looks craptacular
Mar 25, 2016 8:08 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
ufotable should really just adapt from LNs rather than games :/
Hoping this will be good though.
Mar 25, 2016 8:10 AM

Aug 2012
Axksksdlk! Can I fap now? Kogi, Mika, Kashuu! Hope the voices will be the same ahh!
Mar 25, 2016 8:20 AM

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
I wonder if Ufotable still plans to make any other Fate related series next year at this rate. They got at least 3 projects now.

You saying it... Damn it, what the heck does Ufotable actually...?! From Girls' Work doesn't give since years new update; and from Heaven's Feel more or less as well...>_> Ufo picks just anime-adaptations up, but doesn't give about their production status...>_>
Mar 25, 2016 8:24 AM
Dec 2014
anime based on games are the shittiest ones. Plus ufotable I see no chance of this getting good,
Mar 25, 2016 8:30 AM
Feb 2012
Let's wait till we get a proper preview. Last time I relied upon the name of ufotable only, I was gravely disappointed. Another pressing concern might be that I've never even so much as heard a line about this franchise...
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 25, 2016 8:30 AM

Apr 2015
Production by ufotable sounds nice. At this point I'm feeling uneasy, but I'll definitely look forward to it.
Mar 25, 2016 8:34 AM

Mar 2016
I've never actually played it, but I've heard great things about this! Awesome, I'm looking forward to this.

Didn't this have BL undertones btw?
Mar 25, 2016 8:41 AM

Oct 2012
Heard so much about the game. Hopefully this will be good.
Mar 25, 2016 8:43 AM

Jun 2012
It's like a payback for the Kancolle anime! Hope it's not as bad as that one though.

Anyway, I'm excited, just cause Doutanuki. That's all I'm in for <3
Mar 25, 2016 8:44 AM

Jul 2012
CetteHistoire said:
not really? I play it and it's just typical shipping that girls create. The boys look damn good and damn good together so of course, characters will be shipped.

Sonnetica said:
Production by ufotable sounds nice. At this point I'm feeling uneasy, but I'll definitely look forward to it.
Hope all the Oodachi get an episode or two! :D
Mar 25, 2016 8:45 AM

May 2013
Cool i will finally have a better understanding of the story and characters from another source than all the doujins i've read so far :p
But even if it's not BL i'm still interested.
Mar 25, 2016 8:47 AM

Mar 2016
Mayuka said:
CetteHistoire said:
not really? I play it and it's just typical shipping that girls create. The boys look damn good and damn good together so of course, characters will be shipped.

Ah my mistake then, my apologies.

Wouldn't have mind tbh
Mar 25, 2016 8:48 AM

Feb 2009
Cool :o
I play this game and love!! Tsurumaru, Shokudaikiri and Hotarumaru are my favs *--*
Can't wait to see how they'll adapt this game into anime
Mar 25, 2016 8:50 AM

Mar 2014
Meh, card games. . .not into bishies for the sake of bishies series . . .

Skip.
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Mar 25, 2016 8:50 AM
Nov 2013
I know that games adaptation are mostly shit but i'll watch this for da bishies.
Mar 25, 2016 9:28 AM

Apr 2014
Seriously 2017? Then I'm out.
I'll be busy on real life commitments that year!
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 25, 2016 9:57 AM
Jul 2018
Oh my god YES! YES! YES!

UfoGOAT got Touken Ranbu though, its a surprise, but then again. YES!
Mar 25, 2016 10:01 AM

Jan 2016
damn, what a good news *w* touken ranbu gets anime? moreover its ufotable!!
Can't wait to see my Doutanuki❤ to be animated!!!*exicted*
Mar 25, 2016 10:15 AM

Sep 2013
$5000 this has production issues and will be delayed.
Ufotable's priority is the fate series and everything else is not as important.
Mar 25, 2016 10:22 AM

Aug 2008
If ufotable focus on the nearly none female characters the franchise has and doesn't go full out bishi with yaoi remarks *cough-seraph-cough*, I might actually give it a go then xD

My Anime Lists: AniDB & MAL
Mar 25, 2016 10:23 AM

Aug 2011
It's about frickin time good lordddd. I want to trust ufotable with this so I will so long as they preserve the character designs nicely.

(Pls... I know he's just a low rarity sword but pls let Imanotsurugi make an appearance...)
Mar 25, 2016 10:33 AM

May 2008
Laciie said:
(Pls... I know he's just a low rarity sword but pls let Imanotsurugi make an appearance...)

I hope Aizen Kunitoshi makes an appearance too. hopefully this anime won't focus too much on high/rare rarity swords
Mar 25, 2016 10:43 AM

Aug 2011
Psyche_Izaya said:
Laciie said:

I hope Aizen Kunitoshi makes an appearance too. hopefully this anime won't focus too much on high/rare rarity swords

I feel like it will mostly focus on middle to high/special rarity swords but I'm sure lower rarity swords will make their appearance as well. Tsuru is my fave so as long as he's there and beautiful I won't mind but augh I need some of my smaller babies as well (Gokotai!! Imanotsurugi!! Sayo!!)
Mar 25, 2016 11:05 AM

Jul 2007
ichii_1 said:
$5000 this has production issues and will be delayed.Ufotable's priority is the fate series and everything else is not as important.

Really? Because from their trackrecord in last three or four years I genuinely would never have thought that, what's with UBW being pretty much a cash-in handled by complete newbie cast, with thousands of cheap game adaptions by them being announced and with absolutely no info or progress on HF movie/movies for years.
Mar 25, 2016 11:18 AM

Jul 2012
Psyche_Izaya said:
Laciie said:

I just want my bob cut twins and megane to show up :(((((
Mar 25, 2016 11:19 AM

May 2012
I'm really excited, though I'm not expecting it to be all that great, haha...
Mar 25, 2016 11:21 AM

May 2015
*GASP* My prayers have been answered! I'm only anticipating the manservice<3

Why 2017 though T_T so loooong
Mar 25, 2016 11:39 AM

Jun 2012
-Catsidhe- said:
damn, what a good news *w* touken ranbu gets anime? moreover its ufotable!!
Can't wait to see my Doutanuki❤ to be animated!!!*exicted*

Yay, another Doutanuki fan! I thought he'd be the favorite here, because I saw fan art of him the most, but it seems like everyone else is looking forward to other guys more xD
Mar 25, 2016 11:46 AM

Jul 2010
Announcing stuff so early sure have gotten popular, can't say I'm too excited though anyways
Mar 25, 2016 11:50 AM
Jul 2018
Meh, I'll give it a shot but I'm not terribly excited.
Mar 25, 2016 11:52 AM

Oct 2007
royaldocks said:
Looks like a fujo bait cash grab series.

But I will try just because its ufotable

This is why annoys me most looking at modern anime fans. Like I know this series probably isn't for me but because of this one little thing I'll watch it anyway and they say it so proudly and emphatically. This is how they get you basically cause they know what things bypass so many people's better judgement instantly.

Anyway ufoTABLE is about the money obviously same as most of the anime scene. People can still want to watch this stuff but like time to wake up and see that it's not high art or an industry looking to craft animation masterpieces.

HaXXspetten said:
enough with the card games already

This is why anime is now though. It's not about what would make for the best TV show or interesting story but what has the largest existing source of fanboys and fangirls to milk easy money off of which right now means Social Mobage the fastest and really only growing media market in Asia. Even light novels are slowly shrinking back from their boom a decade ago. Really the scene has about two more days to convince me otherwise but it'll double down on this course. It always doubles down.

Tenth said:
Announcing stuff so early sure have gotten popular, can't say I'm too excited though anyways

It's all part of the hyping process these things need to sustain themselves now. The whole mobage adaptation and licensing gold rush is kind of only just getting organized and underway and it's going to be a horrible era for anime. I'm gonna be out long before it really gets underway though. I mean I've only skipped like 95% of the last six or so seasons already

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ShockedMar 25, 2016 8:51 PM
Mar 25, 2016 12:16 PM
Aug 2013
Hmm, I don't know much about ufotable, but seeing how they produced the Fate/Zero series, can I expect some really bad-ass looking fight scenes? From an anime about TKRB, that's one thing I hope they get right, seeing how it is an action game in a way.

Now I wonder though, how are they going to produce a story from this? One episode about each sword or family of swords? A young girl gets mysteriously surrounded by a bunch of pretty men? Or pick one of the starter swords, and have the story kinda centered around them? (Ex: Kancolle with Fubuki).

I can only wonder...
Mar 25, 2016 12:36 PM

Jul 2012
Beautiful animations and SWORDS AHEAD
I'm legit in tears right now.

MY BOYS

MY BOYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
TIME TO BUY MORE FIGURES AND DRAW EVEN MORE FANART OUTTA JOY

But seriously, this is great news! Seeing how Kancolle got an adaptation, it was just about time for the swords to shine as well. 2017 is a long wait, but heck, I got the game haha :DDD

MY BOYS WILL COME TO LIFE
Mar 25, 2016 12:49 PM
Jul 2015
Fai said:
ichii_1 said:
$5000 this has production issues and will be delayed.Ufotable's priority is the fate series and everything else is not as important.

Really? Because from their trackrecord in last three or four years I genuinely would never have thought that, what's with UBW being pretty much a cash-in handled by complete newbie cast, with thousands of cheap game adaptions by them being announced and with absolutely no info or progress on HF movie/movies for years.

Lol what newbie staff are you talking about? Most staff who worked on zero also worked on Ubw except aoki because he left.
Mar 25, 2016 1:11 PM

May 2014
Another game adaption? Not really excited for this.

But getting to see my swords animated isn't too bad.
RooringaaruSep 19, 2019 4:07 AM

"是不為也,非不能也"
𝒜𝓃𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝐿𝒾𝓈𝓉
Mar 25, 2016 1:17 PM

Jul 2007
Dab1za9 said:
Fai said:

Lol what newbie staff are you talking about? Most staff who worked on zero also worked on Ubw except aoki because he left.

Most of the animators are newbies. In fact there were literally articles talking on how "This will be great way to train newer animators" and stuff before the show started to air, which I already talked a great deal on how it was a huge red flag.

The director who is a complete amateur(while someone experienced like Takayuki Hirao marinates in a trainwreck impossible to save that is God Eater), and did fuck all in the medium before.

A composer who barely worked on any anime projects and who is reined in by a director who apparently hates the very idea of music.

All governed by Mr.Corporate-Slave-Labour producer Atsuhiro Iwakami...Given that guy handles shitload of stuff with his usual methods, but at least the rest of the staff are not easily pushed around amateurs in other cases. In this case most of those involved barely have anything in their portfolio.

Now add in on top of that that Ufo were supposedly working on two more shows at the same time too.

You can have whatever opinion you want on the show but it was clearly an "it will sell anyway" kind of production as shown by its completely chaotic and frantic nature.

And then we have their utter and complete silence on HF for years where last year they outright went and said "yeah we have no idea how to do this and have yet to pass the planning stage". And now they have what? Two? Three? Four? Shows in production alongside it. This will end well.

Its quite clear that for Ufotable and for their Aniplex Corporate Overlords, TM stuff is nothing more than money printing machine for their other projects in their more corporate-focused design philosophy as of late.

I mean even you can't deny that Ufo's current slogan is "let's make all the licensed cheap game adaptations possible!"
AhenshihaelMar 25, 2016 1:22 PM
Mar 25, 2016 1:30 PM
Jul 2015
Fai said:
Dab1za9 said:

Most of the animators are newbies. In fact there were literally articles talking on how "This will be great way to train newer animators" and stuff before the show started to air, which I already talked a great deal on how it was a huge red flag.

The director who is a complete amateur(while someone experienced like Takayuki Hirao marinates in a trainwreck impossible to save that is God Eater), and did fuck all in the medium before.

A composer who barely worked on any anime projects and who is reined in by a director who apparently hates the very idea of music.

All governed by Mr.Corporate-Slave-Labour producer Atsuhiro Iwakami...Given that guy handles shitload of stuff with his usual methods, but at least the rest of the staff are not easily pushed around amateurs in other cases.

Now add in on top of that that Ufo were supposedly working on two more shows at the same time too.

You can have whatever opinion you want on the show but it was clearly an "it will sell anyway" kind of production as shown by its completely chaotic and frantic nature.

What kind of newbie team consists of Nozomu Abe, Masayuki Kunihiro, Obunai Mitsuru and Atsushi Ikariya because those 4 handled most of the fights in UBW and Miura is anything but amateur he has been working with ufotable since the beginning and is known for his cool storyboards now you are free to continue hating on Ufotable for whatever reason but don't twist facts.
Mar 25, 2016 1:32 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Fucking yes!!! It's finally happening! I guess I'm a little uneasy too about how it'll go down, buuut I'm more than excited to see the toudan get animated, I can't believe ufotable will be the studio o_o I wouldn't mind a slice of life with the toudan, but that's obviously not happening with ufotable on board. Whatever happens, at least we can probably expect some cool sword fighting.

I hope to see some Dategumi dynamics, even if that's mostly fandom stuff.
Mar 25, 2016 1:46 PM

Jul 2007
Dab1za9 said:

What kind of newbie team consists of Nozomu Abe, Masayuki Kunihiro, Obunai Mitsuru and Atsushi Ikariya because those 4 handled most of the fights in UBW

Kunihiro is flash over substance animator that has not done that much of a note at all

Abe is okay but nothing really special. Also again most of his ubw work is flash over substance scenes that do not even have its own signature.

Obunai did episode or two per various series,again nothing of note.He did do the cool shots in the VN openings, but all of that cred goes down the drain because he also is responsible for rho aias surfing and the facepalm worthy illogical nonsense in that fight.

Ikariya I don't even know but I know that he is responsible for dogface character designs so there's that.

And those are the SENIOR animators.
If you look for actual rest of them they all pretty much have NOTHING in their portfolio. Please tell me oh tell me what "geniuses" like Akiyama Koji(and the likes) ever did to make them deserving to work on such supposedly high profile project?

and Miura is anything but amateur he has been working with ufotable since the beginning and is known for his cool storyboards now you are free to continue hating on Ufotable for whatever reason but don't twist facts.

The only relevant thing Miura did was KNK6...which kind of was beyond awful. HE has not directed anything at all apart from that and ufoubw. Try again.
AhenshihaelMar 25, 2016 1:50 PM
Mar 25, 2016 1:48 PM

Feb 2014
FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. bruh.

I DID NOT EXPECT THIS.

I take back everything I've said @GChan.
LemonMar 25, 2016 1:51 PM
Mar 25, 2016 1:57 PM
Jul 2015
Fai said:
Dab1za9 said:

What kind of newbie team consists of Nozomu Abe, Masayuki Kunihiro, Obunai Mitsuru and Atsushi Ikariya because those 4 handled most of the fights in UBW

Kunihiro is flash over substance animator that has not done that much of a note at all

Abe is okay but nothing really special. Also again most of his ubw work is flash over substance scenes that do not even have its own signature.

Obunai did episode or two per various series,again nothing of note.He did do the cool shots in the VN openings, but all of that cred goes down the drain because he also is responsible for rho aias surfing and the facepalm worthy illogical nonsense in that fight.

Ikariya I don't even know but I know that he is responsible for dogface character designs so there's that.

And those are the SENIOR animators.
If you look for actual rest of them they all pretty much have NOTHING in their portfolio.

and Miura is anything but amateur he has been working with ufotable since the beginning and is known for his cool storyboards now you are free to continue hating on Ufotable for whatever reason but don't twist facts.

The only relevant thing Miura did was KNK6...which kind of was beyond awful.Try again.

lol sorry then you shouldn't like anything Ufotable have done since those are their best animators and your statement about being newbie is still wrong and lol at Abe being just okay. oh and Ikariya was the designer for Berserker and did most of his scenes and didn't do any other character and most of other animator participated in previous ufotable show and you wont find any site listing their work i mean just a few weeks ago Kunihiro was added to MAL database.

you seem like you want Yutapon to animate every fight so you could be happy

and about Miura I am not taking about KnK 6 he was also episode director/storyboard for ufotable previous shows like Fate/zero and Manabi.
Mar 25, 2016 2:12 PM

Oct 2007
Fai said:
Dab1za9 said:

All governed by Mr.Corporate-Slave-Labour producer Atsuhiro Iwakami...Given that guy handles shitload of stuff with his usual methods, but at least the rest of the staff are not easily pushed around amateurs in other cases. In this case most of those involved barely have anything in their portfolio.

And then we have their utter and complete silence on HF for years where last year they outright went and said "yeah we have no idea how to do this and have yet to pass the planning stage". And now they have what? Two? Three? Four? Shows in production alongside it. This will end well.

Its quite clear that for Ufotable and for their Aniplex Corporate Overlords, TM stuff is nothing more than money printing machine for their other projects in their more corporate-focused design philosophy as of late.

I mean even you can't deny that Ufo's current slogan is "let's make all the licensed cheap game adaptations possible!"

This guy actually knows what's up much as I hate to agree with him. Except this is probably handled by Iwakami and Aniplex in their mad rush to cash-in on as many of these things as possible regardless of scheduling conflicts and plausibility. The Granblue Fantasy adaptation is already pushed back indefinitely along with Heavens Feel barring confirmation on anything this weekend. Its not about that though so much as the guaranteed easy money that comes with adapting things for Fujoshi or waifu types. Its just like oh well whatever pays the bills. What's sad is this is the kind of stuff Western fans get most excited for too and then they get upset when it turns out to be crap as if they were expecting anything else just cause of some names slapped on projects and early flashy looking episodes
PeacingOutMar 25, 2016 2:19 PM
Mar 25, 2016 3:12 PM

Oct 2014
I am so ready for this
Mar 25, 2016 3:19 PM
Jan 2008
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Mar 25, 2016 5:57 PM
Jan 2008
Often said:
YES MORE FUJOBAIT
Sword x sword when????

Dude, just go on deviantart/fanfiction.net/pixiv/tumblr and I guarantee you'll see shippings of just about EVERYONE (yes, god help us, they even ship the younguns.)

But the most common pairings seem to be Kogi/Mika(the fox guy and the closest thing this has to a MC), Mitsu/Kuri(Eyepatch guy and token tsundere with the awesome tattoo) and Tsurumaru(White haired guy in all white. Or to certain peeps, Soma Saito's character. Comic Relief) and either Ichigo(bluehaired guy) or Mika.

This guy actually knows what's up much as I hate to agree with him. Except this is probably handled by Iwakami and Aniplex in their mad rush to cash-in on as many of these things as possible regardless of scheduling conflicts and plausibility. The Granblue Fantasy adaptation is already pushed back indefinitely along with Heavens Feel barring confirmation on anything this weekend. Its not about that though so much as the guaranteed easy money that comes with adapting things for Fujoshi or waifu types. Its just like oh well whatever pays the bills. What's sad is this is the kind of stuff Western fans get most excited for too and then they get upset when it turns out to be crap as if they were expecting anything else just cause of some names slapped on projects and early flashy looking episodes

I thought UFOtable was supposed to be good? UBW was, despite its flaws, beautiful animation wise.

LOL I love how this is pissing off Type Moon/Fate fanboys already. I haven't seen this much hatred since Free was first announced.
Mar 25, 2016 6:08 PM
Jul 2015
Confirmed two animation projects

First coming Octobor 2016
Produced by Doga Kobo
Directed by Takashi NAOYA
Charcter desing by Junichiro TANIGUCHI

no info about Ufotable one except it is coming in 2017 so might be just an OVA ?

and promo pic
Mar 25, 2016 6:09 PM
Jul 2015
they were taking too long damn
Mar 25, 2016 6:26 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Dab1za9 said:
Confirmed two animation projects

First coming Octobor 2016
Produced by Doga Kobo
Directed by Takashi NAOYA
Charcter desing by Junichiro TANIGUCHI

no info about Ufotable one except it is coming in 2017 so might be just an OVA ?

and promo pic

http://touken-hanamaru.jp/

Looks like the anmitsu one is a TV series :D

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - May 9

13 by malvarez1 »»
9 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Apr 26

10 by Deoxyribo9 »»
Yesterday, 6:55 AM

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

20 by Zedlin »»
May 10, 4:23 PM

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - May 9

5 by Zedlin »»
May 10, 4:21 PM

» 'Dungeon no Naka no Hito' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - May 9

2 by Zedlin »»
May 10, 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.