Forum Settings
Forums

What makes modern view of gender different from personality types?

New
Apr 30, 2016 4:07 PM
Feb 2014
So, it is now popular to have many new different genders. So I wonder, in what way is this approach to gender different from personality types?
Apr 30, 2016 10:41 PM

Nov 2015
Is this new approach to gender types bad, in your view, or is it the personality types?

Because if you're trying to defy one using the other then you have to specify which one is the bad one so we can debate that.

If that's not the case, then there's not much difference in the two apart from the fact that personality types makes much more sense than the gender shtick.
Apr 30, 2016 10:43 PM

May 2015
what do fake genders have to do with personality types? wot
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Apr 30, 2016 10:46 PM

Mar 2015
Well this is certainly a very enlightening thread. I feel God's infinite wisdom flowing into my brain.
Apr 30, 2016 10:50 PM

Jan 2015
FloatingIdiot said:
Well this is certainly a very enlightening thread. I feel God's infinite wisdom flowing into my brain.

Why do you even come onto this forum? Nobody wants you here.
Apr 30, 2016 10:54 PM

Aug 2013
Oh you like pink, you know fashion and you dislike sports you must be a woman trapped in a mans body you're gender something or other. Its nonsense. People are men and women and in those we're all individuals all expressing a wide variety of emotions feelings and personalities. The idea that beyond this you have to fall into sub categories. Oh you do this or like this that makes you bi gender, oh you dress like this that makes you gender fluid.

The two sex based gender stereotypes are guidelines of more likely personality traits based on your sex. Not set in stone patterns that if you don't fall completely into it must mean you're some other sub gender. hardly anyone matches their gender stereotype to the letter. Been outside an extreme stereotype doesn't make you not your gender based on sex.

Seriously world.

Apr 30, 2016 10:57 PM
Feb 2014
>gender
>modern view

Pick one.

Also the good personality types aren't necessarily just masculine or just feminine, just a personality that doesn't even care about gender and gender binary (which is forced upon by a shitton of people who aren't even outside the binary) shit to begin with or better yet, not have irrational emotions bent towards that topic, whether it's "progressive" or not.

Literally shut up is what I'd do.
Apr 30, 2016 11:08 PM

Jan 2014
ModeratelyHuman said:
FloatingIdiot said:

I forced him to come back. We need a little more excitement and intellectual battles around here.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Apr 30, 2016 11:22 PM

Apr 2016
this acceptence of these science projects disguise as humans is disgust i do not like this era, no freedom of speak since no one allowed to hate on these 2 gender monsters make me want to go back to sexist and racist era and i am ethnic mysefl that how much i hate this era it too accepting so bulshit

just deport me already donaldo trump...country is disgust...
Apr 30, 2016 11:37 PM

Mar 2015
ModeratelyHuman said:
FloatingIdiot said:

Wow I don't even know who you are but I'm glad I got my haters back :)
Apr 30, 2016 11:56 PM

Jan 2015
RedRoseFring said:
ModeratelyHuman said:

I forced him to come back. We need a little more excitement and intellectual battles around here.

What... Well I do consider your well uh, way of thinking to be similar to his, at least you aren't a cancerous asshole like a certain someone.
Apr 30, 2016 11:57 PM

Jan 2015
FloatingIdiot said:
ModeratelyHuman said:

Wow I don't even know who you are but I'm glad I got my haters back :)

You mistook me for Poetic justice once. That was funny.
May 1, 2016 12:05 AM
Mar 2016
Spooks said:
hardly anyone matches their gender stereotype to the letter.
speak for yourself, I am the epitome of my gender

May 1, 2016 12:13 AM

Jun 2015
Spooks said:
Oh you like pink, you know fashion and you dislike sports you must be a woman trapped in a mans body you're gender something or other. Its nonsense. People are men and women and in those we're all individuals all expressing a wide variety of emotions feelings and personalities. The idea that beyond this you have to fall into sub categories. Oh you do this or like this that makes you bi gender, oh you dress like this that makes you gender fluid.

The two sex based gender stereotypes are guidelines of more likely personality traits based on your sex. Not set in stone patterns that if you don't fall completely into it must mean you're some other sub gender. hardly anyone matches their gender stereotype to the letter. Been outside an extreme stereotype doesn't make you not your gender based on sex.

Seriously world.

This was kinda hard to read since it lacked the usage of commas, and I really don't understand this topic to begin with but I think you were talking about how personality should be separated from gender types?

I do agree with you that people shouldn't be classified to a specific gender when acting a certain way. However, whenever I hear gender, I don't think of how one identifies with themselves, but biologically. While I did research the various gender types, I understand them, but at the same time I don't because of a lot of the same terms are used over and over again.

Also, if you search the definition of gender, you will see that the primary definition is the "state of being a male or female biologically", with different social and cultural references.

Of course I'm not against different types of gender.
May 1, 2016 2:10 AM

May 2015
Gender is rooted in the concept of biological sex, which is a proven fact.

I don't think personality types have a scientific ground as strong as biological sex.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 1, 2016 5:17 AM
Feb 2014
Trance- said:
Is this new approach to gender types bad, in your view, or is it the personality types?

Because if you're trying to defy one using the other then you have to specify which one is the bad one so we can debate that.

If that's not the case, then there's not much difference in the two apart from the fact that personality types makes much more sense than the gender shtick.

Well, I don't think the new approach to gender is very useful. We already have personality types which are in my opinion more accurate and useful.

Gender used to be almost the same thing as sex but now it has a different meaning that has little to do with biology.

I am just wondering if the modern approach to gender is useful and would it not be better to use personality types and make them even more accurate?

TheBrainintheJar said:

I don't think personality types have a scientific ground as strong as biological sex.

The modern approach to gender seems to be much different from sex. Sex is biological while the new approach to gender seems to have very little with biology and more with personality.
May 2, 2016 8:47 AM

May 2015
narutobirama said:
Trance- said:

Well, I don't think the new approach to gender is very useful. We already have personality types which are in my opinion more accurate and useful.

Gender used to be almost the same thing as sex but now it has a different meaning that has little to do with biology.

I am just wondering if the modern approach to gender is useful and would it not be better to use personality types and make them even more accurate?

TheBrainintheJar said:

The modern approach to gender seems to be much different from sex. Sex is biological while the new approach to gender seems to have very little with biology and more with personality.

I haven't been convinced by 'gender is a scale! Every is whatever they want to be!". This approach has little scientific background and mostly 'people want to say they're genderqueer'. I mean, maybe I'm missing something but I don't get the whole foundation of 'gender is a scale' and what makes it so different than biological sex.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 2, 2016 9:16 AM

May 2015
Is this just another gender roles conversation?

If so I fail to see how gender connects to personality. Sure there are some hormones that might be more prevalent in various genders but they have very little effect on personality compared to the actual person's overall experiences and innate mindset.
May 2, 2016 9:31 AM

Apr 2016
It isn't. I think they know this and are trying to abolish ideas of what a gender should be. Like they are under the impression male means strong, tough, independent, etc. Then they try to abolish this by doing the same thing but overloading the concept with hundreds of made up genders.

This would be fine if they weren't arguing against gender completely but just the ideas attached to the gender. But they want both gone not just one and the genitals between your legs beg to differ. Also your insides.
May 2, 2016 9:34 AM

May 2013
cause every1 tryna be a hipster and be cool n chit with this 2016 non sense u feel me dog like its all about equality and u can be a carrot if u sexually identify as it!! yea!!
May 2, 2016 9:37 AM

Sep 2012
A personality is how you act, an identity is how you identify. It's looking out vs looking in.

You could ask the same thing about binary gender roles, btw. If masculine = XYZ personality traits, and feminine = ABC personality traits, then what's the difference between gender identity and personality?
May 2, 2016 9:40 AM

Jan 2016
gender what, im a guy but im happy as girl, not confused in the slightest here :P

More topics from this board

» can you tolerate spicy food?

removed-user - Mar 31

45 by SnipeStrike »»
4 minutes ago

» Is the word 'simp' fallen out of context in 2024?

Kiryotsu - Yesterday

29 by Adnash »»
29 minutes ago

» How do you improve in English ( 1 2 )

DeleteMyAccPls - Feb 18, 2018

59 by englishe »»
35 minutes ago

» Do you celebrate your Birthday

ST63LTH - Yesterday

28 by zzz »»
50 minutes ago

» Has anyone ever told you in real life that "You are enough"?

LenRea - Apr 30

46 by Rhae »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.