Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2016 5:20 PM
Dec 2015
krazykillerkurt said:
It's better than how I pictured it to be. I was able to understand scenes in the manga better because it's now animated. I'm guessing this is going to stay an 8.

I agree!!! I read a couple chapters but didn't understand what was happening.
Apr 6, 2016 5:22 PM

Aug 2015
I'm reading the manga too and that first episode was perfectly adapted. Many people won't watch because of the shonen-ai tag which is kinda sad since the story is much more than that...
Apr 6, 2016 5:26 PM

Mar 2015
Had to write a paper for the university the whole day BUT NOW I WILL WATCH IT X'D
Apr 6, 2016 5:31 PM

Apr 2014
To be honest I wouldn't mind if Super Lovers didn't go for the romance route and just let the 2 main characters deepen their brotherly bond. So far it would even feel more natural but I'm interested to know how their relationship will develop in the future.
Ren is pretty cute and has a pretty dark past. Wonder what really happened with him at the orphenage.
Apr 6, 2016 5:40 PM

Mar 2015
OMG <3, RenxHaru so cute couples T___T *nosebleeds* I like Haru though the beautiful green eyes <3... And the ending scene :/... could that be some tragic happened to his family? :( I'm quite curious now.
Apr 6, 2016 5:41 PM

Oct 2014
Miketsukami said:
Many people won't watch because of the shonen-ai tag which is kinda sad since the story is much more than that...

It's a shame marrow-minded individuals will miss out on series like From the New World, Ajin, Knights of Sidonia and Super Lovers over ridiculous, petty reasons like CGI and shounen-ai.
crestofhonestyApr 14, 2016 5:50 PM
Apr 6, 2016 5:53 PM

Aug 2013
crestofhonesty said:
Miketsukami said:
Many people won't watch because of the shonen-ai tag which is kinda sad since the story is much more than that...

It's a shame marrow-minded individuals will miss out on series like From the new World, Ajin, Knights of Sidonia and Super Lovers over ridiculous, petty reasons like CGI and shounen-ai.

I think more people are turned off by Ren and Haru's age difference. It screams Boku no Pico to many people.
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Apr 6, 2016 5:53 PM

Jan 2013
Cute episode. I forgot everything that happened in the manga so this is a nice refresher.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2016 5:55 PM

Mar 2013
Just as expected~ I'm glad to have finally seen an animated version of this manga.
I'm surprised as how many people is scandalized by the kiss wasn't by any means intended to be romantic or sexual. I thought it was adorable. That scenery is gorgeous as well. Good start! I'm looking forward to see grown up Ren.
Apr 6, 2016 5:57 PM

Feb 2015
Hmmm the age difference is a bit... for me. But I didn't see anything too wrong with the kiss. I kiss my mom even now as an adult. I'm sure it happened as a kid too.

Well, I'm not dropping it, this is part of my challenge to try new genres.
Apr 6, 2016 6:01 PM

Oct 2014
waterfallsxo said:
I think more people are turned off by Ren and Haru's age difference. It screams Boku no Pico to many people.

Yeah, probably does. I mean I do get it, though it seems ridiculous personally for people to compare Super Lovers to Boku no Pico. That's just me tho, so w/e. People are entitled to feel how they feel about an anime. It's just animation after-all.
Apr 6, 2016 6:11 PM
Jul 2015
this is cute, but those two are really going to be romantically involved later? i kinda want it to stay platonic...
i dont want this to turn into a generic shitty bl anime
Apr 6, 2016 6:14 PM

Apr 2008
lol the welgreens aspirin. This episode was cute...ren is freaking adorable. It has been a while since I read the manga so I really do not remember much about what happens.
Apr 6, 2016 6:27 PM

Mar 2015
I don't get the problem people have in this thread. Even so called fujoshis seem to have a problem with this show. Why?

I already wrote it months ago when Super Lovers anime adaption was announced: Episode 1 is probably (except for flashbacks) the only time we see Ren in his child form. I don't consider this a spoiler because the PV hinted at it: there is a time skip.

So please spare us with your shotacon alert. Thank you.

If you like Love Stage!! or Nakamura's elementary school drawings then feel free to do so.

I only know that a lot of fans of the genre are glad that once in a while a good yaoi manga is made into an anime. This happens rare enough. We not celebrate it?

But all I hear is 'bleh bleh he is so young bleh creepy bleh i like gender benders more meh meh'.

Please spare us.

Oh and yes: Episode 1 definitely 5 out of 5 creepy shotacon teddy bears!

Over and out.
Apr 6, 2016 6:35 PM

Jul 2012
Helenus said:
I don't get the problem people have in this thread. Even so called fujoshis seem to have a problem with this show. Why?
bc it was awkward

i've never watched boku no picos and i didn't expect a bed scene and then KISS scene damn god
Apr 6, 2016 6:37 PM

Mar 2016
Deep Inside Ren... Is lonely.
They removed all my recommendations because they were "funny"... No joke.
Apr 6, 2016 6:42 PM

Feb 2015
Bit unsure of this anime but I guess I'll keep watching. I hope Haru manages to get Ren to open up to him.

Anime | Profile | Manga
「The day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday I saw a deer, and today, you.」

Apr 6, 2016 6:44 PM

Mar 2015
Mayuka said:
Helenus said:
bc it was awkward

i've never watched boku no picos and i didn't expect a bed scene and then KISS scene damn god

Then please NEVER watch Boku no Pico. Even in the Super Lovers manga you'll never see something as disgusting as in the first BnP OVA. To be correct there aren't even that much 'erotic scenes' in Super Lovers. The manga has - I think - 9 volumes in sale. And there are - approximately - 3 erotic scenes (I don't talk about explicit sex by the way).

People should really give this title a chance. It is one of the few yaoi manga that actually has a plot. But many viewers will never come to the point where they like the plot because all the do is scream: 'eeh it's a kid and a man!1!111!'.

This is not shotacon. PERIOD.
Apr 6, 2016 6:44 PM

Aug 2013
Are there still orphanages in Alberta? As Canadian all of this is really weird XD
My Candies:

Bonus candies:
Apr 6, 2016 6:46 PM

Jun 2013
I did find this to be pretty cute, but the age difference is a bit off putting.
Apr 6, 2016 6:47 PM

Jul 2012
Helenus said:
Mayuka said:
bc it was awkward

Then please NEVER watch Boku no Pico. Even in the Super Lovers manga you'll never see something as disgusting as in the first BnP OVA. To be correct there aren't even that much 'erotic scenes' in Super Lovers. The manga has - I think - 9 volumes in sale. And there are - approximately - 3 erotic scenes (I don't talk about explicit sex by the way).

People should really give this title a chance. It is one of the few yaoi manga that actually has a plot. But many viewers will never come to the point where they like the plot because all the do is scream: 'eeh it's a kid and a man!1!111!'.

yes i dont plan on watching boku eVER LOL

i read the sex scene in super loves manga already. its not as bad bc he's older. i am okay with 16
not okay with 8

it's completely okay and valid for anyone to be creeped out by episode 1 because he is legit SUPER YOUNG and UNDERAGED right now. luckily timeskip will happen.
Apr 6, 2016 6:49 PM
Jul 2018
Helenus said:
Nakamura's elementary school drawings

QFT.

But yeah, there's a time skip and then Ren's in high school, if I recall correctly? It's still quite an age gap but he's a teenager at least... (though he is small for his age so he looks perpetually 12 years old... =_=)
Apr 6, 2016 7:11 PM

Jan 2013
Mayuka said:
Helenus said:

i read the sex scene in super loves manga already. its not as bad bc he's older. i am okay with 16
not okay with 8

it's completely okay and valid for anyone to be creeped out by episode 1 because he is legit SUPER YOUNG and UNDERAGED right now. luckily timeskip will happen.

But the kiss wasn't even sexual or romantic. It was a brotherly kiss.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2016 7:14 PM

Jan 2016
Seen it already, and love it so far, the animation really colorfull xD OP and ED really cute❤ akh need to wait next week again -_-
.....I guess in here is the same...tired when people compare it to boku no pico.....its really diff.....there will be time skip next ep , well its not suprise, sho-ai anime will always get the hate.

Yeah, will enjoy it every week, Thank you so much for this DEEN.
:)
Apr 6, 2016 7:18 PM
Jul 2018
Thebigofan said:
Mayuka said:

not okay with 8

Yeah, I thought it just seemed like Haru was playing a joke or something, I wouldn't even say it was brotherly lol. Kind of like a prank. It wasn't a big deal for me personally, but if some people feel uncomfortable, that's perfectly valid.

Anyway, the next episode should take place after some years have passed. This one was just the backstory of how they first met.
Apr 6, 2016 7:24 PM

Mar 2015
atrophaneurae said:
Helenus said:
Nakamura's elementary school drawings

QFT.

But yeah, there's a time skip and then Ren's in high school, if I recall correctly? It's still quite an age gap but he's a teenager at least... (though he is small for his age so he looks perpetually 12 years old... =_=)

That wasn't a problem when all these ReyxNagisa doujins popped up the inernet in 2013 while a certain swimming anime aired :D

Splash free!

I understand what you mean, though.
Apr 6, 2016 7:54 PM

Aug 2013
Miketsukami said:
I'm reading the manga too and that first episode was perfectly adapted. Many people won't watch because of the shonen-ai tag which is kinda sad since the story is much more than that...

it was definitely adapted well. im happy about this ^~^ i think most ppl won't watch bc they think its shota. the anime cover gives off that vibe so can't blame em. wish ren in the anime looked a little more like he did in the manga as a teen. he seemed to have a slightly bigger build and looked like a high schooler
Apr 6, 2016 8:05 PM
Jun 2014
Super Lovers is my favorite yaoi manga so I'm so hyped with the anime!! I've waited for a year for it to air.

I barely couldn't contain the feels and internal screaming during this first ep, but I'm so biased for knowing all the story and the characters.

As lots of you said, at this point of the story there's still no romantic feelings or sexual intent of any way. Haru just sees Ren as a little brother and all the acts were purely from fraternal affection, but I can understand why it would creep out some people.

Also, as many said, the relation goes deeper when Ren gets older, and they both really go very veeeeery slowly with it, they take their time (and they make sure to take it, jesus xD). So, in my opinion, the age gap is managed pretty well.

At first it may seem a bit bizarre sometimes, but I really think it's a story worth of watching/reading.

I just hope the next eps are as well adapted as this first one.
Apr 6, 2016 8:32 PM

May 2015
Can someone explain the family tree? How many parents does Haru have?
Apr 6, 2016 8:57 PM

Apr 2015
Definitely a cute episode with two brothers meeting each other and already have all those little cute moments, The ending song was so cute but that ending scene did not match with the cute ending song at all...!
Apr 6, 2016 9:26 PM

Feb 2016
Sokah said:
krazykillerkurt said:
I don't think that it is shotacon. Their age gap is like 8 and I've seen women dating men 20 years older than them. Besides, they age; they're currently 16 and 24 in the manga I think.

16 and 24 is pedophilia most places in the world and will get you thrown in jail. Even just for watching it, let alone doing it. Although it's a boy being raped, not a girl so it's "romantic" rather than horrifying.

"Although it's a boy being raped..."
Uh there's no rape in the manga so I don't think any rape is going to happen in the anime. Ever heard of age doesn't matter? Sure it would matter if it was a naïve child and a sexual predator, but they are neither of these. They don't develop any love interest until Ren is a little older anyway. The things they do until then are just typical step-brothers stuff.
I think that strangers are just friends you haven't met.

Apr 6, 2016 9:36 PM

Feb 2016
Miketsukami said:

I agree, the story is much more than that. I recently got into liking Shounen-Ai with great plot. I wish people were more open-minded. I'm not even gay and yet I enjoy this. I've seen Love Stage and my girlfriend is suggesting I start watching Junjou Romantica.
I think that strangers are just friends you haven't met.

Apr 6, 2016 9:39 PM

May 2015
One of my first shounen-ai, and it's actually pretty good. I really like the scenery, it's very pretty. And it's also quite rare to see something set in Canada. It's nice trying out anime out of my comfort zone.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Apr 6, 2016 9:45 PM

Jul 2009
Whoa, seeing my city and province (Calgary/Alberta) being mentioned in an anime is really weird. I assume they were in the mountains in Banff in this episode. Kinda cool. Nice episode, Ren is a cutie.

Edit: Wait I lied, Banff is only an hour from Calgary and the anime says they drove for 3 and a half hours. Weird, even looking at a map I have no idea what part they might be in. I guess just somewhere in the mountains between Banff and Jasper (which is 5 hours away).
TalimApr 6, 2016 9:50 PM
Apr 6, 2016 9:56 PM

Mar 2013
You know what, I'll give this a shot. If it gets to be too much for me, I''l drop it then. I tried BL a long time ago and never got into it. I tried GL however and got way too much into it. Not complaining btw. I ship a lot of Anime girls with each other now. xD Kind of funny huh? I'm a girl who doesn't like BL but loves GL. :3 Well anyways, I'll go watch it in a little while. I need to give more things a chance.
Apr 6, 2016 10:07 PM

Mar 2014
moeanao said:
Comic_Sans said:
Does that happen when Ren

Well at least that's better than eight years old
Mayuka said:
Comic_Sans said:
Boku no Pico – DEEN edition
Does that happen when Ren
Later on and I made a mistake with the spoiler, it's actually a

but consensual.
Wow, just like Boku no Pico
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 6, 2016 10:20 PM

Nov 2014
Thebigofan said:

Lol, brothers don't usually kiss, call the other cute or pretty, then fall asleep in each other's arms.
Apr 6, 2016 10:35 PM

Sep 2015
People get your mind out of the gutter, there's nothing sexual about that kiss. People are just saying it is because they know this is a shounen ai and automatically jump to the dirty.

And bringing up age gap again as if they're not reading the manga where the romance happens much much later after the big time skip. And 16 vs 23 is not that big of a gap. Ever read Usagi drop? It's a lot like SL except instead of a 17 yo meeting with an adopted 10 yo little brother and develop romance years later, it's a 30-something man with a... 6-7 yo adopted girl. They too began to develop romance when the girl is in HS (16). Now that's an age gap. So why's SL get tons of 'omg pedophile' thrown at it? Simply because it's labeled yaoi/shounen ai; people automatically jump to the dirty.

atrophaneurae said:

Yeah, I thought it just seemed like Haru was playing a joke or something, I wouldn't even say it was brotherly lol. Kind of like a prank. It wasn't a big deal for me personally, but if some people feel uncomfortable, that's perfectly valid.

Speaking of, he seemed to think it was natural for foreigner (Canadians/Americans?) to kiss family on the lips...

Lu-Ru said:
Can someone explain the family tree? How many parents does Haru have?

His birth mother is Haruko, the woman who is living with Ren in Canada. The couple who greet him back in the airport in japan are his real father and step mother.
Ioryogi-kunApr 6, 2016 11:32 PM
Apr 6, 2016 10:42 PM
Aug 2014
I need to remind myself that I prefer lolies over shoutas. still gonna watch this, the op and ed are astonishing, and the after credit scene though.
Apr 6, 2016 11:02 PM

Mar 2013
Just finished the first episode. It was fine I was guess. The fact that he just causally kissed a kid that he barely knows right away threw me off though. xD
Apr 6, 2016 11:16 PM

Oct 2015
It was interesting, the wolves and scenery were nice.

I don't like how big the age gap is between the brothers though.
Apr 6, 2016 11:23 PM

Sep 2015
The art is so pretty. Haru's eyes and hair look great. Never read the manga beyond 1 chapter, excited to see more
Apr 6, 2016 11:35 PM

Jan 2014
This was cute, but also a little creepy for some reason...
Apr 6, 2016 11:47 PM
Feb 2015
As always Deen knows how to please me. The animation is absolutely amazing it blew my mind away and Haru definitely takes the win for best MC of the season. His character is beautiful, kinda reminds me of Ryouma from Love Stage. I know for sure I'll definitely fall for him as the series progresses, plus I'm happy he's voiced by one of my favorite seiyuu's. As for Ren, he's a cutie I can't wait to see how his romantic relationship with Haru develops throughout the series xD
Apr 7, 2016 12:31 AM
Jul 2015
I discovered this by accident and I am going to definitely watch it.

I felt the first episode moved too fast and I didn't like that Ren immediately latched onto Haru right away but I do like the two so far and I am looking forward to seeing what happens next.

The age thing is ehh...

We have anime with rape, girls who are oversexualized, many of the viewers here have crushes on lolis or whatever...so because the 2 are guys it is suddenly a bad thing?

Boku no pico is a bit much but this anime didn't give me anything remotely close to that.
Apr 7, 2016 1:23 AM

Jan 2015
GayPedo: The Animation
Apr 7, 2016 1:28 AM
Jul 2018
weeeeeeee i was scared to click play cause i know there will be a lot of cute moments and feels
lived up to my expectations <3
haru is so hot dayum
ren is cute little thing ;c
dat ending.. i have only one thing to say, wtf?!
Apr 7, 2016 4:15 AM

Oct 2013
My thoughts after watching the episode:

1.Shotacon and incest.

I understand they will be older in next episodes and they are not real brothers but it still, it's bordering with illegal.
I will ignore the issue though. The story seems decent and I like shounen-ai so I will be watching it.

2. It reminds me of Love Stage.

Shougo and Izumis relationship in LS gave me the same feel as Haru and Ren in SL.
Haru even looks like Shougo.
I kinda like that.
Apr 7, 2016 4:17 AM

Oct 2012
I'm seriously laughing at all the people mentioning Boku no Pico. Sweet Jesus.

I haven't read the manga so everything that's happening in the anime is new to me (my sister just read the series so I could ask her what might be coming up or just read it myself). The first episode was cute and I couldn't keep straigth face most of the time. Maeno fits Haru so well. It's so refreshing to hear him being more comical than serious (most of the roles I know are serious or just not that "goofy").

The age gap-thing isn't that bad. My mother was 16 when she started to date my dad who was 21 back then. In some countries such "big" age differences may appear as unpleasant or even scary, as by "standard" it is thought that people who end up together may have only a few years of age difference > greater age difference > may lead to thoughts about pedophilia and stuff. But then in some countries it's not that big deal. So, it's kinda 50-50 situation and I'm trying to understand "both sides". I don't mind the whole thing between Ren and Haru. They can be brothers or lovers, as long as they are happy. And we don't know if the anime will have the manga stuff happening in the end, but if it will happen (thanks to all these people noting about it), Ren will be 16. Don't know about other countries but at least in Finland it's the age of consent, so in my case everything's fine.
Apr 7, 2016 4:28 AM

Aug 2013
I'm really interested in Haru. He's really adaptable and his "family" seems pretty...crazy. It's strange how quickly he got adapted to Ren. Looks like their's a reason for that too.

I don't see any pedophilia though? I've seen loads of kids get a quick kiss in primary and early secondary school by their parents and siblings. I've slept with my parents and my sister when I was younger. I stopped cause I move around a lot but my cousin who is 24 still sleeps with her parents sometimes.

It was pretty meh overall though. A cute episode that was slightly different really. I'm sad they're not adapting hakkenden anymore... I really want to know what happens later.
[/url]
Seven-Coloured Puppeteer.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Lovers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Apr 13, 2016

79 by renandharu_ »»
Sep 12, 2023 3:02 AM

Poll: » Super Lovers Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 8, 2016

58 by Angesubaru »»
Jun 16, 2023 8:09 AM

» How explicit is this?

GreyStoneFlinger - Dec 12, 2022

7 by NekoKyan- »»
Dec 16, 2022 7:52 PM

Poll: » Super Lovers Episode 3 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 20, 2016

40 by Yuwka »»
Nov 6, 2022 2:50 AM

Poll: » Super Lovers Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 1, 2016

70 by Opor97 »»
Jul 18, 2021 7:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.