Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2016 2:36 PM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty lovely PV actually, I should start watching the main series as it sure looks like an interesting concept! All in all a pretty solid PV if you ask me.
Sep 29, 2016 1:55 PM
Aug 2011
Hey guys, what's the song playing at 1h 24mins?

upd. Found out, it's The Cro-Magnons - Raiu Kekkou
Artego32rusSep 30, 2016 6:56 AM
Oct 21, 2016 6:18 PM

Aug 2008
Just completed it.

I really miss Uchuu Kyoudai, the movie is as charming as the series is. It completed the part that was "missing" in the series so well!

Finger crossed that a s2 will be announced one day soon!
Feb 14, 2017 11:43 PM

Jul 2011
This felt like a compilation of episodes more than a movie imo. Still fantastic though. It delved a bit more into the events during Brian's time and his importance as a character in Hibito's development, which I think further characterizes Hibito. We get to explore a bit more about Mutta before the very start of the main series too.

I liked the reactions to Brian's accident - the portrayal was very real and maaan I almost cried. Especially seeing Hibito in the hotel room. This movie was fantastic in how it showed Hibito's vulnerable side. We've never seen him cry or really get worried in the main series, and he's usually portrayed as the happy-go-lucky guy. Even after his accident on the moon, we don't really get that kind of raw emotion out of Hibito. Near the end of this movie though, when he was talking with his family and telling them how he's relieved they didn't tell him to stop being an astronaut, that was really touching in a subtle way. There was a lot of honesty right there and it showed the unease that was lying beneath. :)

Also, despite focusing on Hibito and Brian, Mutta also got a lot of development! Although the same themes of the main series was replayed here, I really loved seeing Mutta gaining confidence and creating his own motivation. He really is someone you want to root for - you can see it in how even side characters end up really liking him. I miss him already! The tie in between the car competition and his childhood rocket competition with Hibito was great too. <3

Brian's will really struck a cord as well. (And I love how that related to another quirky childhood moment between the Nanba brothers!)

I somehow found a raw version of the movie, so I'll probably rewatch to catch the finer details of the dialogue. It took 3 years, but I've finally watched Number Zero. Season 2 of Uchuu Kyoudai where? :'D
MirorinFeb 14, 2017 11:49 PM
Mar 6, 2017 4:55 PM

Aug 2009
Hey! Does anyone know if there are subs for this movie or if someone is working on them?
I found some in one of the comments on nyaatorrents, but they seem to be unsynced or something...
Mar 24, 2017 10:48 PM

Jan 2012
Wow, this added another layer of depth on this already great anime.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Apr 19, 2017 11:58 AM
Apr 2013
Mike_McFly said:
Hey! Does anyone know if there are subs for this movie or if someone is working on them?
I found some in one of the comments on nyaatorrents, but they seem to be unsynced or something...

Saizen are hoping to have a subbed BD out by the end of next week if anyone's still wondering.
May 13, 2017 12:27 AM

Dec 2011
Finally I got to watch it and it was perfect.Glad to see the events that happens before the start of the anime, I missed so much that anime and the characters.
I still hope the anime come back one day and I didn't know Apo was Brian's dog kid.
May 20, 2017 6:11 AM

Jan 2011
The origin of Apo!

I'm so glad I could finally watch this, and thankfully it adds to the series instead of being something throwaway.

DVD version done by COOL has about 5 minutes extra scenes compared to Saizen's release.
During Hibito's training montage at about the 18 minute mark there's an added scene with Deneil.
At about 1 hour 2 minutes in when Hibito is given the news of Brian's death there's a bit before they're called back where the on board crew gets the news first. This is followed by Hibito and the others coming back on board to see them in shock, when they give them the news before we see the video feed.
Right at the end there's a bit where Mutta is on the train laughing that he's now unemployed.
Extra credit shot of Gemini nursing her pups.
ReaperCreeperMay 20, 2017 6:49 AM
Jul 30, 2017 2:49 AM

Jul 2015
I would have prefered this to be just TV episodes instead of a movie tbh, but it was still pretty good. I aww'd with Hibito taking care of Apo.
Oct 25, 2017 10:28 AM

Jul 2012
It was really sad watching Hibito when he finally accepted Brian's death. This film really added to Hibito's relationship with Brian and showed us just how much of an impact he had on Hibito's career and also on him as a person.

If there's a fine line between genius and idiocy, I think Mutta might be on the line 😂
I love seeing all the amazing ideas he always comes up with, but he can also be such a dork at the same time hahaha. Like when his way of cheering Hibito up was to do their "Winning Pose," and it worked! Such a heartwarming moment :)

It was also nice to see where Apo came from and how he got his name :D

I really enjoyed this movie, so now when do we get a season 2?!
Mar 23, 2018 10:50 AM

Feb 2013
Damn, I can't get over Brian's death, and seeing Hibito cry killed me.
Feb 1, 2020 10:39 AM

Jun 2015
"Have courage, everyone."
A great movie, really enjoyed it. And Brian Jay is the man! RIP.
Oct 31, 2020 9:22 AM
Feb 2020
Hey, Why is is this So UNDERRATED despite being a good canon movie ???

Uchuu kyoudai Anime is in top 100 and this movie is don't even in top 1000 Anime ???
Why ???
Mar 9, 2021 10:34 PM
Jul 2019
Don't be fooled into thinking this is a rehash of the flashback scenes from the show like I was. Somehow, it seems like nobody's seen this movie. I mean, it's not even available on the usual streaming sites. It somehow has less completions than the bloody glorified recap that is the planetarium OVA, despite not reusing any footage from the show and being a great, canon, 90 minutes' worth of extra Space Brothers goodness. If like me you're yearning for a season 2, please do yourself a favor and watch this movie. You won't regret it.

More topics from this board

» when is the BD\DVD release date ?

Ma7amed - Apr 5, 2015

19 by Kino_Hermes »»
Dec 7, 2019 1:25 AM

» Trailer

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

8 by fujioka-san »»
Nov 16, 2014 8:39 AM

» New Poster

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2014

0 by Stark700 »»
Jul 23, 2014 7:44 AM

» Key Visual

-Karoshi- - Apr 14, 2014

1 by Aria_Wright »»
May 3, 2014 9:10 AM

» Theme Songs

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2014

0 by tsubasalover »»
Mar 22, 2014 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.