Forum Settings
Forums

Sisters ~Natsu no Saigo no Hi~ not in database

New
Jul 20, 2016 9:38 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Wanted to know if it was possible to add the 8 episode hentai OVA to the database

Sisters ~Natsu no Saigo no Hi~ (Sisters: Last Day of Summer)
Jul 21, 2016 9:11 PM

Jan 2011
It's not a hentai OVA. What you saw are the animated cut-scenes from the visual novel's Ultra Edition release. Just like with anime-esque games, database entries are not granted for in-game cut-scenes.
Jul 21, 2016 9:25 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
lanblade said:
It's not a hentai OVA. What you saw are the animated cut-scenes from the visual novel's Ultra Edition release. Just like with anime-esque games, database entries are not granted for in-game cut-scenes.
Yes, I know that was what it was originally, but it was packaged and sold that way as an actual release once due to its popularity.
Jul 21, 2016 9:34 PM

Jan 2011
elkensteyin said:
lanblade said:
Yes, I know that was what it was originally, but it was packaged and sold that way as an actual release once due to its popularity.

The Ultra Edition is still a game. DVD games are not as common as they were in the 00's but they are still games as much as a game on a PC or hand held device. Games don't qualify.
Jul 22, 2016 12:07 AM

Oct 2014
elkensteyin said:
lanblade said:
MAL goes by how it was either originally released or originally intended to be released, whichever is more relevant. Anime like Red Data Girl and Re:Life finished airing online before they finished (or started) airing on TV, but they are still labeled as type TV rather than type ONA since the online airing was meant as a secondary thing. Momokuri was released online first and later they decided to also air it on TV, but it stays as type ONA. Since the cutscenes were intended to just be made for the video game and were only released afterwards due to popular demand they cannot count as an anime. In fact, even if the cutscenes were shown online before the release of the game as a sort of "teaser" they still wouldn't count since they were still made for the game.
Apr 23, 2021 12:53 AM

Jan 2020
From what I can see, it's obviously from a visual novel so it isn't, unfortunately, an official animation. For it to be made officially as a separate animation, it has to be animated by a studio and branded as an animation. Simply taking from a game's cutscene isn't the same as animating it.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Modification Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - May 15, 2016

8686 by Psychomorphosis »»
7 hours ago

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

681 by SurgingSoulZX »»
Yesterday, 7:33 AM

» My Daemon ( 1 2 )

marcolacson - Nov 26, 2023

50 by veduHMY »»
Apr 23, 3:36 PM

» will the Scott Pilgrim anime be added to the database? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GanjiTheDude - Mar 30, 2023

756 by YoshiYogurt »»
Apr 20, 1:12 PM

» Could we stop having Justin Cook at the start of every anime entry's staff list?

El-Melloi - Jul 29, 2023

10 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 20, 11:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.