Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 7, 2016 12:08 PM

Jul 2010
this world seems so big to me? How could 12 episode is enough? Will second season come?
Aug 7, 2016 12:11 PM
Mar 2015
Berserkerhealer said:
this world seems so big to me? How could 12 episode is enough? Will second season come?

Simple, by having the show being split cour
Aug 7, 2016 12:11 PM

Feb 2015
Ho. Lee. Shit. Not only do we get Velvet and the beginning of what we can assume is the origin story of malevolence, but we also get the game's OP at the end?!

6/5 episode. Amazing visuals as usual, great Berseria backstory, use of White Light, Velvet's character design, all of it was great.

Just curious how this is going to directly tie in with the current events of Sorey and his crew. I guess it will just be explain the origin of malevolence, but I can't imagine them doing that very effectively with only a couple episodes...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2016 12:18 PM

Mar 2014
Velvet is so awesome way better than Sorey !!

If this series actually make her the protagonist I would have rated/like it more but unfortunately she is not !!

RedChromeAug 7, 2016 12:21 PM
Aug 7, 2016 12:22 PM

Oct 2015
This is a weird feeling, an actual female character I like for once, though her outfit is a bit off putting but I'll let it slide due to her being imprisoned for 3 years.

Overall it was interesting I'll give it that, however, the random switch between stories felt awkward (yes, I knew they were doing it beforehand) so I hope they'll bleed into each other well enough for it to feel more natural in its whole.

(Though not enough mikleo for my tastes lmao)
Aug 7, 2016 12:30 PM

Jun 2013
I like Berseria more than Zestiria. Velvet looks so great, she is a type character that i really like on anime. Hope Velvet will show more in future episodes, 2 episode are not enough for me.
Aug 7, 2016 12:32 PM

Jan 2015
Great advertisement for new game.
Characters looks really promising. I'm curious how would they be handled in game.
Not too much plot, but it's understandable. We still have one episode and entire game for it.

But this advert was to great...
Now it will be a little weird when we return to Zestiria plot...
Aug 7, 2016 12:36 PM
Mar 2015
Riveon said:
Characters looks really promising. I'm curious how would they be handled in game.
Not too much plot, but it's understandable. We still have one episode and entire game for it.

This episode is not just advertisemeant. Velvet will appear in Zestiria plot.
Aug 7, 2016 12:53 PM

Jan 2015
Emirius said:
Riveon said:

This still is pretty much a advertisement. We probably will get a connection in next episode, since Berseria supposed to be prequel to Zestiria. But it's still just a addition. Not really neccesery.
And honestly doubt that Velvet will appear outside those 2 episodes.
Aug 7, 2016 12:54 PM
Mar 2015
Riveon said:
Emirius said:

This still is pretty much a advertisement. We probably will get a connection in next episode, since Berseria supposed to be prequel to Zestiria. It's still just a addition. Not really neccesery.

In the opneing she fought against Sorey. And Edna´s brother was in Beseria so there is that
Aug 7, 2016 1:04 PM

Sep 2015
what kind of garbage was that? thanks for adding something from another tales game for promotion purpose. also adding the trailer/opening cinematic at the end to get a few more minutes...

please let this be the only episode.

@Emirius
can't remember seeing her in the game
Nigami_ShinAug 7, 2016 1:07 PM

Aug 7, 2016 1:13 PM
Mar 2015
Nigami_Shin said:
what kind of garbage was that? thanks for adding something from another tales game for promotion purpose. also adding the trailer/opening cinematic at the end to get a few more minutes...

@Emirius

Because the ToZ game is bad and the anime is following an original storyline where ToZ will connect with ToB and crossover hence " The X " in the anime title.
Aug 7, 2016 1:33 PM

Jul 2007
Nigami_Shin said:

@Emirius

Zestiria game is absolute trainwreck. Its pretty much 99% sure ufo is doing their own thing with this as a way to create a sort of tie in into Berseria.

Any sort of abandonment of Zestiria's plot is already a plus.
Aug 7, 2016 1:41 PM

Sep 2015
@Emirius @Fair
well maybe, i stopped playing after i recruted the wind seraph

Aug 7, 2016 1:45 PM

Nov 2014
Never played any of the games, but i found my favorite character, Velvet Crowe. She's badass, sexy as fuck and the outfit is on point..plus fetishes come with that outfit and look.

No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Aug 7, 2016 1:47 PM

Aug 2010
Liking Velvet's character; I think she'll be an amazing lead. This is going to make the wait for Berseria even harder...
Aug 7, 2016 1:49 PM

Aug 2013
This definitely could have been a separate OVA really felt out of place and Zestria is not that bad would rank it a bit above Graces and Xillia so like 7/10 tales games stories have never been that special anyways.
Aug 7, 2016 2:09 PM

Jun 2016
Yeah I was confuse they switch to another story I hope this is connected somehow or not This seems out of place

Aug 7, 2016 2:34 PM
Jul 2009
Loved the episode. They should have made an anime based on Berseria instead of Zestiria. Velvet's so much cooler than Sorey.
Aug 7, 2016 2:44 PM

Aug 2013
nice to get to see a bit of berseria's story!! i already love velvet, she's such a badass!!
BUT I WAS SO SUPRISED TO SEE THE ZESTIRIA GAME OP AS THE ENDING THEME. i literally screamed out of happiness. that opening is so epic, and i really wasn't expecting to see it in the anime. it made my day a bit better, hah.
Aug 7, 2016 3:09 PM

Oct 2011
pmfg velvet Bad@Ss omfg
I am more interested in her story now.
pre ordered the game yay
ong game op ahhh
hopefully we get to see what tales of breseria Op would look like next week
Aug 7, 2016 3:16 PM

Jul 2011
Love Velvet, but give her some proper clothes. I thought it was because she had been in prison, but no that's pretty much her actual outfit? lol why.
Aug 7, 2016 3:20 PM

May 2015
Hmm. This definitely looks interesting so far. Hopefully it'll be good.

Nice episode.

Aug 7, 2016 3:35 PM

Jul 2014
Totally didn't expect for them to drop White Light onto our heads.

I'm really loving Velvet and the characters introduced in this episode, but I hope they don't go too far as to spoil the important bits of Tales of Berseria since I plan on playing it early next year when it comes out on PC.

With that said..I'm curious to find out more about Artorious and how did Velvet get into ToZ's world since ToB is like 1000years before it. Time travel I would assume, but need them details.
Aug 7, 2016 3:43 PM

Jul 2014
I was loving the story so far and i liked this episode but it feels so out of place :/
Aug 7, 2016 3:47 PM

Apr 2014
hey there White Light whachu doin' in this anime wanna make out with me you sexy, sexy beat?

As for Beseria, it was exciting for only, like the first 7 minutes. Then it was a hell of a lot of exposition in rooms without much going on. It'd work for a game but not an anime, dammit. DO something. How's this - you can even talk WHILE DOING SOMETHING. The directorial decisions here baffle me.

Argh.

I can only hope it'll return to the kids in Zestiria sometime next episode. Or get interesting. SOMETHING.
Aug 7, 2016 3:56 PM

Jan 2014
Yes we get it Ufotable. You want us to buy Berseria. We are already sold on that so can we just continue with Sorey's happy go lucky adventure? I don't want to see Berseria's spoiler before the game is even released....

At the very least, why not use the song for the Berseria game instead of White Light...
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Aug 7, 2016 3:59 PM
Nov 2015
Holy crap. Her eyes man HER EYES! Velvet is sexy af, badass af, and she hates men, so she'll probably end up being some sort of tsundere incarnation later down the line. If she blushes I'll probably nosebleed.

This anime is literally proving that an anime doesn't need a unique story and innovative characters as long as it's executed right and looks/sounds gorgeous. Did I mention the ending theme? DAT ENDING THEME?!

5/5
Aug 7, 2016 4:08 PM
Jul 2009
thelectricow said:
Holy crap. Her eyes man HER EYES! Velvet is sexy af, badass af, and she hates men, so she'll probably end up being some sort of tsundere incarnation later down the line. If she blushes I'll probably nosebleed.

I don't think she hates men. She hates one particular man, Artorius, but she seems okay with Rokuro.
Aug 7, 2016 4:10 PM
Mar 2015
currycurry said:
hey there White Light whachu doin' in this anime wanna make out with me you sexy, sexy beat?

As for Beseria, it was exciting for only, like the first 7 minutes. Then it was a hell of a lot of exposition in rooms without much going on. It'd work for a game but not an anime, dammit. DO something. How's this - you can even talk WHILE DOING SOMETHING. The directorial decisions here baffle me.

Argh.

I can only hope it'll return to the kids in Zestiria sometime next episode. Or get interesting. SOMETHING.

There was a montage where there team were trying to find the prison where the demons are held and they talked exposition at the same time
Aug 7, 2016 4:17 PM
Nov 2015
1idd0kun said:
thelectricow said:

I don't think she hates men. She hates one particular man, Artorius, but she seems okay with Rokuro.

Oh. I need to pay more attention. :|
Aug 7, 2016 4:30 PM
Nov 2010
Having not played the game or games, now I'm totally lost. At least the combat was beautiful...lol.
Aug 7, 2016 4:36 PM
Apr 2015
Haven't played any games but why they did this to me? I saw ppl complained about ToZ's dumb story but now it got some original parts,at least that anime has something unanswered so I thought they will explain it and hell no Ufo put ToB in here to make things more complicated.
Talk about this episode, great as usual. I swear that Velvet's design is hot as hell.
Also she seems like a calm person that is enjoyable for me
Aug 7, 2016 5:02 PM

Dec 2012
Ah Tales of Berseria. A good episode. Love Velvet's character design & she is so badass with that Demon Arm.
Rokuro seems like a lot of fun. Cannot wait to see how he uses that sword.

Revenge is all on Velvet's mind.

Awesome how they used the OP song from the Zestiria game.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 7, 2016 5:09 PM
Apr 2012
ChoiDalDal said:
Inori_is_love said:
Aye Velvet is super hot. Forgot the red chicks name but I like her too.

Seres but you can call her Lailah too.

Am I missing the reason why she's being called Lailah?
Aug 7, 2016 5:17 PM

Jun 2013
Velvet is such a badass but this felt so out of place
Aug 7, 2016 5:18 PM

Sep 2011
I knew Velvet would happear in this anime, what I didn't expect was 2 episodes of a Tales of Berseria anime. It felt out of place, it felt like I was watching a new anime from episode one...
I want to play Tales of Berseria and I'm really liking the characters so far, so I would rather not be heavy spoiled in an anime that's supposed to be about Zestiria. Hope it returns to the main plot fast. 2 week break...
The opening, though. Just that White Light greatness at the end made the whole episode worth watching, just love it so much >_<
Aug 7, 2016 5:35 PM

Sep 2008
No complaints here. I was already hard for TOB and this only made the hype even stronger. My body is ready for more delicious Velvet!

Gailardios said:
ChoiDalDal said:

Seres but you can call her Lailah too.

Am I missing the reason why she's being called Lailah?

Cause she's the Lailah of TOB. A fire seraph basically. Just like Edna's brother is the Edna of TOB. etc etc
Aug 7, 2016 5:56 PM

Dec 2011
they used the M word so I'm assuming Berseria and Zestiria take place in the same world
Aug 7, 2016 6:06 PM

Apr 2014
Emirius said:
currycurry said:

Argh.

There was a montage where there team were trying to find the prison where the demons are held and they talked exposition at the same time

That was part of the 7 minutes that I approved of.
Aug 7, 2016 6:13 PM

Mar 2015
This episode was certainly a change-up. I liked it for characters, visuals and story, but the challenge is seeing how it gets integrated into the existing story line. If Ufotable can pull it off this is really shaping into a good anime.

I may have misunderstood a visual from this episode, but is Velvet one of the Princess's companions from Episode 0 ?
The sword that takes life gives life
Aug 7, 2016 6:27 PM

Jul 2016
Um... I enjoyed this episode, but those fights were a bit underwhelming. No big deal since they are fighting level 1 enemies or something like that (since it's the start of the game/prologue).

I hope that next episode really shows the beginning of Malevolence. This episode merely hinted it.

Aug 7, 2016 6:50 PM

Sep 2011
This was so out of place and awkward as hell to transition to, but fuck it this got me hyped for berseria so much, this episode is more or less confirming how much potential berseria has to really be one of the best in the series, i also dig the hell out of rokuro as a character already cause im a sucker for those goofy type guys like him, velvet also seems pretty interesting despite the levels of "ow the edge" she puts off. I do wish it wasnt so fucking obvious sere is lailah though.

Hitashi said:
they used the M word so I'm assuming Berseria and Zestiria take place in the same world
yes they do, the director said he wanted it to be like how phantasia and symphonia are in the same world but at a massive time gap between the 2 where youd only pick up on them sharing events if you look closely, they did such a "good job" alot of people are surprised to find symphonia and phantasia even take place in the same spot. I think berseria is going to have some pretty bigger ties to zestiria past small little nods especially since i think seres is lailah and everything related to aizen. But the creators do claim its going to be standlaone and you do not need to play zestiria to understand anything.

Top_Sergeant said:

I may have misunderstood a visual from this episode, but is Velvet one of the Princess's companions from Episode 0 ?
No, this is thousands of years prior to zestiria on a continent not even present in zestiria. If that makes this episode seem really random to be thrown into this show, its cause it totally is.

also all of alisha's friends are dead as shit.

Emirius said:
Riveon said:

This still is pretty much a advertisement. We probably will get a connection in next episode, since Berseria supposed to be prequel to Zestiria. It's still just a addition. Not really neccesery.

In the opneing she fought against Sorey. And Edna´s brother was in Beseria so there is that
velvet isnt fighting sorey in the opening, its just weirdly edited, they just play a scene of her attack the ground shortly before showing sorey and mikleo doing a generic attack in a completely different location. This episode literally exsists solely for advertising the game, the anime itself exsists only to advertise berseria and thats something the anime's director has even said so maybe they will shoehorn velvet in later scenes but she and sorey wont ever coexist unless they go full fanfic with this
JizzyHitlerAug 7, 2016 7:01 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 7, 2016 7:30 PM

Jan 2011
shit this should of been called tales of beasty X this week lol was great seeing the start of it but i didn't think it'd be a full episode worth in fact 2 looking forward to understanding how they both connect.

also didn't think Seres would be a temporary party member she always looked like a enemy from the scans

White Light always gets me pumped up! even if it's a bit random for it to appear here
Aug 7, 2016 7:34 PM
Mar 2015
JizzyHitler said:
This was so out of place and awkward as hell to transition to, but fuck it this got me hyped for berseria so much, this episode is more or less confirming how much potential berseria has to really be one of the best in the series, i also dig the hell out of rokuro as a character already cause im a sucker for those goofy type guys like him, velvet also seems pretty interesting despite the levels of "ow the edge" she puts off. I do wish it wasnt so fucking obvious sere is lailah though.

Hitashi said:
yes they do, the director said he wanted it to be like how phantasia and symphonia are in the same world but at a massive time gap between the 2 where youd only pick up on them sharing events if you look closely, they did such a "good job" alot of people are surprised to find symphonia and phantasia even take place in the same spot. I think berseria is going to have some pretty bigger ties to zestiria past small little nods especially since i think seres is lailah and everything related to aizen. But the creators do claim its going to be standlaone and you do not need to play zestiria to understand anything.

Top_Sergeant said:

No, this is thousands of years prior to zestiria on a continent not even present in zestiria. If that makes this episode seem really random to be thrown into this show, its cause it totally is.

Emirius said:

velvet isnt fighting sorey in the opening, its just weirdly edited, they just play a scene of her attack the ground shortly before showing sorey and mikleo doing a generic attack in a completely different location. This episode literally exsists solely for advertising the game, the anime itself exsists only to advertise berseria and thats something the anime's director has even said so maybe they will shoehorn velvet in later scenes but she and sorey wont ever coexist unless they go full fanfic with this

I am willing to bet my 300 yen that they will cross over ToZ with ToB. That is why this anime is called Tales of Zestiria The Cross. Sorey will meet Velvet.
Aug 7, 2016 7:46 PM

Sep 2011
As somebody who hasn't played the games this episode felt outright irrelevant. We are left with what was essentially a cliffhanger and now it seems like we will have 2 or more weeks of another seemingly irrelevant arc. I'm not so much upset that the episodes exist - I'm ticked that the transition was non-existent.
Aug 7, 2016 8:04 PM

Mar 2014
Damn, that BGM near the end. That got me hyped for the game.
Aug 7, 2016 8:36 PM

Oct 2013
the only best part is the ending. fucking awesome
"If you trip while running down a hallway, you will got nosebleed. If you trip in life, you cry" Minori Kushieda

"This world is merciless, and it's also beautiful" Mikasa Ackerman

"A lesson without pain is meaningless" Edward Elric
Aug 7, 2016 8:42 PM

Sep 2011
Emirius said:
JizzyHitler said:

I am willing to bet my 300 yen that they will cross over ToZ with ToB. That is why this anime is called Tales of Zestiria The Cross. Sorey will meet Velvet.
we will see but it'd probably be the most retarded game adaption of all time if it pulls that

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 7, 2016 8:56 PM

Feb 2014
The character designs in this show are honestly some of the best in anime. Absolutely stunning!
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

188 by bushman66 »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

138 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

105 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

128 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jul 10, 2016

220 by bushman66 »»
Nov 22, 2023 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.