Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
May 6, 2016 1:50 AM
Apr 2015
BasilBoo said:
Another cheesy super hero anime. 'You did the right thing' I want something that is more like 'Even if you did the right thing, fuck you' kind of anime.

BnHA isn't monster, but it does eventually get to the "Even if you did the right thing, fuck you".
This season won't have much of that though.
May 6, 2016 3:43 AM

Dec 2014
still the anime seems inspirational to me
May 7, 2016 8:53 PM

Nov 2015
Deku's punch was strong. Poor him, that punch was painful

May 10, 2016 11:45 AM

Apr 2011
I just started this anime today, and I'm already hooked with it!

I like how Deku smiled at the end of this episode XD

May 13, 2016 11:48 PM

Mar 2016
fcking goosebumps by the end of the episode. HE PASSED YAY ^O^
May 19, 2016 11:59 PM

Jun 2015
Second part was so emotional, the OSTs were amazing
May 26, 2016 12:30 PM

Nov 2015
Really great episode. So much bravery. A true hero from Deku. LOL. I laughed at recovery girl.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2016 6:27 PM

Apr 2016
Man, this episode was awesome. Very powerful and emotional stuff.

My only problem with this episode is that I can't believe no one else down there thought that the point system was too sketchy, and that it obviously required doing actual heroics to pass. And this is literally everyone (until 4-eyes starts to question it himself).

My other problem is with the series itself. I don't particularly like how the show demands that the MC must have a quirk. The message of the show is that being a hero is not about superpowers, and it definitely gets the point across, but it still relies on those same superpowers anyways. Don't give the kid any quirks, that would make the message that much clearer and more understood.

But that's just my opinion.
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Jun 16, 2016 1:29 PM

Sep 2013
^this is a world with superpowers, a quirk is necessary otherwise he dies.

The entrance exam begins and Midoraya messes up but it's all fine in the end because he saved Ochako and went against the big robot.
All Might with his fancy suit :)
Jun 28, 2016 3:40 PM

Dec 2009
Fuck yeah that punch was awesome!
Jun 29, 2016 1:07 PM

Jun 2009
Even though the result was super predictable this was the first decent episode.

If only that dude didn't have a face I just want to punch whenever I see it...
Jul 1, 2016 5:48 PM

May 2012
It was pretty obvious he was going to be allowed in with doing that act, but it sure was pretty impressive! Looking forward to see what's next.
Jul 2, 2016 8:03 AM

Jun 2016
It was an okay episode (3.5/5). I absolutely do not see why people are getting all feelsy about anything. I hardly feel any attachment at all to the MC, and we knew he'd be passing anyway. Shonen trope. In fact, it was silly for them to drag that scene out so much.

Wasn't anyone else annoyed that it *had* to be that girl who was trapped beneath the rubble? Not only was that a typical Damsel in Distress scenario, but what irked me the most that her quirk could easily deal with it. Just make the piece of rubble float, and done. It would have worked better if there was some random stranger trapped.

Heard a lot about this show, so I came into it with fairly high expectations - hasn't met it so far, but it's been decent enough. Had some good laughs at the theatricality, especially young Midoriya's expressions in the flashbacks. And All Might is All Right. I suppose I should drop the disclaimer that the last shonen I watched was HxH, so I suppose anything following that will have to work double hard to seem impressive.
Jul 7, 2016 11:32 AM

Mar 2015
I knew he'd end up with dead zero points but somehow would still pass! Another brilliant episode!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 8, 2016 7:39 AM

Jul 2013
That was so cliche yet still so much fun. I was grinning like an idiot the whole episode.
Jul 8, 2016 11:46 AM

Aug 2014
Waited to see that punch animated for a while now and it was glorious!
Jul 20, 2016 9:15 AM

Feb 2015
This whole episode was painfully cliché and predictable.

What I don't understand is why people need to go to an academia to become the greatest heroes. Being a hero isn't about things you learn in some school, but about saving people's lives.
I don't understand why everyone who had no trouble beating up the regular bots, even fighting over them amongst each other, but then suddenly turn and run like a bunch of cowards at the sight of a larger bot that didn't even attack (lol). And these are the people they trust to become heroes? Pfft.
Of course the girl had to fall and be rescued by the guy. That was the most cliché thing they could have done, and did do. It would have been more interesting to see all the other heroes try to attack it, but fail to do significant damage, and then have Izuku beat the crap out of it. That might have been more interesting to watch.
How did the girl free herself from the rubble so quickly? Between Izuku running at her when she was still helplessly trapped and when he fell to the ground wasn't even a full minute.

Weakest episode thus far.
Jul 20, 2016 1:02 PM

Sep 2011
Seriously this anime is so damn inspiring!
Jul 22, 2016 2:08 PM

Sep 2014
Great episode. Got both action and emotions :)
Jul 31, 2016 7:14 PM

Dec 2013
Xenocrisi said:
Why do I cry at every fucking episode.

The feels are strong in this one.
IKR.
I can't stop watching this show, just AMAZING.
Aug 2, 2016 3:15 PM

Jul 2012
All the feels ;__;

I really want to know more about nice best girl :)
Aug 6, 2016 11:42 PM

Dec 2012
Holy shit! That whole saving Ochacho sequence was badass. His whole arm looked crazy after that smash.

I think the reason I'm still surprised by how the mom looks now is due to me experiencing that irl.

I'm sure Deku would have loved it if Ochaco gave up something else to him instead. ;)

All Might: This is your hero academia.

ROLL CREDITS!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 27, 2016 9:40 PM

Sep 2013
I'm really enjoying the crap out of this show!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 30, 2016 1:05 AM

Apr 2016
Dat big bomb Izuku landed on the big robo... I am digging the anime more and more after each episode!
Oct 18, 2016 8:04 PM

Mar 2012
Freaking epic! Love the energy in this anime. They would've been crazy not to pass him after he risked his skin saving the girl from the giant robot.
Nov 5, 2016 8:42 PM
Jun 2012
This is gold. It's amazing how they put together all this silliness and then it explodes into epic. Well done.
Dec 9, 2016 7:07 PM

Jul 2013
I have no words. When Deku smashed that Robo I was like "OMFG WTF IS GOING ON???!?", sooo epic.
A really nice surprise and so much courage again of him when he rescued Ochako.

This show has such a great mix of fun, action and emotional moments <3

All Might looked pretty good in that suit at the end and I'm really happy for Deku that he succeeded the test. From episode to episode I love this show more and more. :)

Jan 7, 2017 7:47 PM

May 2013
Oh shitttttt D: I hope Deku's body becomes ready soon because that healer won't be there in the battlefield for him ><
Feb 18, 2017 9:33 PM

Jan 2017
I'm starting this because i loved one punch man, Ive never got this emotional over an anime, I cried during this episode, and when he tried to save his friend in ep2. I love this anime so much, amazing episode
Mar 2, 2017 11:28 AM

Oct 2008
Oh My God! this episode made me really cry!!! I didn't felt any emotions on ep 1 to 3 but this one was so emotional!
5/5!

Mar 8, 2017 4:15 AM

Oct 2015
Hell yeah, he got in. He deserved it regardless after cleaning the beach.
Apr 10, 2017 9:31 PM

Jun 2013
So this is what happens when you only have superhuman strength, and lack the secondary superpowers like superhuman durability and stamina. I can't recall the last time I've seen something like this happen, so that's pretty cool. The twist makes sense, it would be stupid if they didn't give points for heroic actions.

I liked that Glasses Guy took some time to self-reflect. Ochako is also pretty neat, her power has a fun drawback (not so fun for her probably) and she's just a generally kind person. She will probably be Izuku's very first friend here. It's hard to predict what their dynamic will look like, though, as they're so similar in their disposition.

Izuku's mom is absolutely precious. Seems like being a crybaby runs in the family.

>Wasn't anyone else annoyed that it *had* to be that girl who was trapped beneath the rubble? Not only was that a typical Damsel in Distress scenario, but what irked me the most that her quirk could easily deal with it. Just make the piece of rubble float, and done. It would have worked better if there was some random stranger trapped.

I totally agree, it could have easily been anyone else. Indeed, it looks unfortunate when you put it like that. I think the meta reason is that it was a convenient shortcut that allowed Izuku to instantly befriend Ochako. Might be lazy writing, but maybe it will be explored later in an interesting way.
LeeTailorApr 10, 2017 9:37 PM
Apr 12, 2017 1:37 AM

Jun 2008
I admit i never felt that excited about it while reading this manga chapters but as an anime is actually quite a lot more engaging and fun.

Fai said:
This continues to be by-the-book derivative shonen filled with cliches beyond even definition of cringe.

Literally not even single thing in the episode surprised me and most of the time it felt like I am watching early Nardo episodes...and thats not a good thing for a show that is supposedly second coming of jesus christ.

The MC is still unbearably whiny and annoying tryhard goodie two shoes with no redeeming qualities, the world is still poorly fleshed out and boringly black and white (superheroes and villains y'all!) and there's nothing to make this different from ten thousand shonen shows that already exist.

If this was in anyway good show, we could maybe deal with the idea of destruction that "superheroes" cause and how unrealistically taxing it is for the normal people and the world. We would get actual politics and social commentary about idea of superhero and how nothing is clearcut black and white and how foolish the idea itself is, but nope. Instead we have annoying whiny crybaby trying to git gud for four episodes already. There's nothng even resembling plot or meta-commentary or mystery. Cringe, cringe cringe.

So far this feels like I watched the same episode four times. And there's no real feel or hook that would make this feel like it's own thing. Its hard to drop the show halfway but if next episode does not do anything interesting, this is it for me.

This takes the superhero coat and puts it on generic shonen narrative. It would not be as insulting if shows like Tiger&Bunny, Concrete Revolutio or Samurai Flamenco did not exist, or if Bones was not doing conrevo's second season right now, but the fact at how by the book straightforward this is is just so annoying. Watching something as generic and boring as this just after pondering deep philosophical questions and meta narrative presented in Conrevo episode and just as you are waiting for show of the season, Re:Zero is the worst.

2/5 for the episode.

Although i am certain as a big long running manga it will at some points try to show some issues but in the end this still is a dream story about a boy becoming hero.
It's supposed to be a feel good story but for some reason you want it to be a dark anguish one and you accuse it for being simple like being a feel good simple story means that it's bad in itself.

To me it seems that you simply wanted to watch something else really and pick the wrong show and now you blame it for it instead of yourself.
Not every show has to be Attack on Titan or Madoka to be good. Something simple and nice can still be good.
May 2, 2017 10:53 PM

Apr 2015
Dayum that punch was epic

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jun 6, 2017 7:03 PM

Feb 2013
Holy. Shit.
I'm hooked. Plain and simple. I love both the OP and ED, I love the characters (Ochako best girl) and I love the granny nurse. I love her.
I thought I wouldn't really like this at first but alas, I was wrong. Hope the next few chapters are as good as this one.
Jun 11, 2017 6:42 PM
Nov 2016
I'm really enjoying this so far. It has a really good sense of charm and personality.
Jul 6, 2017 11:25 AM

May 2016
That was truly epic.
Jul 21, 2017 10:25 AM

Apr 2014
i really like the nice girl that helps the MC, she's not overly annoying or anything. she's so adorable
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2017 8:00 PM

Jun 2009
I think Deku passing works quite well. He's training to be a superhero, yo and self sacrifice is obviously a defining trait of a superhero. Hell, it's why he caught All Might's interest in the first place. Now Deku should definitely not be completely happy with his performance, but he should know that he made the right choice. I love that he still thought it was right even when he thought he failed.

And, fucking ouch at the broken arm and leg. Someone mentioning him beating himself up in a previous thread but I didn't really see that coming.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 16, 2017 7:43 PM
May 2012
she can easily lift those debris up, right?
Sep 11, 2017 7:40 PM

Jun 2011
I feel like that little kid is ruining the series for me with his constant crying and whining. Like come on, man, toughen up already!

I'm starting to kind of like Uraraka. She seems like a sweetheart so far. But I have read about her and she seems like this angelic kid who does nothing wrong. It's rare to see a little girl like her come along, most little kids are selfish, bratty, mean, short-tempered especially around her age and even younger. She doesn't seem like the typical bratty teenage/child.

I wonder what's going to happen next.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Sep 29, 2017 6:31 PM

May 2010
It was beyond predictible, and I don't mean it as in "he's MC so he had to pass", because duh, obviously, but for the rest of characters - they are planning to get into HERO Academia, wouldn't it make total sense for them to perform HEROIC acts whenever they can show off lol? So in that case, it's their loss :>

I'm glad potential-love-interest looks like such a nice girl, finally a non-bitch character in shounen series :3
Nov 7, 2017 2:02 PM

Jan 2017
Zas! In your face!
Karasuno Fight!!!
Nov 24, 2017 1:54 PM

Jan 2014
Not quite feeling it yet.
Slightly entertaining, yes, but still not really liking it.
Dec 16, 2017 11:45 PM

Feb 2015
I do love the nerdy Star Wars nods...Ochako's rainbow puke made me think of Aqua in KonoSuba haha. Seems like most of those kids don't understand what it means to be a "real" hero yet...

Jan 1, 2018 5:30 PM
Jun 2013
man must of squeezed his butt really hard. nice slap save lol. Also he might have not been batman but at least deku power is a big risk and reward type thing. good thing your actually awarded for being an actual hero.
Jan 8, 2018 1:10 PM
Mar 2017
So sad it took me this long to finally watch this, but damn am I glad I finally did. Amazing to watch his progression and his heartfelt love towards becoming a hero
Jan 12, 2018 1:26 PM

Mar 2014
I feel like I'm rewatching the typical shounen formula except neither the characters nor the story are engaging so far. That doesn't mean I don't find it entertaining though. I just hope it will improve once there's more room for development. Deku is a sensitive, sweet guy but he's always sniveling. Ochako seems like a cute girl, she's very considerate. I'm a sucker for fun moments between friendly groups so I hope that we get some high school moments later.
Feb 15, 2018 10:37 PM

Sep 2011
Amazing punch. No doubt that Deku will become a great hero.
May 7, 2018 7:46 AM
Sep 2017
One punch man jr is here!!!!!!!

Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

» Useless Quirk Theory

Sir_Zedmore - May 4

15 by Sir_Zedmore »»
Yesterday, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

438 by TheVistrian »»
May 3, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

334 by TheVistrian »»
May 3, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

277 by TheVistrian »»

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

296 by TheVistrian »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.