Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2008 12:07 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty good last episode. Hopefully, there's going to be a second season, in the near future.
Overall, I pretty much enjoyed this anime. Gets a nice 8/10.
Mar 10, 2008 7:25 PM
Aug 2007
Can it be season two time now? D:
Mar 11, 2008 5:32 PM
Aug 2007
Definitely looks towards a next season, especially since for all we know the main characters, including the evil kid, may still be alive. So hopefully that will be soon...

I too liked this anime rather well though, especially due to the mix of humor, action, and specifically on that last point vamipiric battles!
Oct 1, 2008 11:00 PM

Aug 2008
If have another season the end was reasonable. But if it not have the end was well bad. :p
Nov 25, 2008 5:02 PM
Apr 2008
Hopefully they have another season. I gave BBB a nice 8/10.
Nov 25, 2008 5:19 PM

Nov 2008
It was quite a nice (and short) show, with lot of vampiric action and a building up romance between Jirou and Mimiko.. 'Have to admit, there're still many questions left and the possibility to continue the story also exists, but I think it's hardly probable they would produce another one..

Dec 27, 2008 6:10 AM

Jan 2008
This was an awesome series! I liked the ending. But it was a little too quick.
Dec 28, 2008 10:38 PM

Feb 2008
great series, needs a second season 9/10
Jan 3, 2009 11:22 PM

May 2008
I loved this series. I hope there will be a second season. If not, it would be a shame but I think that the ending was pretty ok too. :)
Meet my dragons ^^:
(Click to view. :))
Jan 5, 2009 4:45 PM

Jan 2008
^What would the second season be about?

I mean sure that would be cool, but what would happen?
Jan 12, 2009 3:24 PM

Nov 2008
There would surely use, for example, the whole storyline about hongkong being the tomb of this "black blood/kowloon king" - then some stuff about guarding it, his ressurection, the great battle at the end of the series.. it would very likely fill another 12eps

Mar 9, 2009 9:02 PM
Aug 2008
Demon said:
^What would the second season be about?

I mean sure that would be cool, but what would happen?

Gee I dont know. I guess maybe more about kowloon children, kowloon king, jirou's past, jirou's and mimiko's romace, also, cassa and her siblings, the eleventh yard. and most inportantly, wats goin to happen with kotarou and Eve(forgot her first name). They even left miles of room for the possiblities of introduced knew aspects of the show. Like maybe vampire hunters - highly unlikely, jus saying. ............................................................... Yep, they sure didnt leave anything out ~ Please note that the entire paragraph is sarcastic
Mar 9, 2009 9:07 PM
Aug 2008
Oh this suks, jus googled BBB. Since it ended over 2 years ago dont think a second season is coming. MAN!
May 18, 2009 9:38 PM

Apr 2009
Yamanashi_Ken said:
Oh this suks, jus googled BBB. Since it ended over 2 years ago dont think a second season is coming. MAN!

Maybe it will have Big O Syndrome? Could always hope.
May 19, 2009 1:26 AM
Jul 2008
another season please...
"To see with eyes unclouded by hate"

-Prince Ashitaka, "Princess Mononoke"
Jun 8, 2009 5:53 PM

Mar 2009
Nice way to end the series, though I hope that there's a 2nd season. It's kind of leaning in that direction.
<i>When all else is lost, the future still remains</i>
Jun 29, 2009 9:47 AM

Nov 2007
ummm that wasn't an ending O-o nothing was really resolved! Oh well...

Aug 10, 2009 4:48 PM

Jul 2009
Nice ending
Loved this anime!!! Plot, characters, graphic, humour, action... Loved it all xD
Main flaw: too short!
Too bad there isn't second season... I hope they will do it in the future. I can even wait another few years!

My master pieces xP : http://qiubi.deviantart.com/

Sep 2, 2009 4:07 PM

Oct 2008
the_seventh_l said:

I know they left so many questions un-answered!
I wanna see more Cassa! D:
Gets a 8/10 because it had almost Zelmanness towards the end. XDD
Jan 15, 2010 2:24 AM

Jun 2009
Am I the only one who thought that the ending sucked? It ends right after about 5 different major revelations are made that raise way more new questions than they answer. Even if they were planning on making a season 2 I cant imagine how they'd resolve them all. It's not even as if the ending were the only part that felt incomplete. They skipped around between different plotlines and characters and in most cases never finishing them. The only one with a significant backstory, Jirou, was so underdeveloped that by the end I really didn't care that he was going to die. I'm convinced that the one in charge of writing this must have been a 10-year-old ADHD crack addict.

I looked it up and apparently this was based on some Japanese light novels so that might explain some of the incompleteness. Still, if you've ever seen an actual light novel then you know that they're about 100 pages, large-type in a pocketsized book. So unless there were about 40 of them then a crappy adaptation was not this serie's only problem.
DrHouseJan 15, 2010 9:49 PM
Mar 29, 2010 3:36 PM

Nov 2009
WOW WOW WOW X wubzy XD who would have EVER guessed that Kataro was her!!! (NOT expected >.<) man i thought Jiro was dead!!! but then i find out hes gonna be later =( poor Jiro!!! lol wow this was SO epic!!! eep the kings ashes r there... hehe no wonder... well by the way it looks it seems theres gonna be a second season of Black Blood Brothers... well i really hope there is!!! it left off with Casa still alive so theres gotta be X3 oh ya speakin of Casa... did her brothers die???... THATS GOTTA SUCK!!! WOW =P
Aug 30, 2010 1:11 PM

Jul 2010
This was the best anime i've ever seen.
Jirou is my favourite character in this anime.
Will there be a 2nd season?
Oct 28, 2010 3:48 AM

Feb 2009
Overall good series. Last episode felt a little rushed and dragged the series down, a second series would make up for it ;).

Fantastic characters though, gave it a 9/10 based on the fact that I will miss the characters, but it's a weak 9.
Dec 27, 2010 10:01 AM

Aug 2009
I was going to give this quite a low score, but because I just LOVED Koutarou and Alice so much, I rank rthis a very respectable 7 =]
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Mar 9, 2011 11:12 PM

Oct 2008
Good series. :)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 14, 2011 6:06 AM

May 2011
I loved the ending, but since it seems like there won't be any continuation of the series it makes me hate it. It was a good ending were they able to continue into another season, it's an awful series ending.

As we'll never get to know the answers to all the questions that were raised in the finale. We still don't even know what the betrayal was, unless I missed it. -sigh- So many questions.
May 10, 2012 12:58 PM

Apr 2012
Why the f#ck end it at twelve!? Can there be more seasons after that!? But this came to be a promo to the light novel....F#CK!
Dec 11, 2012 9:49 AM
Jun 2012
12 episodes is too short. maybe 24 episodes would be good.
Apr 14, 2013 9:03 AM
Aug 2012
this is a great series its so unfortunate it isnt continued i would have liked to see jirou go all out or see a fight against the king of kowloon its also nice to see a vampire series where there not helpless against humans. there was some great humour and animation in this series the story is gd has alot off roots and really could have been a long and great show. i believe the reason the show isnt rated higher is purely because people dont like to start watching anime that are not finished and most likely not be finished. when mimiko quoted alice was that coincidence or something else. jiro believes that he will die when kotarou awakens though how could he know that and even alice wouldnt have known that seeing as he is the only person to ever receive her blood so i dont think jiro would die why wld she need to consume him completly surely some of his blood is his if anything it may leave him jst human
Apr 16, 2013 8:45 PM

Mar 2013
I think the note should have been for her and she was the bear owners grand-daughter and that was the same bear from the begining
"Stop whining, all I did was chop off your stupid legs."
May 23, 2013 2:45 PM

Mar 2013
I'm usually bothered by this kind of ending, but for some reason I'm not now. I think I'm just relieved that Jiro didn't die, having heard that he did.

Well... this anime was pretty good. It could, perhaps should, have been twice as long, but... what there was was good. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't quite as fantastic as I was expecting.

Needed more biting.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Feb 12, 2014 11:42 AM
Jan 2013
now i got questiong because i can not read the light novel series. well he says he will gvie his blood back to her right. but he said most likely he will be totally consumed. well here is my what if. what if she does not totally consume him he will live right. but can someone please tell me the ending in the light novel series please like i said i cant read them because they are not english please help me out
Sep 9, 2014 4:35 PM
Jun 2013
boy she was quick to strip lol. ummm kotaro being the reincarnation of alice jiros former lover is a bit weird. Also does that mean when he gives all the blood back he will turn back to a she?

It was a pretty entertaining anime to bad it left a whole bunch of things open. I still found it weird how fast mimi got attached to jiro and kotaro. This must of been her first case ever. Why didint they just ask jiro to stay also whats so special about mimi?
Dec 20, 2014 6:31 PM

Nov 2009
Good show, Nothing special but it did entertain me for the most part and the characters were what stood out for me as I like the majority of them especially Zelman as his powers were very cool to watch.
Nov 21, 2015 7:43 AM

Aug 2013
I guess we're not getting a second season =(

8/10
May 9, 2016 10:18 AM

Jul 2012
Good show. Hopefully the novels will get a US release at some point in the future.
Oct 29, 2016 5:21 AM

Jan 2012
The plot is well thought out , kinda an underrated anime
Good watch 7/10

Nov 15, 2016 4:01 AM

Jun 2011
I want Jirou to suck Mimiko's blood more. :P

Really enjoyed the anime, it was so nice, and there's an immense potential with the world the author have built. It's a shame that it only got one cour. The action was really cool, ZelMAN is the MAN, he's so badass, and Kein too, the one-sided ownage he gave Chao was so epic. Sei is also freakin awesome, I have no idea what his power is but man he's strong. Would've loved to see him actually engage in a combat.

The OST and ED are great, I didn't skip the ED even once, it was nice ending each and every episode with that ED. The OP is decent too.

I doubt this anime will be getting a second season a decade later, considering it wasn't really that popular I think. I hope the manga was scanlated, or else it's gonna be a shame to miss out on this series.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 4, 2018 2:53 PM

Oct 2015
Still no season 2 even though its 2018. That was a good episode, especially the duel between Cassa and Jiro( it was intense) but it was a shame she got away. This season left us with cliffhangers that are as huge as a bullk*k. Number one what happened in hong Kong and what did Jiro meant when he said Cassa betrayed them? The beginning snippets of back stories were vague and all over the place, I couldn't understand shit.
Jiro just dumped one on us, telling Mimi he is going to be swallowed by Katori and also he is going to fight this so called Kowloon King that Cassa and co were trying to recover. That was just a big pile of unfinished crap that needs a huge season, for such a potential anime.

But I loved it only in the end, but overall it wasn't that great.

7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 24, 2019 8:48 PM

Mar 2018
I've just finished this anime and I'm pretty conflicted. As a whole, it's quite frustrating because there is no actual satisfactory ending. It works perfectly as a decent first season of multi-season show, but not as a stand-alone show in itself. I really loved all the characters and I got quite invested in the concept and story, but eventually nothing happened. I wish we'd get a second season or a reboot at some point. I can't be too hopeful 'cause it has been ages since it came out, but never say never.
Dec 7, 2019 4:12 PM
Nov 2014
Am I the only one who thinks that it is pretty weird that Alive was Jiro's love interest and now her reincarnation- Kotaro is his brother? It's just...I don't know, I really like their brotherly relationship but still, it seems that Jiro often thinks about Alice when looking at Kotaro so...
Dec 17, 2020 8:40 PM
Oct 2019
Straight up loved this series. Wish there was a season 2 and we had some finality, though. I could even see this as a 2-part live action movie series, like Blade or something.

Not entirely sure whose side Zelman was on during that final battle though.

8/10
Jun 20, 2023 12:47 PM

May 2009
Kayro said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty good last episode. Hopefully, there's going to be a second season, in the near future.
Overall, I pretty much enjoyed this anime. Gets a nice 8/10.

Hahahaha new series.. Hahaha.. Eoooo

.[We Are The Ocean]. - "Nothing Good Has Happened Yet"
Jun 20, 2023 12:48 PM

May 2009
the_seventh_l said:

Ahhhaaah you're funny

.[We Are The Ocean]. - "Nothing Good Has Happened Yet"
Aug 22, 2023 9:17 PM

Dec 2022
Was going to give this a lower rating, but the surprisingly great last episode made me change it. An okay anime with unique characters and a reasonably cohesive plot. It does overextend itself somewhat and wastes time hinting at backstories and past connections without ever bothering to give them enough context to make the viewer care, as if it forgot it was only twelve episodes. Could be worth checking out if you want to see more vampire anime.
Archean-ReturnAug 22, 2023 9:25 PM

Shaded Horizon

Jan 8, 4:37 PM

Jun 2020
Its work as a end of season but definitely not as and of an series. They put to many secrets to the next season which is not exciting. Looks like there is something about Mimi and why she is important or that Cassa get away etc. But we never gonna learn I guess because looks like manga don’t have them too. Which is sad.

There are a good amount problems in this anime. Which is bothering me and I just dont like Alice . In the other hand I like Mimi she is mostly doesn’t do stupid things and try to help when she actually can.

6/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Blood Brothers Episode 10 Discussion

Kayro - Mar 2, 2008

9 by kirA_-_ »»
Jan 8, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Black Blood Brothers Episode 9 Discussion

Kayro - Mar 2, 2008

10 by kirA_-_ »»
Jan 8, 1:06 PM

Poll: » Black Blood Brothers Episode 6 Discussion

Kayro - Mar 1, 2008

8 by kirA_-_ »»
Jan 8, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Black Blood Brothers Episode 1 Discussion

Kayro - Feb 27, 2008

14 by kirA_-_ »»
Jan 7, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Black Blood Brothers Episode 11 Discussion

Kayro - Mar 2, 2008

12 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 22, 2023 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.