Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 26, 2016 6:48 AM

Apr 2016
Aren't they all supposed to be smart and know how to survive this game? They're worse than the class in "Danganronpa 1?" Whatever, I didn't expect for them not to know at all how to overcome the situation.
Jul 26, 2016 6:49 AM

Aug 2012
F*ck this shit, I'll stop trying to guess what's going to happen next..

Also, that Munakata & his edgy boyfriend need to die soon, seriously.
I don't care if they're gonna be revealed with some tragic backstory or hidden good intention whatsoever, I'll refuse to sympathize.

They're just f*cking annoying.
Jul 26, 2016 7:21 AM

Nov 2014
Last episode everyone came up with the idea that Munakata's NG Code was that he was unable to walk through doors. That still holds true this episode from what I recall as when going after Makoto, instead of going through the main opening he slices his way through the glass. I think the one to be most suspicious of, suprisingly, is the school nurse who "died" in episode 1. I mean, they didn't play the tune, we never saw her die, and in the opening it shows her being killed by a box cutter, not a chandelier. That and the fact both series are based around her, and she was around when the first tragic event hit whereas Munakata wasn't.
Jul 26, 2016 7:49 AM
Jul 2015
What a twist? I mean, I was quite sorry for Asahina but she is alive lmao

Jul 26, 2016 8:10 AM

Dec 2015
Chanaynay said:
YugureShadowmore said:

Why? Because I want a good ending to the series?

Asahina dying doesn't automatically translate to a good ending.

But, it adds stakes to the series if a beloved character dies.
Jul 26, 2016 9:06 AM

Feb 2010
slayerizedcarol said:

EarlCiel said:
OH MY GOSHHHHHH. Munakata freaking pisses me off....

/rant finally over lol

i feel your rant in my soul. thank u for this. i'm literally so tired, i am just gonna wait for despair episode and leave it at that.

Gosh, I was in quite a frenzy while writing that out LOL the feels are strong. But honestly, great to know I'm not the only one who feels this way about Munakata. Honestly, whenever he's mentioned or I see his face it irritates me so much. In a way, I feel like he might feel slightly responsible or feel that he has some part in "Mankind's Most Despairingly Maleficent and Monstrous Malefaction" and his invigorating desire to eliminate despair leads him to only one conclusion: literally exterminate it.

When I look at that, sure it works...but only temporarily. It's getting rid of the problem to maintain order instead of actually doing something to solve the problem. I believe that when Naegi wanted to use the program, it was a step forwards in trying to solve the problem which makes far more progress than just killing them.

Then, there's this whole situation where the whole point of this killing game in the Future Foundation is to bring about despair
...and he's participating in it. He, then, argues that Naegi was inducing despair, but honestly...what a hypocrite lol
EarlCielJul 26, 2016 9:12 AM
Jul 26, 2016 9:08 AM

Oct 2012
Xenys said:
Just people in the fanbase is all. Most people thought her NG code would be human contact. When I wrote that I hadn't considered that she might be lying, though, since she didn't show her bracelet.
Oh gotcha, actually human contact does sort of make sense considering she avoided getting petted by Aoi earlier. It could be that either she's actually shy, or she can't touch people for some reason, aka the NG code. in which case both her and Aoi are in a horrible position because we've got a douche named Sakakura in this game who thinks it's trendy and cool to throw chairs and hit people because reasons
She's just such an overly conspicuous and cute character that I don't want her to be suspicious xD I guess it could also be that she was purposely trying to make a big deal out of turning left to trick people.
gust11Jul 26, 2016 9:12 AM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jul 26, 2016 10:26 AM

Jan 2011
I'm finding this to be the only good show of the season.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 26, 2016 12:17 PM

Sep 2009
i feel like this episode didn't really measure up to the last one, but oh well.

i'm also a little bummed that we couldn't find out great gozu's forbidden action. i'm really hoping that they explain what happened with asahina because while it's dramatic from a viewer's perspective it doesn't really make that much sense for that to actually happen in the show.
Jul 26, 2016 12:29 PM

Apr 2016
My taughts for this episode: i'm glad asahina is not dead but my smile quickly turned upside-down when I saw great gozu dead. I liked him alongside bandai and they both died ;_; (rule 1 of danganronpa: never get attached to the characters).We've been trolled by her fake death but I think this has some kind of meaning (probably a warning from the killer who's like "Watch out Naegi, I could kill your friends"). I also like the shy girl in the wheelchair but she is really suspicious. She said she must not turn right but I saw a gif in here of her turning to the right and the fact that she didn't showed her bracelet doesn't help. Can't wait until the next episode for the actual investigation!!
Also lol, Hagakure is still forerver alone outside haha.
Sup
Jul 26, 2016 12:35 PM

Sep 2013
"Can't turn right"

What an inconvenient NG Code

Trollronpa hit us hard this time lol
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
Jul 26, 2016 12:58 PM
Jan 2012
I knew Hina wasn't dead. Thank God! Why did they fake out Hina though? Probably just to f with Makoto.

Munakata is annoying. That Juuzou tool is like the worst Danganronpa character.
Jul 26, 2016 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
Lol what a troll move Kodaka! Either way i doubt Asahina will survive until the end of this game with that forbidden action.
We have a quite interesting cast, especially the drugs Seiko (lizard woman) O.O I dont trust Kizakura one bit.
Anyway cool episode.
Jul 26, 2016 1:42 PM
Mar 2015
KaiserNazrin said:
FragOutFire said:
Nobody wonders how Gozu died and got strung up so high in a locked room murder.

How someone died, the murder weapon, the time of their deaths, none of those things matter!

You think this is dangan ronpa or something?!

"Too bad this isn't a classroom trial."

i hope they would have a little explanation about how they died
Jul 26, 2016 2:28 PM

Dec 2012
I love how Danganronpa tries to make you think about the clues.
Really a great episode. That troll is gold, I was sure she was dead >.<.
Naegi's speech was very good rather than the speech of Munakata which was poor.
Jul 26, 2016 2:35 PM

Dec 2013
Sakaitsu said:
I love how Danganronpa tries to make you think about the clues.
Really a great episode. That troll is gold, I was sure she was dead >.<.
Naegi's speech was very good rather than the speech of Munakata which was poor.

I feel like that was what they were going for.
Makoto's was a great speech but hollow...Munakata's wasn't great but his words were NOT hollow
Jul 26, 2016 4:23 PM

Jun 2013
she's alive! don't fuck with me like that ever again well the poor horse dude is dead
Jul 26, 2016 6:40 PM

Jan 2014
I can' help but feel suspicious around Ryota. He and Tengan are my principal suspects since episode 1. Now I ad the wheelchair girl.

(Not saying that has anything to do with Nagito. Just that the similar pose gives me a bad vibe. Like a Kodaka's thing).
Jul 26, 2016 7:28 PM

Aug 2015
And... people guessed correctly that Asahina was alive. Wow.
They aren't even being subtle that Miaya NG code was a lie.
Jul 26, 2016 8:23 PM

Apr 2016
That bait and switch............

Also, what the fuck was with that drug?
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Jul 26, 2016 8:27 PM

Mar 2011
FerRj said:
I can' help but feel suspicious around Ryota. He and Tengan are my principal suspects since episode 1. Now I ad the wheelchair girl.

(Not saying that has anything to do with Nagito. Just that the similar pose gives me a bad vibe. Like a Kodaka's thing).

Don't forget mitarai being an hope martyr too, very big time.

And easily one of the most suspicious characters, even more so since we know Asahina's FA.
Jul 27, 2016 2:29 AM

Jun 2016
Am the only one that is sad that Great Gozu die I am devasted that he die I really like him but oh well. As long Kirigiri,Naegi,Gekoharra(wheelchair girl) and Usami are alive I will stay They are fun to watch.

I am losing respect over Munakata every episode but I do agree with some of the thinge he say But I find his methods stupid and he is becoming Monokuma unwitting pawn and Juzo I want this bastard death I be happy he die next episode I just want him gone.

I bet Monokuma and Traitor are laughing at how Munakata and Juzo have become thier unwitting pawns them trying to kill naegi and anyone get in their way is exactly what Monokuma wants along with traitor. Can t believe Munakata and Juzo doesn t realise they are falling for Monokuma traps and they are just pawns at this point In my opinions.

Jul 27, 2016 3:19 AM

Sep 2011
That fucking plot-twist at the beginning.

Jul 27, 2016 4:13 AM

Dec 2014
Good job for the writer to give us all a heart attack at the end of episode 2.

The four were in a close room and yet Gozu got killed in a peculiar way. The traitor probably has the information about everyone's whereabout and they've been only killing the "soft" guys up till now.

And I still can't believe those grown up adults are the symbol of hope, they're just a bunch of insane people. Ok, I know that they've went through a lot of despair and tragedy, but really? The Future Foundation is full of psychopaths and they can't even work together in the first place, that's why they became easy preys for Monokuma.
Jul 27, 2016 4:27 AM

May 2015
Kodaka Kazutaka the Ultimate Troll, lol.
Can't believe Asahina's death was all just a prank.
I'm really happy that Asahina is alive, but seriously Danganronpa, wtf man XD
Now I know why they made the blood red lol, it was for the sake of faking Asahina's death using normal red ketchup. Pink ketchup would be weird af.
RIP Great Gozu.
That guy was a real bro, so of course he had to die ;-;
I really hope Juzo and Munakata will die tbh, the both of them seriously piss me off.
Overall, this ep was really awesome.

5/5
Jul 27, 2016 4:58 AM
Jul 2016
If anyone watched Danganronpa AE... when Miaya suggests the idea of communicate with everyone in that place it reminds me of certain white bear who suggests Komaru and Toko going to the Towa tower to communicate with FF. It made me suspect her even more.
Jul 27, 2016 6:44 AM
Apr 2016
Been a while since I have been trolled like this episode trolled me

Jul 27, 2016 6:54 AM

Nov 2008
Xyfy said:
I mean, they didn't play the tune,

We can't really rely on that anymore. They didn't play the tune for Gozu either, but they did play it for Asahina who didn't actually die.
Jul 27, 2016 7:55 AM

Dec 2015
I'm calling it now. Episode 4 is going to begin with the Sleep Timer going off and both Naegi and Munakata going to sleep and then we'll be left with a 4th victim.

As an addition, I don't think this will happen, but Naegi wakes up to find Munakata killed with the same knife that killed Chisa and Gozu.
Jul 27, 2016 10:00 AM

Nov 2014
Loogs said:
Xyfy said:
I mean, they didn't play the tune,

We can't really rely on that anymore. They didn't play the tune for Gozu either, but they did play it for Asahina who didn't actually die.

Well, I still think it's somewhat reliable, as the tune could of been played for Gozu as they were both "killed" in the same period of time, so the tune could of been for Gozu but apply to Asahina.
Jul 27, 2016 7:28 PM

Aug 2015
As always, seems like we all got trolled again. LMFAO :D
Jul 28, 2016 3:16 AM

Jun 2013
So she's not dead yet. Wikipedia and those Danganronpa 3 pages should re-edit her "deceased" status then.

Why does Yoi-chan refuse sweets from his girlfriend? Is she trying to poison/kill him and he knows that her food is deadly? She looks like she would stab that poor motherfucker in the back. Don't trust her, kill her before she kills you.

Makoto is such a stereotypical goody two shoes protagonist. Still can't get over how generic his design is too. I keep forgetting what he looks like. I'm not saying that seeking peace within their smorgasbord of chaos is bad or that wanting to escape from it all and find harmony is wrong but those people stuck in there with you are obviously not interested and unwilling to negotiate. Defend yourself, protect yourself and your friends.
臭い-
Jul 28, 2016 1:23 PM

Oct 2012
I'm so glad I watched the first three episodes in a row. If I had had to suffer for one week thinking that Aoi was dead...
Jul 28, 2016 7:21 PM

Apr 2013
idk, gozu seems sort of shady to me.
he's a little too likable and supportive of naegi right off the bat. maybe i'm just too paranoid, but i feel like any character who comes off immediately as nice is well.. not LOL. junko in dr1 seemed pretty alright in the beginning, then, well, uknow. sayaka seemed to be innocent too, until you find out she wanted to frame naegi. in dr2 komaeda was sunshine and sparkles, until the first trial. then he became everyone's favourite psycho. the first dr2 kill, "togami byakuya" wasn't an antagonist or anything, but he did have something of a twist.
and to be fair, i'm suspicious of chisa too.
also wondering if the ultimate scout was involved in the izuru project.

asahina's fake death is definitely not just a troll, and probably has to do with gozu's death. though the whole "warning to naegi" theory is likely too.
Jul 28, 2016 9:09 PM

Sep 2013
I know this is late but does junko appear in the op? i mean her reflection on the dagger thing.
Jul 28, 2016 9:31 PM

Mar 2012
Oh man, I think literally everyone was trolled by the ending of the last episode. I'm really happy that Asahina is alive now, but sad about Gozu. I knew someone in Naegi's group was going to die, but I guess it makes sense that it was someone who was really trying to help. ((Or maybe Gozu's forbidden action is that he can't see anyone hurt Naegi?? I gueess we will never know.))

The Boxer dude has a really bad attitude, but I can see him sticking around the whole series so he can play the role of antagonist (along with the Student Council President guy)...

I don't even know what's wrong with the Pharmacist, but she's clearly unhinged. She used some weird drugs that she probably made to turn herself into a monster so that she could go after the Confectioner and Blacksmith ((who are my OTP for this season.)) I really want to know more about their backstories, so I hope that's revealed in the next episode.

Also I think possibly the super old guy has something to do with the murders. He's acting really suspicious. Guess we will see what happens next week!
Jul 29, 2016 2:57 AM

Nov 2012
lmao poor hagakure, everyone forgot about him. (i kind of did too)
and munakata sure is annoying ugh. what is his problem?
at least aoi is alive i guess, that sure was a plot twist though.
Jul 29, 2016 10:33 AM

Jul 2014
Yask said:
Hobgoblin2099 said:
It's not blood. It's Ragu.

What's Ragu? Wasn't that some kind of Italian pasta meat sauce?

Yeah, I was making a joke about Aoi being covered in tomato sauce. :P
Jul 29, 2016 12:38 PM
May 2016
Hobgoblin2099 said:
Yask said:

What's Ragu? Wasn't that some kind of Italian pasta meat sauce?

Yeah, I was making a joke about Aoi being covered in tomato sauce. :P

OMG HAHAHA XDXDXDXD ... (I laughed harder then I should've ;-))
Jul 29, 2016 10:07 PM
Dec 2015
Am I the only one who hoped it was Asahina who died instead of Gozu. He had an amazing character, who is 10x better than Asahina without a doubt. Hope that Juzo punches her and kills her.
Miaya is a liar because she turned right before, therefore broke her NG code here's proof
https://i.imgur.com/vUMa3FQ.gif
But I don't think she is the traitor, I think the traitor is Asahina (just a hunch).
Jul 30, 2016 4:07 AM

May 2013
IshimaruKiyotaka said:
Am I the only one who hoped it was Asahina who died instead of Gozu. He had an amazing character, who is 10x better than Asahina without a doubt. Hope that Juzo punches her and kills her.
Miaya is a liar because she turned right before, therefore broke her NG code here's proof
But I don't think she is the traitor, I think the traitor is Asahina (just a hunch).

Asahina being the traitor wouldn't make sense at all. Making her the traitor would be bad writing. There are a lot of evidences that point out that Tengan and Miaya are the most suspicious. Kizakura's had a hunch therefore it is highly likely that she is the key to end the game or the traitor. It's highly likely that it's the first one if you played Danganronpa 2.
DarkwindJRJul 30, 2016 4:16 AM
Jul 30, 2016 4:17 AM

Mar 2011
sutori said:
he's a little too likable and supportive of naegi right off the bat. maybe i'm just too paranoid, but i feel like any character who comes off immediately as nice is well.. not LOL. junko in dr1 seemed pretty alright in the beginning, then, well, uknow. sayaka seemed to be innocent too, until you find out she wanted to frame naegi. in dr2 komaeda was sunshine and sparkles, until the first trial. then he became everyone's favourite psycho. the first dr2 kill, "togami byakuya" wasn't an antagonist or anything, but he did have something of a twist.

asahina's fake death is definitely not just a troll, and probably has to do with gozu's death. though the whole "warning to naegi" theory is likely too.
It goes both ways though. Twogami was quite a nice person, and still.

DarkwindJR said:
IshimaruKiyotaka said:

Asahina being the traitor wouldn't make sense at all. Making her the traitor would be bad writing. There are a lot of evidences that point out that Tengan and Miaya are the most suspicious. Kizakura's had a hunch therefore it is highly likely that she is the key to end the game or the traitor. It's highly likely that it's the first one if you played Danganronpa 2.
DarkwindJR said:
IshimaruKiyotaka said:

That assumes Kizakura is reliable (not in a "skilled" way, in a "doesn't have a reason to lie" way). Also in my opinion this episode raised quite a lot of flags for Mitarai, too.
Jul 30, 2016 4:42 AM
Jan 2015
IshimaruKiyotaka said:

Did you play the game? How can a character we only saw briefly be 10 times better than a character we all know much better?

I guess he was really charming or something. ;)

Hmm about that gif, she does seem to turn right there, either she's lying or she has to turn a whole 90 degrees or it's an animation mistake.
CyberPunchJul 30, 2016 4:59 AM
Jul 30, 2016 4:56 AM

May 2013
willardhwright said:
sutori said:

DarkwindJR said:

DarkwindJR said:

That assumes Kizakura is reliable (not in a "skilled" way, in a "doesn't have a reason to lie" way). Also in my opinion this episode raised quite a lot of flags for Mitarai, too.

Even if he was lying and he is the traitor he wouldn't have pointed Miaya out of pure lottery. Miaya is controlling Usami which pretty much is a clue. It's true Mitarai and Tengan has surpassed my suspicions for Miaya. When Munakata said Tengan feels like he's different and then Kirigiri suspecting him as well. It's also obvious that they are not in the same building and they're in a sim.
Jul 30, 2016 5:13 AM

Mar 2011
DarkwindJR said:
willardhwright said:

Even if he was lying and he is the traitor he wouldn't have pointed Miaya out of pure lottery. Miaya is controlling Usami which pretty much is a clue. It's true Mitarai and Tengan has surpassed my suspicions for Miaya. When Munakata said Tengan feels like he's different and then Kirigiri suspecting him as well. It's also obvious that they are not in the same building and they're in a sim.

Could be because she's the one who designed the security network. My guess is that he knows things that we don't right now; it doesn't mean that she /is/ the culprit (it would also be strange, even with his "hunch", for him to be a better detective than Kiri). I think he /is/ reliable in that that she is certainly connected to the whole thing somehow, but saing that she is the traitor or not is a bit fast. He probably knows that she did some questionnable things; which wouldn't surprise me because FF is far from united and there is certainly a lot of things "under the table".

Tengan has a few suspicious points yeah; even on a meta-level, despite it not being aimed at the murder mystery at all, Ando was talking about "having to cut the rotten parts or the whole tree will fall apart". Tengan obviously showed in Zetsubou-hen that he didn't think Izuru is a good idea but still went with it because he lacked the courage to go against it; it's quite possible that he still feels guilt for this and might go "out of his way" to clean FF from inner strugles. Add to that Munakata, who is pretty much the boss of FF despite not being supposed to be it. The killer being a whole lot too nice to Naegi and his friends doesn't help matters since he's pretty much an ally of him. Ironically he's a lot more suspicious than the radicals when you take into account the killer's MO and the victims he choose.

Although honestly to me the worst one is Mitarai, for pretty much the same reasons. Also, the guy is too insecure to TALK, but when Aoi was attacked he defended her (despite not acting when it was Naegi that was attacked earier; someone all into "hope" as him according to his character profile wouldn't like anyone being attacked, neither Aoi neither Naegi. with the reveal of Aoi's FA, this is just strange. And of course there's his behaviour when talking about Kiri that just reeks of someone ok with acheiving "hope" but not being innocent (or as Kiri might say, "stupid") enough like Naegi.

As for the building that's what I though too. The main problem is that Hagakure, being outside and safe as this ep shows, would have seen them even if they were moved via an helicopter; there is quite a lot of people to move after all. It's still possible and the wall thing is strange, but Hagakure not seeing anything is weird.

to me a lot of things in this "season" really points out to a "well-intentionned" (or well at leat someone who THINK he is) killer. Monokuma is probaly another matter entirely but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Mitarai or Tengan specifically because of this. Even Gozu being killed was a blessing in disguise for Naegi.
Jul 31, 2016 12:05 AM
Dec 2015
DarkwindJR said:
willardhwright said:

Yes, I did play the games. Asahina was bland for me, she was just happy, I must be that one odd person who doesn't like her, I don't understand why people like her though, although I'm not one to talk because for some reason I like Juzo. The reason I liked Gozu though is probably he reminded me a lot of Sakura who I did like.
Jul 31, 2016 12:23 AM
Dec 2015
DarkwindJR said:
IshimaruKiyotaka said:

I have played the game, Asahina being the traitor doesn't make sense but it's a hunch. I think there is two traitors to be honest, I personally don't want Miaya to be Monaca or Chiaki in disguise.
Aug 1, 2016 12:53 AM

Aug 2015
I'm happy that Asahina is alive and well, but I feel like she's gonna die for real because of her forbidden action, and the fact that Juzo is the ultimate boxer and probably won't know her action :V

Also Munokata's speech at the end...
Aug 1, 2016 12:14 PM

Oct 2015
and why exactly don't they pay attention to the fact that asahina's death was faked?
oh no it's just tomato sauce so it doesn't matter, why would the murderer fake her death anyway?

why is the crystal ball guy not involved in this "game" but still under attack? oh man they're shooting at me, it would surely be clever to jump over the edge and still worry about Naegi Asahina and Kirigiri while I could die any moment.

Naegi be thinking; "I'm not the traitor, so I might as well let the traitor know my forbidden action so it's easier for him/her to kill me."

am I missing something? what where the green haired and fluffy girl fighting about?

and just what is the white haired guy thinking? "oh Naegi can save the world, so I shall kill him!" there's no logic in that at all.

oh well.. I'm 100% sure Naegi is not dead, regarding what happened last episode >.>
Aug 1, 2016 11:26 PM

Jun 2016
IM SO GLAD ASAHINA IS SAFE! Ahh i was so upset last episode when she was 'killed'. Still don't really trust the shy girl, besides, isn't her forbidden action kinda stupid? All she has to do is get off the chair?
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2016

473 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

236 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 2, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

285 by Nanashi »»
Dec 17, 2023 7:37 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

499 by Nanashi »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2016

234 by gaymerkid »»
Oct 8, 2023 12:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.