Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jun 7, 2016 11:05 PM

May 2016
What i pointed out in this episode was when Aizawa told to Izuku "Do you believe i have 1 special power?" Something like this! I really loved the episode <3
Jun 8, 2016 2:50 PM

Jun 2014
slow pacing as usual...
Jun 8, 2016 10:18 PM

Sep 2013
Really hated this episode. The plot is already showing the author's lack of ability. Pun certainly not intended. I can understand wanting to put some light-hearted comedy in a story. But a HERO-TRAINING academy that allows only the BEST OF THE BEST who are expected to one day use their ABILITIES to save countless lives letting some brat who's ability is sticky hairballs into the school is just flat-out garbage writing. I'm not even going to delve into the entrance exam.

It seems I was right when I wanted to call this BONES' One-Punch Man; all fluff and heart without a real plot. Of course, I could be wrong. Maybe hairballs kid can explode them when he focuses or something. That'd be nice but boy do I doubt it.
Jun 9, 2016 4:20 AM

Jul 2013
Old_Raven said:
Really hated this episode. The plot is already showing the author's lack of ability. Pun certainly not intended. I can understand wanting to put some light-hearted comedy in a story. But a HERO-TRAINING academy that allows only the BEST OF THE BEST who are expected to one day use their ABILITIES to save countless lives letting some brat who's ability is sticky hairballs into the school is just flat-out garbage writing. I'm not even going to delve into the entrance exam.

It seems I was right when I wanted to call this BONES' One-Punch Man; all fluff and heart without a real plot. Of course, I could be wrong. Maybe hairballs kid can explode them when he focuses or something. That'd be nice but boy do I doubt it.

He stuck some robot and win enough to enter.
Jun 9, 2016 5:55 AM
Mar 2012
Osts amazingly intense.
Some good Eraser fights & Midoriya tactics. Expected more from ballboy but that's ok.
Yoyorozu got more similarities to Sonohara Anri than just Saika.
Jun 9, 2016 8:55 AM

Nov 2015
Good episode, Deku is amazing for doing this. Next episode should be good.

Jun 9, 2016 10:18 AM

Jan 2016
Fun episode! Loved it
Onei
Jun 9, 2016 1:57 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode~ ミ(◠︿◠ ; )彡 I'm really loving all the characters. Deku saves the day again. I have to read the manga after this anime finishes.
Jun 10, 2016 11:48 AM

May 2010
Everyone was cool! I'm loving Tsuyu-- and Izuku is a nice, smart hero-- good protagonist.
Jun 10, 2016 6:50 PM

Jan 2014
i just reaaaaaally loved this episode 5/5
I love how our little Midoriya is becoming more and more like the hero he always looked up to. He's his own hero.
Jun 11, 2016 12:27 AM

Apr 2014
Wow this show is fucking awesome, I absolutely love how their doing it. I love the animation, the music, the pacing is great not to fast where it feels rushed and not so slow it feels like a chore to watch. I'm 100% buying the manga(& anime when its released) of this, I need more of this in my life<3 Its completely blown my initial expectations for it out of the water.

When the purple kid explained his quirk, his face & everyones reactions had me dying. Its been quite awhile since I've legit laughed hard at something. Really liked that we got to see some action from more than just the main crew & spread some of the glory, I didn't want to like Tsu just because of her design but now that we've gotten to actually see her I think shes pretty dope. They're all pretty dope really xD.
Jun 11, 2016 5:07 AM
Jan 2015
It was a return to form this week My Hero Academia. Thank God for the awesomeness!

PS: I know it looks spammy but I promote my blog as I cover seasonal shows. Thank you for paying a visit.
Jun 11, 2016 5:45 PM

Nov 2015
Amazing episode! Aizawa is so badass and that last part was intense!!!
ShijinJun 11, 2016 5:48 PM
Jun 12, 2016 6:58 AM
Jun 2016
Midoriya is becoming one of my most favorite recent shonen protagonist. Would love more of the kinds like him, really.
Jun 12, 2016 9:18 AM
Mar 2009
Bobby2Hands said:
Finally we get to see Tsuyu in action.

Frog girl = best girl

Screw catgirls! Frog girls are the future!
Jun 13, 2016 6:49 AM

Sep 2007
Deku x Tsuyu OTP

I mean, Uraraka is cute but COME ON
Jun 13, 2016 6:57 AM
Oct 2015
Old_Raven said:

Being a hero is not all about beating the villains. That's why All Might trained Midoriya by telling him to clean the beach. For similar reason the entrance exam had the rescue point which was kept secret from the examinee.

While Mineta's quirk is not suitable for fighting it can be used for other purposes. For example, he can stick the balls to the wall & use them as footholds to climb it over. Depending on the situation, that climbing ability can be used for rescue purpose. The sticky balls can also be used to restrain defeated villains so that they can't run away.
Jun 14, 2016 5:20 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Yay! So many lines for Tsuyu-chan!

And that's why I love Izuku, even though he has immense strength, he uses his mind instead!
Jun 15, 2016 8:04 AM

Feb 2016
Very amusing first encounter with the villains. Eraserhead was pretty cool when he was fighting against many villains at once. It's fun to see how midoriya always comes up with a plan even though his possibilities are limited.

And then this :

Still laughing xD
Jun 16, 2016 6:06 AM

Jun 2015
There was some overthinking on Midoriya's side so this episode felt slow, but overall it was a decent one. Also it was a nice opportunity to see some quirks working together.
Jun 23, 2016 4:59 AM

Feb 2015
These villains are pretty awful at their jobs.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2016 7:29 PM

Dec 2009
He's starting to get it I feel like. It'll only be a matter of time before Izuku is able to use One for All. Just gotta make sure that egg doesn't crack.

Tsu, Izuku, and Mineta make a good team. That was a good combination to work off each others strengths.
Jul 2, 2016 7:43 AM

May 2012
Nice combo! Really nice development, looking for the next intense episode.
Jul 7, 2016 10:44 PM

Apr 2011
Ryuutobi said:
Old_Raven said:

Being a hero is not all about beating the villains. That's why All Might trained Midoriya by telling him to clean the beach. For similar reason the entrance exam had the rescue point which was kept secret from the examinee.

While Mineta's quirk is not suitable for fighting it can be used for other purposes. For example, he can stick the balls to the wall & use them as footholds to climb it over. Depending on the situation, that climbing ability can be used for rescue purpose. The sticky balls can also be used to restrain defeated villains so that they can't run away.

I can see how Mineta's quirk has the potential to be more than one would expect but overall I agree that sticky hair ball quirk doesn't really scream "best of the best" to me. I don't think he belongs at UA unless he can make those balls explode, see the future, or do something more. At the end of the day I don't mind sticky ball quirk kid but if he has a deus ex machina moment I am going to flip my laptop...
Jul 8, 2016 3:00 AM

Mar 2015
Great episode, the first 'real test' for the class..

Wonder what the hand-guy's powers are?

Frog girl is actually really cute!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 8, 2016 2:42 PM

Aug 2014
Mineta : I wish I could've at least touched Yaoyorozu's boobs first!
Priorities...You're doing it right xD

It's about time Best Girl Tsuyu got some spotlight.

I'm loving how far Deku has come since the beginnning of the series.
Jul 9, 2016 2:35 PM
Oct 2015
Storcov said:
I can see how Mineta's quirk has the potential to be more than one would expect but overall I agree that sticky hair ball quirk doesn't really scream "best of the best" to me. I don't think he belongs at UA unless he can make those balls explode, see the future, or do something more. At the end of the day I don't mind sticky ball quirk kid but if he has a deus ex machina moment I am going to flip my laptop...
If we go by that logic, then the old nurse doesn't belong to UA because her fighting capability is even lower than Mineta. But we all know that's not the case because her recovery kiss can help a lot of people including the injured front line heroes. She is not the best fighter for sure, but there's no doubt that she is the best support. A healer in this case.
Jul 10, 2016 7:57 AM

Apr 2011
Come on, Midoriya. Call her by her nickname. Tsuyu is so cute. And that chibi is a perv.
MagitoJul 10, 2016 8:06 AM
Jul 18, 2016 9:43 PM

Apr 2016
Every character is important. This is too cool!
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Jul 20, 2016 2:44 PM

Feb 2015
Ugh, so much boring dialogue. How can you have an entire episode of a room filled with a bunch of characters with superpowers and not have anything exciting going on? Those villains just sit there waiting in the water while the heroes calmly tell us what powers they have. SHOW, don't tell. They shouldn't be wasting all that time on telling us what they can do, but show us instead.
It's a shame, because some of those villain designs look really cool, but they don't seem to be all that intimidating since they seem to just wait around for the heroes to do anything. There's no tension whatsoever.
Jul 23, 2016 12:35 PM

Sep 2014
Well this is a good episode finally the fight begun. Hoping for more action for next episode
Jul 26, 2016 6:48 AM

Jul 2013
It's awesome to think that Mineta was inspired by Izuku. lol and btw that was an intense episode.
Aug 8, 2016 9:45 PM

Dec 2012
Cool episode. Aizawa is a badass.

Momo looking so fine pulling that weapon out of herself. Her quirk. Could it be?

I think...I like Tsu now.

Minoru continues to be a BOSS!

Deku being cool again. Would be nice if he would stop calling out the name of All Might's moves.

Secrete.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 30, 2016 10:13 AM

Sep 2013
Villains separate everyone but they manage to pull through with their superior quircks.
Aug 31, 2016 9:08 PM

Sep 2013
Wow...Eraserhead is a bit more of a badass than I thought he'd be!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Sep 3, 2016 9:41 PM

Apr 2015
Great episode overall, though it kinda lost my attention for a few minutes in the middle, it was brought right back during that huge scene at the end.

"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 18, 2016 11:00 PM

Mar 2012
Was exciting during the beginning and near the end but the pacing middle was pretty dam slow. They were just chilling on the boat for the majority of the episode lol.
Dec 10, 2016 5:49 PM

Jul 2013
That was intense. Man Aizawa is such a bad ass. No wonder that he's one of the elite heros.

Of course Bakugou and Kirishima without any hesitate attacking that shadow guy. He has a interesting ability. Good thing that they don't know anything about the abilities of the students, otherwise they would have been in a pretty bad position.

Finally we saw the director but I don't really know what to think about him xD
Tsuyu is pretty cool and it's nice to see her with more screentime. Also that they explained their abilities more precisely. You could see it in the episodes before but Minoru is a little pervert :D

Deku again such a badass. That was pretty crazy but at the same time painful to see his fingers flopping around :<

And it also seems like this scary hand guy is about to make his move.

Jan 8, 2017 4:06 PM

May 2013
Noiceeeeee *thumbs up*

Rewind back to earlier episodes and even All Might is scared. He said it himself that his smile was a way to convince himself that he can be the #1 hero. Deku is the same C: I guess it's all the traits that the One For All generation has in common-- the ambition to work hard when all odds are against you, the reflexes when you want to save others, and bravery to move forward when you're scared shitless :')

I'm glad Deku seems to be motivational towards the other students. In this ep, it was Mineta. Just like how he got Baka Baku to realize he needs to step up from square 1. And the other students during the battle test after seeing how his hero team handled the encounter with the first team villain.

Deku is a storm slowly influencing those around him ^-^
Kokoro_KotashimaJan 8, 2017 4:11 PM
Feb 5, 2017 5:09 PM
Dec 2009
I expected this whole series to be in the academy so I'm glad we got to see more of the "real" villains heroes face! And dang are they creepy! These character designs are amazing!
Feb 19, 2017 1:36 AM

Jan 2017
Ive wanted to see more of Tsuyu since i saw her show up, she seemed like shed having interesting abilities, and this episode was great for that, i love her, and want to see even more for now on
Mar 3, 2017 1:52 AM

Oct 2008
What the hell! why am I standing ovation & clapping right now !?
Deku is also great as a strategist!
Everyone is scattered but only on that dome!
Aizawa-sensei fightning all that villain by himself was cool!
5/5.

Apr 11, 2017 1:22 PM

Jun 2013
This was a fairly slow episode, considering how little actually happened. But that's fine, I enjoyed seing Tsu-chan in action, and Deku successfully working out a strategy with her. The other students got a few moments to shine, too. Except for Mineta, who was even more annoying than before. Well, he has been a useless little creep all along, but at least I used to be able to ignore him.

It was nice to meet the principal, poor All Might got scolded. The principal raised some good points.
LeeTailorApr 11, 2017 1:33 PM
Apr 13, 2017 11:17 AM

Jun 2008
Ok frog girl can jump not fly. the boat was in the middle of the pond and she had to hold that shorty and then grasp the main on top of that.
Carring someone and graping someone severely limits the distance you can jump. By doing those things together she should normally jump at beast a little more than a normal human and they should ended up in the water but they made her seem like she was flying.
Bare in mind she a girl and therefore light, she doesn't have the weight to drag the main by her body momentum.
Apr 25, 2017 4:53 PM
Aug 2014
Starting to really wonder how some of these kids got into this supposed elite hero academy. Bawling like a baby and sticky hair isn't someone who you'd think would pass.
May 3, 2017 6:32 AM

Apr 2015
Epic episode. With three episodes left, let's see where this will end.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jun 13, 2017 10:52 AM

Feb 2013
Too much talking made this episode quite slower, but I understand they're setting up the final two chapters to be about the fight. I just can't wait to see the other students in action.
Jun 26, 2017 4:14 PM

Mar 2010
Great episode, great plan by izuku. didn't think those purple balls would work.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 26, 2017 4:14 PM

Mar 2010
Great episode, great plan by izuku. didn't think those purple balls would work.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 21, 2017 5:08 PM

Apr 2014
my question is- how the hell do some of people with Quirks turn into animals like the principal? like did the principal come out of the womb as a rat thing or was he a normal child at some point?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

421 by jumbosan »»
48 minutes ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

436 by His0kaDevv »»
Apr 11, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

403 by Esu_Kei »»
Apr 10, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

332 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 21, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

276 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 18, 8:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.