Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 12, 2016 6:05 AM
Jun 2016
thiagopv said:
Well, seems like All Might is not happy. First time seing him not smiling. That's a badass face, really sad Boku no Hero probably won't have any other seasons.

Dude, where did you even hear that. BnHA is one of the best mangas in jump right now, maintaining the #1 position, like, 7 times within the last 8 weeks iirc. Manga sales are top notch, and the anime did very well in boosting it.

It is very likely that we will get secnd season sometime
Jun 12, 2016 6:36 AM
Jul 2018
Finally I truly enjoyed an episode of this show. Nice team work between the heroes against the villains. Todoroki OP af. Aizawa-sensei got rekt bad, ouch.
Jun 12, 2016 6:42 AM

Jun 2015
I lost words, that was too awesome. 5/5
Jun 12, 2016 6:55 AM

Jul 2015
Omg Aizawa is so cool,
I was really hoping All Might wouldn't come, but another hero... Because All Might is weakening, plus he has that timelimit, it is bad for his health to use over use his power...
But he came anyway, as expected from a true hero, the symbol of peace.

From the preview of the next episode, it seems like they know his weakness... Wonder what will happen. :/
Jun 12, 2016 7:00 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Votbear said:
thiagopv said:
Well, seems like All Might is not happy. First time seing him not smiling. That's a badass face, really sad Boku no Hero probably won't have any other seasons.

Dude, where did you even hear that. BnHA is one of the best mangas in jump right now, maintaining the #1 position, like, 7 times within the last 8 weeks iirc. Manga sales are top notch, and the anime did very well in boosting it.

The anime didn't really have any part in the success of manga sales sadly

Regardless, I think it's safe to say that we will get a second season
Jun 12, 2016 7:01 AM

Jun 2013
Noumu reminds me of the Mountain from Game of Thrones. For a character with no lines they certainly give him presence.
Jun 12, 2016 7:09 AM

Jan 2015
Votbear said:
thiagopv said:

I know the sales are good, but from what I've been reading, the anime is not doing well in Japan, not even top10 this season, so I don't think the anime has much to do with the sales.

Hopefully we get a second season though.
Jun 12, 2016 7:14 AM
Nov 2015
thiagopv said:
I know the sales are good, but from what I've been reading, the anime is not doing well in Japan, not even top10 this season, so I don't think the anime has much to do with the sales.

In fact, if we talk about sales estimatives from blu rays and dvds, boku no hero academia is indeed in the top10, but keep in mind that this are only estimatives.

5 June estimatives

10.7k Macross delta
*9.9k Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
*8.9k JoJo P4
*5.4k Re:Zero
*4.8k Haifuri
*4.2k Bakuon
*3.6k Boku no Hero
*3.6k Stray dogs
*3.4k Flying Witch
*3.3k Super lovers
Jun 12, 2016 7:26 AM

May 2015
Marvelous episode. Eraser Head really got fucked, damn.... I feel really bad for him. That All Might, though. That's not a happy face. I can't wait to see him in action.

Jun 12, 2016 7:26 AM

Jul 2015
Celoow said:
thiagopv said:

In fact, if we talk about sales estimatives from blu rays and dvds, boku no hero academia is indeed in the top10, but keep in mind that this are only estimatives.

5 June estimatives

10.7k Macross delta
*9.9k Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
*8.9k JoJo P4
*5.4k Re:Zero
*4.8k Haifuri
*4.2k Bakuon
*3.6k Boku no Hero
*3.6k Stray dogs
*3.4k Flying Witch
*3.3k Super lovers

3.6k is actually more than I expected given the TV ratings. I'm fairly fine with that.
"Your guilt will be your past, and that will be your God."
Jun 12, 2016 7:54 AM

Jul 2015
Yay this episode happened a lot of things! We got to see more of the other students, and Deku controlled his powers, cool! Will he be able to control it more from now on? Man, Todoroki is so cool, I'm feeling that he'll become my favorite character. Also All Might looked epic when he arrived, I think it was the first time he didn't smile.
Shigaraki tough, he looks like a psychopathic sometimes. And his Quirk is very strong and scary! That blue villain is pretty strong too!
Anyway, awesome episode, as always. Can't wait to see what's going to happen next!
5/5
I need a second season. Will it have a second season?
Jun 12, 2016 8:06 AM

Feb 2016
thiagopv said:

Boku no Hero Academia has been such a huge hit, so I presume they will make at least another season (next year if we're lucky), since this first season is barely scratching the surface of what actually happens in the story.

And just from all the manga chapters, the anime could potentially have 4 or even 5 more seasons :)

Also, they give us a pretty good hint at the beginning, when Midoriya says: "This is the story of how I became the greatest hero", so it would be pretty disappointing if they just cut it here, which is pretty much just the start of Midoriya's journey of greatness.

All in all, this is just my speculation, but I hope some of what I said comes true in the near future.
Jun 12, 2016 8:13 AM

Aug 2008
Is 13 dead? I thought Aizawa is goner for a while. Intense episode. LOL! Mineta grabbing Tsuyu boobs. So Deku finally controlled his smash.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 12, 2016 8:19 AM

May 2014
Aizawa is the best character after this episode, hands down. He cares so much about his students that he still lifts his head even after being mangled!
Jun 12, 2016 8:32 AM

Jul 2014
I want the next episode so badly now.

Also I really hope we get more seasons of this show.
Jun 12, 2016 8:35 AM

Mar 2016
Man... that was intense :O great episode!
Jun 12, 2016 8:43 AM

Oct 2013
It was sad to see Aizawa get crumpled into the ground. :(
Jun 12, 2016 8:51 AM

May 2012
Wow awesome stuff. It was adapted really well and I love Eraser Head's fight here than in the manga. Damn, only 2 episodes left. I hope there will be a 2nd season. I really want to see the Sports Festival arc animated.
Jun 12, 2016 8:52 AM

Feb 2016
Going to see it now :)
Jun 12, 2016 9:11 AM

Jul 2013
Gotta respect Aizawa for saving Tsuyu when he was getting fucked by Nomu. He is a true hero indeed.
Love seeing more of the quirks of the other students, the group of Yaoyorozu particularly. I liked how Izuku tried to do somethig against facepalm instead of watch the scene like an idiot, too bad it was futile.

I though 13 was dead until mist dude mentions that he only knocked him. Speaking about the villains, mist dude is as cool as in the previous episode, facepalm is fucking crazy and Nomu is a savage.

All Might's entry was badass as hell, cannot wait for his battle against Nomu, who seems to be a counter against One for All.

Btw, some doubt I get while watching the episode, when All Might appears in the center, it was because Iida called him or because he went to the place for himself? Because I don't think Iida would have been that fast to reach the school to tell him about the situation (unless I'm undertimating the speed of his quirk, of course).
Jun 12, 2016 9:19 AM
Jul 2018
Good to see the students took care of the villains very well.

All Might is pissed at the end!
Jun 12, 2016 9:20 AM
Nov 2015
Illyricus said:
Gotta respect Aizawa for saving Tsuyu when he was getting fucked by Nomu. He is a true hero indeed.
Love seeing more of the quirks of the other students, the group of Yaoyorozu particularly. I liked how Izuku tried to do somethig against facepalm instead of watch the scene like an idiot, too bad it was futile.

I though 13 was dead until mist dude mentions that he only knocked him. Speaking about the villains, mist dude is as cool as in the previous episode, facepalm is fucking crazy and Nomu is a savage.

All Might's entry was badass as hell, cannot wait for his battle against Nomu, who seems to be a counter against One for All.

Btw, some doubt I get while watching the episode, when All Might appears in the center, it was because Iida called him or because he went to the place for himself? Because I don't think Iida would have been that fast to reach the school to tell him about the situation (unless I'm undertimating the speed of his quirk, of course).

The answer is on the next episode.
Jun 12, 2016 9:25 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode, really enjoyed it. The anime has picked up recently and if it continues I may bump up my score of it to a 7 maybe even an 8
Jun 12, 2016 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
Tsu x Izuku is a necessity, look at him trying to save her. "LET GO OF HER!!!!" Damn what a great moment.

The fight with the electric guy and the two chicks was cool, I liked all their powers (Still working on the names obviously)

The bird dude was cool, in the Rain Stadium.

And the Ice/Fire guy is pretty badass as well.

oh my god...All Might is PISSED!!!!! I'm excited for next week.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 12, 2016 9:55 AM

Jun 2013
Random question for the manga readers: just how strong are Mineta's balls? If they were stuck to Nomu, would they be strong enough to immobilize him or would he be able to just rip free?
Jun 12, 2016 9:57 AM

Aug 2013
Really happy with this episode, I was especially waiting for this funny bit to get adapted:

Keep it up, Mineta.

They captured All Might's anger at the end of the episode really well, and the fight between Shigaraki, Noumu, and Aizawa was really well done as well, it was really savage.

Seeing all the other students' powers was cool, especially Momo's. Her power might be my favorite in the series. It's really cool how she's smart enough to understand the molecular makeup of the objects she makes, and since they come from her body we now know why her outfit is so revealing.
Jun 12, 2016 10:34 AM
Nov 2015
xSkipi said:
Deku used his power without breaking his arm ! :o But I don't think he will be able to control it for now imo
Shouto is scary as fck '-'

Was he? I haven't read the manga so I don't know, but I think that the big guy is able to cancel out All Might's quirk (and as they share the same power, Midoriya's too). That way, he wouldn't have broken his arm because he wouldn't have used his power.
Jun 12, 2016 10:43 AM

Jan 2010
Awesome. Enjoyed everything in it.

Can't wait for the next one!
Jun 12, 2016 10:48 AM

Sep 2015
PaulaMarina said:

Was he? I haven't read the manga so I don't know, but I think that the big guy is able to cancel out All Might's quirk (and as they share the same power, Midoriya's too). That way, he wouldn't have broken his arm because he wouldn't have used his power.

I haven't read either, you might be right but everything was shaking due to his punch, so I'm doubtful
Jun 12, 2016 10:53 AM

May 2015
PaulaMarina said:
xSkipi said:
Deku used his power without breaking his arm ! :o But I don't think he will be able to control it for now imo
Shouto is scary as fck '-'

The effects of Deku's smash were there though, the massive force was shown, it just didn't injure Deku or Nomu.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jun 12, 2016 10:56 AM
Nov 2015
RainyRai said:
PaulaMarina said:

The effects of Deku's smash were there though, the massive force was shown, it just didn't injure Deku or Nomu.

Yeah... I know, it just seems to sudden for him to start gaining control over his ability... We'll have to wait until the next episode
Jun 12, 2016 11:13 AM

Nov 2014
Great episode, we got to see a lot of the side characters fight. Eraser head was being badass as always and All might shows up!
Hi there
Jun 12, 2016 11:18 AM

Apr 2011
Nice episode.

all might finally arrived~!

Jun 12, 2016 11:58 AM

Jan 2014
Damn, Aizawa! That was brutal but he's so badass. Mad respect. I was literally jumping up and shouting at the end. This episode was awesome!
Jun 12, 2016 12:02 PM

Sep 2014
Holy shit this episode was hype as fuck!

All might's pissed off face! Aizawa being a hardcore badass not giving himself any breaks because he has to protect his students!
Jun 12, 2016 12:08 PM

Dec 2009
The Eraser Head moment where he erased the quirk in time to save Tsu despite being so battered was amazing. That's still one of my favorite parts from the manga and I'm glad to see it properly adapted here. This was the strongest episode of My Hero Academia yet due to showing off the whole cast more and the tense atmosphere. Super hyped for next week since All Might is finally in action!
Jun 12, 2016 12:09 PM

Oct 2015
Tokoya said:
Votbear said:

The anime didn't really have any part in the success of manga sales sadly

Regardless, I think it's safe to say that we will get a second season

The gross increase in sales usually factor in AFTER the ending of the anime and people pick up where it leaves off. The half-year sales were collected from 23/11/15 to 22/05/16 with Academia premiering on April 3rd 2016. That's four months+ worth of Academia manga sales without anime influence factoring into the half-year sales figure. Last year Academia was the 27th best selling manga for the full year without any anime influence. Currently it is the 9th best-selling manga at the time episode 8 had aired so I wouldn't say the anime had no impact. Rather I'd say the impact was quite impressive given an absence of four months+. The upcoming full sales chart in November will show just how much the anime impacted the sales of the manga after it ends and people move on to reading the manga.
Jun 12, 2016 12:37 PM

Feb 2015
*All Might Appeared* > *Ending Song*
i can't stand it anymore. i'm just gonna read the manga after finish watching this anime. too freaking killing me AF! if it was a long running anime i would be like "cliffhanger ? well okay....looking foward for the next episode..." but this anime only has a freaking 13 episode/1 cour series!!! everytime i see a cliffhanger, i'm like "FUCK!!! THISS!!! SHIT!!!"

overall, it was a great episode as ususal. but damn! i feel bad for what happened to eraser head....he is really cool imo.....same feeling towards 13 too. that ice guy pretty badass too btw.....well either way, i'm looking foward for the next episode....this episode was freaking intense af is all i can say...
Jun 12, 2016 12:38 PM

Jul 2015
Just the dang previous scenes got me hyped for this episode -w-

Things started going so well, and went bad so fast. I really enjoyed seeing everybody's quirks in action, and I was so worried about Midoriya and Tsuyu. I mean, I knew they weren't going to get hurt, but I still felt really worried. Seeing All Might not smiling was definitely something too. Great episode and I can't wait for the next, too hyped owo
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jun 12, 2016 12:41 PM

Jan 2009
Ooooh yeaaah that was amazing. The episode even showed the other characters in so many ways.

Ooooh yeaaah Midoriyaaaaaaa
Jun 12, 2016 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
Damn this episode was intense!
We got information on some more heroes and the villains are ruthless, loved it. All Might is not smiling, he is on serious mode now!! Next episode will be amazing ^^
Jun 12, 2016 1:10 PM
Aug 2015

I wanna see this uncensored. Thank you.
Jun 12, 2016 1:16 PM

Aug 2015
Awesome episode. Other hero teams were amazing aswell. Todoroki and Bakugo is impressive as always. I really liked Bakugo-Kirishima duo. Aizawa sensei is really cool. And KOUKI UCHIYAMA ROCKING AS SHIGARAKI.
Jun 12, 2016 1:43 PM

Mar 2008
This episode had me on pins and needles! It's so sad there are only two episodes left. I'm going to have to read the manga after this ends because I won't be able to wait for the next season.
Jun 12, 2016 1:52 PM

Apr 2008
Holy shit this was such an intense awesome episode, it was over before I knew it , I want moar ! :O
Jun 12, 2016 2:05 PM

Jun 2009
Gray_Aria said:
This episode had me on pins and needles! It's so sad there are only two episodes left. I'm going to have to read the manga after this ends because I won't be able to wait for the next season.

You haven't read the manga yet? Ooooh boy, you're going to love it then if you like the anime. :D

If anything, reading the manga will just make you be even more impatient for another season because it starts getting epic later. ^^
Jun 12, 2016 2:05 PM

Feb 2014
Mineta, you lucky bastard! Using his celebration to grope Tsu's breast, she didn't hesitate in punishing him by dunking him underwater! XD

The whole episode was intense, with the other students working together to defeat their opponents, Eraser Head struggling and getting battered and Thirteen seemingly out of commission, this episode had it all.

That is, until the appearance of All Might, and damn is he royally pissed off! It's the first time in this form that he ISN'T smiling at all.

I'm expecting his fight against Nomu will be difficult, but I'm sure that he can win this. =D
Jun 12, 2016 2:11 PM

Mar 2014
I really hope All Might didn't show up by himself. If so i'm gonna be really disappointed. I want to see other pro heroes in action + The Crazy ass dude + warper will just wreck the rookies.

I really thought eraser head was gonna die during the episode though, but I bet he'll make it.
Jun 12, 2016 2:26 PM

Jun 2016
The episode was absolutely great, the end intensified it quite well, that still frame of Tsu desperately grasping Midoriya hit me hard. Not to mention Eraser Head's heroic determination.

But speaking of determination... It was really dissapointing to witness the density of the plot armor. From my point of view, the only thing between Aizawa and Thirteen and death, was literally a big, chunk of massive, plot armor.
Jun 12, 2016 2:36 PM

Jun 2016
Wow , amazing episode they found a way to kill AllMight im sure the two next episodes are going to be sick
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

421 by jumbosan »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

436 by His0kaDevv »»
Apr 11, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

403 by Esu_Kei »»
Apr 10, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

332 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 21, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

294 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 16, 8:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.