Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 27, 2016 6:22 PM

Jun 2009
My main complaint about this episode is that why did the revolutionaries prioritized loading Axmann's wounded right-hand man on a stretcher instead of Iris? And why didn't they rush her to the hospital when they have more than enough time to take her in a scenic view of the city?
Mar 27, 2016 6:24 PM
Feb 2015
Infiziert90 said:
Every one knows that euro is fallen in Muv Luv ...
But atm i know that the LN is at the same point of story like the anime (not the read LN, only hear it from guys) ... so its not enough content for a season 2 atm

The LN already finished. They're actually adapting all 7 volumes in 12 episodes hence why it's so rushed and paced badly.
Mar 27, 2016 6:49 PM
Dec 2013
yes another not so good anime is finished...
Mar 27, 2016 7:06 PM

Nov 2015
I suspected Theodor was the mastermind behind Total Eclipse because of his striking resemblance. No evidence from this anime :/
Mar 27, 2016 7:08 PM
Jan 2016
Longan said:
I suspected Theodor was the mastermind behind Total Eclipse because of his striking resemblance. No evidence from this anime :/

Probably in the 2ND part of Schwarzesmarken visual novel.
Mar 27, 2016 7:25 PM
Jul 2012
The ending was kind of sad, but I kinda saw it coming since they passed on the torched to Katia a few episodes back. I agreed that they should have tried to save her at least, but given they started a revolution with rioting, I guess you can argue that the hospitals might not be in a decent state. Still, not happy to see my ship get shot down, quite literally.
Mar 27, 2016 7:44 PM

Jan 2008
If ppl want to have a different ending in the series, you look into this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaxCLSclB74, when this is available, you can get it on steam.
Mar 27, 2016 8:01 PM
Mar 2016
Plz Don't make a secound season! Even though I wouldn't mind) This was a Great Experience and as much as I would love it to continue, I feel like there is not much left to do, all that would be left is fighting the BETA and maybe a new party rasing to power.
Mar 27, 2016 8:10 PM
Jul 2018
Irisdina death was SO stupid..

oh yes Theodor you love the girl so let's expend some time seeing the sunrise while she bleed to the death
removed-userMar 27, 2016 8:20 PM
Mar 27, 2016 8:15 PM

Jan 2008
GemHunter said:
Plz Don't make a secound season! Even though I wouldn't mind) This was a Great Experience and as much as I would love it to continue, I feel like there is not much left to do, all that would be left is fighting the BETA and maybe a new party rasing to power.

Exactly, The Euro Front will come next.
Mar 27, 2016 8:26 PM
Mar 2016
planetwarrior said:
GemHunter said:

You Are not even Wrong... and I don't Know if I like it or not, but If they can Push(Really Hard!) Schwarzenmaken for 1 more season(which as much as it hurts I doubt it), then I'll be satisfied with that story line so we can jump to The Euro Front.
Mar 27, 2016 8:33 PM

Jan 2008
GemHunter said:
planetwarrior said:

You Are not even Wrong... and I don't Know if I like it or not, but If they can Push(Really Hard!) Schwarzenmaken for 1 more season(which as much as it hurts I doubt it), then I'll be satisfied with that story line so we can jump to The Euro Front.

they can adapt Bernhard im Schatten, which 10 years earlier before Schwarzesmarken.
Mar 27, 2016 8:34 PM
Mar 2016
PericlesD said:
Irisdina death was SO stupid..

oh yes Theodor you love the girl so let's expend some time seeing the sunrise while she bleed to the death

Yep I was At First like "aww that sad..." when she was dying to then be like "Wait they are going to the Lake" to finally go "Oh she did died and Theodore was in love with Her?" (That Flashback with Lise made me sad :'c) so Team Katia is no more. Plus getting the "To be Continued" at the end... yeah it was weird (still want that secound season though ^u^ cheer for Team Katia!).
Mar 27, 2016 8:36 PM
Mar 2016
planetwarrior said:
GemHunter said:

they can adapt Bernhard im Schatten, which 10 years earlier before Schwarzesmarken.

Sure but I mainly want to see what happens after this...
Mar 27, 2016 8:37 PM

Jul 2015
I've learned 1 thing on this episode. People dying and still have a chit-chat for long time also easly to breathe, lol. Shit happened when Irisdina was gone :( why Irisdina why.

Overall is pretty good, but seems like rushed. A good point is i didnt watch Muv-Luv, and still understood for the story.
Mar 27, 2016 8:55 PM
Mar 2016
RapeRapeRape said:
I've learned 1 thing on this episode. People dying and still have a chit-chat for long time also easly to breathe, lol. Shit happened when Irisdina was gone :( why Irisdina why.

Overall is pretty good, but seems like rushed. A good point is i didnt watch Muv-Luv, and still understood for the story.

I feel like were on the same boat, for I as well didn't read Muv-Luv, still i belive The Ending was good even though I do feel a little sad because I think it was a little weak for it didn't answer some questions that i had in mind like "what will happen with Theodore and Katia?" Over all I agree when you say that they rushed the last episode but the rest I think was well passed. (Im Still cheering for Team Katia! hopefully that will become true on the next season.
Mar 27, 2016 9:21 PM

Oct 2013
Everything was great, the plot was great. But, Irisdina's death is stupid beyond relief.
They could have easily saved her from those wounds. If they dared to modify Gretel's survival, they could have done a bit more for Irisdina and just let her live happily.

9/10, loved Schwarzesmarken.
But...Iris, oh God. Let her rest in peace
Mar 27, 2016 9:30 PM

Apr 2013
ma2ha3 said:
very nice, great BETA anime. A lot of people died, typical BETA. Just the Incest part, a bit strange. She might be stasi. but i bang her, so she is with us now. That is a tough sell. Probably ban in USA tv network.

Not incest, he was adopted.
Anyway, the whole season felt a bit rushed here and there... You LN people, is my feeling true?
Like robots? Then watch getter robot :D
Mar 27, 2016 9:43 PM

Oct 2013
.............. there goes 2nd best girl.

You just couldn't help yourself could you Muv-Luv? I bet if there were about just 3 mins remaining you'd still make sure to kill Iris in that time. This wasn't necessary, although admittedly it was a beautiful death scene...

So Theodor's lost Lise, Iris and he ended up a bigger war hero than before & one of the people entrusted with the country's future. A bittersweet ending but still, #FeelsBadMan on a personal level. Still makes you wonder what would've happened if he removed himself from the conflict together with Lise & go live together in some other part of the world.

Oh yea, and R.I.P. Walter & Sylvia too. As expected, if one died, the other was gonna follow. But damn it Walter, you died for the sake of getting rid of a gun... It's like one when you get a team mate in League who suicides while trying to do something useful but fails for the most part & goes "WORTH!" in chat.

T'was a great ride overall & quite a bit better than Total Eclipse(which I still enjoyed). 2-cours would've served Schwarzesmarken great in order to get some solid characterization on everyone from 666, or at least more on Iris but considering the time restraints of adapting what I hear to be a fairly long LN with only 12 eps to work with, this was pretty solid, IMO.
Mar 27, 2016 9:45 PM
Apr 2011
Iris's death seems kind of improperly done....It would be so much better if they had the conversation in the mech while rushing to find medical facilities. Not sure about the LN or VN, but killing off Iris seems like forced sad ending. I am okay with MCs dying but it really needs to be for a good reason.

Overall a good anime. Way better than so many harem crap or complete disasters like valvrape and a/z
Mar 27, 2016 10:00 PM

Jan 2008
firezero10 said:
Iris's death seems kind of improperly done....It would be so much better if they had the conversation in the mech while rushing to find medical facilities. Not sure about the LN or VN, but killing off Iris seems like forced sad ending. I am okay with MCs dying but it really needs to be for a good reason.

Overall a good anime. Way better than so many harem crap or complete disasters like valvrape and a/z

If you make the right route in VN, she is alive somehow.
Mar 28, 2016 12:01 AM
Jun 2012
I call bullshit on both Irisdina's judgement to chase that scoundrel while being handcuffed, only to get shot, AND Theodore's dense judgement for not bringing her to medical treatment while instead, showing her Berlin for almost an entire half an hour or so while she was still alive, BLEEDING STUPIDLY.

(I dont follow the VN, but ITS COMMON SENSE, RIGHT?)
Mar 28, 2016 12:12 AM
Feb 2015
This episode had me in tears especially at the end when Theodor confessed his love to the best girl of the show my waifu Irisdina </3 :( I'm not sure if she had any feelings for him but it would've been nice if the anime was a bit longer and those two had more screen time together to see how there relationship would develop but sadly it didn't happen.

But in my opinion the anime was a 10. I'm not to fond of the whole politics genre if that's even considered one but the way it was explained in here had me interested plus I loved how each and every one of the characters would willingly die to protect there fellow comrades and try very hard to unite both sides of Germany together so there could be peace once more. That's something I love about this anime ^^ My only complaint would be is if it was easy to save Gretel after being stuck in the explosion why THE HELL DID THEY LET IRISDINA DIE. Stupid directors she deserved to live to everyone did <_<
Mar 28, 2016 1:36 AM
Sep 2010
Ehh, yeah the Iris death scene a bit overdramatized but oh well! Gotta say Beatrix's "Unite the people with Stasi power" still makes more sense than "Die with freedom!" despite the anime making her look really evil hah.

Figured Walter and Sylvia would die after last ep and Anett would live. Final fight was pretty intense and overall Schwarzesmarken was a very fun show to watch.
Mar 28, 2016 1:40 AM
Sep 2010
Great Story, sadly, it was poorly developed. I don't know what is canon anymore or where Muv Luv even fits in or which VN to read. Iris death was seriously the dumbest way to have killed her. I was hoping for Axman to take a shot only to have Annet killed him before he could. Or maybe even Theo coming to the rescued. Okay fine he kills her, jesus christ how long do you guys think it took for theo and her to go see the sunrise? Why do people automatically assume shot wounds anywhere on the torso is instant death? Shot in the limbs? Just a mosquito bite walk it off? stomachwound? instead of taking her to an hospital waste time getting her inside the robot thing, carrying her to the hands...

I enjoyed the anime a lot but it would have been done better. As someone else mentioned, why did the rebels focus fired on the other guy? Why the hell did Annet throw her the gun when she could have shot axman? OR better taken her robot withads

you know what screw it

decent anime
Mar 28, 2016 2:36 AM
Mar 2016
Avus said:
yes another not so good anime is finished...

Bro watch your mouth, it's one of the best anime released this winter. I totally respect your opinion but saying it not so good, I think you are underrating it.
I can't imagine you having no emotional breakthrough while watching the anime series. I am totally positive that you sure had a good anime character which you wanted him to live, but I'm sure that character is dead. But an anime which impacts the viewer is what really can be called an anime (either it's good or bad).
The plot of the story was excellent but it was too rushed. It could've been 24 ep anime if it went at a slow and nice pace.
Mar 28, 2016 2:40 AM
Mar 2016
firezero10 said:

I am completely favoring your comment you are right, they really should've made Irisdina's death more epic. My only complaints are they should've maintained a nice pace of the anime. It was too rushed, and the way Irisdina died confirms it that they were rushing the anime. A forced sad ending.
Mar 28, 2016 2:43 AM
Mar 2016
SimonLaDigger said:
Great Story, sadly, it was poorly developed. I don't know what is canon anymore or where Muv Luv even fits in or which VN to read. Iris death was seriously the dumbest way to have killed her. I was hoping for Axman to take a shot only to have Annet killed him before he could. Or maybe even Theo coming to the rescued. Okay fine he kills her, jesus christ how long do you guys think it took for theo and her to go see the sunrise? Why do people automatically assume shot wounds anywhere on the torso is instant death? Shot in the limbs? Just a mosquito bite walk it off? stomachwound? instead of taking her to an hospital waste time getting her inside the robot thing, carrying her to the hands...

I enjoyed the anime a lot but it would have been done better. As someone else mentioned, why did the rebels focus fired on the other guy? Why the hell did Annet throw her the gun when she could have shot axman? OR better taken her robot withads

you know what screw it

decent anime

Your reasons are completely valid and I support them, Those are the flaws of the anime. It would be of no use to bicker on the ending of this anime, however to reduce the burden of pain and sorrow of the ending, I'm here. You can share your burden with me.
Mar 28, 2016 2:45 AM
Mar 2016
hu
-Janet said:
This episode had me in tears especially at the end when Theodor confessed his love to the best girl of the show my waifu Irisdina </3 :( I'm not sure if she had any feelings for him but it would've been nice if the anime was a bit longer and those two had more screen time together to see how there relationship would develop but sadly it didn't happen.

But in my opinion the anime was a 10. I'm not to fond of the whole politics genre if that's even considered one but the way it was explained in here had me interested plus I loved how each and every one of the characters would willingly die to protect there fellow comrades and try very hard to unite both sides of Germany together so there could be peace once more. That's something I love about this anime ^^ My only complaint would be is if it was easy to save Gretel after being stuck in the explosion why THE HELL DID THEY LET IRISDINA DIE. Stupid directors she deserved to live to everyone did <_<

Hug me my Brother.... We have a mutual understanding because of our comprehension on this subject. I wholeheartedly agree with your remark. I wish to read your remarks on various other anime as well.
Mar 28, 2016 3:06 AM

Apr 2015
Actually a good ending for a franchise where hots chicks die when they get killed. The ending is way better than MLA Total Eclipse which shit me....

They can end the series here. No more second season.
#CHEXIT
Mar 28, 2016 3:19 AM

May 2014
Satisfying ending. Hope to see more anime like this.
Should I have the same expectations if ever I'll watch Muv-Luv Alternative TE?
Mar 28, 2016 5:24 AM

Sep 2014
kind of generic, which is a shame because it has quite a unique setting.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 28, 2016 5:29 AM

Oct 2008
Solid 8/10.
Even with all the cliche and character deaths.
It managed to bring in something new to the genre.
Mar 28, 2016 5:33 AM

Aug 2008
RIP Irisdina. But seriously though. When help came Irisdina should just find cover and ignore Axmann but instead, she decided to chase him down risking her life.This is better than the Total Eclipse.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 28, 2016 6:45 AM

Dec 2013
This is another one of those show's that were going strong for the first 11 episodes... and then messed it up at the very end (Grimgar had the same problem, IMO).

Seriously, can someone who's read the LN or played the VN please tell the rest of us here if this is exactly how things went down in those mediums?
Did they actually get Irisdina shot, spend XX amount of time to tell Katia AND Theodore, spend XX amount of time to get both characters TO Irisdina, when all that amount of time COULD have been better used to call an ambulance, send her to the nearest hospital and get her treatment that should potentially save her life?!?!! As much as I like this show, this single illogical plot point irks the hell out of me. I would have believed it if they'd administered first aid on her stomach and still explained that she wouldn't make it, but since they didn't even do that, the entire setup for Iris' final moments just made for a really ironically stupid scene trying to squeeze tears from unthinking, mindless viewers. I don't buy it, and I'm sure all the people who are complaining about it don't either.

On the whole, I understand the history of reuniting East Germany with West Germany, as well as the aid of the Western powers in doing so to create a collective front to push back the immediate threat of BETA. I appreciate the triumph of the revolution built on Westernized ideals over a tyrannical political system under Stasi rule which exploits familial and other relationships. Those were all well and good as plot points to push the story forward, and did well to paint Axemanns ambitions.
Despite it all, however, I cannot come to understand how Beatrix was roped into such ideals, when those Stasi ways are specifically what created the situation where Iris had to shoot her own brother... Why would she believe that such a system that killed her one and only beloved person would be the right one?

Question for those who read the VN/LN.... does the game/books explain everything better? And are they still ongooing, or have the stories here actually ended?

I wouldn't mind watching a second season, but with no actual political strife, the main focus for anything after that would purely be Humanity against the BETA...
L-RyoshiMar 28, 2016 6:52 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 28, 2016 6:52 AM

May 2009
Can Kousei play the piano despite injuries?
Mar 28, 2016 8:45 AM
Feb 2015
L-Ryoshi said:
This is another one of those show's that were going strong for the first 11 episodes... and then messed it up at the very end (Grimgar had the same problem, IMO).

Seriously, can someone who's read the LN or played the VN please tell the rest of us here if this is exactly how things went down in those mediums?
Did they actually get Irisdina shot, spend XX amount of time to tell Katia AND Theodore, spend XX amount of time to get both characters TO Irisdina, when all that amount of time COULD have been better used to call an ambulance, send her to the nearest hospital and get her treatment that should potentially save her life?!?!! As much as I like this show, this single illogical plot point irks the hell out of me. I would have believed it if they'd administered first aid on her stomach and still explained that she wouldn't make it, but since they didn't even do that, the entire setup for Iris' final moments just made for a really ironically stupid scene trying to squeeze tears from unthinking, mindless viewers. I don't buy it, and I'm sure all the people who are complaining about it don't either.

On the whole, I understand the history of reuniting East Germany with West Germany, as well as the aid of the Western powers in doing so to create a collective front to push back the immediate threat of BETA. I appreciate the triumph of the revolution built on Westernized ideals over a tyrannical political system under Stasi rule which exploits familial and other relationships. Those were all well and good as plot points to push the story forward, and did well to paint Axemanns ambitions.
Despite it all, however, I cannot come to understand how Beatrix was roped into such ideals, when those Stasi ways are specifically what created the situation where Iris had to shoot her own brother... Why would she believe that such a system that killed her one and only beloved person would be the right one?

Question for those who read the VN/LN.... does the game/books explain everything better? And are they still ongooing, or have the stories here actually ended?

I wouldn't mind watching a second season, but with no actual political strife, the main focus for anything after that would purely be Humanity against the BETA...

Hmm i hope this short preview helps in your question if the VN/LN explains thing better or in a greater detail.

For one i'll guarantee that people will love the Lise there more than the anime. She was actually fairly interesting till she betrayed the squad...
Katia was initially annoying or rather i should say delusional cause she actually believes that she can save everyone by working together.

And the VN, 2nd part of it has 3 routes but i won't really expect much of a happy ending in it since this is Muv-Luv, the story which provide love in the form of tragedy.
Mar 28, 2016 9:00 AM

Dec 2013
ixarising said:

Hmm i hope this short preview helps in your question if the VN/LN explains thing better or in a greater detail.

For one i'll guarantee that people will love the Lise there more than the anime. She was actually fairly interesting till she betrayed the squad...
Katia was initially annoying or rather i should say delusional cause she actually believes that she can save everyone by working together.

And the VN, 2nd part of it has 3 routes but i won't really expect much of a happy ending in it since this is Muv-Luv, the story which provide love in the form of tragedy.

Thanks for the preview. I really wouldn't mind trying out the VN myself after watching that.
The scene I'm asking about specifically though, was when Irisdina died though. Was it really explained in the VN how taking her to a hospital would be a waste of time, and that she'd die anyway? Because I think for me and many of those posing the questions here, it just seems like one or two bullets to the stomach, if she'd been rushed to the hospital immediately after that firefight, shouldn't have been enough to kill her. What I'm wondering specifically is whether there was an explanation in the VN as to why they didn't immediately lift her over to a hospital and rather just spent so much time watching the sunrise waiting for her to die...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 28, 2016 9:20 AM

Oct 2013
Oh yea, forgot to add. I think we should all give proper mention to Anett for being that one person you don't want on your team when shit starts to go down. Let's see:

- Get's that blonde chick at the beginning killed(btw does the author enjoy killing off all the blondes or something?), Inghild I believe.

- Get's Sylvia killed(you could say Walter dies as a result of that but that's his fault for going yolo on Beatrix so imma pass this one).

- Fails to help Iris by throwing her a gun instead of shooting Axmann herself(c'mon, her firearm skills can't be THAT bad).

She seems fun to be around during downtime though, just not as a comrade-in-arms.
Mar 28, 2016 9:24 AM
Jan 2016
L-Ryoshi said:
ixarising said:

Thanks for the preview. I really wouldn't mind trying out the VN myself after watching that.
The scene I'm asking about specifically though, was when Irisdina died though. Was it really explained in the VN how taking her to a hospital would be a waste of time, and that she'd die anyway? Because I think for me and many of those posing the questions here, it just seems like one or two bullets to the stomach, if she'd been rushed to the hospital immediately after that firefight, shouldn't have been enough to kill her. What I'm wondering specifically is whether there was an explanation in the VN as to why they didn't immediately lift her over to a hospital and rather just spent so much time watching the sunrise waiting for her to die...
L-Ryoshi said:
ixarising said:

If make the right choice like getting Irisdina route, it won't happen in VN.
Mar 28, 2016 9:26 AM

Oct 2014
Great_Manatee said:
I really wish they would've given Beatrix, Iris, and Jurgen a quick flashback so that their relationship was more clear.

That moment when you realized that worst girl was actually best girl 0_0

Nah, my best girl will always be the poor imouto
Mar 28, 2016 10:39 AM

Jun 2012
L-Ryoshi said:

He's forgetting to mention that the demo is on steam green light and should be available soon. Possibly sometime in april if my predictions are correct, i have reason to suspect Yu's prologue in Total Eclipse will also be available.

I don't know to what extent but i do know this anime was intended to be different from the VN and LN, clearly from start to finish as you can get an idea from that preview. This was advertised in CR/ANN articles i do believe.

And yes the ending is drastically different not nearly as happy either to give you an idea.
Irisdina can die another way actually and i'm pretty sure there's no option to end up in a stalemate with axxman, he's too important to go out like that. Far too important.

And what i mean by this ending is too happy is the beta invade in the end, it's what makes Schwarzesmarken relevant in the time line and.. let's just say there's a reason there's a master in Total Eclipse.
Still for an alternate telling/alternate route unique to the ln or vn i was quite pleased with the results 1-11 episode 12 was satisfying enough to not reflect my score.

We might have extra scenes to look forward to with the bluray as well, but that's just me being optimistic. Considering the ridiculous amount of patch work that was done on Total Eclipse even if it was just a repair job essentially i could see them putting an equal amount of effort into making the final version of Schwarzesmarken tv better.

Here's what should have happened.
in 1985 the beta advance across Europe now progressing unchecked. West Germany and France fall to the BETA invasion. England begins battle preparations for the defense of the UK mainland.
StormVanguardMar 28, 2016 1:10 PM
Mar 28, 2016 1:09 PM

Aug 2008
I will take a quick note never to expect more than embarassment from any spinoff of the original MuvLuv trilogy. First Total Eclipse, now this.
Mar 28, 2016 1:40 PM

Jan 2008
StormVanguard said:
L-Ryoshi said:

He's forgetting to mention that the demo is on steam green light and should be available soon. Possibly sometime in april if my predictions are correct, i have reason to suspect Yu's prologue in Total Eclipse will also be available.

I don't know to what extent but i do know this anime was intended to be different from the VN and LN, clearly from start to finish as you can get an idea from that preview. This was advertised in CR/ANN articles i do believe.

And yes the ending is drastically different not nearly as happy either to give you an idea.
Irisdina can die another way actually and i'm pretty sure there's no option to end up in a stalemate with axxman, he's too important to go out like that. Far too important.

And what i mean by this ending is too happy is the beta invade in the end, it's what makes Schwarzesmarken relevant in the time line and.. let's just say there's a reason there's a master in Total Eclipse.
Still for an alternate telling/alternate route unique to the ln or vn i was quite pleased with the results 1-11 episode 12 was satisfying enough to not reflect my score.

We might have extra scenes to look forward to with the bluray as well, but that's just me being optimistic. Considering the ridiculous amount of patch work that was done on Total Eclipse even if it was just a repair job essentially i could see them putting an equal amount of effort into making the final version of Schwarzesmarken tv better.

Here's what should have happened.
in 1985 the beta advance across Europe now progressing unchecked. West Germany and France fall to the BETA invasion. England begins battle preparations for the defense of the UK mainland.

Isn't that what The Euro Front start?
Mar 28, 2016 1:53 PM

Jun 2012
planetwarrior said:

Isn't that what The Euro Front start?

Yes.

The point is to get across the The fall of the Oder-Neisse Defence Line happened in 1984 and events progressed as the BETA were allowed access in Western Europe territory leading up to the events of euro front.
Mar 28, 2016 2:04 PM

Feb 2008
A round of applause for the best character of the series, MiG-27, for acting as a worthy chariot for the best of Stasi. I love that dark beast of a TSF.

And it's true wielder, a woman almost as awesome as the mech itself, Beatrix(-sama)!

I wonder, what prompted her to use East Germany as a glorified shield for the world in the beginning? In that respect, an OVA or two would be welcome. As an antagonist, Beatrix was indeed a rather respectable character.

As for the episode itself, it was indeed excellent. Combat scenes, though not exactly Gundam-tier footage, were still rather enjoyable. After all, a mecha frenzy featuring knife-fighting always gets my blood boiling. The way in which they concluded the series was also quite satisfying, leaving no major lingering doubts. Aside the fact that Irisdina should have been provided medical attention...
Mar 28, 2016 2:45 PM

Jun 2012
Argyre said:
A round of applause for the best character of the series, MiG-27, for acting as a worthy chariot for the best of Stasi. I love that dark beast of a TSF.

As 4ch would say. coughs and clears throat putting on a pair of reading glasses pulling out a piece of paper.
Mig-27 a shit MiG-23 Cheburashka mai waifu.

StormVanguardMar 28, 2016 2:49 PM
Mar 28, 2016 4:43 PM
Jan 2016
L-Ryoshi said:

The anime doesn't really explain it very well. The reason she's so messed up is because her father was a child abuser, and because she was forced to train under Axmann. She never really was loyal to the stasi, or East Germany really. They were just tools to achieve her goals and she was willing to go to any means for them. You can go even further and state that she hated East Germany, hated the stasi, and even hated herself (she's suicidal in the LN). More than any pairing except for possibly Lise and Theo (and that's lopsided), Beatrix and Juergan really, really loved each other. Ironically, they're the "True Love" pairing of Schwarzesmarken, but saving in the name of true love didn't really work out for them. :

Beatrix_to_Juergan said:
"You're essential to me, as am I for you, so I've decided I want to become a TSF pilot!"

Beatrix_to_Juergan said:
"For me, East Germany is a cage even bigger than the Brehme family. I'm not going to be at the mercy of my father nor will I become a tool for East Germany. If my father and the state want to treat me like a tool, then I'll make use of them as well."
Mar 28, 2016 5:49 PM
Feb 2015
L-Ryoshi said:

In the LN it was very different from the anime. In the LN, Iris was already tortured before Theodor and the others rescue him, her nails were plucked off she was beaten etc. And over there she died protecting Katia from Axmann who was trying to kill Katia. Theodor was out fighting Beatrix at that time. One thing about what makes Axmann's bullet dangerous is the bullets he used are specifically for killing Eishi, the bullet can pass through their Eishi suit which is suppose to give them some form of protection from minor impacts. So in the LN, the bullet actually went through Iris' body and her blood lost was too much. But like the anime, she also demanded to see Berlin except unlike the anime, she died halfway in the trip.

By the way Axmann survives in the LN unpunished.
Mar 28, 2016 7:26 PM

Mar 2015
Hey guy, if you loved her, how about taking her to the HOSPITAL??!!

That aside, this anime was very, very good! I loved the pacing, tension,, drama, and the fan service was nowhere near as gratuitous as it was in the original series. The characters were also pretty engaging. Well done to all who made this show a reality.
The sword that takes life gives life
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

78 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 7:58 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 2:14 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2016

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 24, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2016

76 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 23, 2023 6:11 AM

Poll: » Will season 2nd be available in later?

SametTakao - Jul 30, 2023

3 by volgenauts »»
Aug 3, 2023 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.