie Nero after making him kill his little brother. I think Corteo death is his own fault he is the one who betrayed Nero. Angelo and Ganzo are more to blame for his death, their manipulations and betrayals are what lead to it. I do not think Nero should died for what happen in this episode. if he has become a more colder/ ruthless person in the last few episodes , Angelo is to blame for what he putt hit throw.
I think that Angelo is a hypocrite he wants revenge for what happened to his family and is wiling to hurt/ kill innocent people to do it. Also, his father, Testa, was part of the mafia, who knows how dirty his hands were.
Sep 29, 2016 3:43 PM

Oct 2012
Noble sacrifices, eh? Meh, I don't buy it,not in this series. He knew he would die if he comes back.

I understand what emotions they were trying to convey but their goal was way too obvious from the beginning of the episode and it was totally unfit of this series.
Sep 30, 2016 10:10 PM

Jul 2015
Godfather vibes again, but this time it does feel like something different. So glad the show has balls to do what had to be done
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2016

449 by pontes13 »»
Apr 3, 4:31 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

183 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 14, 11:38 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

119 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 8, 7:21 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

210 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 5, 7:53 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2016

174 by damoInstinct »»
Jan 27, 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.