Forum Settings
Forums

'Violet Evergarden' Anime in Production by Kyoto Animation

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 27, 2016 3:47 PM

Jan 2008
Oh gawd that CM was gorgeous. Can always count of KyoAni too have quality animation.
May 27, 2016 3:49 PM

Jan 2014
I saw the trailer too it's gonna be litttt
Problems that cannot be solved do not exist in this world.

May 27, 2016 4:06 PM
Aug 2011
Ah, Kyoani's beautiful visuals to being put to good use again.
May 27, 2016 5:03 PM

Sep 2015
Holy moley that CM was stunningly beautiful. KyoAni? Can't go wrong. Hopefully the actual series is just as good, can't wait.
May 27, 2016 5:07 PM
Casual Flower

Mar 2015
Definitely watching. I absolutely think the animation was quite gorgeous~
May 27, 2016 5:08 PM
Apr 2016
The animation is so beautiful that I think I'll cry
May 27, 2016 5:16 PM

Oct 2013
eromangasensei said:
Stunnig animation, kyoani just upped themselves. Gorgeous stuff.

Kuma said:
i am more interesing how original source look like... any original source here? so i know what i expect other than nice visual...

well, it's the only grand prize winner of the kyoani LN competition in 7 years, so certainly expect better stuff than chuunibyo! Or knk.

I hear it's a collection of short stories.

Synopsis:“Auto Memories Doll.” It’s already been a long time since that name was first popularized. It’s a machine that Dr. Orlando created that talks in a natural voice. At first, he only made it to help out his loving wife, but before long they spread out into the world. and companies were made to lend them out. “I’m Violet Evergarden, the Auto Memories Doll who will rush to provide service anywhere you wish.“ That translucent voice comes from a robotic beautiful girl with blonde hair and blue eyes like she came out of a storybook.

That sounds boring tbh just my first impression so don't kill me guys, the visuals looks good though. This also could be a film or movie adaptation as well.
keragammingMay 27, 2016 5:20 PM
May 27, 2016 6:29 PM
Apr 2015
Woah! CM looks really awesome.
What genre?
May 27, 2016 7:08 PM

Dec 2012
"El proyecto del anime esta en las obras"

lol.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
May 27, 2016 8:07 PM

Jul 2015
the animation looks lovely! looking forward to this

May 27, 2016 8:40 PM

Jul 2014
I can't help but notice whenever KyoAni makes an Anime, you hear "awesome animation". But given how a lot of LN's are hit and miss makes me weary. After all, awesome or beautiful Animation doesn't equal awesome Anime.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
May 27, 2016 8:46 PM

Aug 2015
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
BLmatsu said:
Don't know why you put Hyouka in parenthesis for the director OP, shoulda put Kyoukai no Kanata (which is the other KyoAni show he directed)

Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU!

Could someone from MAL read this and correct?

Kyoukai no Kanata was really bad and the guy responsible of that, Ishidate, Taichi, is precisely the one who wil be the director of Violet evergarden. It looks like an announced desaster to me.

Hyouka was amazing (it is one of my fav) ... probably because Ishidate Taichi was NOT the director of this anime. Please MAL staff could you change the reference? it's bad information.

Um...you do know that Ishidate was only responsible for directing this PV? He was also episode director for Hyouka, so the information isn't wrong. Like it or not, Kanata's problems arent with direction, but with series composition and script. Ishidate is a pretty great visual director.
NaChiKyoTsuki97May 27, 2016 8:52 PM
Anime talk, music and analysis, plus random moments of inspirations and rants | https://atmafunomena.wordpress.com/
May 27, 2016 8:55 PM

Apr 2016
NaChiKyoTsuki97 said:
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU!

Could someone from MAL read this and correct?

Kyoukai no Kanata was really bad and the guy responsible of that, Ishidate, Taichi, is precisely the one who wil be the director of Violet evergarden. It looks like an announced desaster to me.

Hyouka was amazing (it is one of my fav) ... probably because Ishidate Taichi was NOT the director of this anime. Please MAL staff could you change the reference? it's bad information.

Um...you do know that Ishidate was only responsible for directing this PV? Like it or not, Kanata's problems arent with direction, but with series composition and script. Ishidate is a pretty great visual director.

thanks for the precision, I thought he had some responsability as a director of Kyouka no kanata in this regard. so, if I understand well, I just have to hope that's not the same team that will work on the anime?
Ysad_ZiwezhanMay 27, 2016 9:03 PM
May 27, 2016 9:28 PM
Jul 2018
May 27, 2016 9:32 PM

Aug 2015
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
NaChiKyoTsuki97 said:

Um...you do know that Ishidate was only responsible for directing this PV? Like it or not, Kanata's problems arent with direction, but with series composition and script. Ishidate is a pretty great visual director.

thanks for the precision, I thought he had some responsability as a director of Kyouka no kanata in this regard. so, if I understand well, I just have to hope that's not the same team that will work on the anime?

I know nothing about the official staff at this point (and I doubt that they have been announced yet). From a few bloggers I follow, Kanata's source material, the anime's plot structure and the added material & characters didnt mesh well in the script and composition, which ultimately made it a flawed product. Plus, the LN was half-decent at best.

As an episodic short story series that has actually won the top honours, the source material is guaranteed to be top of its class, plus its episodic nature may actually suit Ishidate's directory style better.

The credits in the youtube video's description only detailed the PV's staff, not the actual anime staff, so there are some pretty wide spread misconceptions in that regard.
Anime talk, music and analysis, plus random moments of inspirations and rants | https://atmafunomena.wordpress.com/
May 27, 2016 10:04 PM

Jul 2015
I'll watch it, looks interesting, I saw the pv a few days ago.
May 28, 2016 12:04 AM

Apr 2016
NaChiKyoTsuki97 said:
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

I know nothing about the official staff at this point (and I doubt that they have been announced yet). From a few bloggers I follow, Kanata's source material, the anime's plot structure and the added material & characters didnt mesh well in the script and composition, which ultimately made it a flawed product. Plus, the LN was half-decent at best.

As an episodic short story series that has actually won the top honours, the source material is guaranteed to be top of its class, plus its episodic nature may actually suit Ishidate's directory style better.

The credits in the youtube video's description only detailed the PV's staff, not the actual anime staff, so there are some pretty wide spread misconceptions in that regard.

Thanks again. You made me somehow a bit more optimistic.
May 28, 2016 1:25 AM

Aug 2014
If the show looks that good then wow.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 28, 2016 1:53 AM

Oct 2011
So why isn't an entry of the anime added to MAL?

May 28, 2016 2:33 AM

Jul 2012
uzee said:
So why isn't an entry of the anime added to MAL?

here

I'm just amazed how KyoAni animation just gets better each time.
May 28, 2016 3:42 AM

Mar 2012
Kyoani i know is already dead.
They told me that this is similar to Mushishi in early 20th Century setting but i have no hopes for this one.

I like Mushishi but this one had very unfitting Atmosphere and it doesn't suit well.
Just another Kyoani's next failure just as i predicted.

Kyoani is already R.I.P. since late 2012.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
May 28, 2016 3:51 AM

Oct 2014
Definitely gonna watch this. Looks great visually and I hope that the story and the characters are on the same level.
May 28, 2016 4:54 AM

Jul 2012
The visuals look great, don't know how they will handle the story, but i think it couldn't be worse than 2 episodes from Musaigen that i watched previous season.

Semen-Demon said:

Kyoani is already R.I.P. since late 2012.

I don't know if one title can be the savior (pretty sure not), but Hibike was and still is one of the best thing that i watched for quite a long time. I'm hyped for the 2nd season and i hope that this show will be good. Other than that nothing worth mentioning.
May 28, 2016 5:12 AM

Mar 2012
allenjke said:

I don't know if one title can be the savior (pretty sure not), but Hibike was and still is one of the best thing that i watched for quite a long time. I'm hyped for the 2nd season and i hope that this show will be good. Other than that nothing worth mentioning.

Hibike is Re-hash of K-on! but sadly it was inferior.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
May 28, 2016 5:16 AM

Jul 2012
Semen-Demon said:
allenjke said:

Hibike is Re-hash of K-on! but sadly it was inferior.

Well it probably is, and i really like K-on and watched it couple of times, but surprisingly i like Hibike more.
May 28, 2016 6:30 AM

Aug 2015
Man, this looks like some gorgeous shit! Insta PTW

I just hope that KyoAni won't butcher this one...
May 28, 2016 6:34 AM

May 2010
Animation in this teaser looks stunning, sasuga KyoAni. I've been thinking a few days ago that it's about time they announce their future series.

Still, I'm worried about the plot, since not counting H!E their most recent series were more of an eye-candy rather than decent stories. It's a shame, really. AFAIK none of their recent series was a huge hit either, at least not like ones they used to produce before, so maybe they will change their direction a little bit after all. I sincerely hope so!
May 28, 2016 9:18 AM
May 2016
NaChiKyoTsuki97 said:
Some extended details about this novel series: from ultimatemegax (anime blogger and translator), who has read the novels.

Violet Evergarden is an "Auto Memories Doll," a robot made to help those who cannot put their thoughts on paper. Throughout her life, Violet meets many people and connects many hearts together through their letters to one another. Though her time with each person is short, the bonds formed during her time with them will not easily be forgotten.

The novel is a collection of short stories, featuring this Violet character, as she meets and helps a number of side characters. Kinda sounds a bit like Mushishi in that regard.

Kinda Reminds me of the Anime Called KoBato
May 28, 2016 11:35 AM

Jun 2012
tbh I don't really like the pv it feels rather awkward for some reason

it's well animated, that's for sure....but there's too many stuff flying/floating around, you can hardly see the details unless you watch the CM a few times because you get too distracted with everyhting else not sure if that was intented but that somehow shows a lack of composition skill

but hey, that may be just me looking too much into it

PD: I may watch it depending on the next PVs

- I only draw freestyle! -
May 28, 2016 7:32 PM

Jul 2014

Action fantasy is

NOT

what KyoAni are good at!

Another wasted season for KyoAni. That's it, I'm writing them off for good.

Edit: It's even episodic, ultimate cancer level reached

horitsubastudent said:
it can't be worst than phantom world right?

Forget Amagi Brilliant Ass already?
Red_TuesdayMay 28, 2016 7:36 PM
May 29, 2016 1:37 AM

Sep 2011
Red_Tuesday said:

Action fantasy is

NOT

what KyoAni are good at!

horitsubastudent said:

If anyone actually thought any of KyoAni Action fantasy were going to be good off the previews they saw: Phantom World, Kyoukai No Kanata, then there's something wrong tbh. Those shows looked terrible from the start.
May 29, 2016 3:28 AM
Jul 2018
More kyoani sameface lol
May 29, 2016 3:46 AM

Aug 2015
Red_Tuesday said:

Action fantasy is

NOT

what KyoAni are good at!

horitsubastudent said:

...Who said its fantasy action? every detail that has since surfaced pointed it at an episodic period/alternate future drama.
May 29, 2016 5:09 AM

Jul 2014
Will keep an eye on this

May 29, 2016 10:53 AM

Dec 2015
Seems promising, hope it isn't all animation and no story.

I wonder how they'll get the money to support that quality animation all the way through its airing.
May 29, 2016 9:36 PM

Mar 2015
I don't know if I'll see this anime, but the time will tell.

The last of KyoAni's works were senseless, especially musaigen. I hope this be a change of air in the right way. :)
May 30, 2016 4:06 AM

Apr 2013
Kuma said:
i am more interesing how original source look like... any original source here? so i know what i expect other than nice visual...

@Red_Tuesday
I'm surprised users here are still not aware of that concerning kyoani.
The novel is obviously being published by KA Esuna bunko, which is their own novel label where they basically publish rookie authors that submited a story they think have potential for an anime (by potential, read : setting, part of the characters, more than the story itself). This is a singular case among LN label, a LN label pretty much made exclusively for the convenience of an anime studio.

When they elect one of those for an anime adaptation, they usually do whatever they want with it. Meaning,
1) considering the reason behind KA esuna bunko's approval for publishing a story, don't expect any form of quality from the original source (doesn't mean they're automatically all bad, but good one would probably get published elsewhere instead...)

2) Don't expect kyoani to respect the original material either. Adding or removing the characters and writing their own scenario is completely possible.

As a matter of fact, as said by someone above, the first and only volume of 'Violet Evergarden' currently out (the second volume should be the last) do NOT have a proper story. Each chapter has its own short story about those characters. So if kyoani want to make a story from it, they'll have to write it themselves anyway.
HENCE if they want to make a love story out of it, that's not a problem for them, since the original material only serves them as a "starting idea" anyway.
ZefyrisMay 30, 2016 4:12 AM
May 30, 2016 6:14 AM
Mar 2012
Tyrel said:
Red_Tuesday said:

Action fantasy is

NOT

what KyoAni are good at!

If anyone actually thought any of KyoAni Action fantasy were going to be good off the previews they saw: Phantom World, Kyoukai No Kanata, then there's something wrong tbh. Those shows looked terrible from the start.

I disagree, Kyoukai no Kanata had an interesting PV as I recall, which was something different from their usual cutesy affair and managed to hide basically all of the moe. With that said it's usually pretty obvious what kind of show KyoAni are making from the first episode...

The best hope for this show is that it's an anthology series ala Mushishi or something like that. Do I think KyoAni will make that? probably not, but when the source material is an anthology of stories and you try and make a plot out of that it often ends in failure, especially because KyoAni's writing team is pretty shit.
May 30, 2016 7:58 PM

Jan 2011
visuals alone this looks amazing but that's to be expected of KyoAni but their track record of lately besides adapting tons of doujin fodder isn't that good...like at all.

first episode will usual be the deciding factor of quality but heres hoping.
Dec 7, 2016 6:41 AM
Feb 2016
sooo... why are so many hating on kyokai no kanata or amagi brilliant park? I find them really good to be honest. if anything it makes me want for more seasons...
People are really picky, hoping for the anime to be just like they want it. I mean, i do that as well, but if it isnt an anime that fit to my tastes, i dont complain...
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
2 minutes ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
5 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
9 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.