Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 27, 2016 12:17 PM

Apr 2016
I really want to have both XP and Windows 10 on my computer. How do I do this without a disc -_-?
Don't know how to use html so this signature is empty for now :/
Jul 27, 2016 12:42 PM

Sep 2014
Get Virtualbox and just torrent windows XP.
Jul 27, 2016 12:55 PM

Aug 2012
Do you want to dual boot your PC?
Jul 27, 2016 1:10 PM

Feb 2014
Torrent Windows XP, then run the installer. It'll create a separate partition for you with Win XP on it, but I don't think it'll remove your current OS.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jul 27, 2016 1:35 PM

Apr 2016
how exactly do I torrent it?
Jul 27, 2016 8:47 PM

Jul 2016
Why do you need Windows XP? There's a compatitbly mode for that OS already If you have a software related issue.

I wouldn't recommend torrenting anything if you're unfamiliar with finding and using torrents. You're more likely to get a virus. You're going to have to download something like Tribler, utorrent, etc. Then make your way over to thepiratebay. KAT recently got taken down so you're out of luck there.

But assuming you have the Windows XP file you're going to have to partition a part of your harddrive, then download the XP iso to either a disc or make a bootable usb.
Jul 27, 2016 8:52 PM

Oct 2012
JuggaloPlow said:
Why do you need Windows XP? There's a compatitbly mode for that OS already If you have a software related issue.

I wouldn't recommend torrenting anything if you're unfamiliar with finding and using torrents. You're more likely to get a virus. You're going to have to download something like Tribler, utorrent, etc. Then make your way over to thepiratebay. KAT recently got taken down so you're out of luck there.

But assuming you have the Windows XP file you're going to have to partition a part of your harddrive, then download the XP iso to either a disc or make a bootable usb.

Well the main issue isn't the file themselves but most Torrent tracker sites are known for being dubious at best, especially the public trackers. You have to navigate a plethora of false DL links that lead to spy/adware at best, viruses at worst.
Jul 27, 2016 10:36 PM
Jul 2018
try and find a virtual machine
Jul 28, 2016 10:59 PM

Jan 2016
If you run windows xp on a virtual machine it will be considerably slow compared to a regular install. What i recommend you do is partition your current hard drive so you can dual-boot windows xp.

Link to the torrent: https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4535425/Windows_XP_Professional_SP3_-_Activated

Link to how to use torrents: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvyKDUpymcs

So once you download xp you have to have a usb and make it a bootable drive containing xp.

Link to how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZVgInbhTAw
Its for windows 7 but u can do it for xp. But you'll have to mount the iso first. Get powerISO or something for that.

And then you boot your computer from your usb and install xp in your partition then you can dual boot both windows 10 and windows xp
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2016 12:01 AM

Jul 2013
clandestine said:
try and find a virtual machine

I second the motion.

Download the iso and Just use either of VMware or Virtualbox.
The point where the darkness lies
Is the place I hide my true self
Are you prepared to open your eyes?
Cause between those line is yourself
Jul 30, 2016 4:20 AM

Jul 2013
Hopefully you have at least 8gb or higher as it will really be slow and unresponsive
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2016 10:28 AM

Apr 2016
Virtualbox was successful but how the hell am I supposed to connect this thing to the internet?
Aug 13, 2016 2:31 PM

Apr 2016
bump            
Aug 13, 2016 11:12 PM

Jun 2016
I've been wanting to dual-boot XP from my secondary hard drive for a while now. I did it before, but I have a newer motherboard that I need to go through extra steps to get it to work. Once I get it running, I'm going to post in this thread again and let you know how I got connected to the internet if I was even able to.

Mine is/was/will actually be installed on the second HDD itself rather than dual boot so you may have some extra steps to get it connected. The only OSes I've virtualized are Windows 95 and 98, so I don't really know what XP is like virtualized.
Lost_VikingAug 13, 2016 11:15 PM

More topics from this board

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
3 minutes ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
6 minutes ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

29 by _Nette_ »»
14 minutes ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Today

1 by Zettaiken »»
26 minutes ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3510 by rurina-chan »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.