Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 29, 2016 6:15 PM

Oct 2013
What made this anime so underrated?

I mean the first episode was pretty edgy which usually draws a lot of viewers in most cases like AoT or SAO.

The MC is not a self-insert and is actually pretty badass meanwhile people on MAL always whine and bitch about self-insert beta male MCs.

It's also not a harem nor it has any notable fanservice which are other things MAL users whine and bitch about.

It has high ranking female officers in the military so feminists and SJWs won't be able to whine and bitch about this one either.

And most importantly it takes place in the motherfucking Cold War era. Especially with the whole East Germany vs. West Germany, Soviet vs. NATO, Communism vs. Capitalism mentality back in the day. A concept I have yet to see in an anime.

Being a mecha anime is not an excuse why people would easily dismiss this considering absolute garbage series like Aldnoah.Zero still gets a lot of attention despite being mecha.

Literally the dumbest reason I saw why someone dropped this show is because he doesn't want to see mecha fights in a snowy field.
NetouyoFeb 29, 2016 6:19 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 29, 2016 6:31 PM

Feb 2013
i dont want to watch a muv luv ripoff.
Feb 29, 2016 6:32 PM

Jul 2011
Because people didn't liked as much as you
Feb 29, 2016 6:34 PM

Jan 2008
It would have been worth watching if it had more girls and fanservice.
Feb 29, 2016 6:34 PM

Apr 2015
eturnity said:
It isn't a rip-off it's a spin-off, major difference...

OT: It isn't a good show so it's not very popular, it's got nothing to do with being "underrated".
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Feb 29, 2016 6:38 PM

Oct 2013
Cookies said:
OT: It isn't a good show so it's not very popular, it's got nothing to do with being "underrated".
It doesn't even have to be good, though I think it's better than most shows airing this season.

The thing is, the above reason I listed above is usually what a typical MAL elitist is looking for yet they have completely ignored this show or doesn't even know it exists.
Feb 29, 2016 6:40 PM

Aug 2013
The anime feels too straightforward in its portrayal of war situation. No crazy plot, crazy mech battles, or some bizarre twists. It lacks such 'punches' that makes mech anime so enjoyable for me in the first place.
Feb 29, 2016 6:41 PM

Apr 2015
Netouyo said:
Cookies said:
It doesn't even have to be good, though I think it's better than most shows airing this season.

The thing is, the above reason I listed above is usually what a typical MAL elitist is looking for yet they have completely ignored this show or doesn't even know it exists.
You note all the reasons why it may please a very specific group of users, certainly not all of MAL, and don't bother listing points about the cons of the show. Lots of bad shows have pros to them, but just pointing out pros doesn't change the fact there are cons.

Another large thing you don't realise is that most of the points you listed are simply your opinion, others may consider those points as bad things.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Feb 29, 2016 6:46 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Paul said:
It would have been worth watching if it had more girls and fanservice.

i could say this about SOOOOOOOOO MANY shows lol
Feb 29, 2016 6:46 PM

Apr 2015
Going on my basic instinct and using my almighty intuition alongside the guidance of hearsay and the plot synopsis, I wager it's pretty so-so.Trash.

Don't be scared to enjoy third-rate products.
Feb 29, 2016 6:54 PM

Dec 2012
Because it reminds us how much disappointment Muv Luv: Total Ecliplse brought us.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Feb 29, 2016 6:54 PM

Oct 2013
Cookies said:
You note all the reasons why it may please a very specific group of users, certainly not all of MAL, and don't bother listing points about the cons of the show. Lots of bad shows have pros to them, but just pointing out pros doesn't change the fact there are cons.

Another large thing you don't realise is that most of the points you listed are simply your opinion, others may consider those points as bad things.
Why the hell would I list it's cons? Of course that's the purpose of this thread. Hence why I'm asking why it's underrated and all, it's for the users to reply it's cons and say their opinion why they didn't like it like what the poster above you did. The thread title is in a form of question.

It's like as if you don't know how forum discussions works.

Also the specific group of MAL users I'm talking about are usually the loudest and most obnoxious ones that you see in the general Anime discussion forum that creates threads usually bitching about fanservice, beta MC, weak females, etc. I never said all of MAL or hell I didn't even said majority of MAL, if you want me to be specific then I'm talking about these specific type of people yet most of these people haven't even heard of this show nor is trying to hype it.
Feb 29, 2016 7:10 PM

Dec 2013
Netouyo said:
Especially with the whole East Germany vs. West Germany, Soviet vs. NATO, Communism vs. Capitalism mentality back in the day.

I thought people lost interest to things like that since everyone has internet and artistic propaganda doesn't work anymore.
Feb 29, 2016 7:13 PM

Apr 2015
Netouyo said:
Cookies said:

Why the hell would I list it's cons? Of course that's the purpose of this thread. Hence why I'm asking why it's underrated and all, it's for the users to reply it's cons and say their opinion why they didn't like it like what the poster above you did. The thread title is in a form of question.

It's like as if you don't know how forum discussions works.

Also the specific group of MAL users I'm talking about are usually the loudest and most obnoxious ones that you see in the general Anime discussion forum that creates threads usually bitching about fanservice, beta MC, weak females, etc. I never said all of MAL or hell I didn't even said majority of MAL, if you want me to be specific then I'm talking about these specific type of people yet most of these people haven't even heard of this show nor is trying to hype it.
  • You said "MAL Users", so this refers to all the users on MAL, if you're referring to MAL users that use Anime Discussion then you should say so.
  • You state personal pros to the show, lots of people would disagree with your opinion. Having your own opinion is fine but you shouldn't expect people to like the show simply because you do for your own reasons.
  • To call it underrated is incorrect, it would be underrated if it was actually considered " very good" in the eyes of the people that have watched it while it isn't very popular. This is not the case for Schwarzesmarken.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Feb 29, 2016 7:21 PM

Jan 2014
I'll agree in saying Schwarzesmarken is super underrated. Even if I wasn't already a fan of the franchise, I'd be sold on the setting alone for this one. The portrayal of the politics is interesting, the characters are believable within their setting. The narrative has been delivered pretty well. And there's been quite a few intense moments that weren't just played up shock factor.
Really interesting signature
Feb 29, 2016 7:48 PM

Oct 2013
Cookies said:
  • You said "MAL Users", so this refers to all the users on MAL, if you're referring to MAL users that use Anime Discussion then you should say so.
  • You state personal pros to the show, lots of people would disagree with your opinion. Having your own opinion is fine but you shouldn't expect people to like the show simply because you do for your own reasons.
  • To call it underrated is incorrect, it would be underrated if it was actually considered " very good" in the eyes of the people that have watched it while it isn't very popular. This is not the case for Schwarzesmarken.

1. It actually works both ways since I said "MAL users who whines and bitch about something" then I could be very well talking specifically about people on this site who "whines and bitch". Depending on how you try to take the context of the thread or if you're arguing for the sake of argument. Especially since I didn't said "all" MAL users. You do realize it's very common that people mistakenly forgot to add "all" "most" "some" "certain" and shit like that because it only offends people who lacks common sense or people who try to argue for the sake of trying to argue with someone. Don't tell me I have to be specific in what type of MAL Elitist I'm referring to, Eh?

2. The funny thing is this doesn't even apply to me because if you see my favorites I actually love harem, ecchi, and beta-male MCs but the above reasons I give in the OP is to give specific reasons that these certain MAL users are looking for in an anime. These pros does not apply to me specifically but is a combination of things that you see on this board that people are looking for. I don't have to name who they are individually but the threads on this section of MAL speaks for itself.

3. Oh so is this the reason why the scores are low but the more detailed reviews are high?
NetouyoFeb 29, 2016 7:56 PM
Feb 29, 2016 7:53 PM

Apr 2015
Netouyo said:
Cookies said:

1. It actually works both ways since I said "MAL users who whines and bitch about something" then I could be very well talking specifically about people on this site who "whines and bitch". Depending on how you try to take the context of the thread or if you're arguing for the sake of argument. Especially since I didn't said "all" MAL users. You do realize it's very common that people mistakenly forgot to add "all" "most" "some" "certain" and shit like that because it only offends people who lacks common sense or people who try to argue for the sake of trying to argue with someone. Don't tell me I have to be specific in what type of MAL Elitist I'm referring to, Eh?

2. The funny thing is this doesn't even apply to me because if you see my favorites I actually love harem, ecchi, and beta-male MCs but the above reasons I give in the OP is to give specific reasons that these certain MAL users are looking for in an anime. These pros does not apply to me specifically but is a combination of things that you see on this board that people are looking for. I don't have to name who they are individually but the threads on this section of MAL speaks for itself.

3. Oh so is this the reason why the scores are low but the more detailed reviews are high?
I'm not sure if you've given up on being serious but all my points still stand. In the third and fourth sentences you specifically said "MAL Users" with nothing else describing them. You like harem and ecchi and that is exactly my points, a lot of people don't so you can't expect them to like it because of this.

Also your last points is probably your most ridiculous, there's only been 3 reviews on the show which are all written from a subjective point of view. The show isn't viewed as "Very good" by the majority of people who've watched it, therefore it's not underrated, even if it's not popular/mainstream.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Feb 29, 2016 8:00 PM

Oct 2013
Cookies said:
I'm not sure if you've given up on being serious but all my points still stand. In the third and fourth sentences you specifically said "MAL Users" with nothing else describing them. You like harem and ecchi and that is exactly my points, a lot of people don't so you can't expect them to like it because of this.

Also your last points is probably your most ridiculous, there's only been 3 reviews on the show which are all written from a subjective point of view. The show isn't viewed as "Very good" by the majority of people who've watched it, therefore it's not underrated, even if it's not popular/mainstream.
Hell, if you're seriously assuming (I'm pretty sure you're not) I'm referring to all MAL users in my post then that means it also applies to me but it's pretty obvious I don't whine and bitch about those things. Are you going to tell me I'm not a MAL user? Like I said, my post only refers to MAL users who whines and bitch. It's as simple as that.

How about you objectively name reasons why it's not good then?
Feb 29, 2016 8:05 PM

Apr 2015
Netouyo said:
Cookies said:

Hell, if you're seriously assuming (I'm pretty sure you're not) I'm referring to all MAL users in my post then that means it also applies to me but it's pretty obvious I don't whine and bitch about those things. Are you going to tell me I'm not a MAL user? Like I said, my post only refers to MAL users who whines and bitch. It's as simple as that.

I don't really understand what you're saying any more, but I'm not going to bother pointing out reasons why I and many others don't believe the show is good, you can just look at what others (who don't think it's good) have to say.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Feb 29, 2016 8:10 PM

Apr 2013
eturnity said:

Are you serious or joking? What the fuck. MAL has just hit a new low

It's a Muv Luv spin off.

OT: The VN is probably way better than the anime. The anime itself just seems rushed and mediocre (coming from a Muv Luv Alternative fanboy).
Feb 29, 2016 8:10 PM

Apr 2015
Netouyo said:

This is the most amusing thing about this thread as of now.
Feb 29, 2016 8:13 PM

Oct 2013
Cookies said:
I don't really understand what you're saying any more, but I'm not going to bother pointing out reasons why I and many others don't believe the show is good, you can just look at what others (who don't think it's good) have to say.
I have seen the sub-forum. Some reasons I have seen are things like "people thought it was harem", "this is a Muv-Luv rip-off", "they didn't adapt the main story", "they don't like politics", and other shallow reasons that falls in the subjective opinion.

You even have someone agreeing with me that this show is underrated, and like I said I never said this show was very good but it's underrated in the sense that it's more underrated than the bad shows (whether it's quality-wise or score-wise) that are more popular this season or underrated in the sense that the people that appreciates the characteristics I listed in the OP didn't even know this show exists.
NetouyoFeb 29, 2016 8:17 PM
Feb 29, 2016 8:13 PM

Feb 2013
Personally, I'm not watching it because it's a spin-off or whatever to a franchise I know nothing about, and I don't like starting with spin-offs, for what should be obvious reasons.
Feb 29, 2016 8:33 PM

Aug 2008
I like it better than Muv Luv. Not to mention it doesn't have that much fan service like Muv Luv.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Feb 29, 2016 8:46 PM

Mar 2008
Netouyo said:
What made this anime so underrated?
Its plentiful disagreeable elements, weak production values, and being overall quite mediocre.

I mean the first episode was pretty edgy which usually draws a lot of viewers in most cases like AoT or SAO.
In comparison, SAO's first episode could hardly be described as "edgy." A gripping start with general appeal is clearly not synonymous with "edginess."

The MC is not a self-insert and is actually pretty badass meanwhile people on MAL always whine and bitch about self-insert beta male MCs.
✓Can't handle orders
✓Can't stop moaning about the Stasi
✓Siscon
✓Generic male hero
✓Has only recently shown stand-out ability

It's also not a harem nor it has any notable fanservice which are other things MAL users whine and bitch about.

Some might find der Kapitan, ersatz imouto, imouto, and commissar tallying up to some close enough form.

It has high ranking female officers in the military so feminists and SJWs won't be able to whine and bitch about this one either.

Yes, having women represented in positions of power is all it takes to placate such ideologies.

And most importantly it takes place in the motherfucking Cold War era. Especially with the whole East Germany vs. West Germany, Soviet vs. NATO, Communism vs. Capitalism mentality back in the day. A concept I have yet to see in an anime.

And it does so as a story of alternate-history and fantastical powers. If people were truly enamoured with those themes, then they might instead be put-off by such an oversimplified attempt involving alien invaders and giant fighting robots.

Being a mecha anime is not an excuse why people would easily dismiss this considering absolute garbage series like Aldnoah.Zero still gets a lot of attention despite being mecha.
Pre-air buzz, staff prestige, production values; there are clear differences between the two.

Netouyo said:
lol

Disjointed arguments aside, I don't know. Maybe you're right OP, and Schwarz has a clearly lower view-count, score, or mention compared with other shows this season. But I don't know, because like many, I've not seen all that many shows from this season, nor have you shown any easily accessible information that backs up your assertion.

Generally, there can be many reasons for differing levels of popularity between seasonals. For Schwarz my assumptions would be:
1. a spinoff of a largely unknown franchise amongst western anime fans, not to mention the forgettable impression of its predecessor, Total Eclipse.
2. an adaptation of a light novel unpopular in the west.
3. B-grade production headed by a low-key animation studio and a director without a fan-following.
Feb 29, 2016 10:10 PM

Feb 2013
hoopla123 said:
eturnity said:

It's a Muv Luv spin off.

A show can be a rip off and a spin off at the same time.

An example would be Family Guy and The Cleveland Show.
eturnityFeb 29, 2016 10:15 PM
Feb 29, 2016 10:19 PM

Apr 2013
eturnity said:
hoopla123 said:

It's a Muv Luv spin off.

A show can be a rip off and a spin off at the same time.

An example would be Family Guy and The Cleveland Show.

smh. Never go full retard...

fukda30charlimitfukdapolice
Feb 29, 2016 10:21 PM

Mar 2014
Why would anybody want to watch a porn game adaptation about Stasi lolis?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 29, 2016 10:27 PM

Jan 2015
Because everything in Schwarzesmarken is just so average.
The characters are bland, the story is boring, and the animation isn't exactly pretty to look at. It doesn't have much going for it.
Feb 29, 2016 10:42 PM
Jul 2018
Cookies said:

You really need to admit that you got outplayed argument-wise, though I have no interest in joining this conversation as I haven't watched the show; was fun reading this topic nonetheless.
Feb 29, 2016 10:50 PM

Oct 2014
Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desukara. is obviously the most underrated show this season. It only has a 6.04 but it's quite enjoyable and the only two reviewers gave it a 9.
Feb 29, 2016 10:56 PM

Jan 2015
I don't give a shit about Schwarzesmarken, cuz it's still awesome!!! Yeah, it has flaws, but who cares? Action pays off....Characters are interesting...Music is epic....visuals also....or maybe it's underrated cuz MECHA's take primary war machine's place?
Feb 29, 2016 10:56 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
It's one of those series you pretty much have to play the VN for in order to really appreciate. The exposition about the world itself, the BETA etcetera is left out almost completely since you're already supposed to know all that. But any anime-only viewers are pretty much screwed from the start since MLA doesn't have an anime adaptation
Feb 29, 2016 11:57 PM

Apr 2015
I watched 5 episodes of Schwarzesmarken, but didn't connect at all with any characters. Since I was/am watching a lot of shows, I didn't feel an urge to continue this series.
Feb 29, 2016 11:59 PM

Jul 2015
Netouyo said:

Oh, so it's just another bullshit "elitists do X and Y" thread? And MAL and SJW in the same sentence? You're probably not spending enough time here to make accurate generalizations about users.
Mar 1, 2016 12:39 AM

Apr 2015
Ligonakos said:
Cookies said:
You really need to admit that you got outplayed argument-wise, though I have no interest in joining this conversation as I haven't watched the show; was fun reading this topic nonetheless.
I don't really know what you're referring to when you say "outplayed" or why I should "admit" that I got defeated "argument-wise", his subjective opinion is different to mine, so he considers it underrated because he enjoys it a lot more than I.

Also to the OP, Ckan sums up why it is generally mediocre.
CookiesMar 1, 2016 12:45 AM
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Mar 1, 2016 1:31 AM
Apr 2015
I think it's more like we already saw one of these so it isn't interessting anymore (if it even ever was to begin with). Especially when it's just a gore fest with no actual conclusion. And unlike highschool of the dead it doesn't have pandering from other shows in the west to lean itself on ( + the latter was clearly much more fanservice oriented, fap fap fap...)
Mar 1, 2016 9:25 PM
Jan 2013
One word: WEABOOS
Mar 2, 2016 12:55 AM

Aug 2013
Cookies said:
Netouyo said:

So you contributed nothing to this thread. Didn't answer any questions and just debated sentence structure with the OP, and then say you wont list your own reasons for not liking the show; simply saying it's not good.

Are you always this fucking retarded or is this an on-off thing? Were you born this fucking dumb or was there something in your tap water?
Mar 2, 2016 1:42 AM

Apr 2015
Jonesy974 said:
Cookies said:

So you contributed nothing to this thread. Didn't answer any questions and just debated sentence structure with the OP, and then say you wont list your own reasons for not liking the show; simply saying it's not good.

Are you always this fucking retarded or is this an on-off thing? Were you born this fucking dumb or was there something in your tap water?
You seem pretty offended for some reason, there's no need to be mad here. I answered OP's question and begun a discussion with him once he replied to me. I said I won't bother giving reasons why it has weak production values. Also I find it ironic how you tell me I'm "fucking retarded" because I didn't contribute anything to this thread, in your only post in this thread, which is contributing nothing.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Mar 2, 2016 3:41 AM

Jul 2015
I think because,a lot female characters.. will die in this anime-_-

and I'll be sad when thinking about it:'(
Mar 2, 2016 4:45 AM

Sep 2013
Ravel_Phx said:
I think because,a lot female characters.. will die in this anime-_-

and I'll be sad when thinking about it:'(

Maybe, but it's not a problem for me
Mar 2, 2016 5:14 AM

Sep 2015
It isn't really a good anime, that's why.
I'll quote myself from the other thread asking why this anime has a low score.

----------------------------------

It isn't a show deserving of a higher score.
Bear in mind that if you actually know how to use the 1-10 rating scale, a 6.69 score is perfectly fine. It's above-average.

As for my personal issues with this anime - the politics and drama detract from it, for me. The original Muv Luv deviated from the BETA - rather than having some last-ditch war to preserve humanity, we got beach episodes, a harem and a shounen-esque battle tournament.
Here in Schwarz, we're getting teen drama and some (for me) boring politics. In neither of these have the BETA been the main focus, which is counter-intuitive to the entire premise. It's one thing to have the politics and BETA having equal importance and occurring concurrently, but this is only a single cour. Neither side of this is going to get a decent amount of development.

It also doesn't help that the villains are so boringly clear cut, as well. The Stasi must breathe evil, look evil, speak evil, and every action they take must be insufferably EVILLLLLLLLLL.
Sigh. It doesn't feel remotely believeable. At first I found the "Cold War never officially ended" dynamic to be quite interesting, but they've absolutely butchered it. Rather than making each side seem like they have their own valid reasonings for their thinking, they've just made the Stasi seem like crazed lunatics Hell-bent on destruction and corruption.
I mean, when you have massive echelons of space aliens charging towards your base, switching all your focus into undermining your political opponent makes next to zero sense. It's one thing to take advantage of the confusion; it's another entirely to completely brush aside any threat that the BETA pose.

If this keeps on until the end, I'll probably end up giving this a 5/10 - I'm finding it better than Muv Luv Alternative but this is still really average and medicore.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Mar 2, 2016 5:50 AM
Apr 2015
ItsMaz said:
It isn't really a good anime, that's why.
I'll quote myself from the other thread asking why this anime has a low score.

----------------------------------

It isn't a show deserving of a higher score.
Bear in mind that if you actually know how to use the 1-10 rating scale, a 6.69 score is perfectly fine. It's above-average.

As for my personal issues with this anime - the politics and drama detract from it, for me. The original Muv Luv deviated from the BETA - rather than having some last-ditch war to preserve humanity, we got beach episodes, a harem and a shounen-esque battle tournament.
Here in Schwarz, we're getting teen drama and some (for me) boring politics. In neither of these have the BETA been the main focus, which is counter-intuitive to the entire premise. It's one thing to have the politics and BETA having equal importance and occurring concurrently, but this is only a single cour. Neither side of this is going to get a decent amount of development.

It also doesn't help that the villains are so boringly clear cut, as well. The Stasi must breathe evil, look evil, speak evil, and every action they take must be insufferably EVILLLLLLLLLL.
Sigh. It doesn't feel remotely believeable. At first I found the "Cold War never officially ended" dynamic to be quite interesting, but they've absolutely butchered it. Rather than making each side seem like they have their own valid reasonings for their thinking, they've just made the Stasi seem like crazed lunatics Hell-bent on destruction and corruption.
I mean, when you have massive echelons of space aliens charging towards your base, switching all your focus into undermining your political opponent makes next to zero sense. It's one thing to take advantage of the confusion; it's another entirely to completely brush aside any threat that the BETA pose.

If this keeps on until the end, I'll probably end up giving this a 5/10 - I'm finding it better than Muv Luv Alternative but this is still really average and medicore.

Pretty much this, the Stasi are as flat like the villians from akame ga kill and even they showed atleast they had the power to take on almost anyone. For a work that trying to be mature it's failing hard. The Stasi are insane and insanity cannot be reasoned with. It's the worst kind of motivation for a villain(s).

Is this anime good? No
Is it the worst this season? Far from.
Why does it get mediocre grades? Because the other animes (the worser ones) usually have a big pile of pandering going on that regardless of their retarted plot and characters still managed to provide some sort of enjoyment to the brainless masses. Which is something that Schwarzesmarken didn't have. And with nothing to distract their brain people see this "thing" for what it really is alot quicker.
frenze12Mar 2, 2016 8:10 AM
Mar 2, 2016 9:09 AM
Dec 2015
It's Mecha series (every Mecha series was Underrated in this site) also many people doesn't know about Muv-Luv series/universe plus not famous staff, cast, studio etc. although I'm enjoyed more this than Total Eclipse.
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Oct 19, 2016 12:26 PM
Sep 2015
After a stumbling start, this show became my second favorite of the season after Erased. 9/10.

That's right, I liked it more than KonoSuba.
Oct 25, 2016 4:21 PM
Sep 2014
Cookies said:
eturnity said:
It isn't a rip-off it's a spin-off, major difference...

I dont know a lot about this show universe, but im pretty sure this is actually a prequel.

@OT
Probably because first few episodes sucked. Show was introduced as another harem show.
First 5, 6 episodes were slow, not that much interesting, just introducing the characters and setting up the story. When story started to pick up it was already too late, people already dropped it.
But nothing new with a short anime. They can never have nice, fluid storytelling compared to 24 or more episodes show (even though they tend to fk things up too).

Regardless, it still has high entertaining value.
Dec 7, 2016 9:33 PM
Jun 2015
Its got a bad score because its a very bad adaptation. This is Dragon ball evolution of anime.
Dec 11, 2016 12:01 PM

Jan 2008
Schwarzesmarken hints The Euro Front
TPatrioticOtakuDec 14, 2016 4:16 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 8:10 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

78 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 7:58 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 2:14 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2016

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 24, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2016

76 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 23, 2023 6:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.