Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 27, 2016 9:28 AM

Sep 2014

NonaryGamesJul 31, 2023 2:08 PM
Jul 27, 2016 9:31 AM

Sep 2015
Ah this classic situation. Logically speaking it would be kill the baby or get someone else to do it for me so I don't have to see the murder. In reality who knows how I'd act.

There's no way of safely knocking out a baby is there?
Jul 27, 2016 9:32 AM

May 2016
There is no option of cover baby's mouth? xD But well, I don't think I am capable of killing a baby, so I suposse everyone would be dead D:
Kotoneko-chanJul 27, 2016 9:38 AM
Jul 27, 2016 9:33 AM

Nov 2015
There are countless ways to keep the child quiet. But for the sake of the hypothetical, I'll pardon that. Realistically it will not happen that anyone would sacrifice his own child for this. It would be too difficult an action to take. Other people may coerce him or may take the child from him and get rid of it themselves. And so, if I were in this situation, I'd prefer if others take my child away from me (and then I'll have to leave this town of course). If, however, it was someone else's child, then I'll take the child and leave it out in the open so no one in the town takes the direct responsibility of killing him.
TranceJul 27, 2016 2:03 PM
Jul 27, 2016 9:35 AM

Jun 2016
Woah that's some dark movie trope stuff OP.I don't think I would have the right to judge whether another human being should live or not in that situation or in any other for that matter.There are ways to put them unconscious without asphyxiating them though.But if I only had those two choices I'd still not bring myself to kill a child, but I pray to Lenin that I'll never get into such a situation holy shit.I'd rather push someone I hate in said village out to sacrifice them in order for us others to leave safely because I'm just another rotten human being.
Jul 27, 2016 9:36 AM

Aug 2009
Just gag the little fucker? Put something in its mouth?
If not i would probably kill it but then commit suicide out of guilt.
Jul 27, 2016 9:39 AM

Apr 2014
In before Jesus

30 holy characterss
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.

Mar 2008
An entire town? Obviously they outnumber them and can take them on. Problem solved.

Sep 2015
well as someone who would sacrifice others if it benefits me, i'd kill the baby. i haven't invested much money into it and it's easy to make a new one.

being a hero is useless when you are dead

Jul 27, 2016 9:40 AM

Jan 2015
Though I tend to take a more utilitarian approach in such matters, I don't always do so depending on the situation.

However in this, kill the baby. You can make a new one.

Besides innate instinctual reasons, very young kids are actually very low on the usefulness chart. They're completely dependent, require a lot of nurture, and have yet to have a lot of money and time invested into them.

The most important people based on age are older teenagers and young adults. Though naturally as the most capable, they're the ones who have to step up first in a time of crisis. With that in mind, young teenagers are the most valuable age demographic.
Jul 27, 2016 9:41 AM

Jul 2012
Not much of a moral dilemma, ...bruh I would sacrifice my only fictitious child for the good of the gang. Can a baby shank a marauder, didn't thought so. Only hard [Plural EXPLETIVE] in my gang, sorry baby.
I don't even
Jul 27, 2016 9:42 AM

May 2015
what a meaningless question.

the obvious answer for any parent would be to sacrifice yourself since even in the most traumatic of situations, no parent would ever sacrifice their own infant child for their sake

but since thats not an option, it still fairly obvious that youd have your own baby martyred than to have everyone you know, and yourself, die
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Jul 27, 2016 9:46 AM

Dec 2012
Everyone can die with me if I have to give up my reason for living.
Jul 27, 2016 9:55 AM
Oct 2013
I would sacrifice myself if I have to. Otherwise, I would just do my best to shut up my baby.
Jul 27, 2016 10:11 AM
Jul 2018
As any professional dater of women I just so happen to have a chloroform rag on my person at all times
Jul 27, 2016 10:19 AM

Oct 2011
Kills baby to save townspeople

Townspeople kill you for murdering a baby.
Jul 27, 2016 12:27 PM
Apr 2016
SnugglyWhuggly said:
So, you have two choices:
  • Kill your baby and save yourself, and the entire town
  • Let your baby cry and get yourself, your baby, and the entire town killed

What option would you choose, and why?

P.S. Replace/imagine the baby with the person closest to you in your life, if it helps at all.

Discuss.

What's the moral dilemma in that? It dies either way, so I might as well kill it myself in order to save the other people.
Jul 27, 2016 12:29 PM

Sep 2014
Either option will get you killed SJWs will come and target you for killing the babies, and I have a feeling a bunch of marauders will give you a quick painless deaths than SJWs.
Jul 27, 2016 12:43 PM

Apr 2016
Couldn't you just calm the child down or knock him out? If not, then I guess you have to kill it, or offer yourself to the band in exchange for the lives of the rest

Jul 27, 2016 1:46 PM

Jul 2015
Who needs morals when you've got pragmatism??
Jul 27, 2016 1:57 PM

Aug 2015
There's no guarantee that the baby will not cry while being killed bec he/she's already about to cry.
I'll just try my best to keep the baby silent, muffle the baby.
I see no moral dilemma. Only emphasized and neglected possibilities.
蒼穹を舞う。
Jul 27, 2016 4:21 PM

Aug 2015
I would let the baby cry.

Any town and townspeople who refuse to defend themselves are already guilty of the sin of omission; they failed to do what is right.

Two wrongs do not make a right. A town that is not defended should not have anyone living there, or should of been under the protectorate of another. Again, and this is a good lesson being learned these days, and more so in the future, it is a sin not to defend yourself, or even be unprepared with regards to defense. Those who are weak, and cry-bullies etc, will in the end reap what is coming.
idk about you but the closer a girl gets to looking like ronald mcdonald, the more aroused i become. CAV

where can we cast our eyes to @PoruMairu who thinks of himself a member of the true church. Helion.
Jul 27, 2016 4:46 PM

Mar 2014
I'm assuming everything here is guaranteed. The baby will cry, you can't shut it up, the marauders will kill you, you don't outnumber them, these are your only two options, etc.

I don't know if I could actually kill a baby or anyone close to me. I liked Trances response, have somebody who is emotionally capable do it, or maybe a lucky volunteer would lead them away. Given only those two options, you kill it, and if you can't live with it afterwards, feel free to kill yourself.
Jul 27, 2016 5:38 PM

Oct 2012
ModeratelyHuman said:
Though I tend to take a more utilitarian approach in such matters, I don't always do so depending on the situation.

However in this, kill the baby. You can make a new one.

Besides innate instinctual reasons, very young kids are actually very low on the usefulness chart. They're completely dependent, require a lot of nurture, and have yet to have a lot of money and time invested into them.

The most important people based on age are older teenagers and young adults. Though naturally as the most capable, they're the ones who have to step up first in a time of crisis. With that in mind, young teenagers are the most valuable age demographic.

Well if we're talking about this in just a moral dillema, then yes, I probably agree with you logically speaking.

However, Realisticly speaking, nobody would know for sure that they'd die. Nothing is that certain in life, so in practice i doubt anyone would actually try to kill the baby, or that would be the absolute last resort.
Jul 27, 2016 5:42 PM

Apr 2015
This seems very relevant to this thread, so here you go.

Jul 27, 2016 5:54 PM

Jun 2016
I'd leave the baby in a seperate area and hide somewhere else. If the baby dies, nothing I could have done. If the baby lives, I'm lucky.

But to actually answer your question, I think I wouldn't take the life of someone I love for the lives of a group if it actually happened. But hypothetically, I would.
Jul 27, 2016 5:58 PM

Jul 2012
Id let my wife decide, 10/10 best dad.
Jul 27, 2016 6:09 PM

Feb 2014
I would kill anyone to ensure my survival (let alone a whole towns', I'd do it for just my own) if that's the only solution and is fail-safe. But purely theoretical scenarios like that will never happen because there's usually always some way out or it's not fail-safe and thus not worth risking.

Like, yeah you can kill and quieten your baby, but how can you be sure someone else in your huge villager entourage won't give away your location anyway?
Jul 28, 2016 12:37 AM
Apr 2013
I would try to soothe the baby and possibly fail, just like in any good movie
Who the hell would rip open the baby's throat, gross
Jul 28, 2016 12:48 AM
Jul 2018
I would kill my baby. As cruel as it sounds, if I do it I'll save many people, and if I don't everyone will die.
Jul 28, 2016 8:11 PM

May 2013
I'd probably not kill my baby and then we'd both be killed by the towns folk.
rip
Jul 28, 2016 8:13 PM

Aug 2013
You make sure you move into a town where everyone packing heat then you join up mob justice style and gun them all down.

Another option "here take my son" then draw them off all heroic and shit end up getting shot Willam Dafoe style and your kid can grow up to avenge you. Only reason people get into the basement situation is fear of acting. People think theres someway to have everyone survive the situation even if there isn't their fear leads them all to their doom. Never get into that situation trying to get the best possible outcome.
SpooksJul 28, 2016 8:16 PM
Jul 28, 2016 8:26 PM

Aug 2014
Cotton swab the ear. After that he might as well be ded.
Jul 28, 2016 8:31 PM

Apr 2013
If I can't keep the baby quiet, I'll cry on the inside while providing him a swift death.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jul 28, 2016 8:34 PM

Mar 2016
I have baby cousins that I can see myself dying for. Which is pretty weird because I'm a selfish prick most of the time.

I'm guessing I could die for my kid and sacrifice the rest of the town while I'm at it.

But that's only if I'm sure that the baby ends up in good hands.
Jul 31, 2016 2:15 AM

Dec 2015
You kill to live. It is simple. Would be a bit different if you and the baby could escape and the other townspeople would be killed. (Then it would be even easier cause you don't care about the others. Baby killed it is still the decision wether to love with the "pain" you might have ... or die. But for me it is: You have only 1 life so you should live as long as possible. You could have other babies later.)
Jul 31, 2016 7:59 AM
Jul 2015
I could not kill my own son, but I also cannot stop an entire city.

More topics from this board

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

36 by Crawlie »»
49 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

677 by Crawlie »»
51 minutes ago

» Over the years, I began to be repulsed by pork, is there any explanation for this?

Absurdo_N - Mar 26

25 by bevarnow »»
1 hour ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

26 by LoveYourEyes »»
2 hours ago

» What are some of your favorite animals?

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

46 by Dracowyn »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.