Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 29, 2016 9:06 AM

Jun 2015
Enjoyable enough to watch all 12 episodes. Ending was fine and anime itself was not bad, but as I try to follow MAL original score - 6/10, cause the word "fine" fits like a glove. I'm satisfied with this. ;3
Mar 31, 2016 1:42 AM

Jan 2009
Heeeee, not bad! I liked this first cour.

Totally gonna watch the second one, too. It's pretty enjoyable to watch.
Mar 31, 2016 8:38 AM

Apr 2014
The first half finale was just fine. So, I'm still gonna watch the other half on Fall Season.
Anyway, I'll rate this anime a 6 (or 7) out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Apr 1, 2016 8:46 AM

Nov 2011
At the end of the evil it is not so bad, but a feeling that the blond dude, was the most dangerous of the lot, has materialized. In the end I was expecting a more exciting episode instead seems to have solved everything "bagels and wine." Not bad the new ending, maybe if they parodied less with the Power Rangers, the series would have been better, however, I admit that to me liked; who knows what awaits us in the second part of this anime.

7/10.
Apr 7, 2016 4:26 PM

Oct 2008
Mythos, I'm utterly disappointed with you. I thought you're a better villain...
whelp!? There's a 2nd Season!?
3/5.
5/10.

Apr 10, 2016 8:06 AM

Jul 2014
I liked the concept of this anime and expected it to be a good watch (I'm generally a fan of mecha and police-themed shows) but I didn't really enjoy this as much as I thought I would... tbh I kinda just forced myself to finish it. The last couple episodes were more bearable than the first few though so that was a bit of a plus. Sort of.

What I found most appealing with this show is probably--- the characters as well as their art/design.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Apr 27, 2016 2:34 AM

Feb 2015
just gonna be honest, last 3 episode were pretty good. they were focusing more on the plot and i like that, but somehow i don't kinda like this kind of ending. well it's okay but someone i don't like it or more like it's not satifiying.

from overall series, it is a meh/okay show imo. not really that bad, not great either.
some of the character were annoying AF, the other character were okay imo. plot not really that good imo from episode 1 but from about episode 9 the plot was getting better and i like it, just the ending is not satisfiying to me.

5/10 or more specifically 5.5/10 for this show. was planning to give it 6/10 if the final episode can satisfy me but well.....

that Mythos's little sister thing looks sad to me. i'm looking foward for that in the 2 cour i guess.
and i'm dissapointed with Mythos. i thought he was gonna do some crazy/insane stuff to put this series on cliffhanger but......
May 13, 2016 1:12 AM

Aug 2011
Hmm, not a bad episode. The series started off slow and gradually picked up. Was debating to watch this show or not as I watched the first 3 episodes as they aired then stopped with thou series. Just too long watch all 9 episodes I missed. Must say though that there were some pretty good moments in this anime. In some episodes, I wish there was more development taking place. That and they continue it next episode or in so other episode.

Anyway, there were no one person we could called our main MC but I guess that's acceptable also. Looking forward to season 2 later this year.
Jun 12, 2016 6:06 PM

Jun 2013
God this was bad mostly because of the writing. One of the worst mecha shows I have seen so far. It started out interestingly enough but after the 1st episode it went downhill. I kind of regret watching all 12 episodes since you can just skim through most of them without missing out on anything important. Furthermore, the mecha battles were quite disappointing. Even the villains were boring and lame more like pests rather than a threat except for Mythos. And the amount of time they wasted showing the transformation sequence was so unnecessary.

Honestly, I really don't like character based episodes in a mecha anime as it decreases the importance of the main story. You can't even tell who the main character is. But it really didn't matter much since they are pretty bland and generic without any development.

The ending was pretty anticlimactic.

4/10
Jun 19, 2016 12:36 AM

Apr 2009
FatalGaze said:
God this was bad mostly because of the writing. One of the worst mecha shows I have seen so far. It started out interestingly enough but after the 1st episode it went downhill. I kind of regret watching all 12 episodes since you can just skim through most of them without missing out on anything important. Furthermore, the mecha battles were quite disappointing. Even the villains were boring and lame more like pests rather than a threat except for Mythos. And the amount of time they wasted showing the transformation sequence was so unnecessary.

Honestly, I really don't like character based episodes in a mecha anime as it decreases the importance of the main story. You can't even tell who the main character is. But it really didn't matter much since they are pretty bland and generic without any development.

The ending was pretty anticlimactic.

4/10
from what i heard there was a 2nd season for this season but tbh i think it will be much worse from the first
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Jun 28, 2016 9:55 AM
Oct 2009
Prankster_001 said:

from what i heard there was a 2nd season for this season but tbh i think it will be much worse from the first

Please don't make random speculation based on nothing beyond your personal negativity towards the show.

FatalGaze said:

There's your problem. This is not a mecha anime. It's much closer to the Japanese equivalent of the Power Rangers and other similar tokusatsu shows. Those productions aren't generally known for being very creative nor too serious in the first place.

In other words, this isn't a series with a strong central narrative nor tons of character drama. That wasn't the focus at any point, so you were obviously going to be disappointed by having such incompatible expectations. This isn't a show for those who want some sort of "epic" story or anything like that.
Jun 28, 2016 5:36 PM

Jun 2013
jgomezg said:

FatalGaze said:

There's your problem. This is not a mecha anime. It's much closer to the Japanese equivalent of the Power Rangers and other similar tokusatsu shows. Those productions aren't generally known for being very creative nor too serious in the first place.

In other words, this isn't a series with a strong central narrative nor tons of character drama. That wasn't the focus at any point, so you were obviously going to be disappointed by having such incompatible expectations. This isn't a show for those who want some sort of "epic" story or anything like that.

Well even without the mecha element it barely makes a difference. Besides the show hardly has anything redeeming that appeals to me as viewer maybe it appeals to you because your expectations were more compatible then mine since you know more about its format. But you cannot expect every viewer to understand that format in order to be compatible enough to watch it because we all have our own preferences.
I-JitsuJun 28, 2016 8:25 PM
Sep 13, 2016 10:25 PM

Nov 2011
Words of Wisdom: Don't trust reviews. The best way to find out if a series is good for you is to just watch it. Not relying on some comments.

I almost thought this show really sucks. Thanks MAL users.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Jan 9, 2019 5:28 PM
Aug 2013
I totally enjoyed watching this and I'm very glad that I can see more from these characters in the 2nd season.

And I'm kinda sad that most of the comments and reviews are not doing this show any justice :l
Apr 18, 2022 5:26 PM

Jan 2010
Waiting, killing Mythos would revert administrative system rights to the next in line? How does that work? Is there supposed to be some kill switch or something?

Anyways, I've always been curious about these villainous types seeking social revolutions of some sort. What's the long-term plan for these revolutions? Do they actually plan on rebuilding society, or is it just an excuse to burn, destroy, and rampage until they're bored? What happens when there's nothing left to vent at? Once they're at the top of the world, what's left? It feels like at some point, without a clear goal and vision, they'd end up becoming the very system they tried to destroy, self-destructing in the ruins of their own creation. Either that, or flee the responsibility of ruling and live engulfed in unending loathing and dissatisfaction.

At least, that's what I'd imagine. For villains that only destroy, I'm uncertain if they'd know how to create.
Apr 26, 2022 8:41 AM
Jan 2020
Hm, I liked the first half more. But that score is still utter bullshit.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Active Raid: Kidou Kyoushuushitsu Dai Hachi Gakari Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2016

39 by BimZero »»
Jan 18, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Active Raid: Kidou Kyoushuushitsu Dai Hachi Gakari Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2016

38 by Ronninn »»
Apr 26, 2022 5:21 AM

Poll: » Active Raid: Kidou Kyoushuushitsu Dai Hachi Gakari Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

40 by Shocked »»
Apr 18, 2022 5:07 PM

Poll: » Active Raid: Kidou Kyoushuushitsu Dai Hachi Gakari Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

36 by Shocked »»
Apr 18, 2022 3:41 PM

Poll: » Active Raid: Kidou Kyoushuushitsu Dai Hachi Gakari Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2016

41 by Shocked »»
Apr 18, 2022 1:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.