Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2016 4:39 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Sweet, everyone is on the same page this chapter including Ryou. I think Erina taught them everything she can and as every student needs to pass six tests, it may involve a bit of tricky thinking to pass them all.

Hokkaido is a big place ;o
Jun 30, 2016 7:06 AM

Jan 2012
Lousy buncha cheaters intentionally giving them inferior ingredients, but they underestimate Team Soma! Not Erina though, she knows she taught them well! Such a wise and sexy queen! XD Speaking of, holy fuck was Alice hot on that last page! My goodness! XD
Jun 30, 2016 8:29 AM

Jul 2015
very nice chapter. typical shokugeki no soma chapter. cant wait to see what they will do
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Jun 30, 2016 8:36 AM

Oct 2014

Nakiri sisters sure know how to pleaseteach ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Megumi you're falling behind, step up your game.

-- will update when better scans are there.
IizyJul 1, 2016 2:07 AM
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jun 30, 2016 9:41 AM
Nov 2015
Lmao
That was absolutely too much.
They put salmon in recette even its cold (temp in Hokkaido is sometimes -20 to -40) and winter.
Salmon is only raised and hatching in spring.
OK just believe to them
Jun 30, 2016 11:08 AM

Dec 2011
Great chapter and such a badass team is form. Next chapter will be great :)
Jun 30, 2016 12:19 PM

Sep 2014
I always get hyped as fuck when Kurokiba about to go ham. But, I wanna know... where the hell is Hayama?! I haven't seen him in a long ass time. He must not be at the school.
Jun 30, 2016 12:43 PM

Jun 2014
okay chapter
sure they really wasted 5 people just for one dish?meh
but let's see what gonna happen next chapter
Jun 30, 2016 1:43 PM
Jun 2015
Holy shit yes!!! The rebellion has begun and Souma's team is about to kick ass. :)

I can't wait to read next week's chapter.
"I'm warning you. You so much as bruise what you hold in your hand and I will show you pain. The hue of your soul will cease to matter, because you will not be judged when you die, you will no longer exist."
Jun 30, 2016 3:17 PM

Mar 2014
I love it when Souma and co. are going to make those smug faces to shut their mouth.

They must be idiots to believe that putting Souma, Kurokiba and Alice (and Tadokoro) in a team was a good idea.
Jun 30, 2016 3:26 PM

Dec 2013
Dem poses at the look great. Time for them to show who's boss.
Jun 30, 2016 3:33 PM
Jul 2018
Dem poses at the end tho. Alice so sexy~ <3

Team Soma's at it again. Can't wait to see how will they turn things out.
Jun 30, 2016 3:54 PM

Dec 2012
This first round is going to be interesting. Souma's got an awesome squad. Megumi, Yoshino, Alice & Kurokiba. Great to see those two again.
Alice in that Teachers outfit along with Erina during that lecture would have been something.
That examiner giving them bad Salmon. She is messing with the wrong people.
Love that last panel. Souma, Alice & Kurokiba preparing to show off.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 30, 2016 5:10 PM
Apr 2014
Oh look it's a team of Soma, Kurokiba, Alice and 2 other scrubs.
The Azami drama chapters were quite beneficial to the overall story, it's good to see the MCs work under pressure and being treated unfairly.
Pretty good chapter, let's see what they come up with against Elite ten tier cooking of high quality salmon with their bad looking salmon.
It's a bit weird that the top 5 Elite ten seats (the 3rd years) will also be graduating from Totsuki along with the first years, they seemed like an essential part of Azami's administration and antagonists of the story.
Drake1000Jun 30, 2016 5:15 PM
Jun 30, 2016 5:49 PM

Aug 2013
I kinda want to see the last page with them posing like that redrawn in the JJBA style.

Drake1000 said:
Oh look it's a team of Soma, Kurokiba, Alice and 2 other scrubs.

What about Megumi? She did make it to the top 8 of the Autumn Election.
Jun 30, 2016 5:57 PM
Jul 2018
I understand that Erina is going to be taking much more focus as of the current and upcoming arcs but does that mean Megumi really has to regress into the overly dependent person she was? She was able to defeat central in the purge and become part of the top 8 in the autumn election, yet now when she is paired with 4 other amazing cooks it seems like she can't do anything herself despite the only setback being shitty ingredients. She has been in other far worse scenarios then this even prior to her major development and managed to scrape by and yet now it seems like she is utterly clueless. Or maybe it seems that way because hasn't had any meaningful dialogue recently. *sigh*

Am I the only one who's extremely disappointed with this?
Jun 30, 2016 6:29 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Teacher mode definitely would suit Alice, lol. Ending was hype though!

5/5
Jun 30, 2016 8:17 PM

Feb 2016
as always,Central will gonna get rekt (again) and i'm gonna L O L
Jun 30, 2016 9:44 PM

Feb 2015
Hype. Megumi and the other girl is pretty much useless at this point. I hope they'll have a better role than "this is impossible, we'll be expelled" & "souma save us!"
Jun 30, 2016 10:20 PM
Jul 2018
That Alice sexy pose though, two times. <3

Anyway typical sns chapter, let's see what the team does.
Jun 30, 2016 10:38 PM

Sep 2012
Great scene on the last page. Alice, Kurokiba and Souma working together will be amazing.
Jun 30, 2016 11:10 PM

Jan 2015
Last 8 or so chapters have been really on point. Can't wait to see how team Souma is going to pass this stage. Also Alice was adorable this week.

On thing I do hope for is that some characters do drop out since regardless if it's Azami leading or not the success rate for this school was extremely low.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 30, 2016 11:40 PM
May 2015
ynat11 said:
I understand that Erina is going to be taking much more focus as of the current and upcoming arcs but does that mean Megumi really has to regress into the overly dependent person she was? She was able to defeat central in the purge and become part of the top 8 in the autumn election, yet now when she is paired with 4 other amazing cooks it seems like she can't do anything herself despite the only setback being shitty ingredients. She has been in other far worse scenarios then this even prior to her major development and managed to scrape by and yet now it seems like she is utterly clueless. Or maybe it seems that way because hasn't had any meaningful dialogue recently. *sigh*

Megumi is a decent cook already. She just kinda pales in comparison when mixed with Soma, Alice, and Ryo. It's like Franky tagging along with the monster trio. And the only reason she became a top 8, is because she's the second main heroine of the story. If you look at her score, it's the same with Ibuki and the glasses dude. She needed to be at the top 8 for character development. The fact that she didn't hit the 90's means she's not really there yet in Soma, Alice, Ryo, Aldini, etc.'s tier yet.
Jul 1, 2016 3:13 AM

Mar 2016
That was a great chapter. I loved it. These last few chapters have been really good.

Erina sure thought them well. That teacher is annoying the hell out of me. Don't even get me started on that grin. Ugh. Swear to god, those characters make me mad. Giving the team the crappiest of ingredients. Really cheap move. They underestimate the team. Interesting to see what Yukihira iis gonna bring up.
Next week is gonna be really exciting :D

Alice in that final panel. Holy hell I'm in love <3

Jul 1, 2016 3:35 AM

Jun 2014
Man, this chapter has me really excited for the future. Alice, Souma, and Kurokiba there at the last panel look really cool. Can't wait to see how they'll work together and what dish they'll cook.

Jul 1, 2016 4:25 AM

Dec 2014
Datpose of Alice. :3
Jul 1, 2016 6:21 AM

Apr 2011
Did these guys not do research or something? What's the point of giving inferior ingredients to a team that has the guy who beat the meat master using A-5 beef with store bought discount beef?

As far as Alice goes, it's the face that does more for me. This one:
Jul 1, 2016 9:24 AM

Jul 2013
All these smug-faced slaves underestimating them hnnnng. The outcome of this is going to be delicious.
Jul 1, 2016 1:03 PM
Saber Devotee

Jun 2015
That last page tho. Rek them!

Alice still best girl <3

Jul 1, 2016 3:28 PM

Dec 2014
I like how they put the most stacked team together when they're trying to get them to expelled
Jul 1, 2016 6:46 PM

Mar 2016
The Dream Team.
I think Hayama is in jail or something like that.

Also I feel like Yuki will maybe expelled, she's too emotional.
Jul 2, 2016 12:24 AM

Oct 2015
Galaxy__ said:
very nice chapter. typical shokugeki no soma chapter. cant wait to see what they will do

The team pairings was good. Things are finally under way. Can't wait to see how they recover.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Jul 2, 2016 12:28 AM

Nov 2011
Of course, they need a handicap otherwise it will be too easy.

Jul 2, 2016 12:43 AM
Jan 2012
Stop seducing me, Alice-chan. *dokidoki*
Jul 2, 2016 1:36 AM

Aug 2013
Alice.... oh the drools... that deadly gaze oh gosh.
There's no need for so much exaggeration Yuki.. just leave everything to that godly trio.
The moment I see that team.. well we already know how things are gonna turn out.
Just grab them Nakiri's and let them taste your food Souma. xD
Jul 2, 2016 4:16 AM

Aug 2013
They're so badass, I can't wait what they're going to cook as a team!
Jul 2, 2016 3:16 PM
Jul 2018
HamBaconEgg said:

Megumi is a decent cook already. She just kinda pales in comparison when mixed with Soma, Alice, and Ryo. It's like Franky tagging along with the monster trio. And the only reason she became a top 8, is because she's the second main heroine of the story. If you look at her score, it's the same with Ibuki and the glasses dude. She needed to be at the top 8 for character development. The fact that she didn't hit the 90's means she's not really there yet in Soma, Alice, Ryo, Aldini, etc.'s tier yet.

I suppose your right, but I still find it kinda lame that she's not taking on any relevance in the current predicament as far as we can see (things could change next chapter obviously) which makes me feel like this could still be considered a regression in terms of character development.
Jul 2, 2016 10:26 PM

Jun 2015
Boiii their poses at the end was enough to bring so much hype! Can't wait for the next chapter. You know they're gonna rek this test.
Jul 3, 2016 5:11 AM

Aug 2015
They'll just finish their plate in the nick of time, and just this test will take about 3 chapters at max. So I hope between them we'll have a view of the other groups with rebels and their ingredients they were given. And of course the results of their cooking afterwards.

Anyway, it was a good chapter, we also saw that Erina do "cheer" them on, and that she doesn't let the teacher think as if Central already eliminated them.
"Slowly but surely."-Me

Hey Pals Let's Be Unique!
Jul 4, 2016 8:43 AM

Mar 2015
Central did assemble all rebellious team in one group because Azami already knows they were going to be expelled. Thats why they didnt put random students on rebellious team.

All those handicap!!! This is going to be bad ass when they passed using bad ingredients XD
Now the dream team is formed!!
I wanna know how are they going to overcome this!!

4.6/5
Jul 6, 2016 4:15 PM

Sep 2014
Interesting how many chapters will this promotion cover.. And even more interesting how things will turn out if they pass all challenges in some way.. :) I'm feeling it will be Amazi himself who will challenge Souma or someone else to a Shokugeki. Would be interesting..
Jul 7, 2016 1:03 AM

Jun 2011
HamBaconEgg said:
ynat11 said:

rayeine said:
Hype. Megumi and the other girl is pretty much useless at this point. I hope they'll have a better role than "this is impossible, we'll be expelled" & "souma save us!"

While Megumi's cooking does pale in comparison towards those monsters, I feel that she still has a lot of growing to do.

Remember that manga page where it featured the former headmaster's fundoshi almost becoming undone? That was right after Megumi's battle with Kurokiba. I find that part very important because it shows that Megumi hasn't shown us her full potential, and while the headmaster's fundoshi didn't come fully undone, it showed us that Megumi still has some maturing to go through.

I wouldn't count Megumi and her friend useless as of yet, I think their going to add a little something to this crazy concoction that will blow the judges away.
Rayn3698Jul 7, 2016 1:07 AM
Oct 21, 2016 5:09 AM

Sep 2014
Can't wait to see the faces of those corrupt fuckers when they get to eat their food.
Teacher Alice yes please, also her pose at the end damn <3
May 20, 2017 3:54 AM

Jan 2014
fuck, those cheater bastard playing obvious cards..
someone please stepped in and give those a hit in the face

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 315 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Arjuna777 - Jun 12, 2019

134 by addictedtoliving »»
Aug 5, 2023 5:38 AM

» COMPLETED Compilation of All Recipes!

kayune_ - Aug 1, 2022

4 by reedread »»
Feb 13, 2023 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 283 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

24 by uglycat »»
Oct 23, 2022 10:42 AM

Poll: » Our Love Counseling Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2014

18 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2022 6:16 AM

Poll: » Best Girl of Shokugeki no Souma ( 1 2 3 4 )

Subbed - Apr 8, 2014

158 by Saia_er »»
Aug 16, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.