Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (37) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 31, 2016 9:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Puck is so damn awesome, I love how they portray the character in its more monstrous form.

The suffering continues...with Subaru freezing to death. The whole loop thing happened as expected AGAIN. Subaru's chemistry with Rem got to a heated angle. I mean, Subaru's rage...not that it's surprising considering all the dark experiences he's been through. The Rem and Subaru chemistry is quite something imo. They both went through sufferings so they can relate to each other in ways. That OST fit quite well for the episode~

Jul 31, 2016 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
PREPARE YE HEATHENS. Do you hear that? I think it's a massive shitstorm of Rem fans incoming.

In other words, I'm not touching anything shipping related with a motherfucking ten foot pole for a while.
removed-userJul 31, 2016 10:02 AM
Jul 31, 2016 9:35 AM

Apr 2015
Wonderful episode.
Finally seeing Subaru laughing happily again. :')

The whole episode may have just been dialogue, but watching Subaru let out his emotions and watching Rem reassure him and calm him was impactful. Honestly some of the best dialogue I've ever seen.
Jul 31, 2016 9:40 AM

Mar 2015
The most powerful episode ever.

I totally love it, they did it justice. My favorite quote of volume 6 "Subaru-kun is Rem's hero" is adapted perfectly! With BUDGET! Like wow, when the sky starts to shine bright light, when the birds starts to fly and Wishing insert song starts to kick in, I was blasted.

I just saw that someone hated it because it's "all talking", wow, I suppose they either don't like the story and here's for the gore or they don't get anything from that live stream.

Jul 31, 2016 9:41 AM
Feb 2016
DarklordVor said:
The most powerful episode ever.

I totally love it, they did it justice. My favorite quote of volume 6 "Subaru-kun is Rem's hero" is adapted perfectly! With BUDGET! Like wow, when the sky starts to shine bright light, when the birds starts to fly and Wishing insert song starts to kick in, I was blasted.

I just saw that someone hated it because it's "all talking", wow, I suppose they either don't like the story and here's for the gore or they don't get anything from that live stream.

yeeah.. i saw the same dude xD
"Zero kara" !!!!! Remmmm <3
Jul 31, 2016 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
The first episode I watched live and man oh man there are going to be so many people who will hate Subaru for what he did.

I personally don't because hey at least he's being straight with her unlike many other MC's who have some sort of romance plot going on.
Jul 31, 2016 9:43 AM

Jul 2014
Just when you fcking became a fan of Rem for her lines to Subaru, helping him stand back up again and all that comfort and sweet talk, Subaru sunks the fcking ship..... gotta give props to Rem this was her episode, she nailed everything.

Tho the real MVP of this episode was Puck, lil furrball became titan furrball and showed how savage he is.

When Rem said "Zero kara" I got goosebumps all over! and went "aw hell yeah!"
Jul 31, 2016 9:44 AM

Jul 2014
i just hope people won't so salty about it ....
Jul 31, 2016 9:46 AM

Jun 2015
Lolimancer said:
PREPARE YE HEATHENS. Do you hear that? I think it's a massive shitstorm of Rem fans incoming.

Emilia best waifuu
Jul 31, 2016 9:48 AM

Apr 2015
Well now the audience will pretty much split in two camps.

Those people that act more immature than the character they claim to be immaturity himself by hanging themselves up on the fact that their personal ship doesn't sail.

And then there is the group of people that acknowledge the symbolic of this entire scene and respect Subaru for being straight and honest about his emotional state which let's be honest is not something we see everyday. That aside, anything else than still loving Emilia would have been weird and unrealistic. Feelings don't change that fast and nor are we in any place to judge a character for his choice.

The face expressions and the body expressions as well as the voice acting were absolutely beautiful this episode. They adapted this chapter "From Zero" so well, I could read along in my own copy and couldn't really spot any differences. It's like they put the entire chapter word by word into anime form.
Jul 31, 2016 9:48 AM

Jul 2014
Only Re:Zero author will make you ship two people in one scene to make break it in the very same scene , a true sadistic !

anyway don't be so salty guys there more developed between them in next episode's
Jul 31, 2016 9:51 AM

Jun 2015
Fappa said:

Those people that act more immature than the character they claim to be immaturity himself by hanging themselves up on the fact that their personal ship doesn't sail.

And then there is the group of people that acknowledge the symbolic of this entire scene and respect Subaru for being straight and honest about his emotional state which let's be honest is not something we see everyday. That aside, anything else than still loving Emilia would have been weird and unrealistic. Feelings don't change that fast and nor are we in any place to judge a character for his choice.

The face expressions and the body expressions as well as the voice acting were absolutely beautiful this episode. They adapted this chapter "From Zero" so well, I could read along in my own copy and couldn't really spot any differences. It's like they put the entire chapter word by word into anime form.

Well said as always :P and hi ! haha
Jul 31, 2016 9:51 AM

Jul 2014
Fappa said:

You know there no reason the develop the relationship between subaru and rem if the author still stick to emilia , you could avoid tons of salty people
Jul 31, 2016 9:52 AM

May 2016
I NEED SUB NOW!!!!

Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jul 31, 2016 9:55 AM

Jun 2016
Sooo. the negotiations didnt start yet? well i guess i will Drop this episode and resume next week...
Jul 31, 2016 9:58 AM

Apr 2014
This episode in a nutshell:

RIP Rem Ship

(Emilia is best girl)

That title drop though

OrangeJPJul 31, 2016 11:49 AM

Jul 31, 2016 9:58 AM

Apr 2015
Devil_Slayer said:

You know there no reason the develop the relationship between subaru and rem if the author still stick to emilia , you could avoid tons of salty people

I don't know but it seems the majority of this scene's purpose went right over your head. If you believe the sole purpose for their relationship and this scene is in a romantic sense then wow O.o. Quick reminder to the episode's title and Rem's role in this.

I think it's more that Tappei trusts readers and viewer that sticked with the series until this point to not see all this with their pink shipping goggles :P
FappaJul 31, 2016 10:02 AM
Jul 31, 2016 10:02 AM

Jul 2014
Fappa said:
Devil_Slayer said:

I don't know but it seems the majority of this scene's purpose went right over your head. If you believe the sole purpose for their relationship and this scene is in a romantic sense then wow O.o

I think it's more that Tappei trusts readers and viewer that sticked with until this point to not see all this with their pink shipping goggles :P

lol dude chill people ship subaru and rem since ep 11 it's not becuase of this scane .... i don't ship them really since the author stick to emillia since ep 1 so it's pointless you only bring some salty shippers , subaru and rem had a scane nearly every episode 11 xD

he can end up with felt for all what i care for .....
Jul 31, 2016 10:04 AM

Jul 2014
OrangeJP said:
This episode in a nutshell:

RIP Ship

R.I.P

now salt strom incomeing
Jul 31, 2016 10:05 AM
Jul 2016
Brace yourselves. Remfags with pitchforks are coming soon
Jul 31, 2016 10:05 AM

Apr 2014
It's times like this that I wish Emilia didn't exist.
Jul 31, 2016 10:11 AM

Jul 2014
I will laugh so hard if the rateing drop lololo
now 70% of the fandom will go rage xD
Jul 31, 2016 10:22 AM

Jul 2012
wtf I hate re:zero now
Jul 31, 2016 10:23 AM

Jul 2015
That Rem x Subaru ship sunk faster than the Titanic. May the best ship prevail!
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jul 31, 2016 10:26 AM

Oct 2014
SixPistols said:

And here comes the immature Rem Shippers already.
Jul 31, 2016 10:28 AM

Apr 2014
AsuraDestructor said:
SixPistols said:

It's a meme you dip
Jul 31, 2016 10:30 AM

Oct 2014
Hongu said:
AsuraDestructor said:

It's a meme you dip

Didn't seem like it to me.

Try to be cooler, bro.
Jul 31, 2016 10:30 AM
May 2015
Well that was disappointing. People hyped this to be "the best episode ever" "you will cry" bla bla. But it's nothing but talking about how Subaru hates himself and how Rem loves him. Episode 7 is sadder than this episode.

I blame people who hyped this episode too much, when it was not as powerful as episode 7. Is there nothing better than episode 7 and 15? I heard volume 6 is the best volume, now I worried about the future episodes.
Jul 31, 2016 10:34 AM

Sep 2015
A very powerful episode indeed. I have been waiting for this episode for quite a long time after i read the novels, most of all the ost used not bad at all. A day for Subaru to have a ultimate support Rem behind him.

That love confession and family conversation,
Jul 31, 2016 10:38 AM
Feb 2016
1/5 dropped this shit
Jul 31, 2016 10:42 AM

Jan 2016
Where did you people watch it?
Jul 31, 2016 10:48 AM

Jul 2014
VoldyBoldy said:
Well that was disappointing. People hyped this to be "the best episode ever" "you will cry" bla bla. But it's nothing but talking about how Subaru hates himself and how Rem loves him. Episode 7 is sadder than this episode.

I blame people who hyped this episode too much, when it was not as powerful as episode 7. Is there nothing better than episode 7 and 15? I heard volume 6 is the best volume, now I worried about the future episodes.

Let me make short to you nothing beat ep 15 the hype for this episode was unnecessary subaru get rekt as always and rem show you why she's best girl and why no one touch her , not even close to ep 7 and 15

actually this episode will get more hate that the other's becasue of the whole love tringle thing
Jul 31, 2016 10:55 AM

May 2016
Devil_Slayer said:
VoldyBoldy said:

Let me make short to you nothing beat ep 15 the hype for this episode was unnecessary subaru get rekt as always and rem show you why she's best girl and why no one touch her , not even close to ep 7 and 15

actually this episode will get more hate that the other's becasue of the whole love tringle thing
not in Japan. There're like three rezero related things trending on Twitter. Unprecedented for a show. Literally "Re:Zero", "Rem", "Hero", and "Ep 18" trended.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jul 31, 2016 11:05 AM

Nov 2014
Whoa Subaru has become self aware!
Hi there
Jul 31, 2016 11:06 AM

Dec 2014
This episode addressed all the issues I had with Subaru's personality. He finally became aware of himself and thanks to Rem (seriously, dump Emilia and go for Rem) he can finally move forward.

Loved this ep.
I need sleep.
Jul 31, 2016 11:06 AM

Jun 2015
Great episode though, Subaru finally being able to confide in someone and move on, with rem supporting him, truly from Re:Zero and Subaru time to shine will begin
Jul 31, 2016 11:07 AM

Oct 2014
The real story of Subaru Natsuki begins.
Jul 31, 2016 11:08 AM

Jun 2015
I hope this forum doesnt talk about the ships and instead talks about how amazing this episode was. But i doubt it. I never expect anything good from mal forums
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Jul 31, 2016 11:08 AM

Jul 2014
That was an amazing episode. Some might say that hardly anything happened, but if they say so, it means they didn't pay attention to what was going in this episode.

If I had any doubts that Re:Zero deserves a perfect score, this episode would convince me it does.
Jul 31, 2016 11:10 AM

Jun 2015
daze3x said:
I hope this forum doesnt talk about the ships and instead talks about how amazing this episode was. But i doubt it. I never expect anything good from mal forums

Ikr, its sad sometimes :(
Jul 31, 2016 11:12 AM

Jun 2015
Nice to see Subaru explaining his character for those that haven't gotten it by now.
Jul 31, 2016 11:12 AM
Sep 2012
Just tell the rem shippers to go read the side story where Rem and Subaru run away together and have babies. Subaru loves Rem and Emilia. Just doesn't realiz his love for Rem is the romantic kind of love yet. Great episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2016 11:13 AM
Jul 2013
"Let us start here. From square one. No... from Zero!"
Jul 31, 2016 11:15 AM

Mar 2011
He had to learn it the hard way.
It's VERY RARE to see an anime where a NEET that finds himself faulty and want to fix it

Jul 31, 2016 11:15 AM

Mar 2016
I CRIED WAY TOO MUCH
Jul 31, 2016 11:16 AM

Sep 2015
BARUSU LAUGHED
I just watched a masterpiece, pls give an award to the episode director (and the original author ofc)

Jan 2015
Fuck that was such a good episode, mind=blown. This is how all series should handle characterization and development, a full episode to get everything out in the open, not some little 5 minute scene of "the feels".

Rem being the best bro in all of history right there and I love the distinction in Subaru's eyes from this episode and episode 15.

Also loved how Subaru just shit on himself for a solid 5 minutes, not too often an author will have is MC be so brutally honest with himself.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?

Jan 2011
Best girl is right in front of you!!! You son of a bitch!!!!

Damn fine episode.
Jul 31, 2016 11:18 AM
Jun 2016
Devil_Slayer said:

I personally found this episode to be better than Ep 7, though not Ep 15. Still, it never ceased to amazed me how some peeps would simply love/hate a show because of a particular character/ship, regardless of how good or bad the other elements of the show are (i.e., plot, backstory, character progression, animation, art style, sound effect, music, etc.)
Jul 31, 2016 11:18 AM

Apr 2012
The only real ship is the harem ship
Pages (37) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

32 by KuyaC »»
Apr 25, 8:20 AM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.