Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 26, 2016 6:58 PM

Jul 2016
I need something new to listen to. You may also include songs and albums.
ZIN
Jul 26, 2016 8:01 PM

Feb 2015
Ever heard of One Ok Rock, MY FIRST STORY, Demetori ?
Jul 26, 2016 8:12 PM

Jan 2015
Zin7770 said:
I see ur profile, and three thing that comes out:
drumming - sort of metal - visual kei
But I didn't see this
X Japan
TyrelJul 31, 2016 4:25 PM

la critique de l'intention pure
Jul 26, 2016 8:36 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Crystal Lake is the shit.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 27, 2016 4:00 PM

Jun 2016
Well, I almost don't listen japanese music, but MUCC are great
Jul 27, 2016 4:16 PM

Sep 2013
Not sure if rock-subgenres are welcomed as well, but here some suggestions (if u don't know them yet)

Coaltar of the Deepers - Yukari Telepath

Mono - Hymn to the Immortal Wind

9mm Parabellum Bullet - Vampire

Ling Tosite Sigure - just A moment
Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music
Jul 27, 2016 7:19 PM
May 2015
Ling Tosite Sigure is pretty much the only japanese band I like

Also this hipster post-avant jazzcore shit
TyrelJul 31, 2016 4:26 PM
Jul 27, 2016 7:29 PM

Apr 2015
Asian Kung-Fu Generation.

-Mastergold
Jul 27, 2016 10:38 PM

Jul 2016
Does Melt Banana count?
Jul 27, 2016 10:42 PM

Aug 2015
FLOW, NICO Touches the Walls, SID, STANCE PUNKS, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Orange Range, One Ok Rock, Aqua Timez, ROOKiEZ is PUNK'D, Abingdon Boys School, well many bands as you can see!!!!!!!
Jul 29, 2016 9:04 PM

Jul 2016
Haelinea said:

I've heard of the first two bands. Listened to a few of their songs. Not my style, although the vocalist for ONE OK ROCK does have good English skills.
ZIN
Jul 29, 2016 9:08 PM

Jul 2016
katiak_Ula said:
Zin7770 said:
But I didn't see this
X Japan

Thanks for the suggestions. I've heard of Maximum the Hormone because that song is the second opening for Death Note. And X Japan is one of the very best bands from Japan, but I never really got into any of their songs. I'll give this one a listen!
ZIN
Jul 29, 2016 9:13 PM

Jan 2014
Mine is High and Mighty Color
“Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore, trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.”
Jul 29, 2016 9:14 PM

Jul 2016
DatRandomDude said:
Crystal Lake is the shit.

Holy fuck! Best suggestion. This is what I've been looking for, and that breakdown sounds amazing! I will check them out. Thanks
TyrelJul 31, 2016 4:27 PM
ZIN
Jul 29, 2016 9:19 PM

Jul 2016
LilithMythTakes said:
Does Melt Banana count?

The first song sounds like one of the tracks from Splatoon lol.
ZIN
Jul 29, 2016 9:47 PM

Jul 2016
Ryou said:
Mine is High and Mighty Color

I've heard of them. They do a lot of anime openings. I know some of their songs from Bleach and the vocalist's voice is good. Too bad they disbanded though.
ZIN
Jul 29, 2016 10:18 PM
Mar 2016
Haelinea said:
Love One Ok Rock and Bump of Chicken. Both are my favorite to listen to and the main vocal guys for both are awesome. Oh, and EGOIST seems good.. Yeah do try them out.
Jul 29, 2016 10:40 PM

Jan 2015
Zin7770 said:
katiak_Ula said:
But I didn't see this
X Japan
[yt]pEejXP4valY/yt]

Also this metalcore(or nu metal?) If u love slipknot guess this work
[yt]EGL-sz1atnI/yt]

Thanks for the suggestions. I've heard of Maximum the Hormone because that song is the second opening for Death Note. And X Japan is one of the very best bands from Japan, but I never really got into any of their songs. I'll give this one a listen!
They're pretty nice, not my ultimate fave band but I yeah i enjoy their stuff.
Forgot this intrigued one by MtH lol

some others if u still hunting, rock related
The Blue Hearts
The Stalin
Thee Michelle Gun Elephant
Asian Kung-Fu Generation
L'Arc~en~Ciel

Other stuff, if u want to check the like tokyo jihen, Boris, Melt Banana also pretty nice
karambiaAug 1, 2016 12:26 PM

la critique de l'intention pure
Jul 29, 2016 10:48 PM
Mar 2011
Harkenkreuz
Sex Machine Gun
Rosenfeld
Mein Kampf
Sabbrabells
黒蝪蝶
Valkylie
Xenolith Oger
Youthquake
Yokosuka Saber Tiger
Saber Tiger
44MAGNUM
Mephistopheles
Harkenkreuz
Sex Machine Gun
Rosenfeld
Mein Kampf
Sabbrabells
黒蝪蝶
Valkylie
Xenolith Oger
Youthquake
Yokosuka Saber Tiger
Saber Tiger
44MAGNUM
Mephistopheles
Harkenkreuz
Sex Machine Gun
Rosenfeld
Mein Kampf
Sabbrabells
黒蝪蝶
Valkylie
Xenolith Oger
Youthquake
Yokosuka Saber Tiger
Saber Tiger
44MAGNUM
Mephistopheles

Harkenkreuz
Sex Machine Gun
Rosenfeld
Mein Kampf
Sabbrabells
黒蝪蝶
Valkylie
Xenolith Oger
Youthquake
Yokosuka Saber Tiger
Saber Tiger
44MAGNUM
Mephistopheles
Dead End
D'erlanger
黒夢
ZI:KILL
聖飢魔II
氷室京介
JUN SKY WALKERs
尾崎豊
ユニコーン
Rommel
バービーボーイズ
BLANKEY JET CITY
TMGE
奥田 民生
澤田 研二
Mr.Children
聖飢魔II
浜田麻里
サディスティック・ミカ・バン

hope this help
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jul 30, 2016 10:59 AM

Jul 2016
To everyone who gave suggestions, thanks. This post is pretty much closed now.
ZIN
Jul 30, 2016 11:31 AM

Nov 2011
Les Ralizes Denudes. All their material consists of live albums but very great psychedelic noise rock. Can be too harsh for some people though.
Jul 30, 2016 11:46 AM

Jul 2014
Mad Capsule Markets. They're a fantastic industrial rock band.

Take care of yourself

Jul 30, 2016 12:35 PM

Jun 2012
My personal favorite would be Melt-Banana.
They've already been mentioned, but here's a better song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFwCpw8AQBg

Mass of the Fermenting Dregs are good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t01VmIMipKU

If you are at all interested in 'niche' forms of rock, I can recommend many artists within hardcore punk, noise rock (of which Melt-Banana would be an example), post-punk and avant-garde progressive rock - ranging from very smooth and melodic to hyperfast and extremely noisy and from primitive to extremely intelligent musical forms.

I often say that the Japanese make the best Western music - there is just so much and such a high level of creativity, but I don't know how much of the things I describe that you would even consider rock (though it would fall within the rock spectrum in musicological terms).
AburadakoJul 31, 2016 2:35 PM
Jul 30, 2016 2:07 PM

Nov 2011
Kidemonas said:

If you are at all interested in 'niche' forms of rock, I can recommend many artists within hardcore punk, noise rock (och which Melt-Banana would be an example), post-punk and avant-garde progressive rock - ranging from very smooth and melodic to hyperfast and extremely noisy and from primitive to extremely intelligent musical forms.

I often say that the Japanese make the best Western music - there is just so much and such a high level of creativity, but I don't know how much of the things I describe that you would even consider rock (though it would fall within the rock spectrum in musicological terms).

Id say they had a really good psychedelic rock scene in the 60s and 70s despite lack of drugs as well as really good noisy hardcore punk scene with groups like Gaseneta, Gai, and Confuse. Also very good metal scene with Loudness, Bow Wow/Vow wow, and Seikima II. Also I think Japanese black metal is superior to Norwegian black metal.

Oh and can't forget the harsh noise andpower electronic groups like Hanatarash, Hijokaidan, and Grim. Lots of great music comes from Japan. Overall I'd still go with UK or Germany as the best place for music though.
Jul 30, 2016 2:09 PM

Oct 2007
An Cafe!! And also SuG, ViViD, LM.C and Zoro. Also Alice Nine too.
Jul 30, 2016 8:14 PM

Nov 2011
katiak_Ula said:
Waifu_Strangler said:

Id say they had a really good psychedelic rock scene in the 60s and 70s despite lack of drugs as well as really good noisy hardcore punk scene with groups like Gaseneta, Gai, and Confuse. Also very good metal scene with Loudness, Bow Wow/Vow wow, and Seikima II. Also I think Japanese black metal is superior to Norwegian black metal.

Oh and can't forget the harsh noise andpower electronic groups like Hanatarash, Hijokaidan, and Grim. Lots of great music comes from Japan. Overall I'd still go with UK or Germany as the best place for music though.
lol, I think op won't gone that far and deep but hell u mentioned some stuff that's intriguing :D
Btw Waifu_Strangler where did u find more obscure music and other, wandering in \mu/ or maybe use soulseek?

I've never been to 4chan but I use Soulseek. I usually discover music through asking on various forums I go to and looking up similar artists I listen to. It's fun digging through the dirt for gems.
Jul 30, 2016 8:54 PM

Apr 2015
Show By Rock!! has introduced me to some good Japanese bands.

Usotsuki
Jul 30, 2016 9:00 PM
Mar 2011
Waifu_Strangler said:
Kidemonas said:

If you are at all interested in 'niche' forms of rock, I can recommend many artists within hardcore punk, noise rock (och which Melt-Banana would be an example), post-punk and avant-garde progressive rock - ranging from very smooth and melodic to hyperfast and extremely noisy and from primitive to extremely intelligent musical forms.

i shock you never commensted on my list
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jul 31, 2016 2:32 AM

Dec 2014
One Ok Rock
not even sorry

Jul 31, 2016 2:49 AM

Mar 2015
On these almost 3 years, so far:

ONE OK ROCK
Asian Kung-Fu Generation
Foreground Eclipse
Draw the Emotional
Jul 31, 2016 2:51 AM
Mar 2011
people hate mainsrae anime but love and adore mainstream music

Jul 31, 2016 5:21 AM

Sep 2013
There aren't many J-rock bands I listen too though I like The pillows and Baby Metal.

Jul 31, 2016 2:58 PM

Jun 2012
Waifu_Strangler said:
Kidemonas said:

If you are at all interested in 'niche' forms of rock, I can recommend many artists within hardcore punk, noise rock (of which Melt-Banana would be an example), post-punk and avant-garde progressive rock - ranging from very smooth and melodic to hyperfast and extremely noisy and from primitive to extremely intelligent musical forms.

I haven't really listened to much of the early Japanese psychedelic music, but I've listened to Afrirampo, Shizuka, Flower Travellin' Band (well, they were early) and a few others. Anyway.
Yes, Gai/Swankys and Confuse were great. Apart from them, my personal punk favorites include S.O.B., Gloom, Romantic Gorilla, Gauze and Aburadako.
I also love a bunch of the obscure post-punk bands of the '80s like 黒色エレジー, OXZ and Geil.
As for noise, I'm a Merzbow fan but I also really like Kazumoto Endo, K.K. Null, Guilty Connector and, indeed, Hanatarash (but I do prefer what Yamatsuka Eye did in early Boredoms - brilliant).
I haven't really listened to much Japanese black metal besides the obvious (namely Sigh) but I'm not a big fan of the genre (black metal in itself that is). I like the very specific atmospheres of early Norwegian black metal (roughly 1989-93) and some symphonic black metal (for different atmospheres) but in general I hate the genre.

There's certainly a lot of good music coming from the UK and Germany. It'd be impossible to miss the significance of the UK's contributions to punk, post-punk and electronic music. Most of the German bands I'd say I really like/love are from the '70s (krautrock stuff like Amon Duül II and CAN, jazzrock such as Thirsty Moon, ambient like Klaus Schulze and Popol Vuh - and many, many more). In many ways I do feel that France is the Japan of Europe - most of the really strange European bands are from France (excepting some of the weirdness of '70s Germany that I mentioned ^^).
AburadakoJul 31, 2016 3:05 PM
Jul 31, 2016 3:08 PM

Feb 2015
probably ling and galileo galilei (rip at the breakup). one ok is alright.
Jul 31, 2016 4:12 PM

Nov 2011
DateYutaka said:
Waifu_Strangler said:

i shock you never commensted on my list

I missed your post since I was skimming through but yeah those bands at least the ones I know of are great! I keep forgetting to mention Doom who is a favorite of mine. I'm trying to remember the name of this one guitarist who did surf rock in the 60s but I can't remember his name. I believe he was in a group called The Bunnies at one point though.

Kidemonas said:
Waifu_Strangler said:

I haven't really listened to much of the early Japanese psychedelic music, but I've listened to Afrirampo, Shizuka, Flower Travellin' Band (well, they were early) and a few others. Anyway.
Yes, Gai/Swankys and Confuse were great. Apart from them, my personal punk favorites include S.O.B., Gloom, Romantic Gorilla, Gauze and Aburadako.
I also love a bunch of the obscure post-punk bands of the '80s like 黒色エレジー, OXZ and Geil.
As for noise, I'm a Merzbow fan but I also really like Kazumoto Endo, K.K. Null, Guilty Connector and, indeed, Hanatarash (but I do prefer what Yamatsuka Eye did in early Boredoms - brilliant).
I haven't really listened to much Japanese black metal besides the obvious (namely Sigh) but I'm not a big fan of the genre (black metal in itself that is). I like the very specific atmospheres of early Norwegian black metal (roughly 1989-93) and some symphonic black metal (for different atmospheres) but in general I hate the genre.

There's certainly a lot of good music coming from the UK and Germany. It'd be impossible to miss the significance of the UK's contributions to punk, post-punk and electronic music. Most of the German bands I'd say I really like/love are from the '70s (krautrock stuff like Amon Duül II and CAN, jazzrock such as Thirsty Moon, ambient like Klaus Schulze and Popol Vuh - and many, many more). In many ways I do feel that France is the Japan of Europe - most of the really strange European bands are from France (excepting some of the weirdness of '70s Germany that I mentioned ^^).

Les Ralizes Denudes, and Speed Glue and Shinki come to mind for early psychedelic rock bands to check out since you already mentioned Flower traveling band. Also an interesting group I found is called Love will make a better you and their album love live life. I guess I'm odd in that I prefer Hanatarash to Boredom's but both are great imo. Grim would probably be my favorite though. As for black metal I don't listen to much but I really like Sabbat.

Anyway the Krautrock scene is my favorite music scene. Can is my favorite music artist behind Frank Zappa and I'm also a huge fan of Kraftwerk and Faust. Since you brought up France I really like Magma a lot and I'm a fan of a lot of Chanson artists like Leo Ferre, Serge Gainsborough, Jacques Brel, and Charles Aznavour.
Jul 31, 2016 4:28 PM

Sep 2011
Please spoiler your videos. All these posts with unspoilered videos almost crashed my browser lmao.
Jul 31, 2016 5:37 PM

Jun 2012
Waifu_Strangler said:

Les Ralizes Denudes, and Speed Glue and Shinki come to mind for early psychedelic rock bands to check out since you already mentioned Flower traveling band. Also an interesting group I found is called Love will make a better you and their album love live life. I guess I'm odd in that I prefer Hanatarash to Boredom's but both are great imo. Grim would probably be my favorite though. As for black metal I don't listen to much but I really like Sabbat.

Anyway the Krautrock scene is my favorite music scene. Can is my favorite music artist behind Frank Zappa and I'm also a huge fan of Kraftwerk and Faust. Since you brought up France I really like Magma a lot and I'm a fan of a lot of Chanson artists like Leo Ferre, Serge Gainsborough, Jacques Brel, and Charles Aznavour.

I've heard Les Rallizes Dénudés but not the others I think.

I saw Sabbat live many years ago, quite funny. Lots of skin and leather-susps. I wouldn't call it black metal, but of course, from an 'original' perspective they are (just like Merciful Fate was seen as black metal in days of olde).

I've never become a fan of Zappa - I prefer the more 'serious'-sounding music that some believe would not have come about if it weren't for him. I'm talking about avant-prog, RIO and even the zeuhl that Magma pioneered. Ironically, I'm not a fan of Magma either (granted, they've made some good music) while I do like some later zeuhl bands a lot. I'm talking about stuff like Art Zoyd, Dün (I much prefer their sillyness to that of Zappa), Aksak Maboul, Etron Fou Leloublan, Shub-Niggurath and Vortex to name a few French ones (Belgian Univers Zero is perhaps my favourite) and from Japan: Koenjihyakkei, Le Silo, Bondage Fruit, Altered States, Happy Family and P.O.N.among others. There are others of course, like Thinking Plague and 5uu's from USA, Rational Diet from Belarus, for example. Very interesting music - though by no means do I like all of the artists in these genres.

There is a conception among some musicians that those who are into this are so only for cirklejerking or pretentious reasons; and I believe that it's true for some individuals and bands, but some of the music really is among the musically best that has been made - not to mention fun to listen to.

Faust was probably the first krautrock band I heard (unless we count the very first Kraftwerk) and I believe this was due to coming across a remix done by Canadian dark ambient artist Dead Voices On Air (he was in Zoviet France, made a lot of good stuff), but I believe it was CAN's Tago Mago that got me hooked.
Haven't really listened to much chanson I'm afraid. Maybe I should. :)
Something tells me that given your musical taste you might appreciate Catherine Ribeiro. Are you familiar with her?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lKJosS_FAY
Progressive folk, yet another interesting phenomenon, but I'll leave it at that for now.
Jul 31, 2016 5:51 PM

Oct 2012
These have probably already all been mentioned here and if so I second them, but here are my fav.

toe
fishmans
boris
boredoms
melt banana
kinoko teikoku
Jul 31, 2016 6:14 PM

Oct 2015
S.S.H ((Saitama Saisyu Heiki)
Jul 31, 2016 9:18 PM

Dec 2007
Other posts have been spoilered but mine was deleted. Puzzling..

More topics from this board

» hardcore/skramz/emo/metalcore/post-hardcore/post-metal/blackened/crust

bloodecho - Feb 14

31 by Mattenan »»
4 hours ago

» Anime songs in your playlist

bevarnow - Mar 11

3 by Theo1899 »»
4 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3384 by NiaAlexandria »»
6 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7584 by NiaAlexandria »»
6 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

11 by Toooooooooohru »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.