Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2016 7:54 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The little boy is adopted by main guy's mother, the busy writer and refused to be called "mother", so they are not really real brothers. I thought they are. The little boy seems to be happy that the main guy cares for him kindly that gave berries in return.

Though he is somewhat sensitive to being talk about his green eyes. The boy left near the river because of the lunch (especially rice) fell into the water. So he is afraid of kind people, so the main guy is the most scary guy for him. The little boy was praising green eyes, not dislike like others. So he began to show "weird" love expression to little guy, and invited him to Japan.

It seems like ED will air in different versions each ep.? This ep. only had main two brothers singing.

Eh, that end?!

Next ep. with that little boy grew up a bit and finds main guy in Japan.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 6, 2016 11:39 AM

Sep 2010
It looks like Haru's father and step mother died at the end in a car crash?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 6, 2016 11:50 AM

Dec 2010
how is this getting an 8 its decent at best
Apr 6, 2016 12:15 PM

Feb 2013
Roloko said:
It looks like Haru's father and step mother died at the end in a car crash?

Yup :( so sad.

Art was ok, I liked the pika pika moments. But Ren and Aki still look so alike x)
Apr 6, 2016 12:17 PM

Sep 2015
omg I could cry from all those beautiful scenery-- the studio doesn't disappoint XD

I hate the ending though, even though I read the manga the ending is still scary...
Apr 6, 2016 12:23 PM

Dec 2008
I would like this better without the shounen-ai. Shounen-ai doesn't match with this history.
Apr 6, 2016 12:26 PM

Dec 2014
So it was a good start... But the ending I did not expect that...
Apr 6, 2016 12:27 PM

Nov 2012
Is this going to be a shotacon? Please no...
Apr 6, 2016 12:29 PM

Feb 2016
It's better than how I pictured it to be. I was able to understand scenes in the manga better because it's now animated. I'm guessing this is going to stay an 8.
I think that strangers are just friends you haven't met.

Apr 6, 2016 12:33 PM

Feb 2016
Helbram said:
I don't think that it is shotacon. Their age gap is like 8 and I've seen women dating men 20 years older than them. Besides, they age; they're currently 16 and 24 in the manga I think.
I think that strangers are just friends you haven't met.

Apr 6, 2016 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
DEEN finds a way as usual with Shounen Ai.

This episode, I pretty much loved it though. That ending of course...
Apr 6, 2016 12:48 PM
Jun 2014
Amazing! I love it! BL is the best thing in this world! Ren and Haru are just sooo kawaii together!
Apr 6, 2016 12:49 PM

Jul 2012
Yuck, a kiss. :/ Come on, he's not old yet.

The ED song was nice.

Goukenslay said:
Because only people who are into BL are watching it, so people are rating it highly. Plus, most people read the Manga already.
Apr 6, 2016 12:59 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Things picked up a lot faster than I expected. Decent episode.

3/5
Apr 6, 2016 1:16 PM
Oct 2014
Finally my favourite BL manga is animated!! I waited for so long!
It's really great so far, but still just the beginning, so I don't know what to expect next of the studio adapting the manga.
I loved, that they included all what I wanted! The berries were there, the eyes and that Ren thinks of him as scary because of his kindness. Ah my those were some cute moments!! All those smooches.♡ I'm too excited to see my favourite scenes animated soon!! THEY'LL BE SO CUTE AHHH I'M DYING IN ANTICIPATION!!*-*
One of my favourite scenes actually might happen in episode 2 already and when it comes, oh boy, oooooh boy, you can't hold me back then.

Well, still gotta say it felt a little short to me. Definitely not rushed, but...ah whatever, we all know that the anime is always shorter, so don't mind that.
At first I also couldn't quite accept Tomoaki Maeno as Haru, because I always imagined Haru to have a higher and gentler voice, but damn, I'm so unbelieveably sorry for not believing enough in Maeno-san, I should have known better. He did a great job and it was really gentle, such a great seiyuu in this one!
Needless to say that Ren's voice sounded perfect for me. Gawd.
The animation was all right. What impressed me were the backgrounds and the angles they showed!! Also most of the budget seemed to have gone to the dogs, haha, they sure look good. (The pomeranian, arf!♡)

...the ending. I hate it. I hate it so much. How dare they?! I cried a little, it was even more heartbreaking in the anime as it already was in the manga...
All those anime studios feeling the need to end everything with a cliffhanger and tear our hearts apart, thanks for that tho...
I almost thought there nothing to come anymore and then they dropped this bombshell.
If I'd be working in an anime studio I wouldn't have done it different though, but anyways, how dare they do that to me?;A;

Ah, I also want to add to that whole shounen-ai thingy: I also hope they portray that complicated relationship properly later on, because the plot outside from the romance is also kinda heavy. (The plot outside from romances yet relates to the romance anyway as it tells how the characters became what they are now and why/how they relate to each other now)
Now I don't worry about that, but you never know, it's just the first episode.
Also...the only thing that is different in the anime so far is...I mean, did you see that huge cat-bear thingy with hat?? Wtf is this?? Surely wasn't in the manga, what do you want to do with that thing, the hell. x'D

Well, all in all I'm just happy to enjoy one of my favourite BL's all over again with music and voices and so on!! And I hope you'll enjoy, too!
Apr 6, 2016 1:30 PM

Feb 2013
Im scared because I dont want Haru to do the do with Ren :/ I dont want an Usagi Drop manga please. Think of the children Japan D:

Apr 6, 2016 1:31 PM

Nov 2012
krazykillerkurt said:
Helbram said:
I don't think that it is shotacon. Their age gap is like 8 and I've seen women dating men 20 years older than them. Besides, they age; they're currently 16 and 24 in the manga I think.
He was around 18 and made out with an 10 year old this episode though, still can't help but find that to be a bit icky. I wouldn't excuse pedophilia by saying "there are older people who've done it"; besides there's a huge difference between being 25 and having a romantic/sexual relationship with a 33 year old and being 8 (or something) and sharing the same thing with a 16 year old.
Apr 6, 2016 1:31 PM

Nov 2014
They always say never judge something by its cover. Maybe I should have in this case.

So, with most yaoi there's either sexual assault, or subtle pedophilia... Is showing a semi-normal gay relationship between two males really that much to ask for? At least there's still Doukyuusei to look forward to.

I'm going to pass on this. There's like zero depth to the story or characters, and the humor isn't working for me.

2/5
Apr 6, 2016 1:41 PM
Treasure Hunter

Feb 2014
Goukenslay said:
Because only people who are into BL are watching it, so people are rating it highly. Plus, most people read the Manga already.[/quote]

Exactly. I look into every new Anime out of principle and I'd give this episode a 3/10 at best, mostly because it does not give one shit about psychology which might have been intresting and has zero sense of pacing or decent exposition, instead it seems to be generic Shounen-Ai about people healing lifelong problems with the power of Ai or something.

That seems to be exactly what most Shounen-Ai fans are looking for, thus such a high rating. I still hope I will find some decent Shounen-Ai out there with actual depth some day. There is plenty of good stuff with Shoujo-Ai, so...
There is nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, wearing their discomfort like a favorite shirt - Johnny C.

Apr 6, 2016 1:44 PM

Jul 2012
badwolf45f said:
Im scared because I dont want Haru to do the do with Ren :/

Spoilers to the worst that happens

Penkeychain said:
That seems to be exactly what most Shounen-Ai fans are looking for, thus such a high rating. I still hope I will find some decent Shounen-Ai out there with actual depth some day. There is plenty of good stuff with Shoujo-Ai, so...
Wait patiently for the Doukyuusei subs when they come out~

That one I can assure is a good series.

Also, these two are the best Kono Danshis and you skipped over them:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/25143/Kono_Danshi_Sekika_ni_Nayandemasu
http://myanimelist.net/anime/15439/Kono_Danshi_Ningyo_Hiroimashita

(But yes, I agree, this is what most fujos will like lol)
Apr 6, 2016 1:58 PM
Treasure Hunter

Feb 2014
Mayuka said:

Penkeychain said:
Wait patiently for the Doukyuusei subs when they come out~

That one I can assure is a good series.

I'll take your word for it. I would love to see some good SA for a change, there is quite some unused potential in the genre in my opinion...

Mayuka said:

Also, these two are the best Kono Danshis and you skipped over them:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/25143/Kono_Danshi_Sekika_ni_Nayandemasu
http://myanimelist.net/anime/15439/Kono_Danshi_Ningyo_Hiroimashita

(But yes, I agree, this is what most fujos will like lol)

Ah, I only started following the seasons last summer, so Mahou Oshigoto was my first and while it wasn't great, it sure was a step in the right direction. I'll make sure to check them out eventually. Thanks for the recommendations!
There is nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, wearing their discomfort like a favorite shirt - Johnny C.

Apr 6, 2016 2:02 PM
Aug 2015
Oh. My. Kamisama. That ending was just... Ugh. But the animation was amazing. I mean the water was just great. I hope the plotline gets better, and maybe this was just me, but I really felt like the ending was rushed.
Apr 6, 2016 2:05 PM

Aug 2013
krazykillerkurt said:
Helbram said:

Yea this is correct. As a child, Ren and Haru do not have a lovers relationship. Ren is adopted by Haru's mother who pushes the responsibility of Parenting onto Haru. Ren doesn't trust people and Haru relates to Ren in the "Family doesn't become family just by being told you're family" type of way.

Haru begins to love and care for Ren as family and soon Ren reciprocates those feelings. They care for each other but they do not develop feelings of relationship love for each other until Ren grows older. I'm watching the first episode now and No Shota was involved.

It shows Ren and Haru sleeping in the same bed and Haru even kisses Ren on the lips as a kid. But, these are all things my Aunt and Grandmother did with me when I was a child. There is no indecency when Ren is a kid. This is all I can say for the first episode and the source
Apr 6, 2016 2:10 PM

Aug 2013
He was around 18 and made out with an 10 year old this episode though, still can't help but find that to be a bit icky. I wouldn't excuse pedophilia by saying "there are older people who've done it"; besides there's a huge difference between being 25 and having a romantic/sexual relationship with a 33 year old and being 8 (or something) and sharing the same thing with a 16 year old.

Yikes. They didn't make out. He gave him a short kiss. Something many adults do with their kids. But, yes the age difference could be a turn off for many people. 16 and 24 is a pretty big gap. It'd be different if they were both adults, but 16 is still in hs so I can see where the complaints r coming from
sadcyborgApr 6, 2016 2:19 PM
Apr 6, 2016 2:11 PM

Jan 2015
I still have to watch this one. Is this worth watching?
Apr 6, 2016 2:12 PM

Jul 2012
Penkeychain said:
Ah, I only started following the seasons last summer, so Mahou Oshigoto was my first and while it wasn't great, it sure was a step in the right direction. I'll make sure to check them out eventually. Thanks for the recommendations!
Yeah, Mahou was too short to be great. The breaks in between were really awk too. The ones I recommended are all one episode long and longer so it should be much better.

sadcyborg said:
Yikes. They didn't make out. He gave him a short kiss. Something many adults do with their kids.
That doesn't excuse that it was gross and unwarranted. lmao

Xenocrisi said:
It's kinda gross, that's all. Don't expect too much.
Apr 6, 2016 2:14 PM
Aug 2011
Xenocrisi said:

Question is do you believe in Deen also known as the lords of BL?
Apr 6, 2016 2:22 PM

Aug 2013
sadcyborg said:
Yikes. They didn't make out. He gave him a short kiss. Something many adults do with their kids.
That doesn't excuse that it was gross and unwarranted. lmao

lmao i was correcting you. you said they made out and i was just telling you what happened. Ren punched him. Definitely showed how unwanted it was.
Apr 6, 2016 2:24 PM

Dec 2009
Yes... Just because Haru kissed Ren on the lips doesn't mean he did it with indecent thoughts LOL. I mean all our first kisses were stolen by our moms or dads (probably) when we were kids... xD It's an act of familial love! Like how my older sis kissed me in the past as well out of sisterly love. He even emphasized in this episode, "You're my little brother", so of course he doesn't think of him as a lover yet...

Anyway this episode was really beautiful. The dogs were REALLY ADORABLE! The bit with Ren snuggling with the dogs in the garage, that was wonderful. The bit with him telling Haru his eyes were beautiful as well, ohhh my heart! ... And of course this episode had to end at the bit with the wreckage... So heartbreaking, I remember I totally didn't expect that when I first read the manga. I was all happy thinking it was going to be a cheerful slice of life thing but no. Of course not -sobs-

Anyway, looking forward to the next episode!
Apr 6, 2016 2:29 PM

Aug 2013
Ritsu said:
Yes... Just because Haru kissed Ren on the lips doesn't mean he did it with indecent thoughts LOL. I mean all our first kisses were stolen by our moms or dads (probably) when we were kids... xD It's an act of familial love! Like how my older sis kissed me in the past as well out of sisterly love. He even emphasized in this episode, "You're my little brother", so of course he doesn't think of him as a lover yet...

Yes Exactly lol my aunt used to see my off to school and kiss me on the lips and i wld have an outroar lmao like "gtfo dont kiss me in public" lol just the way some families are. I get why ppl are upset about the age difference, I just wanted to clear up to folks that there is no shota. :p
Apr 6, 2016 2:32 PM

Aug 2011
I forgot how much I loved this manga. Hype is real.

» Escapism.

Apr 6, 2016 2:34 PM
Aug 2011
The only adults i've seen kissing their kids are like the actual parents kissing their 1 or 2 year old child.
10 years old is pushing it.
Apr 6, 2016 2:48 PM

Jul 2014
krazykillerkurt said:
Helbram said:

16 and 24 is pedophilia most places in the world and will get you thrown in jail. Even just for watching it, let alone doing it. Although it's a boy being raped, not a girl so it's "romantic" rather than horrifying.
Apr 6, 2016 2:52 PM

Mar 2014
Boku no Pico – DEEN edition
Mayuka said:
badwolf45f said:

Does that happen when Ren
Comic_SansApr 6, 2016 2:59 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 6, 2016 3:07 PM

Mar 2016
Haru is so attractive and wow his eyes are so perfect

It was a really good first episode
Apr 6, 2016 3:08 PM
Aug 2011
Cody said:
I still kiss my dad on his lips to this day. There's nothing wrong with our love.

That level of pure love is too much for my mortal brain to comprehend.
Apr 6, 2016 3:30 PM

Aug 2010
That was actually cute. The relationship and interactions between the interactions is lots of fun
Apr 6, 2016 3:36 PM

Jan 2015
Cody said:
I'm surprised Stark didn't create this topic.

He hates Shounen-Ai/Yaoi anime
Apr 6, 2016 3:39 PM

Feb 2013
[quote=Mayuka message=45496899]
badwolf45f said:

Godammit Japan.

Apr 6, 2016 3:49 PM

Jul 2012
Comic_Sans said:
Boku no Pico – DEEN edition
Mayuka said:

Does that happen when Ren
Later on and I made a mistake with the spoiler, it's actually a

but consensual.
Apr 6, 2016 4:00 PM

Mar 2013
As a girl who doesn't like BL (It's one of my least preferred genres.) and prefers GL, but wants to give BL a chance, how does this compare to Love Stage? That one I didn't mind.
Apr 6, 2016 4:21 PM

Aug 2014
Chobitslover98 said:
As a girl who doesn't like BL (It's one of my least preferred genres.) and prefers GL, but wants to give BL a chance, how does this compare to Love Stage? That one I didn't mind.

From the looks of it, the romance in Love Stage was based on the comedy, while this one looks like the romance will be based on the drama.
Apr 6, 2016 4:22 PM

Jul 2012
Chobitslover98 said:
Love Stage is much better and less creepy. Better to skip this. If you want a decent BL, try the Kono Danshi series or wait for Doukyuusei subs to come out.
Apr 6, 2016 4:24 PM

Oct 2014
ooo333 said:
From the looks of it, the romance in Love Stage was based on the comedy, while this one looks like the romance will be based on the drama.

Super Lovers is definitely more drama oriented.
Apr 6, 2016 4:42 PM

Aug 2014
I like how fast paced it is. None of that getting to know each other awkward stage.

Being raised by wolves literally, huh?

I guess the male MC just sees him as a little brother right now.

It looks like its going to get dramatic by that ending. Cant wait.
Apr 6, 2016 4:51 PM

Aug 2014
Mayuka said:
Yuck, a kiss. :/ Come on, he's not old yet.

The ED song was nice.

Goukenslay said:
Because only people who are into BL are watching it, so people are rating it highly. Plus, most people read the Manga already.

I'm watching it >__>
Apr 6, 2016 4:55 PM

Oct 2014
Holy shit! The scenery is fucking beautiful. It is literally something awing. Opening and ending are lovely. I enjoyed the character interaction so far! Namely the more serious interaction throughout the episode. Loving how the character designs are looking animated. All the voice actors are really doing their parts well. It's nice being able to really see Haru's eyes when Ren talks how unusual/pretty they are. They really are gorgeous. Feeling like ten episodes will be a nice episode count.

Agree with @moeanao and the few others who've said that this is definitely not shotacon or pedophilia. But people can think what they want. That said, I do find it hilarious seeing as some of these people are a fan of BL or other things and will rate an anime or manga that is far more problematic than a kiss that was not intended to be sexual or romantic fairly high.

Anyway, it's been a while since I've wanted to watch an episode of an airing anime over again. Will watch again tonight!
crestofhonestyApr 6, 2016 5:36 PM
Apr 6, 2016 5:02 PM

Dec 2007
I'm not sure of my opinion on this aniem yet, wich is strage cause when it's BL i'll normally fangirl on minute 1.

- art is sooo pretty *.*
- not a fan of small boys in BL , it always reminds me of boku no piko... --'
- this one seems to have a pretty heavy story and an actual plot.

I guess i'll keep watching then.
Apr 6, 2016 5:07 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
That was a cute first episode, but that's what I also thought when I first read the manga. The slice of life aspect is nice and what kept me reading, but yeah, I can't take the age gap when Ren is still young. Actually 16 and 24 isn't too bad really, I had a few coworkers around that age and they had relationships with that age gap so I'm no longer that surprised, but it's the way Ren is drawn so much smaller than Haru. Haven't continued reading the manga for awhile, but I've like Deen ever since they made Hakkenden (beautiful visuals), so I'll keeping watching for now. I would personally like it better if wasn't BL but something like Shino and Sousuke from Hakkenden.

tingyApr 6, 2016 5:10 PM
Apr 6, 2016 5:17 PM

Jul 2009
Omg the ending was super sad (and a little unexpected) the parents die! How old are the twins? Will he live with them too?

I really love the feel for this story. I just hope that they're relationship remains pure and brother-like until Ren is older, then again it's shounen-ai not yaoi...

Also major points for the beginning being set in Canada :P
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Lovers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Apr 13, 2016

79 by renandharu_ »»
Sep 12, 2023 3:02 AM

Poll: » Super Lovers Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 8, 2016

58 by Angesubaru »»
Jun 16, 2023 8:09 AM

» How explicit is this?

GreyStoneFlinger - Dec 12, 2022

7 by NekoKyan- »»
Dec 16, 2022 7:52 PM

Poll: » Super Lovers Episode 3 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 20, 2016

40 by Yuwka »»
Nov 6, 2022 2:50 AM

Poll: » Super Lovers Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 1, 2016

70 by Opor97 »»
Jul 18, 2021 7:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.