Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 21, 2016 1:52 PM

May 2015
Ugh, that was an effective end. :(

The understated comedic moments worked really well for me too. Nico crying, Hisomu perving on Yuta, Yuta's horrible Titan run, and the crew all covered in seaweed... AWW. <3

"Everyone wants to carve their scars into someone else; everyone wants to connect with someone else." -- Sonozaki Noriko, Kiznaiver
May 21, 2016 1:53 PM

May 2014
Yuta cares for Maki so much, my shipper heart exploded many times over!

Next episode - Tenga realises he likes Chidori?!
May 21, 2016 2:17 PM

Jan 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh, it was an okay episode.

I'm not really sold on Honoka's character yet, she's just uninteresting. Although from a story perspective, I think she is important with her relationship with characters like Ruru. The yuri vibes though.. I find that rather awkward seeing as it reflects the story panels from the shoujo manga.

Liked the relaxing atmosphere of the second half of this episode more with the group enjoying the experiences of their life even under the Kiznaiver system. At least Honoka is more accepting towards others even though her personality is still stubborn.

Yuri vibes? Dude, the two loved each other. There's no denying that. Maki admitted to it but said she stopped their relationship from going further because it'd hurt more after she was gone. That was literally the whole point of the episode and the manga obviously paralleled them.

If people feel awkward about this, then with a quick google search, I'm sure 'homophobia' would be the word they're looking for to describe why they're uncomfortable.
JotakakMay 21, 2016 2:20 PM
May 21, 2016 2:23 PM

May 2015
Probably the best episode of this show so far. Gotta love that yuri vibe. But yeah, great episode in my opinion. Seems like Maki can move on now, I hope. That Yuta run, though. LOL.

May 21, 2016 2:35 PM

Apr 2016
Not bad.
With the elements it has, this anime could achieve better results, but they seem to be content with this; after every episode, I have this feeling of "it could be better"...

However! This chapter was pretty awesome. What I most like about serious characters like Maki is when they smile. The only one who was able to change Maki's mind was Yuta, somehow they make a good couple. Beautiful ending scene.

This anime is being a solid 7, for now. Not a masterpiece, but good enough to worth watching it.
RejectedMay 21, 2016 2:39 PM
"You are weak. Why are you weak? Because you lack hatred."
May 21, 2016 2:55 PM

Jan 2008
Enjoying the series but Honoka's conclusion felt pretty weak, was expecting some waterworks.
May 21, 2016 2:55 PM

Mar 2014
I am beginning to think that Okada dumped all of the melodrama in Mayoiga. Still waiting for this to completely go the usual Okada way.

So far not that interesting of a show - just a bunch of people in weird clothes talking about their emotions, just without any actual hook to that.

The show is not bad. The show is not good. The show simply IS.

Let's hope Okada Twist is coming soon.
Pretty much this

It's only average but far from as melodramatic as I initially thought it would be
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 21, 2016 3:03 PM

Dec 2009
Tenga is about to get lost in love? Oh boy. Something tells me the Tenga x Nico arc is about to explode in a bad way. They already handled death and misunderstandings in the series, and they have briefly touched on the love aspects.

I think things are going to go terribly wrong all of a sudden.

And Noriko knew Katsuhira. Seems like they were particularly close among the original kids. I wonder what happened to both of them to make them emotionless husks.
May 21, 2016 3:15 PM

Jun 2011
I think this was the best episode so far.
May 21, 2016 4:08 PM

Jun 2014
So the episode ended with a confession of sorts. I wonder if Honoka is completely de gay or if Yuta has some sort of chance here.

Mintchi said:

...ALSO CAN WE APPRECIATE HOW CUTE NICO IS IN THIS EPISODE SHE IS SO CARING AND AHH I LOVE HER

Nico is sweet, but I feel she and Hisomu have little to no character development so far. And btw your avatar is godly.
May 21, 2016 4:59 PM

Apr 2014
The message that Ruru left for Maki in the last chapter made me cry. The death of someone close after such a painful moment, Maki living with the assumption that the final chapter included those same painful words and then discovering the complete contrary just got to me. Also the scene with Ruru's mother helped build up to that final emotional moment.

I agree with what someone said above about how Maki should have expressed more emotion, but that is just how she is, she isn't very expressive and that is what makes her such a unique character.

This episode is the best work Trigger has ever done imo

May 21, 2016 5:01 PM

Oct 2014
I feel trigger style doesn't fits with drama :/ That's just me but it's like you put KyoAni doing Berserk, it just feels weird regardless of how good it is.

Tenga's getting the spotligth tho. Let's see what Okada is gonna do with his character.

And please, no melodrama. Today's episode was enough. I hope Trigger controlled Okada's urges to get overly dramatic.

Quick note though, I like Maki. Either Nico or Chidori have to get a really good arc to surpass her. I feel Sonozaki won't because it's gonna be yet another tragic backstory to forgive the villain.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
May 21, 2016 5:28 PM

Apr 2014
KoreaWS said:
I feel trigger style doesn't fits with drama :/ That's just me but it's like you put KyoAni doing Berserk, it just feels weird regardless of how good it is.
KyoAni doing berserk would be awesome as their animation is gorgeous and smooth. Just add a slight edge and you have Berserk.
May 21, 2016 5:37 PM

Apr 2014
So Maki's arc take a bit longer to finish huh.
So, who will be the focus next?
Yuta running tho rofl
May 21, 2016 5:53 PM

Jan 2011
good episode i'm okay with the Yuta/Honoka pairing, best Kiznaiver waifu and Husbando

but man that run looking like one of those titans with a run like that lol..
May 21, 2016 5:54 PM
Jul 2018
So they visited that Ruru girl's parents. Liked this episode.
I'm enjoying this show. 5/5 on this episode like always. All these episodes are never boring to me.
May 21, 2016 5:57 PM

Dec 2013
This episode was really touching and great, R.I.P Ruru :( I would like to see some more development between Katsuhira and Chidori though. Let the childhood friend win for once, please :(
May 21, 2016 6:05 PM

Jul 2009
Wow...that was great to watch, the best episode so far.

I didn't expect Yuta to act in that way near the river and break the tension, it was quite funny to see. He handled the situation way better than I've could expect.

Hibikase said:
What an emotional episode! Probably my favorite episode thus far. I was almost on the verge of tearing up and the group dynamic of the Kiznaivers is amazing. I love seeing all the members getting closer to one another ;)

Also, according to photo from Nori-chan, Katsuhira apparently used to have brown hair before the Kiznaiver experiment. Could it be that the rest of the kids from (what I assume to be) the original Kiznaiver experiment died or the experiment simply failed? Any speculations? I predict it was because the kids that they experimented on beforehand were too young and something went wrong during the process. That is why the new experiment uses a batch of much older teenagers for the experiment to build upon their old mistakes.

Seven children? Well it looks like 5 of them died as you can see in the first episode where Nori jumped out of the crane and I don't think Katsuhira was choosen as a coincidence because of the fact of having another seven Kiznaivers again.

Well it's my speculation so maybe they are all alive and maybe not, but let's see how things will go in the next episode.
May 21, 2016 7:01 PM

Sep 2013
Really liked this episode and shows that the Kiznaiver project is actually working pretty well in terms of mending people's hearts. (At least with this group)

Maki's smile is really cute. Has she ever genuinely smiled or laughed up till now?

May 21, 2016 7:27 PM
Apr 2015
i like this episode as much as the last one. I love it when shows are character-driven. didn't expect the yuri touch. Yuta/Honoka reminds me of Yukiatsu/Tsuruko in a small degree. Anyway after her getting over Ruru's death a bit, I hope Yuta gets his chance.
May 21, 2016 8:00 PM

Mar 2015
BlueBalls said:

Whoever designed the characters really nailed the eyes btw, this anime has the prettiest eyes.

This! I was thinking this all episode. Man I love Nico's eyes best.
Best girl Nico for sure but Honoka was good this episode. Canon bi character? um, YES PLEASE

May 21, 2016 9:21 PM
Jan 2015
Darn it, this is the best episode I have witnessed this season. Wow. Thank you Okada for bringing such a good drama.

PS: Here's my blog and I also write weekly overviews about seasonal shows. Please visit if you have the time.
May 21, 2016 10:25 PM

Jun 2015
Can't help but respect yuta after this.
...and yes , i actually think his lame running made him "cooler", if that makes any sense.
May 21, 2016 10:45 PM

Mar 2008
I really liked this episode. The implied yuri, Maki finally letting go of her feelings and accepting her Kiznaiver friends.
May 21, 2016 11:35 PM

Jan 2013
Nice end to the arc it wrapped up well.
May 21, 2016 11:37 PM

Sep 2015
Sad episode but am happy that Maki has gotten over her issue. Yuta running animation was ridiculous. Nico cute as ever.
May 22, 2016 12:00 AM

Jan 2009
lol Yuta runs like a girl there, the sakuga animator made it an awkward run

but really what a nice heart warming episode this is
May 22, 2016 12:27 AM

Dec 2015
Crescent_Star said:
I have every reason to believe that Honoka is at least Bi, and Yuta x Honoka is a thing.

Also, that "swim for my friendship scene" where Yuta ran like a.....Titan? Does he not know how to run?

Good ep.

Omg, I am so glad someone else thought he runs like a titan other than me xDDD. He's an abnormal!!!!

Ok, so that picture that was in this episode was suspicious. I have 2 theories for it. Either they were all part of the original kiznaiver experiment, and it didn't work, since they were too young and empathy isn't really developed well at that age thus making it a failure. Which leads to them re-trying the experiment on the same group at a later age. OR the 2nd option which could be that those kids were relatives of this current kiznaiver group which I think is more unlikely than the first one.

The only thing that is throwing me off in the picture is that they are missing Kacchon in it for some reason. I mean back in the day Kacchon did feel pain, so I wonder if this had something to do with him not being involved in the previous experiment. OR maybe he was involved in a different side experiment similar to the kiznaiver project or an experiment meant to isolate variables in the kiznaiver project thus giving us the current emotionless/pain-free Kacchon we all know now.

What is everyone's thoughts on this? Also is anyone sure if Kacchon can actually feel pain and emotions through this kiznaiver program? He still looks dull and doesn't really have a reaction to when people are hurt or feeling emotional pain. It seems he just reacts based on how the others do. Can someone please clarify this for me, thanks!

Also, so-so episode (2.9/5). I feel like this show still has my invested interest in it, but is boring at the same time. Don't get me wrong, I like character centered shows, but I just don't find this one interesting for some reason. As someone has said before, I did get some Ano Hana vibes from this episode. I still don't really see the Kokoro Connect connection here, other than a group of kids going through a "supernatural tie" between emotions, pain, feelings, etc. I felt Kokoro Connect did a much better job than whatever this is trying to achieve here.
May 22, 2016 1:38 AM
Aug 2011
I actually really liked these two Maki centric episodes. Despite it being a rather typical scenario.
She has won me over and Yuta too, (insert another comment about his running here).
One day they might even learn Katsuhira's name as well.

Although i'm not sold on what we are actually seeming to be heading to, which is the Kiznaiver program and Sonozaki's role in this overall.

KoreaWS said:
that's just me but it's like you put KyoAni doing Berserk

What? That would be damn great. Guts' kawaii face is completely suitable for KyoAni.
standMay 22, 2016 1:53 AM
May 22, 2016 2:45 AM

Jul 2013
I hope this gets a second season ^^
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
May 22, 2016 2:48 AM

Jun 2014
WHAT A GOOD EPISODE.

Although, they never really addressed that fact that the purple haired girl was a HUGE BITCH. And was really manipulative... and kinda abusive.

Also, how come none of them thought the reason the fireworks weren't working was because IT WAS FREAKING RAINING?

Hibikase said:
What an emotional episode! Probably my favorite episode thus far. I was almost on the verge of tearing up and the group dynamic of the Kiznaivers is amazing. I love seeing all the members getting closer to one another ;)

Also, according to photo from Nori-chan, Katsuhira apparently used to have brown hair before the Kiznaiver experiment. Could it be that the rest of the kids from (what I assume to be) the original Kiznaiver experiment died or the experiment simply failed? Any speculations? I predict it was because the kids that they experimented on beforehand were too young and something went wrong during the process. That is why the new experiment uses a batch of much older teenagers for the experiment to build upon their old mistakes.

I really want to know what's up with this picture too. I want to find out what happened to those kids.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
May 22, 2016 3:09 AM

Mar 2013
Probably, the main reason I'm watching Kiznaiver is because of their group's dynamic and chemistry, I love it. I hope that in the next chapters, we can finally see more development on the past of Katsuhira and Noriko. I'm happy for Honoka and the gang, really good episode.

Cejara said:

The only thing that is throwing me off in the picture is that they are missing Kacchon in it for some reason. I mean back in the day Kacchon did feel pain, so I wonder if this had something to do with him not being involved in the previous experiment. OR maybe he was involved in a different side experiment similar to the kiznaiver project or an experiment meant to isolate variables in the kiznaiver project thus giving us the current emotionless/pain-free Kacchon we all know now.

Actually, Kacchon is in the picture. He is the brown-haired boy holding young Noriko's hand. I believe that them having a past has been shown a couple times already in the past, with the flashbacks and all.
BlumenkranzzzMay 22, 2016 3:17 AM
Roronoa Zoro is love. Roronoa Zoro is life.
May 22, 2016 4:19 AM

Feb 2016
What if:

So, Noriko jumps and splats killing 5 of the 6 kizuna peers she has, almost killing Katsuhira, but she herself remains undamaged. The Kizuna groups keeps her because she has ... kizuna resistance or whatever ... and can be used as some sort of uber soldier (if bound with a bunch of people they will all die before her of her wounds; this also makes her a possible final boss?). Katsuhira gets discarded, even though he survied, because of severe nerve damage (and amnesia?). But maybe they gave up on the soldier thing (because resources?) and wanted to close the program, and probably some wanted to show that this program can be used for good too somehow (with less resources) - and thats how we get the current plot. Some bad guy will show up at the end saying that they should go and kill some people cause thats what they were ment to do, and the cast will unite and defeat him with the power of friendship.

Tbh, I'll be fine with that.
May 22, 2016 4:40 AM

Apr 2016
Karrwin said:
What if:

So, Noriko jumps and splats killing 5 of the 6 kizuna peers she has, almost killing Katsuhira, but she herself remains undamaged. The Kizuna groups keeps her because she has ... kizuna resistance or whatever ... and can be used as some sort of uber soldier (if bound with a bunch of people they will all die before her of her wounds; this also makes her a possible final boss?). Katsuhira gets discarded, even though he survied, because of severe nerve damage (and amnesia?). But maybe they gave up on the soldier thing (because resources?) and wanted to close the program, and probably some wanted to show that this program can be used for good too somehow (with less resources) - and thats how we get the current plot. Some bad guy will show up at the end saying that they should go and kill some people cause thats what they were ment to do, and the cast will unite and defeat him with the power of friendship.

Tbh, I'll be fine with that.

It was awesome, seriously. Until I got to the point of the "power of friendship".
Why is it always like that? Why? :v
"You are weak. Why are you weak? Because you lack hatred."
May 22, 2016 5:06 AM

Dec 2013
This episode was pretty damn good. Yuta's run actually reminds me of one of my best friends, and despite that sort of run he's one of the manliest men I know in all other aspects.

I love how they show the situation in so many perspectives. Ruru's parents are doting of their daughter, and wish for her to live as happy a life as she can in the short time she had, which is why they would consider best friend Maki abandoning her as the ultimate betrayal. They would never be able to see the situation in Maki's eyes because they don't understand their daughters relationship with her, and they wouldn't understand what Maki was thinking.

Maki herself felt horrible after leaving her friend to her own devices, and you could say that she was selfish for stepping away from a relationship that, if left to continue, would be extremely painful for her when Ruru leaves the world. That said, one would consider her actions to be a self-defense mechanism. After all, not everyone in this world can be selfless saints. Her reactions are understandable and what I would consider normal.

Katsuhira and the rest of them this episode did really well to solve Maki's problems in their own way. Niko was soo cute bawling her eyes out, and Tenga really does come out with great ideas. I loved how Agata is showing more of a willingness to participate in these things now, being the second one to support Tenga's idea after Niko. Shows a bit of character development if you ask me.

Looking forward to next episode now. I get the feeling that Tenga's love interest will actually be outside the group, otherwise them as a group will go through a myriad of weird emotions.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 22, 2016 5:20 AM

Mar 2016
Really enjoyed this episode!
And the scene where Hisomu is sharing his good looking vibes with Yuta xD

Hoping for some Tenga next episode tho
May 22, 2016 5:40 AM
Oct 2014
that mascot being high af
May 22, 2016 5:53 AM

Oct 2015
A decent conclusion but personally I don't think the Maki arc needed more than an episode. Understandable she didn't want to invest in a relationship that would end in heartbreak but being friends with her would have caused the heartbreak upon her death regardless. As it evidently has. Also choosing not to act on those feelings despite admitting to having them is a bit selfish when you consider Ruru's short lifespan. Ruru died heartbroken and Maki was left guilt-ridden. Well, they're teenagers after all. All in all, it was a bit too melodramatic for me but I did like the fact that they finally and officially became friends.

And as for Yuta's flamboyant run, I noticed it in earlier episodes.

Good to know it was intentional lol

Now the preview indicates some well deserved time will be spent on my favourite character Tenga next week. Can't wait.
May 22, 2016 6:49 AM

May 2013
the past between Ruru and Maki is so sad and painful but filled with unexplainable love too
this anime is kinda deep, loving this 5/5
May 22, 2016 7:01 AM

Jun 2013
you could cut the yuri tension with a knife
May 22, 2016 7:16 AM
Mar 2015
Loved this episode. The character interactions are fantastic for this series. Not even that interested in what the Kiznaiver system endgame is to be honest, really just wanna see the Kiznaivers get closer and closer. Which, I think, was likely the goal of Trigger.
May 22, 2016 7:29 AM

Apr 2015
Basically this is the best episode so far. With the feel vibes and great soundtracks too.

Anyway, that Yuta's run though xD
May 22, 2016 8:04 AM

May 2010
Eh, do people normally keep that many photos of their dead relatives? Idk it doesn't seem right to me... Like. Materialistic and all. Even if that's not the case, it makes it very hard to move on with your life. It's like you are living in your past, just one or two are enough. Then again, it's trigger so they probably exaggerated it on purpose.

I agree with Nico, there's no obligation to be with your friends 24/7. You can be apart and still like them.

I like how straightforward and honest Kacchon is.

I really liked how straightforwardly Nico proposed that they all can become Honoka's best friends, she's really cute <3
Also the rain scene was beautiful!

Man, Maki is merciless. Telling them to swim in that bad weather.
I'm impressed by Yuta's guts. Everyone was perfect there.
Awh, Ruru was a sweet girl all along. And Maki has finally already forgiven herself...

This episode was the best so far!

"Nico!"
May 22, 2016 8:23 AM

Apr 2012
I cried ; -;
Liked it! The last chapter of the manga was well done.
And I love the way they use "i like your smile" instead of "i like you"
I think its so much more meaningful weather in friendship or romantic way.
May 22, 2016 8:48 AM
Jul 2015
The use of color in this episode was really well done too IMO. I especially liked how they used harsher reds to symbolize Honoka's guilt throughout the episode and then gradually dilute the colors as she opens up more and shares her pain.
This is man's ultimate fighting machine. The synthetic life form know as Evangelion, Unit 01. Built here in secret, it is mankind’s last hope.
May 22, 2016 9:22 AM

Apr 2015
The flashbacks first half were insanely powerful and inventive, among the best scenes this season

Quite well made in almost every way, only gripe for me was that I don't like Honoka very much
May 22, 2016 10:32 AM

Apr 2014
lezerman said:
That yuri tension was so sexy.

Tehee, thought so too.
That manga looked good as well, might read if it existed..
---------My Profile------------
May 22, 2016 10:53 AM

Feb 2014
Yuta's run towards the sea was hilarious. Equally hilarious was Tenga picking up Hisomu, running while holding him and then throwing him into the sea! XD

The drama was powerful and effective for Maki's past, seeing her with Ruru as they worked on their first and only together. The yuri scene was a surprise though, but it was really well done. =)

At least Maki should be able to move on now. Great episode!
May 22, 2016 10:54 AM

May 2015
yuta sissy's running mode was ridiculous, i laugh so hard
May 22, 2016 11:12 AM

Jan 2013
wow the drama was deep and not forced with a great conclusion , thats pretty rare these days

also art is as great as ever
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

364 by FISHERMANCJ »»
Apr 12, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

310 by Accelise_ »»
Apr 8, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

186 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 6, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

401 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 6, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

205 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 5, 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.