Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 5, 2016 10:34 AM
Jun 2015
Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara opening

Aug 6, 2016 12:00 PM

Jul 2009
That journalist was kind of annoying ... well, at least his presence helped Souma? :P Liked the part Erina played there, aww, she likes reading shoujo manga! XD That's cute. Nice to see her thinking (and missing) Hinako too. Seems like her taste-testing it was the help that Souma needed ... well, Subaru kind of knew what he was up to anyway. His image training was dead-on ... that's a technique that actors use isn't it? :O Nice to see Megumi and Nikumi jumping in to help too :P Plus some of the judges are the graduates from last season! :D Anyway, it's pretty obvious that Souma will win even through the "twist", so I'm actually looking forward to the next match more ... it was nice that they jumped in a bit with explaining the dish though :3
Aug 7, 2016 9:27 AM

Jun 2013
Erina is reading shojo manga lol
Aug 8, 2016 10:47 PM

Oct 2008
Damn, people like Mimasaka should never be in a competition if doing the same type of cuisine...looks like Souma has a trump card because I think Souma knew how Mimasaka is tailing each & every opponent. Maybe he's hiding something Mimasaka would never expect the least!
5/5.

Aug 9, 2016 12:43 PM

Aug 2014
Boring but better episode, what I want to say that I predicted everything that would happen beside Erina tasting (I liked this manga reading part thing), but it was better to see something different than the match.
Still only 3/5.
This season is very weak..

btw... ALICE GOT BIGGER OPPAI THAN ERINA?! wow
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 10, 2016 4:53 PM

Aug 2014
WHAT AN ANGEL!

Love how hyped as fuck Doujima is for this match xD
Aug 12, 2016 12:41 AM

Oct 2015
made me laugh when mitsuru was first rejected by souma and persistent nature.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 13, 2016 6:51 AM

Jul 2008
Oh so in the future, Takumi has to beat Yukihira no matter what if he wants to claim back his knife :D I think regardless of skill, he just has to get a win :D
Aug 21, 2016 3:53 PM

Dec 2009
The calm before the match. They did a pretty faithful adaptation so far, so I've been pretty happy to see Subaru vs Soma, but I'm not used to Subaru's voice at all.
Aug 25, 2016 2:57 PM

Aug 2014
Erina never change, she is a boring character.
Well the outcome of the battle is so predictable now.
Aug 31, 2016 11:01 AM

Apr 2015
Erina was soo cute while reading her Shoujo =P.

Next episode is gonna be epic.

Great episode.

Sep 7, 2016 6:14 PM
Sep 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIcI9Fk6jVY
Shokugeki no Souma Ni no Sara EngSub 2016 full HD
Sep 17, 2016 9:06 AM

Aug 2014
So the reason Souma chose beef stew was to see how much he can evolve during this year. Tho betting everything on one single dish is still crazy.

Erina and Souma combo never fails to entertain me, lol.

That cliffhanger..
Sep 25, 2016 4:08 PM

May 2012
Sweet buildup for this match, I'm really curious to see the reactions of this match! Let's see what happens next.
Nov 9, 2016 6:53 AM
Nov 2016
Shokugeki said:

Good. Very, very good.

I thought I was the only one who noticed this <3
Souma x Megumi

I'm sure Souma will win because he is MC but I still want to see how he'll humiliate that Mimasaka. I'm so pissed with what he did to Takumi.
Nov 28, 2016 5:42 AM

Mar 2015
Looking forward to seeing what Souma's got up his sleeve to ensure his victory against this scumbag
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 6, 2016 3:11 AM

Nov 2010
Episode 5 : Vol. 10, Ch. 80[end]-85

Danggg. Yukihira totally just waged his career on this Shokugeki. See. Souma's gaze isn't "Alive" to me. It's almost like he's bored or just waiting for a challenge. I'm not seeing a fire that I used to see. It's kind of worrying but hot at the same time. HAHAHA.

OMGGG. There's a cutie that shows up to see Souma. OMGGG. SO CUTE. He's part of the journalism club. HAHA. I can totally hear Greg Ayres voicing this kid in the English Dub. Awww. So he does kind of know about cooking. AHhh. So Yukihira openly says that he just uses the opponent's specialty against them. I'm so jealous of the journal kid getting to eat all of those beef stews.

HAHHAA> Erina is reading shoujo manga. I wonder if she's going to be dating anybody in this season. Oh. Of course, Souma shows up after she finishes her boyfriend reading.

What. Say what. HAHAHA. What the frick is ----HAHAHHAA> SUBARU. WTF R U DOING. omg. I like him. HAHA. AWWWW. Nakiri gave some meat to Souma. She really doesn't want for him to quit being a chef. That's so cute. Oh. His name is Mitsuru.

One of the judges totally looks like that Noragami character. Taki.

What. Am I missing something. They showed a part of Hisako's challenge but I don't remember seeing it. ----AHHH. I totally just half-skipped an episode. Whelp. Time to go back and rewatch episode three. HAHAHA.

They've been so focused on Souma's technique on his cooking that they completely overlooked Subaru's cooking and twists. WE'LL GET TO SEE IT SOON.

Seeing all of this beef stew makes me really want Kai Paolao. I don't think that I'm spelling it right but it's a Thai dish that has beef with eggs.
Jan 13, 2017 5:06 AM

May 2013
Ew, Mimasaka's image training is too spot on, it's creepy. He said all the exact phrases Souma-kun said earlier, dufuqqqqqq...
Mar 30, 2017 1:51 PM

Dec 2012
I'm so hyped up for this shokugeki
Apr 11, 2017 6:29 PM

May 2015
Can Souma take a hint... thanks to Mito he is out of a pinch, the thing is Mito did that because she is truly concerned about MC future polar opposite/in contrast to Miss Nakiri (she offered her aid because of negotiation [manga volumes]) heck even Megu left him some tea and I’m not counting her strong bond with MC as a friend... I hope author makes Erina more sympathetic in futures episodes because she is getting on my nerves.
Apr 16, 2017 10:28 PM

Jul 2013
Interesting to hear that this dish was the first one Soumas father rated as good and which managed to be one of the secret dished in their restaurante.

This reporter guy was funny and pretty stubborn, but for Souma the perfect way for letting someone taste his cattle pot. He experimented a lot but didn't really had the right idea.

Erina looked so cute while reading the Shoujo Manga :D

Souma managed to persuade Erina for tasting his cattle pot, but she wasn't excited in any way. Nikumi also helping Souma and gives him a big bag with extreme delicious meat. To bad that we couldn't see what Souma was experimenting with and what he maybe found out to improve his dish.

And then the Shokugeki finally begun. Was nice to see so much well known faces in the jury :)
At first everything looked fine and Erina, Ryou and Akira imidiately recognized what Souma was up for. But it seems again that Subaru also knows about every improvement Souma made and to top it he improved it even more.

I hope Souma can win, atm it doesn't look good in any way. And there's a lot at stake.

PS: Subaru as Souma looked so weird but at the same time pretty amusing.
Natsu88Apr 16, 2017 10:33 PM

May 23, 2017 8:22 PM

Jul 2012
I really enjoyed this preparation episode. It's a nice break from all the non-stop competition we've had.
May 30, 2017 10:12 AM

Dec 2016
So not only Subaru is a crazy and scary stalker but he's also a pure copy-cat, in everything! He have no sence of creativity at all which is a shame :/ That crepy guy cannot be a true chef if he keeps copying the rivals steps in everything they do.

Again, with Subaru on the line, it will be a though match :(

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 3, 2017 3:37 PM

Jan 2010
It feels like Soma has gotten less enthusiastic and more sluggish in the past few episodes, perhaps ranging back to the last episodes of the first season. He seems more chill and aloof, rather than being fired up over everything. Perhaps it's a way to show he's maturing, or perhaps it's a way to show that he's serious about this Shokugeki. Regardless, it's sort of weird.
Sep 13, 2017 3:39 PM

Aug 2013
Erina reading the manga was funny. Quite adorable as well.

I loved the reaction of the judges after seeing what Souma was doing. They were shocked. Mimasaka seem to have fully profiled Souma.

Oct 22, 2017 8:55 AM

Nov 2011
I thought I would have headache, instead, changing the setting with atmospheres not only series but also fun, the result is much more digestible and intriguing as far as the vision of the episode is concerned. Narration I would have liked not exactly like in the times, even for the previous episodes, well! Curious enough to find out how Yukihira will crush that viper of Subaru.

G_Spark233 said:

This guy and his stalking continues being hilarious!

As far as I'm concerned, Subaru is just a shit stalker. Go to the devil!

Shokugeki said:

Good. Very, very good.

We do not forget about Ikumi, too!
Oct 29, 2017 8:55 PM
Sep 2015
I just realized that sotsuda mitsuru the journalist kid has the same voice actor as Midoriya izuku😂
Nov 8, 2017 11:58 AM

Apr 2013
Erina was actually kinda cute this episode. But best girl Nikumi holds her spot, supporting Souma with the right idea :3
I thought from the very beginning that this journalist is just a spy from his opponent, let's see if I'm right about that :P
Feb 5, 2018 4:22 AM

Dec 2012
Nikuma ran away.
Hisako left.
Onegaishimaaaasu!
Flashback Nikumi oppai jiggle.
Dem Erina toes. Dat zettai. Dat booty.
Dat flasback Alice and Erina oppai.
lol at Souma going to Erina.
Erina gonna Erina figuring it out before Souma explains.
Damn. Dat God Tongue.
Oh. It's Uiha- I mean...
LMAO at Subaru.
Remove the spoons from the females.
Nikumi oppai.
KOYASU!!!
Whoa! Who is that judge on the far right? She is fine. Also, Dat oppai.
Time to get your Shokugeki on!
Hinako.
Her name is Sonoka. Dat oppai jiggle. 89th class.
Erina legs.
Sonoka oppai.
Oxtail?
Subaru knows.
Dat ending.

OMG! Sonoka is waifu.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 31, 2019 4:12 PM

Feb 2013
So, he couldn't escape that stalker's eyes.
Jul 3, 2019 2:32 AM

May 2016
Thanks to Erina's God Tongue, Nikumi's care package, and Mitsuru's Peasant Tongue, Soma had successfully managed to overcome his habit of preparing dishes that appeal mainly to back-to-back diners even in very important and high-class competitions. It would've been that easy but Mimasaka actually managed to replicate every single new technique he'd tried out...

Nakiri's super adorable in this episode, being so easily swayed by the promise of getting to read the last volumes of her shoujo manga ♡

Jan 7, 2020 12:48 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Erina still tsundere af lol. A very important match is going to start, can't wait to see how it turns
Feb 8, 2020 6:34 PM

Aug 2017
Erina was hilarious in this episode lmao.

I can't trust this new character, he looks very annoying and stupid.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 1, 2020 3:58 PM

Mar 2010
And the fat guy is gonna figure that out as well, surprise.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 11, 2021 5:19 PM

Jul 2017
This episode felt refreshing compared to the previous 4 for being more of a buildup episode until the last few minutes which began the Soma-Subaru matchup. It did feel reminiscent of the first season with Soma just testing and experimenting with different flavors and cuts that would make his beef stew shine the most, but that cliffhanger showed that Subaru's much more of a professional stalker than he is given credit for since he's also working with the oxtail and has his own ways of elevating it even further. Again, the matchup itself has a predictable result but I'm excited to see how the execution of it all is again.

Also, nice seeing some familiar faces as the judges from the Camp arc last season. I remember them well especially from the Shimoniya-Tadokoro/Yukihira unofficial Shokugeki so that's dope.
Apr 21, 2022 10:12 PM

Apr 2020
Part of me feels like Mimasaka was written as a sort of social commentary on fans of the first season who started copying every single recipe they saw in each episode, and acted like cooking those dishes now makes them top chefs. It's like "Hey, Food Wars fans, you see this guy? That's you! That's what you're doing!"
Nov 23, 2022 1:57 PM
May 2020
I see what you did there. We get to see Souma figure out how to make his dish gourmet but then we don't get to see the other guy until the next episode! Is he going to do the exact same thing or not?!?
Jul 12, 2023 8:10 AM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

203 by Boring_Rose »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

152 by j2ez2 »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

363 by eeniemewie »»
Oct 10, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

235 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2016

141 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.