Forum Settings
Forums

I need a guide to watch anime faster... A LOT FASTER

New
May 27, 2016 7:56 AM

Jan 2012
What is your secret?
How can you watch many anime? Or rather, how do you have time to watch so many animes?
It takes me 6 months to watch an anime of 13 episodes! And the most frustating part is that I know people who can finish a 52-episode anime at 3 days!
Seriously, how you can?
And before any moderator or administrator to lock / delete this topic, I want to explain why the existence of it: I created this topic because I am dissatisfied with the speed that I take to watch anime, I want to change that. I want to finish a 200-episode anime in 1 month, not 2 years.

So, pelase, tell me your secret to finish anime that fast!
Vini310May 27, 2016 8:09 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 27, 2016 7:57 AM

Feb 2015
-watch a lot of movies
-watch a lot of short specials or music videos
May 27, 2016 7:57 AM

Dec 2013
It takes you six months to watch 4-5 hours of content?
Nobody is that busy.

May 27, 2016 7:58 AM

Nov 2015
wtf bro didn't you reply to the exact same thread that I had made that got taken down?
May 27, 2016 7:59 AM

May 2016
Spend 17 years watching anime and take a few years off due to burnout and/or terrible seasons (2008-2009 was a goddamn wasteland).

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
May 27, 2016 8:00 AM

Jan 2012
Gesu- said:
wtf bro didn't you reply to the exact same thread that I had made that got taken down?

What thread?
Did you created a thread with the same subject as me?
May 27, 2016 8:01 AM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
A lot of it is I've just been watch anime for like 2+ decades now. But I get in 3 episodes before work and 3 during lunch. I might watch anime other times but that is the bulk of it for me. I can get in a decent amount that way.

Apr 2012
Just watch a couple of episodes before going to sleep and you will have a huge list in no time.

Jan 2012
Zelkiiro said:
Spend 17 years watching anime and take a few years off due to burnout and/or terrible seasons (2008-2009 was a goddamn wasteland).

Toradora is your friend.
And man, I like anime from 2000's (2000-2009).

Apr 2016
6 months for 13 episodes?
*looks at your profile

You're probably in school or college and you're telling me you don't have free time? You're pretty bad at managing your time, then. Even the most busiest of people can find the time to finish a 13 episode anime in a week.
Something witty that makes you think I'm funny

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier
May 27, 2016 8:03 AM

May 2016
Vini310 said:
Toradora is your friend.

Meh. It really doesn't look like my jam.

May 27, 2016 8:05 AM

Apr 2011
stop caring about number of hours and you will not notice the time going by
May 27, 2016 8:06 AM

Nov 2015
Vini310 said:
Gesu- said:

What thread?
'
The exact same one. Word for word.
And I'm pretty sure you replied to it..
May 27, 2016 8:08 AM

Dec 2012
I just..watch shows. I enjoy them. I keep watching because I love anime. I stopped counting hundreds ago.

Jun 2015
Well I work and hang out with friends, have time for family and still am able to go on restaurant hunting even with my big list, which is only half of what I've seen.

My secret is 3 hours of fucking travel time, and 20 years of watching.

Jan 2012
Gesu- said:
Vini310 said:

What thread?
'

Wow, maybe I didn't realize that.
So, I will change the title. Sorry for the inconvenient.
May 27, 2016 8:09 AM

Sep 2015
i have 452 and my secret is....i started several years ago :D

May 27, 2016 8:09 AM

Nov 2015
Vini310 said:
Gesu- said:
'

Wow, maybe I didn't realize that.
So, I will change the title. Sorry for the inconvenient.

Meh.
I don't really mind. It's just that it might get taken down again..
Gesu-May 27, 2016 8:17 AM
May 27, 2016 8:11 AM

Jan 2008
Well, first explain why it takes you 6 months to watch 13 episodes.
May 27, 2016 8:14 AM

Oct 2013
Woah, Im in the 200's n I had no idea.

Use your time in the holidays to watch anime. In one hour you can finish 3 episodes

So if you skip op n ed's then you can finish one 13 episode anime in 4 hours and 20 mins.

I spend my days off from work just watching anime or reading mangas or whatever. Binge watching is the way to go if you wanna watch more anime.

Soon as I get home I watch anime. Anime 4 life ninja!!!

Of course don't forget to get to actually get up and stretch your legs, do a bit of exercise.......I gotta lose weight lol
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
May 27, 2016 8:16 AM

Sep 2015
DmonHiro said:

yes, two episodes each month is very slow.

maybe you never found an anime you really liked? whenever i watch one that is boring, but bad enough to drop, it also takes me several weeks

May 27, 2016 8:17 AM

Jan 2012
DmonHiro said:

Lots of homework
Lots of school tests
The mother factor (the 13-episode anime was Manyuu Hikenchou, an ecchi anime, and when I tried to watch ecchi in front of my mother, the result was kinda... frustrating. She got pissed off. Very pissed off...)
May 27, 2016 8:19 AM

Oct 2014
I watch mostly short anime (my average time for a completed anime is around 2 hours). If it really takes you 6 months to watch a one cour anime then that means you're only watching one episode every two weeks. If that's what you're currently comfortable with then slowly increase how much you watch until you're watching at least two episodes a day.
May 27, 2016 8:22 AM

Sep 2015
Vini310 said:
DmonHiro said:

when I tried to watch ecchi in front of my mother, the result was kinda... frustrating. She got pissed off. Very pissed off...)

dude you are 16/17............man up!

May 27, 2016 8:22 AM

Jan 2012
Nigami_Shin said:
DmonHiro said:

yes, two episodes each month is very slow.

maybe you never found an anime you really liked? whenever i watch one that is boring, but bad enough to drop, it also takes me several weeks

That's a good question. It takt only 1 week to I finish the first 24 episodes of Gintama.
Also, when I watch Sailor Moon, I try to watch 2-4 episodes at once.

Nigami_Shin said:
Vini310 said:

when I tried to watch ecchi in front of my mother, the result was kinda... frustrating. She got pissed off. Very pissed off...)

dude you are 16/17....stand your ground

Yeah.. but the "ecchi incident" happend when I was 13!

May 27, 2016 8:24 AM

May 2016
Binge watching 52 episodes in 3 days just means disregarding everything else...even important stuff. Dude,if u spend most of time conducively that u dont have much time for anime then i think its better if u stay that way. Its admirable actually,shows u have the right priorities.
May 27, 2016 8:30 AM

May 2016
Then maybe find some anime that, a.) are undeniably great, and b.) are also appropriate for Mom to sit in on without thinking you're some kind of degenerate (a.k.a. no higher than PG-13, dialed way down on the ecchi meter)! Here, I'll make you a list to start you off:

Death Note
Fruits Basket
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Princess Tutu
Haibane Renmei
Gungrave
Tiger & Bunny
Usagi Drop
Planetes
Chihayafuru
Kino's Journey
Bamboo Blade
WataMote
K-On! (okay, it's not "undeniably great," but many people love it and it's appropriate, so here it is)
The Big O
Angel Beats

That should sprinkle a little bit of each genre into your anime diet without pissing your mom off!

May 27, 2016 8:34 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
If you can only manage to spend roughly 4 hours runtime on watching anime over a course of 6 months (less than 0.1 % of the total time), then you probably aren't very interested in anime to begin with

I seriously can't imagine there being any other excuse here
May 27, 2016 8:35 AM

Oct 2014
Zelkiiro said:
Then maybe find some anime that, a.) are undeniably great, and b.) are also appropriate for Mom to sit in on without thinking you're some kind of degenerate (a.k.a. no higher than PG-13, dialed way down on the ecchi meter)! Here, I'll make you a list to start you off:

Death Note
Fruits Basket
Princess Tutu
Haibane Renmei
Gungrave
Tiger & Bunny
Usagi Drop
Planetes
Chihayafuru
Kino's Journey
Bamboo Blade
WataMote
K-On! (okay, it's not "undeniably great," but many people love it and it's appropriate, so here it is)
The Big O
Angel Beats

Those particular 3 would still piss off conservative mothers though.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
May 27, 2016 8:36 AM

Jul 2015
Vini310 said:
The mother factor (the 13-episode anime was Manyuu Hikenchou, an ecchi anime, and when I tried to watch ecchi in front of my mother, the result was kinda... frustrating. She got pissed off. Very pissed off...)

Dude holy shit what was going through your mind when you decided to watch ecchi in front of your mom?
I don't mean this as a rhetorical question.
  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . Your ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ . ★
 * .  ☾ °  ¸. Anime* ● ¸  ° ☾ °☆  . * ¸.   ★
  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . Is  ° ☾ ★ ° .° ☾ ° ☾ °☆
● .  ★  ★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★ Garbage :.  . • ○ ° ★
May 27, 2016 8:37 AM
Feb 2012
Watch the series at your own pace? Where's the problem with taking a bit longer to watch something?

Weird thread.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
May 27, 2016 8:39 AM

Nov 2012
BINGE! I can watch animes around my mum, when I'm alone. Anywhere really, if you're watching ecchi just hide the screen subtly!

But binging is the best, the satisfaction coming from finishing 200 episodes of Naruto in a week is priceless.

But as @rachmaninow said, there's nothing wrong with watching slowly, everyone has their own style :)
WelshcakeMay 27, 2016 8:42 AM
May 27, 2016 8:40 AM

Jan 2012
KoreaWS said:
Zelkiiro said:

Death Note
Fruits Basket
Princess Tutu
Haibane Renmei
Gungrave
Tiger & Bunny
Usagi Drop
Planetes
Chihayafuru
Kino's Journey
Bamboo Blade
WataMote
The Big O
Angel Beats

Not exactly, my mother/mom loves Detah Note (me too).
And I don't like Madoka...
I was planning to watch WataMote and K-ON.
May 27, 2016 8:41 AM

May 2014
Be an otaku. Don't do anything but watch anime, skip OP and ED unless you really like them. Continue being an otaku. Don't be dissatisfied with the title of otaku. Where it with pride, show no fear, for you know what you have become.
May 27, 2016 8:42 AM

Dec 2013
Just watch an Anime with genres you like and if you enjoyed the Anime, You will be binge watching it.
May 27, 2016 8:43 AM

Apr 2016
make your average to 20 episodes per day
if you have college, school make it 12-13 episodes per day
during exams make it 5-6 per day
and watch all the OVA, ONA, specials and movies related to the certain anime you're watching
May 27, 2016 8:43 AM

Jan 2015
I can't believe people are taking this seriously while I'm sitting here and thinking if the OP can manage to put his socks on his feet.
May 27, 2016 8:47 AM

Jul 2013
Fastforward through episodes lol.

Just watch some?
May 27, 2016 8:49 AM

Mar 2016
There was a time I watched 52 episodes in 1 day. I don't feel like doing that now, anime is getting less and less interesting as I watch more of them.

It seems you don't enjoy watching anime that's why you watch only 1 episode in weeks or you would be watching at least one ep daily it takes only 20 mins. And if you don't enjoy it then you may as well not try to increase the amount of anime you watch.

If you do want to watch more often then I suggest you start by watching anime that ends in cliff hanger like every other episode (for example; Re: Zero) it will make you want to watch more to find out what will happen next.
May 27, 2016 8:54 AM

Dec 2010
Why would you need to watch anime faster in the first place? You mentioned yourself most of your time gets spent on homework and other school-related activities. Which is kinda commendable because, as someone already mentioned, it means you're not shut-in who does nothing with their life but sit in front of the TV all day; you've got your priorities straight. I watch anime sporadically because I have a job and when I come home, tired, the last thing I wanna do is force myself to kill my eyes any further by staring at the TV/comp screen. Plus, very few things manage to actually pique my interest nowadays. I mostly rewatch older anime series I haven't gotten to watching yet.

So, yeah, why force yourself to watch something faster? What is this, a competition now? Just watch at your own pace, what you want and as much as you can.
alenasMay 27, 2016 8:58 AM
May 27, 2016 9:09 AM

May 2016
If you're in it to just finish the story as fast as you can. Watching the show while simultaneously reading the episode synopsis on a wiki helps. This makes it so you can skip redundant things like filler or background that can be summed up in 2 sentences. While I watch an episode, if I start to get antsy I usually just skip through by clicking the buffer bar. I skip slowly through the episode to skip long unnecessary talks about characters I don't care about. But I always make sure to go back if I miss something important, or if there's a moment that I really want to see. With this method, I usually can finish 8-10 episode in an hour.
May 27, 2016 9:12 AM

Jan 2016
Watch anime in every moment you're awake everyday. That should do it.

Spending your time making this thread is in itself not helping. xD
May 27, 2016 9:12 AM

Jan 2015
Vini310 said:
KoreaWS said:

Not exactly, my mother/mom loves Detah Note (me too).
And I don't like Madoka...
I was planning to watch WataMote and K-ON.

Well I have a hard time believing that you can only watch a 13-episodes anime in 6 months :3
If it takes you too long to watch it it's either because this is a troll and if it's not then maybe you don't like anime in the first place, or maybe you have a disability that makes you not unable to watch animation which I haven't heard of.
You also say that's because you got alot of homework well are you attending school in North Korea? :3

But the secret to watch anime faster is... there is no secret. You just watch the anime you find interesting and spend time watching it, and use the 1-5 minutes everyday.

Besides how did you complete your current anime if what you are saying is true that it takes 6 months then the time you have spent on your completed anime shouldn't be possible for you :3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

May 27, 2016 9:14 AM

Dec 2015
Just don't sleep, sleep is for the weak.
May 27, 2016 9:40 AM

Feb 2010
vickypix said:
It takes you six months to watch 4-5 hours of content?
Nobody is that busy.

+1.
That's your issue to work on if you can't concentrate on one series for more than 1 episodes every 2 weeks there's nothing that can be said that makes any difference.
It's a question of whether you really want to watch anime if your motivation doesn't go further than 2 episodes a month. That number should naturally be higher. Your time management can't be that bad especially when you're still in school so it must be that you spend most of your free time doing other stuff that you apparently put a higher priority on than anime. Whether you want to change that or not is up to you.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 27, 2016 10:00 AM

Sep 2015
Watch anime in 2x speed, I do it on filler episodes.
May 27, 2016 10:06 AM

Apr 2016
For me, I try not to watch for the sake of adding it to my list, but to enjoy the actual series. And when you enjoy a series you can watch it pretty fast.
May 27, 2016 10:07 AM

Aug 2015
It took you six months to finished a 13 episode series? Seriously? I bet you're just too busy to focus on watching anime.. The best thing you can do is to free up at least 4-5 hours in your weekly schedule.. I'm sure that will help you finish one series in a week.

The problem is you're too busy. We're not fast, you're just slow.
May 27, 2016 10:12 AM

Jan 2008
Vini310 said:

You.... tried to watch ecchi in front of your mother... when you were 13.

I'm curious... What did you THINK was going to happen?

Also, come on, even when I was in the last year of high school with exams looming over me, I still had one hour a day to watch anime. Sorry, kid, but I'm giving up on you. I don't see how you can find a door to get out of your house at this rate.
May 27, 2016 10:19 AM

Dec 2015
Try to find more time in your everyday busy schedule. Some convenient time I could think of are: before sleeping, afternoon & evening. Try to finish your homework & schoolwork as fast as possible (If you can, do them on school if you have the time).
Also, you could watch ecchi on nighttime & be sure to lock your door & if that's not possible, use headphone while keeping a close look at your door :3
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - Apr 24

28 by LenRea »»
2 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

60 by luisfunes99 »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » hate watching ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 14

50 by alshu »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 6 hours ago

24 by Ricchan__ »»
20 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 2 hours ago

11 by Horizon248 »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.