Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 26, 2016 4:55 AM
Jan 2012
-jdj88- said:
so while lurking at mangafox someone mentioned this theory about Katori will successfully eliminate Yuma then Osamu and Chika will have no choice but to fight without Yuma's help thus proving to others that they are capable in geting points without relying on Yuma.

I like this scenario. It would be perfect to Osamu and Chika show their new skills and to prove they can score without Yuuma's help. But, in this scenario, I don't think Tamakoma would get a large advantage.
Mar 26, 2016 5:02 AM

Nov 2013
JCNSilva said:
-jdj88- said:
so while lurking at mangafox someone mentioned this theory about Katori will successfully eliminate Yuma then Osamu and Chika will have no choice but to fight without Yuma's help thus proving to others that they are capable in geting points without relying on Yuma.

I like this scenario. It would be perfect to Osamu and Chika show their new skills and to prove they can score without Yuuma's help. But, in this scenario, I don't think Tamakoma would get a large advantage.
It won't happen.
Their new tricks are solely to support Yuma score, they don't have to prove anything other than that they can support him properly.
Katori will only remain cocky if she manages to beat Yuma, an ace on par with the top 5 attackers in Border. Not to mention that she'll blame losing on the new tricks she didn't know about, and will claim that now after she knows about them Osamu and Chika can't beat her.
Mar 26, 2016 5:14 AM
Feb 2016
Botato said:
JCNSilva said:

It won't happen.
Their new tricks are solely to support Yuma score, they don't have to prove anything other than that they can support him properly.
Katori will only remain cocky if she manages to beat Yuma, an ace on par with the top 5 attackers in Border. Not to mention that she'll blame losing on the new tricks she didn't know about, and will claim that now after she knows about them Osamu and Chika can't beat her.
We never know what's going to happen but there still a possibilty that It will happen. But if you ask me, I'd rather want to see Yuma kick Katori's ass to remove some of her cockiness ;)
-jdj888-Mar 26, 2016 5:17 AM
Mar 26, 2016 6:19 AM
Feb 2016
I think she will be the first Bail-Out if Yuma managed to beat Murakami there is no way he won't beat this chick
Mar 26, 2016 7:00 AM

Mar 2016
-jdj88- said:
Jota_Carvalho said:

People using Chameloen still appear on radar they only become invisible to your eyes... people with Bagworm are the only ones that don't appear on radar, but they do appear on the screen of rank wars hall to the audiance
Oh ok :) thanks for the info ;)
What do you think about Katori's uniform as I mentioned from my previous post? Two of her members uses chameleon and maybe Katori used it in the past while she was an attacker...

Yep. I haven't read the Databook discussion yet but the WT's wiki says this about K-Unit's main and subtriggers:

Katori:
- Main Trigger(s):Scorpion, Asteroid, Shield, Grasshopper
- Sub Trigger(s):Scorpion, Hound, Shield, Bagworm

Wakamura:
- Main Trigger(s):Asteroid, Hound, Shield
- Sub Trigger(s):Chameleon, Shield, Bagworm

Miura:
- Main Trigger(s):Kogetsu, Senkū, Shield, Gen'yō

I suppose you've read the wiki already, according to your comment above. Lets say that the Wiki is right. So, they have Chameleon, Gen'yo (Yoneya's trigger) and grasshopper. So, this could be a problem? That "Yuma rapidly being defeated by Katori" theory is getting on my nerves, cuz, idk, maybe she is a prodigy too but, man, she needs a lesson and we're talking about Yuma. Btw, if your theory is right, I hope that this could be part of Osamu's new strategy to show everyone that he and Chika don't need to rely on Yuma's skills.
"[...]I have to admit I'm not a big anime fan. Most anime that makes it over here seems to be either about schoolgirls with supernatural powers who battle evil, or adolescent boys who - for some convoluted reason - wind up having to pilot big giant robots...although, today, you just need to put some boobs or harem and fantasy and it'll be 10/10."
Mar 26, 2016 7:33 AM
Feb 2016
Kenboy said:
Yep. I haven't read the Databook discussion yet but the WT's wiki says this about K-Unit's main and subtriggers:

Katori:
- Main Trigger(s):Scorpion, Asteroid, Shield, Grasshopper
- Sub Trigger(s):Scorpion, Hound, Shield, Bagworm

Wakamura:
- Main Trigger(s):Asteroid, Hound, Shield

Miura:
- Main Trigger(s):Kogetsu, Senkū, Shield, Gen'yō

I suppose you've read the wiki already, according to your comment above. Lets say that the Wiki is right. So, they have Chameleon, Gen'yo (Yoneya's trigger) and grasshopper. So, this could be a problem? That "Yuma rapidly being defeated by Katori" theory is getting on my nerves, cuz, idk, maybe she is a prodigy too but, man, she needs a lesson and we're talking about Yuma. Btw, if your theory is right, I hope that this could be part of Osamu's new strategy to show everyone that he and Chika don't need to rely on Yuma's skills.
you miss my point ;) here's my previous post that I'm talking about
-jdj88- said:
I'm back! :) My internet sucks yesterday so...
Guys, have you notice the uniform of Katori Unit? I think there's a similarity with Kazama Units uniform specially the circle design connected to a line. According to WT databook, there are devices in various places of Kazama Unit's uniform that reduces trion consumption when using chameleon so I think that since they also use chameleon it's possible that they are also using it?
Mar 26, 2016 7:49 AM

Nov 2013
Kenboy said:
show everyone that he and Chika don't need to rely on Yuma's skills.
They don't need to show that. Because they can't not rely on Yuma.

Just as a reminder, from chapter 122:

The whole thing hinges on Yuma. And taking the last pic into consideration, if anyone is going to bail out from T-2 it will be Osamu and not Yuma. Unless Ashihara is trolling, he won't disregard all that foreshadowing and build up.

That aside, thinking that two pure support agents (and newbies at that) don't need an ace to win is just out right silly. They don't need to prove that they are great fighters or anything, they need to prove that their squad is strong as a group. Quite honestly if Katori manages to take down Yuma and T-2 somehow ends up winning then Katori and Kakizaki squads deserve to drop down to lower B tier.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm not saying Katori won't win against Yuma. I think it's highly unlikely, but in case it happens, T-2 will definitely lose. If Yuma goes down and T-2 doesn't lose this match then I call bs.
BotatoMar 26, 2016 7:55 AM
Mar 26, 2016 7:52 AM
Feb 2016
Kenboy said:
actually If you read my previous post...I stated that someone posted that theory at mangafox forum and I mentioned it here for the sake of discussion because I think that there's still a possibility that it will happen.
But if you ask me, I want the three of them to survive and I want to see their new skills/moves. :)
Mar 26, 2016 9:04 AM

Mar 2016
@-jdj88-
Nope, I've read your previous post about MangaFox etc and I understand what you said. But, after this, in another post, you told us about these two members of Katori Unit with Chameleon, so, I guessed that you've read MF's post and then went to the wiki. But ok, no problem mate.

@Botato
You're saving the day again, thanks mate. I think I skipped that chapter (122), cause I don't even remember that part, and now I know why I was wondering where did you guys saw this theory about Osamu using spider.

And of course, now, everything makes sense for me and I bet that you're 100% right.

Haha, I think that I need to read the manga from the start again, to see what parts I missed.
KenboyMar 26, 2016 9:08 AM
"[...]I have to admit I'm not a big anime fan. Most anime that makes it over here seems to be either about schoolgirls with supernatural powers who battle evil, or adolescent boys who - for some convoluted reason - wind up having to pilot big giant robots...although, today, you just need to put some boobs or harem and fantasy and it'll be 10/10."
Mar 26, 2016 9:30 AM
Feb 2016
Oh? About this post?
-jdj88- said:
Jota_Carvalho said:

People using Chameloen still appear on radar they only become invisible to your eyes... people with Bagworm are the only ones that don't appear on radar, but they do appear on the screen of rank wars hall to the audiance
Oh ok :) thanks for the info ;)
What do you think about Katori's uniform as I mentioned from my previous post? Two of her members uses chameleon and maybe Katori used it in the past while she was an attacker...
The last part was my attempt to back-up my claim about the similarity of their uniforms so that If someone will point out that Katori is not using a chameleon so the uniform's device is useless for her then my reply will be my last comment I posted above that maybe three of them uses chameleon at the beginning when Katori was still an attacker trying to imitate Kazama unit and using the same device attached on their uniform. After Katori changes to All-Rounder, she's lazy to change the design. That's the reason why I commented that part ;)
-jdj888-Mar 26, 2016 9:34 AM
Mar 26, 2016 9:47 AM

Jan 2011
I don't think katori need a defeat to have her "character development" , she already on a losing streak but she did't care , what she need is a motive or goal to make her work hard and be more serious

is't this the first time yuma fight all rounder ?
maybe she have some trick or special tactic can beat or give's yuma hard time she's an ace after all and have 12000 point

Mar 26, 2016 10:43 AM

Dec 2015
Ayami1357 said:
I don't think katori need a defeat to have her "character development" , she already on a losing streak but she did't care , what she need is a motive or goal to make her work hard and be more serious

maybe she have some trick or special tactic can beat or give's yuma hard time she's an ace after all and have 12000 point

Yuma fought Miwa, who is an all-rounder.
Mar 26, 2016 1:22 PM

Jul 2015
kissantassu said:
Ayami1357 said:

He was using his black trigger, will this make it harder? fighting with normal triggers without replica's help
Mar 26, 2016 1:37 PM

Nov 2013
pablomc said:
kissantassu said:

He was using his black trigger, will this make it harder? fighting with normal triggers without replica's help
Against Miwa he was holding back and didn't know anything about their weapons. Also it was 4 vs 1 with two snipers he couldn't see.
Mar 26, 2016 1:56 PM

Jul 2015
Botato said:
pablomc said:

Against Miwa he was holding back and didn't know anything about their weapons. Also it was 4 vs 1 with two snipers he couldn't see.

I think katori will bail out very quickly.
Mar 27, 2016 8:25 PM

Mar 2016
I'm reading the manga from the begining again and just for the record, haha:

Very likely, Yuma doesn't know much about her (maybe only strategies or something about their battles data) but if she opens her mouth, haha, no way Yuma will let she pass (I bet anything that she isn't stronger than Yuma).
Mar 27, 2016 11:51 PM
Jan 2012
pablomc said:
Botato said:

Personal skills is right now the only thing she's got going for her, so I don't think it'll be an easy fight for Yuuma. I'd say she's Yoneya/Midorikawa level. Ofc I don't think Yuuma will lose.
Ero-sommelierMar 28, 2016 12:32 AM
Mar 28, 2016 2:47 AM
Oct 2015
Ero-sommelier said:
pablomc said:

Personal skills is right now the only thing she's got going for her, so I don't think it'll be an easy fight for Yuuma. I'd say she's Yoneya/Midorikawa level. Ofc I don't think Yuuma will lose.

Thanks p-kun

I think master level is in 8000 points, not 12000. Maybe, Katori had a fast growth but she stop after.
If we belive in galopoula agents, Katori is inferior than Yoneya.
I think she is strong (she has good stats in Databook) but she is inferior than Yuma too.

In next chapter, i would not surprise if Yuuma guides Katori to a trap, because he likes fight with all advantages in serious combats.

Sorry for my english
Mar 28, 2016 3:20 AM

Nov 2013
OneCommentary said:
In next chapter, i would not surprise if Yuuma guides Katori to a trap, because he likes fight with all advantages in serious combats.
This is also true.
That's how he won against Murakami.
"Fight under favorable conditions."
Mar 28, 2016 7:20 AM
Feb 2016
Botato said:
OneCommentary said:
This is also true.
Nice one :) I like that Idea. One way to defeat the enemy is to do something different from what they are expecting. They expected that Mikumo Unit will focus on their ace to gain points but instead they will be surprised that Yuma will not fight head on. He will lead Katori into a trap that Osamu prepared (lol! I don't know...maybe I'm overestimating his ability to easily prepare traps). Surprising them with different tactic is an advantage and let's not forget about their newly found/acquired weapons and skills.
Speaking of their new weapons like the spider and lead bullet, do you think the border always update their agents profile/data? If they always update it then the other team will have an idea what method they will use and there's no element of surprise...like for example they will see Chika's trigger set and notice the lead bullet. If I am the enemy, Its no brainer that she will use it with lightning.

Edit: I hope Ashihara will make them a mystery that the files Katori Unit and Kakizaki Unit holding and reviewing is just based on their last fight. The operator just gather the data base on how they used their trigger weapons and compile them.... so the spider and lead bullet will not appear in their file since they didn't use it yet.
-jdj888-Mar 28, 2016 7:29 AM
Mar 28, 2016 8:47 AM
Feb 2015
Ayami1357 said:

Agree. That said, I think a good wake up call for her will be BO early and finding out that her teammates that she looks down upon so much are actually performing well without her.

Botato said:

Agree as well. There were 3 days off between round 4 and round 5. Osamu wasted at least half a day for Hyuse's business. Not sure how much time they spent on researching and formulating strategy. Ashihara has been good at ignoring common tropes of instant powerups. I will flip the table so hard if Osamu / Chika suddenly turn into powerhouses with just 2.5 days worth of training. Plus, Ashihara always makes battles chaotic, and I hope he will continue to do so. So it's unlikely that T-2 will have all of its plans going well.
Mar 28, 2016 9:09 AM

Mar 2014
Interesting enough, Viz and Chippokenbokura's translation for Miura's "Depressing" comment is apparently meant to imply that Katori is depressed. I guess it's supposed to be about Katori thinking she is in a slump because she can't go any farther without hard work.
Mar 28, 2016 9:16 AM

Nov 2013
I can't wait to see how this match turns out, I can't stop thinking about what the score will be like at the end. Most recent theory is this:
Katori squad will get one person from Kakizaki squad (1 point).
T-2 will get Katori + two from Kakizaki + survival points (5 total)
Kakizaki squad will get two from Katori squad + Osamu (3 points)

Katori squad may get Chika as well which puts them at 2 points. I just thought of it after P-kun's post; if Wakamura and Miura get a point each it might help Katori wake up.

Basically only Yuma survives, hopefully with all limbs.
BotatoMar 28, 2016 9:22 AM
Mar 28, 2016 11:14 AM

Sep 2013
It looks like a clean sweep for T-2, but it defienitely won't be that easy.

Katori can be an elite if she works hard, but she hasno motivaion or something.
Katori too sexy :O

Botato said:
If Yuma goes down and T-2 doesn't lose this match then I call bs.

Osamu was doing okay against Inukai and did a good job not dying against Nasu until he got cocky, plus the Yuiga matches.
He should be safely in the mid B-Rank tier now and could hold his own against any mid or low B-Rank that isn't an ace.
Add Chika being the only sniper and they could win without Yuma.
Mar 28, 2016 11:19 AM

Nov 2013
ichii_1 said:
Botato said:
If Yuma goes down and T-2 doesn't lose this match then I call bs.

Osamu was doing okay against Inukai and did a good job not dying against Nasu until he got cocky, plus the Yuiga matches.
He should be safely in the mid B-Rank tier now and could hold his own against any mid or low B-Rank that isn't an ace.
Add Chika being the only sniper and they could win without Yuma.
Thing is he wasn't 1 v 1 against Nasu. Kuruma did most of the work.
He did okay against Inukai but he still lost in the end.

We're also talking about a what if scenario in which Katori takes down Yuma. You want to tell me that Katori who can take down Yuma won't be able to take down Osamu and Chika? Her teammates will probably be around by that time too, and Kakizaki squad are together so it will be 3 vs 3 vs 2 with the 2 being the least skilled and experienced.
Mar 28, 2016 11:27 AM

Mar 2014
Yuma losing sounds pretty unlikely. Katori shouldn't be on his level as an attacker.
Mar 28, 2016 11:37 AM

Nov 2013
Yeah that's why it's a what if scenario. If she is strong enough to take down Yuma, especially in her current state, then Osamu and Chika's chances are even smaller.
I get that it would be cool for them to not need Yuma, I'm sure most if not all manga readers want that, but it has been made clear that Osamu needs about two years and Chika needs to get over her fear. But until then, they will need Yuma to win. Besides, we all saw how badly a sudden power up backfired during the Invasion.
Mar 28, 2016 11:42 AM

Mar 2014
Well Chika is pure debuff so she wouldn't be able to get any point and Osamu is pure camping. I could see Osamu blindsiding one or two agents with spider traps, but he really can't do anything big. I'd be pointless for the development of their new triggers, to get big kills.
Mar 28, 2016 11:45 AM

Sep 2013
Botato said:

We're also talking about a what if scenario in which Katori takes down Yuma. You want to tell me that Katori who can take down Yuma won't be able to take down Osamu and Chika? Her teammates will probably be around by that time too, and Kakizaki squad are together so it will be 3 vs 3 vs 2 with the 2 being the least skilled and experienced.

He lost to Azuma's god like sniping and the other teams doesn't have snipers this mach.

Maybe Katori takes down Yuma with her in a suicide move or lasts enough and someone else joins in to take down Yuma since he' the biggest threat.
Mar 28, 2016 11:48 AM

Nov 2013
ichii_1 said:
Botato said:

He lost to Azuma's god like sniping and the other teams doesn't have snipers this mach.

Maybe Katori takes down Yuma with her in a suicide move or lasts enough and someone else joins in to take down Yuma since he' the biggest threat.
If you look at the map, Miura is way too far to them compared to Osamu/Chika, and Wakamura isn't even close to anyone. If anything like many other people have been speculating, Yuma will lead Katori to a trap since his teammates are practically there.
Mar 28, 2016 12:31 PM
Oct 2015
Botato said:
Yeah that's why it's a what if scenario. If she is strong enough to take down Yuma, especially in her current state, then Osamu and Chika's chances are even smaller.

I'm not sure of that. Chika's shots are dangerous because are unstoppable, and Lightning has a good cadence of shot (she can shoot two or three times). If she hits you, your match is over because you will be paralyzed and shield will not save you of that.
Osamu have to kill off only
Surely Chika will not win but she have a lot of possibilities to not lose

p-kun said:
... Ashihara has been good at ignoring common tropes of instant powerups. I will flip the table so hard if Osamu / Chika suddenly turn into powerhouses with just 2.5 days worth of training...

But Chika shooting people is a good power up

Sorry for my english
OneCommentaryMar 28, 2016 12:48 PM
Mar 28, 2016 1:40 PM
Feb 2016
OneCommentary said:
Botato said:

I'm not sure of that. Chika's shots are dangerous because are unstoppable, and Lightning has a good cadence of shot (she can shoot two or three times). If she hits you, your match is over because you will be paralyzed and shield will not save you of that.
Osamu have to kill off only
Surely Chika will not win but she have a lot of possibilities to not lose

p-kun said:
... Ashihara has been good at ignoring common tropes of instant powerups. I will flip the table so hard if Osamu / Chika suddenly turn into powerhouses with just 2.5 days worth of training...

But Chika shooting people is a good power up

Sorry for my english

I think Chika shoul only use Black Lighting against Top tier because once she uses it people will known about it and counter it better
Mar 28, 2016 6:43 PM
Feb 2015
ichii_1 said:
Botato said:

The only thing that Osamu would have accomplish without Azuma team saving him during round 4 was dying 10 seconds early. Inukai broke his Raygust shield and Osamu didn't prepare defensive measure (no shield setup) or counter measure against that (no asteroid setup). The only thing he managed to do post shield break was to land on his butt. Had Azuma team been late for a fraction of a second in saving him (to kill steal Osamu), Inukai would have killed him right away.

In defense of Osamu's performance in round 3, Kuruma managed to do a number on Nasu because Osamu distracted her.

But let's be fair, solo Osamu is unlikely going to do well against anyone better than Yuiga and Yuiga's stat is the lowest at Border B rankers already (I use the term "unlikely" not stronger term "absolutely" because experience matter and it's not shown in stat and stat is not absolute because it's based on performance during simulated battles as compiled by Border). Thank god it's a team battle manga. Imagine how Osamu will perform in other mangas where "team battles" are basically a bunch of 1 vs 1. Though in Osamu's favor, in other manga, his excess determination will be OP and he'll get the insta power up with just 1 week of training.
Mar 29, 2016 1:02 PM
Oct 2015
Jota_Carvalho said:

I think Chika shoul only use Black Lighting against Top tier because once she uses it people will known about it and counter it better

I'm not sure of that, Osamu counts with her to support the team

p-kun said:
ichii_1 said:

The only thing that Osamu would have accomplish without Azuma team saving him during round 4 was dying 10 seconds early. Inukai broke his Raygust shield and Osamu didn't prepare defensive measure (no shield setup) or counter measure against that (no asteroid setup). The only thing he managed to do post shield break was to land on his butt. Had Azuma team been late for a fraction of a second in saving him (to kill steal Osamu), Inukai would have killed him right away.

I agree. I'm a bit surprised because Osamu didn't use Bagworm in the beginning of the match. He can use Spider and Bagworm in the same time. For that, he doesn't need to be an visible objective.

p-kun said:
In defense of Osamu's performance in round 3, Kuruma managed to do a number on Nasu because Osamu distracted her.

But let's be fair, solo Osamu is unlikely going to do well against anyone better than Yuiga and Yuiga's stat is the lowest at Border B rankers already (I use the term "unlikely" not stronger term "absolutely" because experience matter and it's not shown in stat and stat is not absolute because it's based on performance during simulated battles as compiled by Border). Thank god it's a team battle manga. Imagine how Osamu will perform in other mangas where "team battles" are basically a bunch of 1 vs 1. Though in Osamu's favor, in other manga, his excess determination will be OP and he'll get the insta power up with just 1 week of training.

I agree. Osamu is becoming better, but his growth is a lot of smaller than the difference of power of every new rival with the previous rival. He need more time and, very probably, he never will be in the same level of tops border agents.

Sorry for my english
Mar 29, 2016 1:24 PM

Oct 2014
I think Osamu isn't using Bagworm because this time he might want to be targeted. After he has prepared some spider traps that is. If he had hide away with bagworm and then show up suddenly on the map some smarter agents might get suspicious why he would reveal himself somewhere on the map where he cannot immediately join some battle going on.
Mar 29, 2016 8:06 PM
Oct 2015
Welp, I always like to wait until seeing raws before I comment, but looks like that's going to backfire seeing how much posts I have to sift through now lol.

Botato said:
OneCommentary said:
This is also true.

I like this idea a lot. Katori being taken down a notch would be satisfying in a way but I'd rather it not be by Yuma's hands. If anything, Osamu would get practice in taunting and building traps. The thing is, Katori seems desperate as well. I dont know if Yuma would have the luxury of leading her. Even if her team dropped and theyre in a bit of a slump, they are an upper b-class team. That has to mean that they hold quite a bit of power.

James_Rye said:
I think Osamu isn't using Bagworm because this time he might want to be targeted. After he has prepared some spider traps that is. If he had hide away with bagworm and then show up suddenly on the map some smarter agents might get suspicious why he would reveal himself somewhere on the map where he cannot immediately join some battle going on.

I also agree. With Osamu's one track mind I feel like he would rather attack/annoy/harass out in the open and set traps along the way. I must be one of the few people that dont want osamu hiding and supporting 24/7(i know we want to protect our precious mc but he needs to learn how to fly dammit). Even with his new trigger option I want him up front and center. Maybe thats unlike a true trapper but he's sort of unorthodox to begin with. I can see him taunting and baiting his enemies himself instead of relying on yuma all the time.
Mar 28, 2023 4:23 AM
Mar 2020
Just love the series, and the excitement for the rank battle is through the roof.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 239 Discussion

MegamiRem - Feb 1

14 by StregAnna77 »»
Mar 26, 8:54 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 240 Discussion

anime-prime - Mar 3

2 by ReaperCreeper »»
Mar 6, 3:54 PM

» Despair

Magical_Bananana - Feb 1

7 by Magical_Bananana »»
Feb 8, 5:31 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 238 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 3, 2023

5 by StregAnna77 »»
Nov 23, 2023 4:12 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 237 Discussion

MegamiRem - Oct 3, 2023

3 by ricksed »»
Oct 4, 2023 11:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.