Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 3, 2016 10:08 AM

Apr 2015
What bands/artists/albums have you just started getting into recently? The past few weeks I've started obsessing over listening to a lot of the Pixies, Throwing Muses and Sonic Youth, and have had Crybaby by Melanie Martinez and Is This It by The Strokes on repeat.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 3, 2016 10:21 AM

Apr 2015
semss said:
More of The who.. Some of Dead kennedy... Couple of The stooges... But I think I'lready got dementia by that in the end it's just couple tokyo jihen and boris be on the loop

Dead Kennedys are awesome, probably in my top 5 artists tbh.

Apr 3, 2016 10:24 AM

Jun 2014
I left my earbuds in the washing machine so I haven't been listening to anything new recently really.

My taste in music was starting to get good, but now that I've reverted back to anime life its gone back to weeb. I've been listening to KANA-BOON's and Asian Kung-fu Generation's discography for the most part. The former's shrill voice can get annoying, but AKFG is absolutely thrilling, the majority of their newer albums don't seem to have many weak songs on them. Might start listening to Teddyloid soon, since it always seemed appealing but didn't get too far into it.

Only new western music I've been listening to is Kanye West, just digging through his discography, massive guilty pleasure.

Props to OP for The Strokes, incredible first two albums then turned to mediocrity, Julian Casablanca's relatively 'recent' album with the Voids is definitely something I'd recommend. Arctic Monkeys had an opposite shift in quality for me, early work is amateur but surprisingly after getting overproduced is where they shine.
Apr 3, 2016 11:01 AM

Apr 2015
semss said:
Blahkabelison said:

Dead Kennedys are awesome, probably in my top 5 artists tbh.

really?? Haha, for me I'm not sure though,
I think their vocalist is pretty annoying with his way of singing xD.. but I just got into them recently,
I don't think I dislike it, but also not fond to like it
Do you like in-sight?? Haha for now I'm just pretty casual listener with too drunk to fuck, I guess their most popular song

Is that sonic youth worth?? I'd heard before but not hit me at the time

Yeah, Dead Kennedys definitely aren't for everyone, and I mean that in a totally non-condescending way. Personally, I really enjoy the way he sings, I think it's awesome and fun and unique, but I can definitely see how someone would find it grating. If you wanted, you could check out some of their other more well-known songs, Holiday in Cambodia etc. Their whole first album is pretty great, I think, but again, not something everyone would enjoy.

I hardly know anything about Sonic Youth, I seriously only just started listening to them, but yeah, I definitely would recommend giving them another chance. I'd tried getting into Sonic Youth before, I'd heard a few songs, and put on Daydream Nation a couple of times but turned it off before the first song was even over. Not because it was bad, but because I just didn't find it particularly interesting. Then a few days ago I tried listening to Teen Age Riot for about the third time, and I was suddenly just like, "Woah, that's really good", and I listened to the rest of the album. So yeah, I think they're worth trying again.
Apr 3, 2016 11:24 AM
Jul 2018

currently I often listen to these guys: Tycho, Vinyl Williams, Sleep Party People
Apr 3, 2016 11:40 AM
May 2013
Savages have finally clicked for me after I saw them on Colbert a few days ago.

Also Ocoeur with his latest album Reversed.
Apr 3, 2016 11:41 AM

Jan 2016
Beartooth, great discovery!!

SKYpzApr 3, 2016 11:48 AM

Apr 3, 2016 11:46 AM
May 2015
Taking Back Sunday, Thursday, Baroness, Emarosa.

SKYpz said:

They're good, Beaten In Lips is my fav from their album.
Apr 3, 2016 11:50 AM

Feb 2012
Recently been in this Crybaby mood as well! Although I've been listening to Hasley more. On that note, anyone has some artist/album to recommend?

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Apr 3, 2016 2:08 PM

Jun 2013
Recently started really digging into The Velvet Underground and Lou Reed's solo work. Just absolutely incredible stuff. I feel like Lou Reed got kind of a bad reputation because of Lulu but he's an absolute genius.
Apr 3, 2016 2:56 PM

Mar 2012
Some recent finds

Apr 3, 2016 4:23 PM

Aug 2014
I've been listening more into the Sex Pistols' "Nevermind the Bollocks..." and more of the Nirvana discography. I might check out some more stuff later on.
Apr 3, 2016 4:54 PM

Mar 2016
This is becoming slightly addicting.
I hope I stop soon, or else my parents will disown me.

(The good stuff starts at 20 seconds.)
Apr 3, 2016 6:06 PM

Sep 2011
I've been listening to Modern Baseball a lot lately.

Apr 4, 2016 8:09 AM

Jan 2016
Eh... they're mainstream but I'm getting into the artists called twenty one pilots.
Apr 4, 2016 9:45 AM
Jul 2018

cokiyu makes wonderful music,
it has kind of nice magical vibe

Apr 4, 2016 12:08 PM

Oct 2014
SKYpz said:

Beartooth is some good ass shit!

Seeing some other good artist mentioned as well, such as The Velvet Underground, Taking Back Sunday, Thursday, Emarosa. Modern Baseball, etc.

I've been getting into a lot j-pop and bands/artist that have been doing openings and endings. Mainly flumpool, Sonar Pocket, etc. I don't know just enjoy it at the current moment.

Other than that I've just been listening to random stuff on Spotify and loads of remixes.
Apr 4, 2016 5:10 PM

Mar 2013
Françoise Hardy, Taeko Ohnuki, L'atelier, Lamp and Mac DeMarco

still got lots of new stuff on hold as well
Apr 4, 2016 8:58 PM

Sep 2011
CapitalistGod said:
Eh... they're mainstream but I'm getting into the artists called twenty one pilots.

I really like their album Vessel--just about every song. Their new album is alright.
Apr 4, 2016 10:15 PM

Dec 2012
I'm really into Lindsey Stirling. Also got back into Smashing Pumpkins and Guns n Roses with their recent reunions!
May 3, 2016 7:22 PM

Mar 2014
I've recently started listening more to Bullet For My Valentine because they're coming to a rock festival I'm going to this summer and they're super good. They're much better than I thought.
May 3, 2016 7:33 PM

Oct 2009
I've been on a Calu streak recently. She's at her best in Matryoshka. She also stars in RiLF and Parachute Coats, although I can't seem to find any material from the latter.

Imo:

Best RiLF song

Best Matryoshka song

lucjanMay 3, 2016 7:38 PM

May 3, 2016 7:47 PM

Feb 2016
CapitalistGod said:

I love that band also (even before their random burst of popularity). They definitely weren't mainstream a couple years back, but when Stressed Out hit the radio fangirls flooded their YouTube channel lol. Vessel was their best album imo.

OT: I just found this guy named "Hozier" and my mouth is drooling in his epicness. Idk why I didn't find this genius sooner ( ._.)

I also found a couple/duet group called "Oh Wonder",

Not as recent as the other two, but still fairly recent. The Lumineers:
May 3, 2016 7:50 PM

Apr 2016
I would have to say I have really gotten into Mai Kuraki because of detective conan.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2016 8:37 PM

Mar 2008
I have listened to Crash Worship a lot lately

Also I love Wardruna

I recently discovered ¡TchKung! and find them pretty fun
May 3, 2016 10:59 PM

Jun 2014
I'm listening to Aldnoah zero ost and "No difference" by Aimee Blackschleger had gotten to me and now I'm deciding on if I should listen to her or continue my music library selection.
You gotta do what you gotta do.
May 4, 2016 3:06 AM

Aug 2014
I've been getting into Auktyon and Dodheimsgard lately, specifically these two songs.
Many replays were had

You're so money, J.
May 4, 2016 8:02 AM

May 2016
Most recently it's been Anchor & Braille. <3 I accidentally stumbled upon him and was like "he sounds just like Stephen Christian!" (who was lead vocalist for Anberlin.) turns out it is him.

Also I've been listening to more of Miike Snow <3 Ghengis Khan & Paddling Out are addictive.
May 7, 2016 10:19 AM
Jan 2015
I'm constantly on the lookout for new music. The newest additions to my "library" are GORESHIT (not sure how he wants his artist name to be written), twenty one pilots, OneRepublic and Justin Bieber (his newest album only, though). There are also many others, but I only listen to about one of their songs so I don't really feel like listing them, lol.
May 7, 2016 11:52 AM

Sep 2015
I used to listen to his stuff quite a while ago until Kobayashi Onyx made a comeback again last year. Gotta love his new music style.

As for singers, I've been listening to Kyounosuke on loop for days. I envy his enka singing skills. Vibrato and high pitch on point, man.
May 7, 2016 12:11 PM

Jul 2014
I'm not really sure, but I've listening to some visual kei bands I used to love when I was 15 or 16 such as ガアラ (Gaara) and ナイトメア (Nightmare), also I've been rediscovering Maximum The Hormone.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2016 1:12 AM
Feb 2016
Ive been listening to 9mm Parabellum Bullet & The Flickers a lot lately
May 8, 2016 7:28 AM

Dec 2015
I just started listening to more Dokken, I used to have only one song buy them but after buying some of their albums I'm starting to get more into them.

May 8, 2016 12:49 PM
Jan 2016
New Grave genre.

Aka modern horror punk. It's a new but not new genre at the same time. It's basically bands mixing gothic punk and emo but they add some screamo/ post-hardcore elements as well depending on the band.

How it's not new is because that sounds been around for a while of course from bands like Aiden and I am Ghost but it's new because it's a new type of style. They keep to their emo roots but go deeper with their sound in older hardcore and punk. While adding a gothic vibe to it.

Creeper, Ashestoangels, FVK , new years day and requiem (old i am ghost vocalist is in there) to name a few. I'm sure there will be plenty of bands popping up all over within or near the new grave genre since it's starting to become popular in the underground scene, especially in the UK.
May 10, 2016 12:52 PM

Jul 2007
Hmm, as for a brand new artist/artist I haven't listened to ever I would say Christine and the Queens. Very relaxing, sexy french voice.
Discovered her when I did the Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify.

Lately I've been into Sia and the new Beyonce CD.
May 11, 2016 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
Joyce Manor, The 1975, Halsey, Florence + The Machine, Despised Icon, Defeater, Courtney Barnett, Comeback Kid, Bury Your Dead, Beloved (US), Neck Deep, Alkaline Trio, Jungle Rot, Dying Fetus, Lights, Nails, Weekend Nachos, State Champs, New Years Day

I've also been listening to a lot of Motionless In White recently, but I've been listening to them since I was 14 so I don't think that really counts.

SKYpz said:

<Beaten In Lips video>
Herzeleid said:
Taking Back Sunday, Thursday, Baroness, Emarosa.

SKYpz said:

They're good, Beaten In Lips is my fav from their album.
Apocalypse667 said:
New Grave genre.

Aka modern horror punk. It's a new but not new genre at the same time. It's basically bands mixing gothic punk and emo but they add some screamo/ post-hardcore elements as well depending on the band.

How it's not new is because that sounds been around for a while of course from bands like Aiden and I am Ghost but it's new because it's a new type of style. They keep to their emo roots but go deeper with their sound in older hardcore and punk. While adding a gothic vibe to it.

Creeper, Ashestoangels, FVK , new years day and requiem (old i am ghost vocalist is in there) to name a few. I'm sure there will be plenty of bands popping up all over within or near the new grave genre since it's starting to become popular in the underground scene, especially in the UK.

👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit
May 11, 2016 4:09 PM
May 2016
xxxtentacion & nothing,nowhere.
May 12, 2016 9:14 AM

May 2015
Kind of a guilty pleasure but Jeff Williams and Casey Lee Williams. Been blasting the hell out of the 3 RWBY soundtracks lately.
May 12, 2016 7:15 PM

Aug 2012
I tend to go in and out of phases of listening to nothing but one band. Right now I've been listening to The Birthday Massacre and Aurelio Voltaire.
May 13, 2016 10:11 AM

Apr 2010
I go through phases where a genre will really capture me or I'll return to it after a brief respite.

Only just recently have I emerged out of the indie-fueled folk scene of modern day as well as classic folk from the 60s and 70s. I absolutely HATE contemporary Country music but my modern folksy Pandora station has made me realize how much folk and classic country are entertwined. I love that sound from way back when, so Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, and Willie Nelson are a couple of artists that I've been enjoying lately.

Before that I revisited my interest in grunge music and have 110% solidified my devotion to the Layne Staley era of Alice in Chains as well as found new writing music in some Puscifer tracks.

And before that, well...

Things To Keep In Mind:
  • You shut your mouth when you're talking to me.
  • My thirst for anything humanoid (and legal) cannot be contained.
May 19, 2016 9:17 AM
May 2013
I'm surprised I had never heard of this band before last week. I've been loving their new album.

Electric Citizen - Crux
Jun 29, 2016 2:55 PM
Mar 2015
Fushitsusha. They sound like a darker and edgier version of Les Rallizes Denudes, minus the constant feedback, and I love that.

Jul 1, 2016 4:12 PM

Feb 2014
https://soundcloud.com/iceloki

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Jul 1, 2016 4:32 PM

Jun 2016
I've been listening to more Vocaloid (especially more of Masa's works), Erosian Exile, and The Enigma TNG. Plus a little bit of David Bowie on the side.

"Out of the night that conquers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul."

Jul 1, 2016 4:35 PM

Sep 2015
Babymetal, I've been playing their songs on osu a lot lately too
Jul 3, 2016 6:58 AM

Feb 2016
David Bowie,Man with a Mission,Granger Smith
Jul 22, 2016 8:47 PM

Apr 2015
I got into Babymetal in mid or late April, and from there also started to listen to Sakura Gakuin (idol group Babymetal used to a subunit of) and Yuyoyuppe (Vocaloid producer who's worked on some Babymetal songs and also makes electronic music under the name DJ'TEKINA//SOMETHING). I'm also starting to listen to some Dream Theater as of a few days ago since my favorite Babymetal song (Tales of the Destinies) is inspired by them.

So that's one thing I got into that's led to me finding three other things. And I still haven't looked up the other works of other people involved with BM. Also tempted to start listening to former Sakura Gakuin member Ayami Muto's solo stuff.
Jul 23, 2016 1:03 AM

Jan 2013
I'm really getting into Evans Blue right now.
Jul 23, 2016 1:24 AM
Jul 2018
I think I'm starting to get into Justin Bieber and 1D.
Who am I kidding, definitely not getting into them ever.
Jul 24, 2016 9:46 AM
Feb 2016
I've been listening to Juno Reactor recently, they have some good stuff.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3384 by NiaAlexandria »»
45 minutes ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7584 by NiaAlexandria »»
47 minutes ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

11 by Toooooooooohru »»
3 hours ago

» Is Kung Fu Panda 4 worth watching (NO SPOILERS)

Fukoku - Mar 24

3 by Fukoku »»
4 hours ago

» Discuss the last movie you watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GloriousHawk - Dec 29, 2012

4817 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Today, 7:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.