Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 27, 2016 8:05 PM

Jan 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Oh wow, very nice thinking on Lucy's part using Gemini to bring back the guild members. She's impressed lately. Then Makarov and Natsu takin' out Jacob, good show all around! :) Excited to finally head North and hopefully see my Strauss siblings in action!
Mar 28, 2016 3:19 AM
Sep 2014
I just realized how broken the Fairy Tail world is.
What's stopping people like DiMaria or even Natsu from taking over the world? IRRC, the Magic Counsil's defense team only has to be as strong as Milliana.

MILLIANA!

The world of FT is so inconsistent and broken and messy, Mashima could literally pull anything out of his ass and feed it to you guys.

I guess that's why he does it and gets away with it lol
Mar 28, 2016 4:37 AM

Apr 2008
So Natsu Can use his Fire Dragon King Demolition fist freely! Hahaha suck on that people who thought he used Igneel's power to take out that giant summon. Man I wonder how that move would be in Dragon Force!

edit:

CHapter is up on Mangastream. Natsu was seriously holding back
Darklight0303Mar 28, 2016 6:36 AM
Mar 28, 2016 6:38 AM

Dec 2013
Lucy was actually useful wtf

Natsu's punch was pretty cool to see.

6 down 6 to go.
Mar 28, 2016 6:42 AM
Apr 2014
There goes another Spriggan. :/ At least we got to see Lucy's capability.
Mar 28, 2016 6:47 AM

Aug 2013
These Spriggan have been pretty weak so far.

Was hoping for more info on how Mavis figured out how to beat Zeref.

Not a bad chapter though.
Mar 28, 2016 6:52 AM
Apr 2015
Lucy used her wits and Makarov finally did his thing.
Natsu being.... Natsu.

This was the Fairy Tail i know in the past. if only the bad guys weren't as hyped as they are, but they always are.
Mar 28, 2016 6:56 AM
Sep 2012
Well Juvia was on the cover and didn't appear in the chapter, which is un usual of late, normally characters on the cover are involved in the chapter even featured.

So Zeref is on his way very slowly. Whatever Mavis plan is, she better get on that quickly.

This was a good chapter, Lucy was the big hero in this chapter. Like in the Tartarus, no mater what the others do, they wouldn't have had that opportunity if it wasn't for Lucy.

She used her head to out smart Jacob, and for a second I thought Marin had a twin brother, so Lucy is as powerful as Marin. Good thing we are not dealing with dark guilds anymore, because most villains using a hostage won't work on them. What does Jacob mean that Dimaria would never let him here the end of this, Brandish and Dimaria relationship is very complex it seems, I think Dimaria would be delighted to see Brandish gone.

Lucy brings everyone back, and than Makarov does the rest, finally doing something beyond being helpless. And Natsu puts a little exclamation point on Jacob and he is defeated.

So now we have three prisoners? Well good chapter, great to see that Lucy was not a damsel and the old man kicking some butt.
Mar 28, 2016 7:02 AM
Oct 2013
Ok that was a decent chapter. It was smart thinking by Lucy and good use of Gemini. Really don't have too much to complain about this week at all other than nitpicks that no one really needs to care about.
Mar 28, 2016 7:05 AM

Mar 2011
Major props to Lucy.
Natsu not being serious despite FT's lives on the line is still stupid.
Jacob is definitely worse than DiMaria. His magic wasn't even that impressive, just your standard invisibility. How the hell he took down a country is beyond me. But I guess all these offscreen feats are incomparable to FT....
SO, are we finally down to the original 6 spriggan now?
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Mar 28, 2016 7:05 AM

Nov 2011
I really hope the next Spriggan will be stronger than this. In the meantime, I think Lucy did a fair job with bringing everyone back. Not bad.
Mar 28, 2016 7:07 AM

Feb 2010
haha, I forgot about Gemini so was like 'wtf o_O' when that Marin copy appeared. Good thinking on Lucy's part, and Natsu is always cool with his attacks.

Nice to see Jacob beat. Wonder how long it will take for Zeref to actually reach FT.
Mar 28, 2016 7:09 AM
Oct 2015
Where did u read the chapter guys, plz send link.
Mar 28, 2016 7:34 AM

Aug 2011
I like this chapter much more than the last one. Lucy had a potential with her type of magic and after the Star dress introduction she became more prominent mage. With the wits she saved everyone who was captured and tag team Natsu-Makarov finished Jacob as nothing :D
Mar 28, 2016 7:37 AM

Sep 2014
Welp, another one down. Lucy saves the day nice! It's been a while since she used Gemini.
Hope the remaining spriggans will put up a better fight though..
Mar 28, 2016 7:39 AM

Jan 2016
Lucy actually impressed me here

lol Mavis in her 20s, indeed a loli
Mar 28, 2016 8:07 AM

Jul 2014
This chapter mentions how 5 spriggans had already been defeated, now increasing to 6. Does that mean those were the ones Mashima added in and the last 6 will actually be threatening?

Nice seeing Lucy in action. I always though Gemini was an extremely useful spirit and having Marin's power at hand is pretty fucking cool.
[center][/center]
Mar 28, 2016 8:08 AM

Dec 2015
So, zeref's new outfit huh... w-well for me he looks more like a prince than a king. cool outfit tho.
aneheimMar 28, 2016 8:25 AM
Mar 28, 2016 8:58 AM

Jul 2007
And Natsu oneshots yet another hyped up let down spriggan crapper....GG

I miss Tartaros arc :[
I miss when things actually mattered or enemies were actually competent threat.

If not for Lucy's scenes this would be 1/5 chapter but since I am being generous, 3/5
Mar 28, 2016 9:22 AM

Jul 2012
And another super strong spriggan defeated. At least something like that was expected after previous chapter.
I understand that FT manga is all about friendship or nakama power, but when they all together fighting one enemy (who is as i said super strong, sorry for the same sarcasm) it feels so pathetic ...
allenjkeMar 28, 2016 9:27 AM
Mar 28, 2016 9:29 AM
Nov 2015
Not a bad chapter but room for improvement. Zeref looks really badass in that outfit, Lucy used her wits, Makarov proved his worth, Jacob showed he cares for his comrades and Natsu is too OP lol. If not for Zeref, these Spriggans would be done long ago. Also, that end page, Natsu burned away Jacob's clothes lol!

Fai said:
And Natsu oneshots yet another hyped up let down spriggan crapper....GG

I miss Tartaros arc :[
I miss when things actually mattered or enemies were actually competent threat.

If not for Lucy's scenes this would be 1/5 chapter but since I am being generous, 3/5

Well, we are down to the original 6 Spriggans so lets hope these ones will be more of a threat. Next chapter's title sounds dark and most likely referring to Bloodman.

aneheim said:
So, zeref's new outfit huh... w-well for me he looks more like a prince than a king. cool outfit tho.

Yup, very cool clothes :D

Darklight0303 said:
So Natsu Can use his Fire Dragon King Demolition fist freely! Hahaha suck on that people who thought he used Igneel's power to take out that giant summon. Man I wonder how that move would be in Dragon Force!

edit:

CHapter is up on Mangastream. Natsu was seriously holding back

Hopefully that will shut up all the rubbish about Natsu not being Spriggan level -_-
Mar 28, 2016 9:30 AM

Apr 2008
And yet again people are disappointed by their own baseless expectations. Also how the fuck was this a oneshot when we had two chapters of fighting =_=
Mar 28, 2016 9:31 AM
Oct 2013
vitaxlilium said:
This chapter mentions how 5 spriggans had already been defeated, now increasing to 6. Does that mean those were the ones Mashima added in and the last 6 will actually be threatening?

Nice seeing Lucy in action. I always though Gemini was an extremely useful spirit and having Marin's power at hand is pretty fucking cool.

That´s a widely spread rumor, but it´s unlilely since the editor asked him to make it 6 Spriggans and Hiro insisted on 12.

Hiro Mashima has a track record with inconsistently written teams, he has always one weak one at least, without exception.
1.Oracsion seis had the guy that turned good. (out of 6)
2. Grimoire heart had Meredy. (out of 7)
3.Tartaros had that fodder guy that had eaten Hades soul. (out of 9)

The list keeps going on, this trend of fodderizing one oppontent even predates Fairy Tail.
In Rave Master the Six Oracions had a member that got oneshotted by the protagonist two who sided with the good guys and one of the two was comic relief (3/6).
Before them they faced the Palace guard of King(Big Boss), a group of 4.
One got oneshotted, the other was trolled (2/4).
The final bosses of the series consistet of 4 demon lords and the final villain, One of them was fodder too. The other 3 thankfully made up for him but Hiro Mashima´s track record shows that he never manages to throw out more than 3 threats per villain group.

In conclusion:It´s unlikely that we´ll see more this arc. Considering it´s pacing Zeref Acnologia and maybe August will do something, everyone else should be crap.
Mar 28, 2016 9:31 AM
Nov 2015
Darklight0303 said:
And yet again people are disappointed by their own baseless expectations. Also how the fuck was this a oneshot when we had two chapters of fighting =_=

Not to mention, Jacob was one of the weaker Spriggans.
Mar 28, 2016 9:43 AM

Jan 2015
Wait, wait, wait , wait...
Last time Natsu's activated Blaze Dragon King Mode to fight Zeref, he said that he can use it only once, later he got cancer because of that magic, and now he can use it at free will?
Wtf Mashima?
Mar 28, 2016 9:47 AM

Apr 2008
Zinzoo said:
Wait, wait, wait , wait...
Last time Natsu's activated Blaze Dragon King Mode to fight Zeref, he said that he can use it only once, later he got cancer because of that magic, and now he can use it at free will?
Wtf Mashima?

Igneel's Power and Blaze Dragon King Mode are two different things. Or did youforget that Natsu used it on the giant summon in the Avatar arc. Kindly use your brain for once
Mar 28, 2016 9:49 AM
May 2015
Hard to gauge when the PL are inconsistent

On topic it was great to see Lucy shine again and her Gemini Stardress was clever

Jacob(lol) is down. 6 more to go
Mar 28, 2016 9:54 AM
Nov 2015
I thought it will be overkill to Alvarez guy
But I guess sending him away by natsu is also overkill
Mar 28, 2016 9:54 AM
Oct 2013
Trentor11 said:
Hard to gauge when the PL are inconsistent

The PL were vague since the series started they became inconsistent around Tenru Island and they are a converluded mess of Bullshit since GMG.

My main beef with the series and you realized it now ?
Mar 28, 2016 9:55 AM

Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:

Igneel's Power and Blaze Dragon King Mode are two different things. Or did youforget that Natsu used it on the giant summon in the Avatar arc. Kindly use your brain for once

"Fire Dragon King Mode is a unique ability granted unto a Fire Dragon Slayer by Igneel, the Fire Dragon King. Utilizing the residual, inert Magic Power of Igneel that resides within the Dragon Slayer, a draconian tattoo appears on their arm that serves as the physical manifestation of the aforementioned Magic Power; this power took the original user, Natsu Dragneel, who is extremely powerful in his own right, ten months of dedicated training to master. As a result of the sheer volume of the Magic Power itself, before even properly utilizing the power to its fullest, the user radiates incredible heat, and their speed and power drastically increase to levels that allow them to fight toe-to-toe with beings as incredulously powerful as Zeref, and even completely incinerate forbidden, powerful Magic such as Ankhseram Black Magic. When the Magic Power is exerted to its maximum, in a radius expanding meters, the ground itself becomes lit in a circular inferno, and the user becomes cloaked in flames that roughly resemble a silhouette of Igneel; the mode is said to be the manifestation of Igneel's undying will, however, the Magic Power bestowed is extremely finite, and once it runs out, the user can never utilize its power again."

Straight from wiki, if this is not it then somebody mistranslated this chapter. And i'd be grateful if you could stop being asshole and stop offending people, have some culture...
Mar 28, 2016 10:09 AM
Nov 2015
Zinzoo said:
Darklight0303 said:

"Fire Dragon King Mode is a unique ability granted unto a Fire Dragon Slayer by Igneel, the Fire Dragon King. Utilizing the residual, inert Magic Power of Igneel that resides within the Dragon Slayer, a draconian tattoo appears on their arm that serves as the physical manifestation of the aforementioned Magic Power; this power took the original user, Natsu Dragneel, who is extremely powerful in his own right, ten months of dedicated training to master. As a result of the sheer volume of the Magic Power itself, before even properly utilizing the power to its fullest, the user radiates incredible heat, and their speed and power drastically increase to levels that allow them to fight toe-to-toe with beings as incredulously powerful as Zeref, and even completely incinerate forbidden, powerful Magic such as Ankhseram Black Magic. When the Magic Power is exerted to its maximum, in a radius expanding meters, the ground itself becomes lit in a circular inferno, and the user becomes cloaked in flames that roughly resemble a silhouette of Igneel; the mode is said to be the manifestation of Igneel's undying will, however, the Magic Power bestowed is extremely finite, and once it runs out, the user can never utilize its power again."

Straight from wiki, if this is not it then somebody mistranslated this chapter. And i'd be grateful if you could stop being asshole and stop offending people, have some culture...

And the wiki is edited by humans. And it can be wrong. And I can just go there and change that entire text with some bullshit.

Igneel's power was FROM THE TATTOO. He lost it after his fight with Zeref. The attacks that Natsu used on Ikatsunagi and Jacob were his own.
Mar 28, 2016 10:11 AM

Jul 2012
Chaos_Harbinger said:
Darklight0303 said:

Then how about Jacob beating them in the beginning of the chapter and Natsu using Fire Dragon King Mode for him, it's like he was so weak so i used my best move to beat him ...
Mar 28, 2016 10:13 AM
Nov 2015
allenjke said:
Chaos_Harbinger said:

Then how about Jacob beating them in the beginning of the chapter and Natsu using Fire Dragon King Mode for him, it's like he was so weak so i used my best move to beat him ...

That was clearly not his best move. He used the same mode for Ikatsatsunagi and that guy was weaker than Jacob. If Natsu had went all out from the start, Jacob would be roasted to a crisp.
Mar 28, 2016 10:14 AM

Jan 2015
Chaos_Harbinger said:

And the wiki is edited by humans. And it can be wrong. And I can just go there and change that entire text with some bullshit.

Igneel's power was FROM THE TATTOO. He lost it after his fight with Zeref. The attacks that Natsu used on Ikatsunagi and Jacob were his own.

Right, I hope you are right cause otherwise it wouldn't make any sense but time will tell what Mashima's going to prepare for us
Mar 28, 2016 10:14 AM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:

WE had two chapters of Brandish and God Serena level of disappointing Shenanigans of fooling around and being shy.
Mar 28, 2016 10:20 AM

Apr 2008
Also after seeing the sheer damage to his surroundings in this chapter and looking back, Natsu's destructive potential surpasses the late Serena's and this is all WITHOUT dragon Force active.
Mar 28, 2016 10:21 AM

Jul 2012
Chaos_Harbinger said:
allenjke said:

That was clearly not his best move. He used the same mode for Ikatsatsunagi and that guy was weaker than Jacob. If Natsu had went all out from the start, Jacob would be roasted to a crisp.

Okay, maybe it was not the best move, but some cool move that is 2page-panel and u said if Natsu went all-out? Jacob came to FT guild clearly to kill them and Natsu is just playing with him and losing on purpose. If that's what you mean then ok, i don't even know what to say.
Mar 28, 2016 10:26 AM
Nov 2015
allenjke said:
Chaos_Harbinger said:

Okay, maybe it was not the best move, but some cool move that is 2page-panel and u said if Natsu went all-out? Jacob came to FT guild clearly to kill them and Natsu is just playing with him and losing on purpose. If that's what you mean then ok, i don't even know what to say.

I don't mean to fight with/anger you but Natsu clearly said he doesn't want to destroy the guild house and that's why Makarov threw him out the guild so he wouldn't be limited. Once outside, Natsu activated his Blaze Dragon King mode (he used similar techniques on the summon), evaporated an entire lake in mere second, created an entire crater across the land and proceeded to destroy Jacob utterly (and burning his clothes in the process :p)..

Though I do wonder why Natsu's clothes are burnt off xD
Mar 28, 2016 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
Well, that was lame... not complaining about Natsu taking down Jacob, in fact I loved that punch of Natsu, but the fact that the Spriggan 12 are shown as incredibly weak, I mea c'mon, my last hope lies in old man August to show a real fight...
Mar 28, 2016 10:43 AM

Jul 2012
Chaos_Harbinger said:
allenjke said:

I don't mean to fight with/anger you but Natsu clearly said he doesn't want to destroy the guild house and that's why Makarov threw him out the guild so he wouldn't be limited. Once outside, Natsu activated his Blaze Dragon King mode (he used similar techniques on the summon), evaporated an entire lake in mere second, created an entire crater across the land and proceeded to destroy Jacob utterly (and burning his clothes in the process :p)..

Though I do wonder why Natsu's clothes are burnt off xD

The same, i don't even want to fight, just saying that FT manga is complete mess right now. At first all the spriggans were showed like they were so strong so each one of them could win alone, but that was only on paper. There is always some convenient and plotwise-progression stuff, but there should be some limit.
Mar 28, 2016 11:21 AM

Jun 2013
"Zeref's New Clothes" Fit for emperor, but could be even more Emperorly...
Zeref no longer hesitates...

BRILLIANT LUCY!!!! SHE LITERALLY LEAD ONE OF THE SPRIGGAN 12 BY NOSE!!! XD
Nice Use of Gemini's Abilities! She has truly grown up as excellent MAGE!!

And Brandish...even if you surrendered....You should have just now help you fellow Spriggan 12 shouldn't you? why the hell you were just standing there?
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Mar 28, 2016 11:50 AM

Jan 2015
allenjke said:

At first all the spriggans were showed like they were so strong so each one of them could win alone, but that was only on paper. There is always some convenient and plotwise-progression stuff, but there should be some limit.

I agree with you I'm still waiting for those incredibly powerful mages Mashima talked about in the begining of the war. So far almost half's down and i'm not really impresed with what they've shown.
I wonder if Zeref or Spriggans will manage to do some significant damage to Fairy Tail's forces cause so far haven't lost almost anything during this war. This is kinda strange but I hope that when Acnologia and Zeref will manage to reach Fair Tail shit will seriously go down. Also it would be nice to see any Natsu's serious fight cause lets be honest Jacob wasn't a big deal for him
ZinzooMar 28, 2016 11:57 AM
Mar 28, 2016 12:05 PM
Oct 2015
Ryuma00 said:
I like this chapter much more than the last one. Lucy had a potential with her type of magic and after the Star dress introduction she became more prominent mage. With the wits she saved everyone who was captured and tag team Natsu-Makarov finished Jacob as nothing :D

But still no solo , we need a solo Lucy fight the last was against Jackal .
Mar 28, 2016 12:14 PM

Dec 2015
Really clever of Lucy to use Gemini in that way to bring the guild members back. Lol at Mavis saying she only in her twenties. Makarov and Natsu taking out Jacob was good to see. Also Zeref making some slow progress.
Really want to see Gajeel and Gray in action.

Mar 28, 2016 12:16 PM

Dec 2009
Pretty great chapter. Got to see Lucy be the instrument of defeat for Jacob which was awesome, and its cool to see it confirmed that Natsu can use his Blaze Dragon King mode separate from Igneels powers. I loled at the part Makarov told Jacob to show Mavis respect, implying she was the oldest there, and she's just like "I'm only in my 20s!". I guess she considers the time she's spent as a ghost to not add to her age. She's FT's eternal loli indeed lol.

I know based off the foreward in the latest volumes of the manga, Hiro Mashima states that there is a specific reason we have so many Spriggan and that some of them being weaker than we originally thought probably plays into a bigger twist. Zeref also didn't seem worried at all even with Natsu being on Fairy Tail's side.
Mar 28, 2016 12:40 PM
Mar 2015
It was a boring chapter. The spriggans are a joke. As of now it really does not feel like a war. There is no real damage done to FT. I hope this will change in the next few chapters.
Mar 28, 2016 12:50 PM

Jul 2007
Cesar_Knight said:
Well, that was lame... not complaining about Natsu taking down Jacob, in fact I loved that punch of Natsu, but the fact that the Spriggan 12 are shown as incredibly weak, I mea c'mon, my last hope lies in old man August to show a real fight...

Yeah its absolutely ridiculous that one of supposedly THE Strongest people int he world, anenemy, AN ASSASSIn, walked straight into the guild and NOTHING OF NOTE HAPPENED.

If this was Tartaros, half the guild would be freaking dead.
Mar 28, 2016 1:40 PM

Nov 2012
Good chapter. I wonder why they choose Jacob as one of the Spriggan when Marin's magic can win him so easily. I mean they should have choose Marin instead...
Mar 28, 2016 2:14 PM

Dec 2012
Lucy was smart in using Gemini to copy Marin's magic to reverse Jocab's spatial magic to get everyone back.

Natsu delivering that final blow.

Well thats another Spriggan down.

Zeref & his army ready to move towards Fairy Tail.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 28, 2016 3:13 PM

Apr 2014
Well, another one kick the bucket I gues....
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.